Gaming PlayStation 5

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Looks okay. I’m certainly interested but it’s not quite what I was hoping for when I initially saw the first announcement. Honestly all I really want a new elder scrolls, genuinely hope that Xbox pull it off in a big way.

decorativeed

I was on the smyths site, refreshing it every few minutes. When the stock appeared it kicked me out and said it thought I was a bot. By the time it let me in it was all gone. Absolute cnuts
Same happened to me. Trying to get one for my son for his birthday. I don't get why the likes of Amazon don't let people who are genuine customers put one on backorder, then I wouldn't have to keep checking every ten minutes or keeping stockinformer open on the laptop all day.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Same happened to me. Trying to get one for my son for his birthday. I don't get why the likes of Amazon don't let people who are genuine customers put one on backorder, then I wouldn't have to keep checking every ten minutes or keeping stockinformer open on the laptop all day.
Yup, sons birthday as well. Staring down a hefty eBay purchase at this rate

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I won't go that far, and I've made no promises, luckily. To be fair, if I do manage to get one, I get to have his PS4 and play Spider-man which is extra motivation!
Stupidity I have....I didn’t know how hard to get hold of they’d be.

gormless

Every now and then when streaming there will be a single white line that runs across the screen. Particularly noticeable during close ups during the football on the BT sport app tonight. Happened on Netflix as well. Anyone got any ideas?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Any recommend any good strategy type games for me? Been watching a bit of 7 days to die, but unfortunately don't have a PC at the moment. Prefer something we're my choices actually matter and have an impact after just finishing the last of us for the first time and getting annoyed that I didn't have a little more freedom.

Shark

@NotShark
Any recommend any good strategy type games for me? Been watching a bit of 7 days to die, but unfortunately don't have a PC at the moment. Prefer something we're my choices actually matter and have an impact after just finishing the last of us for the first time and getting annoyed that I didn't have a little more freedom.
Dayz has a PS4 version but supposed to be very buggy and doesn't benefit from PS5's boost mode. Dying Light is supposed to be decent on consoles but again will run much better on a PC but definitely worth a shot if you're looking more a zombie survival type game.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Dayz has a PS4 version but supposed to be very buggy and doesn't benefit from PS5's boost mode. Dying Light is supposed to be decent on consoles but again will run much better on a PC but definitely worth a shot if you're looking more a zombie survival type game.
Thanks ill give it a look, I'm thinking any strategy type game, but they are all old PC games that I used to enjoy like AoE and Total Annahilation etc

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wasn't very impressed. Felt very much like a free game, wasn't very smooth at all.
The pace is off, cut scene, 30 seconds game play, then another cut scene etc.

Feel like it has potential and the story seems decent enough, just had some randomers join me too which was a welcome addition.

Smores

The pace is off, cut scene, 30 seconds game play, then another cut scene etc.

Feel like it has potential and the story seems decent enough, just had some randomers join me too which was a welcome addition.
Yeah I thought it had potential but looks like another Anthem to me. Nice in theory but just a bad game.

There's a massive space for these co-op games that feels a little unfulfilled right now.

Berbasbullet

Yeah I thought it had potential but looks like another Anthem to me. Nice in theory but just a bad game.

There's a massive space for these co-op games that feels a little unfulfilled right now.
Absolutely! Thought the division had a good crack at it. But like the idea of just jumping into a game with a mate.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
How is the pricing for PS5 games in your area? Miles Morales is still 4k INR ( 70$) here. All games I have played on PS5 is bunch of backward compatible games be it with better frame rate. But this lack of price drop for games which are now 5 months old is disappointing

United Hobbit

My boyfriend has finally received his. I just dabble in the odd game

I've just been allowed to play some of the game with the little robot that comes with the console. The controller vibrations are interesting, I could feel the resistance walking in in water

There's quite a lot of extra coordination involved, something i suck at :lol: eg climbing up the wall and having to twist the controller!

I'd really like to see a game like Horizon, to properly test what it can do graphics wise etc as Zero Dawn on the PS4 was beautiful. I played a little bit of it and enjoyed galloping around on the machines through the beautiful scenery. The game play was good as well (til it got too hard for me and I got frustrated :lol: )

Bojan11

How is the pricing for PS5 games in your area? Miles Morales is still 4k INR ( 70$) here. All games I have played on PS5 is bunch of backward compatible games be it with better frame rate. But this lack of price drop for games which are now 5 months old is disappointing
Demon’s Souls is £70 in the UK just like Ratchet will be. MM is £50, if you want the remastered version included then it’s £70 and Sackboy is £60.

