Gaming PlayStation 5

Bojan11

“However, more recent interviews with both Spencer and Xbox CFO Tim Stuart suggest Elder Scrolls 6 will be cross-platform, but Xbox will get the upper hand. We reported in November that Stuart wants titles from Microsoft-owned companies to be "either first or better or best" on Xbox Series X and PC”.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....r-scrolls-6-release-date-location-news-races/
You are posting articles from two weeks that are quotes from last November, when the takeover was not finalised.

Phil Spencer: "I listen to the podcasts and all the questions, so I'm gonna try to be as clear as I can, because that's what I, I just think it's fair. So obviously I can't sit here and say every Bethesda game is exclusive, because we know that's not true. There's contractual obligations that we're going to see through as we always do in every one of these instances. We have games that exist on other platforms, and we're going to go support those games on the platforms they're on. There's communities of players. We love those communities and we'll continue to invest in them. And even in the future, there might be things that have either contractual things or legacy on different platforms that we'll go do. But if you're an Xbox customer, the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists, and that's our goal. That's why we're doing this. That's the root of this partnership that we're building, and the creative capability we will be able to bring to market for our Xbox customers is going to be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."
This is last week at the Bethesda round table. Can’t believe people are still debating it, even Afro has realised it’s up.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Finally got one today, bought Spidey along with it, what else do you guys recommend?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finally got one today, bought Spidey along with it, what else do you guys recommend?
I will recommend Nioh 1&2, Dark Souls 1-3, Demons Souls Remake, Bloodborne, Sekiro, God of War, The Witcher 3, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Bloodstained ritual of the night, Darkest Dungeon, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Dragon Quest 11, YS 8, FF7 remake, Ni no kuni 1&2 & Ghost of Tsushima.

These are mostly rpgs, but out of those I've bolded the ones I think anyone should play if only for the experience.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I will recommend Nioh 1&2, Dark Souls 1-3, Demons Souls Remake, Bloodborne, Sekiro, God of War, The Witcher 3, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Bloodstained ritual of the night, Darkest Dungeon, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Dragon Quest 11, YS 8, FF7 remake, Ni no kuni 1&2 & Ghost of Tsushima.

These are mostly rpgs, but out of those I've bolded the ones I think anyone should play if only for the experience.
That should take him all of 4 hours. Anything more challenging?

Cal?

CR7 fan

Thanks, will check some out, was thinking about FF7 remake and Ghost of Tsushima anyway.

Also a friend recommended Hitman 3, haven't played any Hitman for a long time, this one good?

Bojan11

This is rare from me, but I agree with you. Fantastic recommendations and this post should be threadmarked or put in the opening post, so if anybody asks for recommendations then they follow this excellent post.

Keep up the good work, Elvis.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Thanks, will check some out, was thinking about FF7 remake and Ghost of Tsushima anyway.

Also a friend recommended Hitman 3, haven't played any Hitman for a long time, this one good?
FF7 Remake is a free game on this months PS Plus so get subscribed and you can download it free, whilst also accessing all the games on the PS Plus Collection.

You can get 12 months from ShopTo for £39

https://www.shopto.net/en/dls55907-playstation-plus-12-month-membership-p113292/

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is my 6th PlayStation since the PS5

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Still really glad I took the shopto pre-pre-order for 1p option back in June 2020.

Even then, I managed to snag an extra one from Argos for my friend when their orders went live.

I'm hoping to get a digital edition one so that I can have a PS5 upstairs and downstairs with the disc one going into the living room to act also as the blu-ray player on my 4k TV.

I won't do this until stock eventually becomes more plentiful as I feel it would be wrong to deprive others of a chance to get their first machine. Probably misguided as all I am actually doing by waiting is making it easier for the scalpers to get one and then overcharge some poor sucker.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Anybody played through the Metro games?

Metro Redux is £4.99 on the PS Store at the moment. Never played one of them.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
FF7R has completely sucked me in. I've put 20 hours in already and have just started chapter 11. The combat is a bit unbalanced in that I have taken down some bosses fairly easily only to then be annihilated by a group of bandits who have those damn electric AoE mines which stun you for about 30 seconds while they all hit you.

