Gaming PlayStation 5

rotherham_red

Is it a Destruction Derby kinda thing? I'm still shocked how no-one has rebooted that in the age of battle royales.

50 or 100 cars smashing the shit out of each until the last man standing. Endless options for microtransactions too with customising your car. They're leaving money on the table.
Agreed re Destruction Derby, was great fun on the PS1

Bojan11

Not PS5 edition.
It is playable on PS3. So try again?

What will you be playing Cyberpunk on? Because that’s a old game according to your rules and you can’t be playing them on your next gen console.

rotherham_red

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the YouTube reviews of the PS5 which should be starting to come out tomorrow, followed by the games and accessories reviews.

Should mean a good stream of info coming out in this final period before the release of the console and accessories+games, proper.

Dave_MUFC

I'm not gonna watch or read up too much about the console (Just know what games are coming out and see some photos of it, didn't even watch the interface/OS video, Spiderman gameplay, or teardown). Want it to be a bit of a surprise when it arrives, as if you're constantly looking at videos of the system, interface, games etc. you'll know everything before it even arrives and it'll lose some of it's magic.

Same reason I'll try and do a blackout of news from the US when we're a week behind.

In this day and age, with so much social media available to us, it seems that people want to watch every single second of a product in use before getting it. Where's the fun in that, if you know exactly how it'll look and feel, the extras that will come with it, the startup, surprises in games, special luxury features etc.?

Shark

@NotShark
It is playable on PS3. So try again?

What will you be playing Cyberpunk on? Because that’s a old game according to your rules and you can’t be playing them on your next gen console.
RE2 esque remaster though :)

Dave_MUFC

Good luck with that as it will literally be everywhere.
Understand there'll be loads of photos etc. going round, but that won't tell me too much.

Just will avoid things like the PS5 subreddit (and probably this thread :lol:) , and not watch any videos about it.

Managed alright so far to avoid knowing loads about the console apart from how it looks, and the PS+ package.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Is it a Destruction Derby kinda thing? I'm still shocked how no-one has rebooted that in the age of battle royales.

50 or 100 cars smashing the shit out of each until the last man standing. Endless options for microtransactions too with customising your car. They're leaving money on the table.
There is a spiritual successor to destruction derby, Wreckfest. I keep meaning to pick it up but wait for sales.

Jaxa

I skipped the whole PS4 generation basically so very keen on getting to play Red Dead and Last of Us 1 and 2, will i be able to do so on PS5 ?

NM

I skipped the whole PS4 generation basically so very keen on getting to play Red Dead and Last of Us 1 and 2, will i be able to do so on PS5 ?
Yes, its backwards compatible

Jaxa

Yeah PS+ and PS now combined should give me enough titles to not need to buy much for a while.

Which of the 2 is it that doesn't include online play?
I think you need PS+ to play multiplayer games and PS now is the subscription you pay to have access to a catalogue of games including there multiplayer, i think...

JmRssll555

Good new surely? No one was paying full price for that but who knows it might be one of those surprise free hits like rocket league.
I think it's only going to be free for the first 2 months, then you'll need to buy it. However, probably still a good idea to delay and provide a 'demo' period on PS+ because a multiplayer online game like that will be no fun until there's a decent user base.

Hoof the ball

A neat tip I got from someone on Reddit regarding cheaper PS4/PS5 games on PSN.

ShopTo are selling PSN cards at 10-15% discount. If you buy those and then use them on PSN you'll save bunch of money on digital purchases.

Bojan11

ShopTo are selling PSN cards at 10-15% discount. If you buy those and then use them on PSN you'll save bunch of money on digital purchases.
Mate I literally posted that about 5 times before reddit stole it from HUKD.

I have spent a shit load on digital preorders for both. But @esmufc07 will still be bitter.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Thanks for sharing this, fantastic tip which I haven’t heard of before.

rotherham_red

Game Collection seem to be great in terms of prices for brand new physical games - regularly £5 off RRP

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Been doing that for ages.