Gaming PlayStation 5

RedDevilRoshi

Seems like the DualSense is the best thing about the PS5 judging by all the comments and videos from the folk that already have it. Unless I’ve completely missed it but nothing has been said much else about the other aspects of the PS5 such as the 3D audio or anything else for that matter.

littlepeasoup

Seems like the DualSense is the best thing about the PS5 judging by all the comments and videos from the folk that already have it. Unless I’ve completely missed it but nothing has been said much else about the other aspects of the PS5 such as the 3D audio or anything else for that matter.
Journalists and people have received the console early will be embargoed to talk about certain things at certain times. So far it’s been unboxing the console, the first level of Astro’s Playroom, and the controller. Would expect more about the console over the next week or so.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Journalists and people have received the console early will be embargoed to talk about certain things at certain times. So far it’s been unboxing the console, the first level of Astro’s Playroom, and the controller. Would expect more about the console over the next week or so.
And lots of talk about loading times.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I usually just turn off the vibrations to be honest. Don’t like it.
Agreed and will continue to do so. Taking all of this hype over the controller with limited interest as it has little benefit to me seemingly so far. Not much mention of better battery life that I’ve seen, sadly.

Bojan11

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'm bored of the fanboy shite now :lol: was funny for about a week.

Now it's just a yawnfest.

Just give us actual news and gameplay footage and stuff.

All you going through 20 articles to find one bad article about something to do with the console you're not in love with.
Agreed

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ZEhleI-5L1SxjED9cbEZXqm-W6Qb2X5AdGlPH4FIdEOxs

Nice guy Sony forcing you buy their expensive faceplates when they launch them.
They copied some of Sony's marketing slogans and had a name that was always going to have legal issues. Also, from their statement, though it says they did their due diligence it doesn't sound like they actually did.

There's always dbrand: https://dbrand.com/shop/sony-ps5-skins

Not actual faceplates but there's no issues with the skins - and they're cheaper.

Riz

Damn, seen that it’s now confirmed the faceplates will be removable (and therefore customisable).

I should have pre-ordered especially with winter looking to be a gloomy indoor affair. Guess with lockdown there’s no chance of going to find one on launch day either. Hopefully there’s some stock early in the new year as can’t imagine they’ll have any for Xmas.

Bojan11

Spoke to my local GAME, they are taking payments for the PS5 from tomorrow until Wednesday and will be open on launch day from 8am - 2pm for collection.
That’s for Xbox only. They deleted the tweet about PS5. Apparently consoles haven’t shipped and they don’t have the serial numbers, so can’t sell consoles without knowing serial numbers. Nearly every game store on twitter has mentioned Xbox preorders, but nothing about PS5.

shabz

That’s for Xbox only. They deleted the tweet about PS5. Apparently consoles haven’t shipped and they don’t have the serial numbers, so can’t sell consoles without knowing serial numbers. Nearly every game store on twitter has mentioned Xbox preorders, but nothing about PS5.
Ahhh they must have not been fully informed when I spoke to them then which is annoying. Hopefully they sort it out before Thursday!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s honestly news to me that people turn off vibrations, what kind of world do you live in?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It’s honestly news to me that people turn off vibrations, what kind of world do you live in?
That and turning off the graphic 'add-ons' in the menus is very popular. Every millisecond counts when you dont wish to get teabagged by an 8 year old.....again

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I'm not up to date with any news about this console; I've a second controller on the way so that I can play 2p games with the OH; what fun, 2p games are going to be available at launch that are worth the gazillion quid being charged?

Is that sackboy 2p?

Bojan11

I'm not up to date with any news about this console; I've a second controller on the way so that I can play 2p games with the OH; what fun, 2p games are going to be available at launch that are worth the gazillion quid being charged?

Is that sackboy 2p?
No it’s £59.99.

Bojan11

Went back from queueing outside Game for ages, once I got to the entrance person was advising they were only taking payments for XBox pre-orders not PS5. This was due to some issue via Sony. They have no idea when they will be informed but as it stands it will only be until Wednesday when they will allow payments and then click and collect on the day of launch.
Queried if for example they only find out Wednesday morning from Sony and people can't get to the store by the end of the day, wat will happen., they advised atm it's likely the pre-order will just sit there until the store is allowed to reopen normally.
Pfft
From resetera. Crazy if true.

TrustInJanuzaj

Surely people aren’t turning off vibrations in anything other than FPS though? I mean I do kind of get trying to maximise every advantage but I can’t imagine turning it off in an open world RPG for example.,

Bojan11

Slim to none chance - but does anyone think they will ship consoles earlier?
Nah. I think they have different release dates for different regions because they don’t want PSN to crash.

Imagine having a digital console and you practically can’t download anything as PSN is broken.

For instore preorders it seems if you don’t pay by Wednesday then you ain’t getting one till December. Deliveries should be fine but depends entirely on your area. In some areas Amazon was crap during previous lockdown and changed to 2 day shipping.

TrustInJanuzaj

Christ I’ve only just twigged that the US release so in 10 days! That’s awesome. If feel a hell of a lot better if I knew my preorder was going to arrive day one but Box have said they will tell us this month (leaving it late much!).

Leg-End

PSN was crippled on launch day of PS4, I distinctly remember being annoyed about it.

RedDevilRoshi

PSN was crippled on launch day of PS4, I distinctly remember being annoyed about it.
Me too, was an absolute nightmare. Won’t be surprised if the same thing happens again which will really piss off the folk that have digital editions.