Gaming PlayStation 5

littlepeasoup

I suspect it's a combination of a faulty batch and a bit of wear and tear.

The controller still works so I might hold off returning it.

Anyone who has returned items to Sony, what's the turn around?
I sent off my original controller to Sony at the start of January because the trackpad was faulty, and I've only just had confirmation they received it today. Bought another controller in the interim, and there's definitely something loose rattling around in there. :nervous:

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I hate to break this to you
I know it's a remastered ps3 game. The one im waiting for is horizon forbidden west, that looks amazing and will be out this year. I'm starting to think I bought this thing a year too early cost me 750 aswell. Although I did want to play the assassin's creed games and at least I've now got the console.

b82REZ

Was just over a week. (@b82REZ)

I'll take this opportunity to comment on your scummery in the other thread... Not impressed. I've decided to name my star after you... Bojan the bitter.
They returned it in a week or received it in a week?

It's a proper pisser having to return it because me and the missus play a lot of coop games.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They returned it in a week or received it in a week?

It's a proper pisser having to return it because me and the missus play a lot of coop games.
10 days turnaround give or take...

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ordered Sackboy so me and the mrs can play together, excited for it.

I’ve bought the PS4 version, so I assume the ps5 upgrade happens automatically?

Last edited:

kidbob

So silly question here but if I eventually buy a ps5 will all the digital ps4 games I own just be available to re-download on my account or is there any way to bring over all the save data from them too?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Wtf is with the scalpers this time round? They're loving the limelight too :lol: absolute dickheads, think they're some kind of genius business people , while also thinking they're a criminal king pin at the same time :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Finally managed to bag one of these today from Very. Doesn't come until Feb 19th but so glad the torture is over :)
Not to get you hopes up but Very said mine would come on the 10th of December and ended up arriving late November which was a miracle. Could be the same for you if you get lucky.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Pla...-/174610342581?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

And look its still on there. If you guys no how to stop this or shame it on social media I dunno. But it's a scam and has taken 500 of my and others money.
We complained to ebay, tried to stop the transaction by my bank and tried to stop it going through, through PayPal xoom but they didn't stop it. And that was over a week ago!

It gives a WhatsApp contact of 078 8193 6690

giggs-beckham

Clueless
So I've spent 500+750 for my ps5. I'm shocked it's still on there I'm hoping one of you guys has the know how to put them to the sword because we don't.

paulscholes18

Report him for fraud.
£500 for a PS5 on a fresh eBay account. You can bet he’s had multiple accounts banned.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So I've spent 500+750 for my ps5. I'm shocked it's still on there I'm hoping one of you guys has the know how to put them to the sword because we don't.
I hope you paid by PayPal? They normally are good at getting your money back. In future; a) don't buy from scalpers b) if you do, don't buy form accounts with 0 feedback.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You would hope that Argos will do what Game did and limit it to 1 per person.
Unfortunately that doesn't stop them as they buy from multiple accounts registered to multiple addresses.

This idea may not stop it but will make it a little harder for them is to do click and collect only, and you have to bring proof of address to collect, otherwise no PS5. At the moment it's too easy with home delivery.

In the long run it's going to hit Sony as they've sold loads of consoles that aren't being used, meaning less revenue from game sales.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I hope you paid by PayPal? They normally are good at getting your money back. In future; a) don't buy from scalpers b) if you do don't buy form accounts with 0 feedback.
Ok that is good advice. So with this one, when you enquire through WhatsApp the person says to set ut a PayPal (xoom) account which I left my gf to do because she just said it was through PayPal so I thought ok, sounds legit. But there was no way back from there....someone stop them! I just think there must be a way especially as the ebay listing is still up there now.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Ok that is good advice. So with this one, when you enquire through WhatsApp the person says to set ut a PayPal (xoom) account which I left my gf to do because she just said it was through PayPal so I thought ok, sounds legit. But there was no way back from there....someone stop them! I just think there must be a way especially as the ebay listing is still up there now.
Wait, what have whatsapp numbers got to do with a ebay transaction? The more you talk about it the more it feels like a scam which you should have caught onto . I would forward the messages they sent to you to eBay and PayPal. If you buy somethig over ebay don't give money directly through WhatsApp requests do it through the website.

If the price seems too good to be true it normally is.

hobbers

If you actually made the payment with paypal via the ebay listing you should be fine and they'll reinburse you. If you sent it as a 'gift' payment to him or similar then you're probably fecked as far as getting the money back.

Sanchez7

Bought a PS5 from Amazon on release date and have now recieved a 25% off code for PS Plus, Strange timing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bought a PS5 from Amazon on release date and have now recieved a 25% off code for PS Plus, Strange timing.
I got this, thought it was a scam at first. My PS plus goes til June but I guess might as well use it.

JP77

No offence mate but you should NEVER be buying anything off of somebody through EBay that is directing you to Whatsapp, that’s just common sense I’m afraid.

There’s plenty of legit sellers on Ebay and almost all of them are selling it at ludicrous prices so if you came across one for close to retail price telling you to contact them through WhatsApp then you shouldn’t even be looking any further, close the fecking page and move on. Right now you are not going to get one at retail price from anywhere like EBay. Don’t fall for terrible scams like that man.

Sanchez7

I got this, thought it was a scam at first. My PS plus goes til June but I guess might as well use it.
Same. Had to check if the order number matched. Anyway, I won't be using mine so if anyone needs it PM me.

JP77

In more positive news mine got dispatched yesterday from Game, hopefully here tomorrow and I’ve got Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday off work, buzzing even though I know the missus is going to be sniffing for attention as soon as it gets here and the kids will be on my case too haha

b82REZ

No offence mate but you should NEVER be buying anything off of somebody through EBay that is directing you to Whatsapp, that’s just common sense I’m afraid.

There’s plenty of legit sellers on Ebay and almost all of them are selling it at ludicrous prices so if you came across one for close to retail price telling you to contact them through WhatsApp then you shouldn’t even be looking any further, close the fecking page and move on. Right now you are not going to get one at retail price from anywhere like EBay. Don’t fall for terrible scams like that man.
Especially if the seller has no feedback and the account is brand new.

I do find it hard to sympathise with people buying, or attempting to buy from scalpers. They're as much of the problem as the scalpers themselves.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I got two codes

Didn't redeem the one sent on the 15th until today after they sent the second code through.