Overall though, a really fun game.

b82REZ

FF7R has completely sucked me in. I've put 20 hours in already and have just started chapter 11. The combat is a bit unbalanced in that I have taken down some bosses fairly easily only to then be annihilated by a group of bandits who have those damn electric AoE mines which stun you for about 30 seconds while they all hit you.

Overall though, a really fun game.
Same, although I find the combat incredibly easy. I'm yet to die and I've just reached the Corneo chapter.

It's made me want to get one of the older ones to play with the traditional combat

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Same, although I find the combat incredibly easy. I'm yet to die and I've just reached the Corneo chapter.

It's made me want to get one of the older ones to play with the traditional combat
Yeah what's the deal with that? It started out fairly difficult but now I'm feeling op. Chapter 11 too...

Ainu

I picked classic combat. I died all the time in the original so not sure what's going on, apart from me being 25 years older.
Classic combat automatically puts the difficulty on easy as well, which is stupid imo. It should be an option separate from difficulty. The good thing about classic is that AI party members fill their ATB gauges more efficiently, without having to constantly babysit them. On the other hand, I guess constantly switching is sort of the point of this battle system.

b82REZ

Classic combat automatically puts the difficulty on easy as well, which is stupid imo. It should be an option separate from difficulty. The good thing about classic is that AI party members fill their ATB gauges more efficiently, without having to constantly babysit them. On the other hand, I guess constantly switching is sort of the point of this battle system.
Ahh, that explains it. So what will i lose if I change from classic now?

Also I rarely switch character, but that might be because it's so easy.

Moby

Dick
I figured it'd be at least normal difficulty, but with proper turn based battles. Looks like I couldn't have been more wrong.
Classic and easy is same difficulty. Think the only difference is in classic you just give commands. I wish they had that mode but with normal difficulty. I want to experience proper turn based combat and don't wanna be arsed with actually executing any moves.

Ainu

Ahh, that explains it. So what will i lose if I change from classic now?

Also I rarely switch character, but that might be because it's so easy.
On the default mode (non-classic), you have use basic attacks (square) and special attacks (triangle) to build up your character's ATB gauge. You also need to dodge and defend/parry manually, if necessary. I haven't actually tried classic myself, but from what I've read it does all of those things automatically for you. Your AI party members also won't do much by themselves. They'll build up ATB at a snail's pace, so you actively have to switch characters to build up ATB so you can use spells and abilities. If you want to have characters unleash specific abilities in sequence, you'll first need to rotate between them so they have filled ATB segments ready. It can be slightly annoying at first, but fortunately switching between characters on the fly is all very quick and intuitive.

Moby

Dick
I haven't actually tried classic myself, but from what I've read it does all of those things automatically for you.
Basically similar to how it is in persona 5 then right? I don't mind that as long as there's enough strategy involved in selecting the commands. I remember playing the demo of this game on non classic and that wasn't really tough either. But in the turn based combat I've played so far I generally prefer being more involved in the strategy side of things than actual combat. Will start this soon and see what suits me. Think I've selected normal as of now.

Ainu

Basically similar to how it is in persona 5 then right? I don't mind that as long as there's enough strategy involved in selecting the commands. I remember playing the demo of this game on non classic and that wasn't really tough either. But in the turn based combat I've played so far I generally prefer being more involved in the strategy side of things than actual combat. Will start this soon and see what suits me. Think I've selected normal as of now.
I wouldn't say it is similar to P5 at all. P5 is actual turn-based gameplay, there's nothing turn-based about FFVII remake, regardless of what mode you're playing. Classic still plays essentially the same as normal, except that the AI takes over part of the combat and the game partially plays itself. Command selection for all characters is the same in both modes, only the ATB accumulation is different.

Moby

Dick
I wouldn't say it is similar to P5 at all. P5 is actual turn-based gameplay, there's nothing turn-based about FFVII remake, regardless of what mode you're playing. Classic still plays essentially the same as normal, except that the AI takes over part of the combat and the game partially plays itself. Command selection for all characters is the same in both modes, only the ATB accumulation is different.
Cheers. I was hoping to get a bit of that turn based combat fix after starting with FF. I guess not. :(

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

Great list.