Berbasbullet

Demon’s Souls is £70 in the UK just like Ratchet will be. MM is £50, if you want the remastered version included then it’s £70 and Sackboy is £60.
I picked up the PS4 version of sackboy for around 40 on eBay if you don’t mind just having the PS4 version that upgrades for you.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Sackboy £54.99
MM £44.99
Demon’s Souls £60.99

And that’s just on Argos I haven’t bothered looking anywhere else. Stop spreading misinformation.

Bojan11

Sackboy £54.99
MM £44.99
Demon’s Souls £60.99

And that’s just on Argos I haven’t bothered looking anywhere else. Stop spreading misinformation.
I am talking about the PS store. How much did you pay for them?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
My boyfriend has finally received his. I just dabble in the odd game

I've just been allowed to play some of the game with the little robot that comes with the console. The controller vibrations are interesting, I could feel the resistance walking in in water

There's quite a lot of extra coordination involved, something i suck at :lol: eg climbing up the wall and having to twist the controller!

I'd really like to see a game like Horizon, to properly test what it can do graphics wise etc as Zero Dawn on the PS4 was beautiful. I played a little bit of it and enjoyed galloping around on the machines through the beautiful scenery. The game play was good as well (til it got too hard for me and I got frustrated :lol: )
Yeah, Astro's Playroom. It's actually a really good game especially when you consider it came free with the console. It's the game I use to show off the new console (especially if the person doesn't typically play games) because of the work they did with the controller. What they did with the triggers is pretty neat, and the little subtleties in how the controller feels when you walk on different surfaces is pretty incredible. Great piece of tech.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
@Berbasbullet

Didn't you say you were having some issues seeing certain environments due to them being so dark? Seems like it was a known issue.

United Hobbit

Yeah, Astro's Playroom. It's actually a really good game especially when you consider it came free with the console. It's the game I use to show off the new console (especially if the person doesn't typically play games) because of the work they did with the controller. What they did with the triggers is pretty neat, and the little subtleties in how the controller feels when you walk on different surfaces is pretty incredible. Great piece of tech.
It's quite friendly for non hard-core gamers too, but like Spyro though I suck at flying in that paper aeroplane Astri has :lol:

Do those controller features work on all games, or are they set at just that one for now? He's playing Spideman on it atm.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Do you have to activate your ps5 as your primary console? I deactived my account on the ps4 and logged into ps5 and was trying to find a way to do so?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's quite friendly for non hard-core gamers too, but like Spyro though I suck at flying in that paper aeroplane Astri has :lol:

Do those controller features work on all games, or are they set at just that one for now? He's playing Spideman on it atm.
Yeah, most games use them to varying degrees. But not to the extent of Astros. That game really is a showcase for the controller. There are a few games where you handle guns (Control, Black Ops Cold War, etc) and the triggers vary in resistance depending on what type of gun you're using, which is quite neat. I think there are also a few driving games that use haptics, which will give you a different feel depending on what sort of surface you're driving on.

Spider-Man Miles Morales does use the triggers and haptics but I didn't find them particularly impressive. It's still early days, so I still think developers haven't fully got to terms with it all yet. Hopefully, it will be better utilized further down the road. Because the tech is really great.

But Spider-Man is an incredible game, regardless of the haptics/triggers.

Berbasbullet

Astro has by far utilised them the most, some games use it fairly subtly, but when it comes to shooting guns (say for example in Control) it makes a big difference.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
@Berbasbullet

Didn't you say you were having some issues seeing certain environments due to them being so dark? Seems like it was a known issue.

That is bit too late for me.. On Oled i had to increase brightness to 70 and still face difficulty in some areas. Well lit area would become issue as well so I guess this update is really good.

Strange decision to have HDR on for every game. There should be option to turn it off for games which don't support HDR

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That is bit too late for me.. On Oled i had to increase brightness to 70 and still face difficulty in some areas. Well lit area would become issue as well so I guess this update is really good.

Strange decision to have HDR on for every game. There should be option to turn it off for games which don't support HDR
Yeah, it's a strange one. I just assumed it was my TV, or I fecked up when it comes to adjusting the brightness sliders before you start the game. Because I always mess those things up. Took a while for them to fix it, as well.