Gaming PlayStation 5

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I know why Sony took this approach for the PS4, but I hope they have a look at the way they handle updates moving into the next generation. The amount of times I’ve had to delete a game for a 15GB patch for COD (or any other big game) is ridiculous. Obviously it’s not the size of the update that you need to look at, it’s the size of the game that your updating.

I get why they do it, but having to constantly delete and then re-download a game just for a 10GB patch even though you have 100Gb free space is a bit maddening. Obviously this is mainly for games that are quite large, but still.
Why do they do it? I've never looked into it, just knew it was an absolute nightmare updating my games.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
On pc it doesn't really matter how good it is as people will always find ways around it.
If they target the software creators then they might stop it, but not through anti-cheat software in my inexperienced opinion.

There will be issues as shown recently when games tries to get root control of a pc to look for cheaters.
Yeah makes sense. Weeding out those not even good at cheating is a good start though. Some are mega obvious. Saw a video though that said the best ones will flick aimbot on and off with a key so not all of their shots are perfect headshots but enough to make the difference. Can’t see that ever being picked up.

Bojan11

Your argument about playing with friends is moot though as Xbox players can play with PC players, albeit with a huge disadvantage in certain games. Also I think cross platform gaming will be standard in this era of consoles as the groundwork was laid this time.

And if you think cheating isn't rife on consoles in FPS games, you'd be wrong.
What games have cheating on consoles?

I tried GTA V on PC and got turned into a ball about 2 minutes entering the lobby. Had to restart the game. Then after that met a guy who was invincible. Never seen that on console and I played it since launch.

Warzone is so bad on PC that console players are turning off cross play option.

b82REZ

What games have cheating on consoles?

I tried GTA V on PC and got turned into a ball about 2 minutes entering the lobby. Had to restart the game. Then after that met a guy who was invincible. Never seen that on console and I played it since launch.

Warzone is so bad on PC that console players are turning off cross play option.
I'm not a huge online gamer anymore but CoD was rife in with it. My students are forever telling me cheating happens all the time on Fortnite and I believe Warzone is worse than ever.

It seems to be a common misconception that cheating can't/doesn't happen on consoles.

Bojan11

I'm not a huge online gamer anymore but CoD was rife in with it. My students are forever telling me cheating happens all the time on Fortnite and I believe Warzone is worse than ever.

It seems to be a common misconception that cheating can't/doesn't happen on consoles.
COD on old consoles yes people used to use JTAG consoles and shit. Mainly because Sony and Microsoft stopped posting security updates for 360 and PS3. The PS4 and one have been harder to jailbreak and Jtag.

Warzone is filled with cheaters on console due to people from PC.

Also I think you are getting cheating and glitching confused. Fortnite has had glitches on consoles where you can confuse the game you have 0 ELO points and play noobs. But those get fixed pretty fast. GTA has had money glitches, but I never seen in the 7 years I been playing what I saw on PC. Aimbots and shit are a rare occurrence on console. On PC they pretty much common. Even Fifa is filled with cheaters on PC hence why nobody plays it on there.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Bloodborne 2, Elden Ring, God of War 2, Final fantasy 16, Persona 6, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne remake, Legend of Dragoon remake, Shadow hearts remake & Suikoden 2 remake.

Yes please.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Feel like not much of it will be for me if these guessed games are true. Really couldn't get into Horizon and never played Bloodborne. Would be excited by another God Of War though.

Rooney1987

Bloodborne 2, Elden Ring, God of War 2, Final fantasy 16, Persona 6, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne remake, Legend of Dragoon remake, Shadow hearts remake & Suikoden 2 remake.

Yes please.
I hope so but looking at what the studio is working on right now I can't see it but I hope I'm wrong.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Feel like not much of it will be for me if these guessed games are true. Really couldn't get into Horizon and never played Bloodborne. Would be excited by another God Of War though.
Doubt there will be bloodborne 2 or many of the guessed games.
The stuff I wrote was just pure fantasy.

From software is busy with Elden Ring, which we will hopefully see gameplay of.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I hope so but looking at what the studio is working on right now I can't see it but I hope I'm wrong.
I was just posting wishes. No way there will be a bloodborne 2 until mid-late ps5 era in my opinion, if it ever comes.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Why do they do it? I've never looked into it, just knew it was an absolute nightmare updating my games.
Well when you update a game, they make a complete copy of it on your hard drive. So if something goes a bit fecked up during the update process, you don't have to re-download the whole game again, just the update. But you then have to have so much space left on your hard drive. If we're talking about COD, I need 170Gb (at least) free even if the update isn't that big. It's just a pain in the arse

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wanna see a decent amount of VR stuff....... That's right I said it :p

Irwin99

I’m expecting a new dragon age game that everyone will say looks/is amazing... until three years time when a new Witcher game comes out and makes it look like crap.

afrocentricity

I’m expecting a new dragon age game that everyone will say looks/is amazing... until three years time when a new Witcher game comes out and makes it look like crap.
I liked the last one better than the last a Witcher tbf...

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Anyone knows if developers will release DLC's for graphic updates due to backwards compatibility or they will just release remasters at full price?

Ainu

I wanna see a decent amount of VR stuff....... That's right I said it :p
I doubt we'll see it to be honest. VR stuff will always be a significant visual downgrade compared to the flat screen so it's not something that's going to impress people during a next-gen reveal event. They need stuff that will blow people away.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Horizon 2 has got to be a shoe-in at this point? If it's anything as good as the first it'd be a fantastic launch title.
Vocalist for HZD has been *ahem* vocal about being excited for tonight's event

In the post for the latter on Instagram she added "and really looking forward to watch tomorrow's official @Playstation #PS5 Conference, #TheFutureOfGaming! "

Castia

I want to see the new console but I mainly want to see to this new SSD in action. Even for games like FIFA that have daft loading times if that’s cut right down whilst also offering 4K 60FPS it will be a good enough leap.

Excited to see the new OS as well, I‘m hyped to feck tbh it will probably be a let down because I’m expecting too much.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Horizon 2 has got to be a shoe-in at this point? If it's anything as good as the first it'd be a fantastic launch title.
I would have thought so. It's been over three years since the first one came out. They're obviously working on it so it would make sense to have the reveal here.

afrocentricity

I doubt we'll see it to be honest. VR stuff will always be a significant visual downgrade compared to the flat screen so it's not something that's going to impress people during a next-gen reveal event. They need stuff that will blow people away.
Temp username bet, I think VR will feature. If I'm wrong we swap usernames for a period. You down?

littlepeasoup

Vocalist for HZD has been *ahem* vocal about being excited for tonight's event

In the post for the latter on Instagram she added "and really looking forward to watch tomorrow's official @Playstation #PS5 Conference, #TheFutureOfGaming! "
Yeahhhhh...

Man, that first game is beautiful. I can't wait to see what they do on the new hardware. Guerrilla just seem to have some special sauce when it comes to making PlayStation games. No wonder Kojima used their engine for Death Stranding.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hoping to see some God of War 2 and Spider-Man 2. Can’t wait for the event

Heardy

Sorry if this has been discussed to death but do we have any realistic idea on price on release?

I was assuming there’d be a bump relative to PS4 (which was £350?) and the console will be over £500?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Sorry if this has been discussed to death but do we have any realistic idea on price on release?

I was assuming there’d be a bump relative to PS4 (which was £350?) and the console will be over £500?
I expect it to be around £499 for the standard size with the model with the larger storage more expensive.