Gaming PlayStation 5

United Hobbit

Yeah, most games use them to varying degrees. But not to the extent of Astros. That game really is a showcase for the controller. There are a few games where you handle guns (Control, Black Ops Cold War, etc) and the triggers vary in resistance depending on what type of gun you're using, which is quite neat. I think there are also a few driving games that use haptics, which will give you a different feel depending on what sort of surface you're driving on.

Spider-Man Miles Morales does use the triggers and haptics but I didn't find them particularly impressive. It's still early days, so I still think developers haven't fully got to terms with it all yet. Hopefully, it will be better utilized further down the road. Because the tech is really great.

But Spider-Man is an incredible game, regardless of the haptics/triggers.
Astro has by far utilised them the most, some games use it fairly subtly, but when it comes to shooting guns (say for example in Control) it makes a big difference.
I've just done the water park/ beach level on Astro, the attention to detail on the controller is fantastic, you can feel the resistance of the water when swimming and the sand hitting you as you run into the sand. Do you think more games will utilise it (thinking ones like Horizon where you have different terrain) it's such an intriguing feature it would be a shame for game developers not to use it

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I've just done the water park/ beach level on Astro, the attention to detail on the controller is fantastic, you can feel the resistance of the water when swimming and the sand hitting you as you run into the sand. Do you think more games will utilise it (thinking ones like Horizon where you have different terrain) it's such an intriguing feature it would be a shame for game developers not to use it
Yeah Horizon no doubt will utilise it, more and more games will in time, sack boy does a little and Control does too, and probably others do as well.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just managed to complete and get the Platinum on Days Gone. I put the game down initially midway through but with the PS5 update it looks and plays brilliantly and I got hooked into the second half of the story. I still think the writing and some of the characters range from irritating to forgettable but overall I found it interesting and dealing with the hordes is good fun. I’d look forward to seeing what they can do on a second game as some of the mechanics were solid and the world was well crafted.

Not sure what my next endeavour should be, possibly go back to play Miles Morales as I never got to it after finishing Spider-Man remastered. I still have about half of AC Valhalla to go back to and I keep telling myself I’ll pick back up on Ghost of Tsushima. The lesson is I need to stop dropping games midway through, but it’s hard when they are often absolutely massive scale open worlds which burn you out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I got a free trial of PS Now but ran out of things to play on it quite quickly. Not interested in a lot of the games. Super Hot was decent for 30 mins.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Finally got the Platinum in Control. Not sure what to move on to next. I got Remnant: From the Ashes, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Days Gone. I heard Days Gone takes a while to get going, so not sure if I'm in the mood for that.

AaronRedDevil

Finally got the Platinum in Control. Not sure what to move on to next. I got Remnant: From the Ashes, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Days Gone. I heard Days Gone takes a while to get going, so not sure if I'm in the mood for that.
Days Gone gets good after 10 hours. Takes about 40 to complete.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Days Gone gets good after 10 hours. Takes about 40 to complete.
Yeah, that's a long time for something to click. I guess I could just skip the cutscenes because I probably won't even care about the story, but not sure if I can be arsed to persevere for that long for the game to kick into gear. I wanted to check it out because of the next-gen patch they put in it. It's supposed to be quite good in 60fps.

AaronRedDevil

Yeah, that's a long time for something to click. I guess I could just skip the cutscenes because I probably won't even care about the story, but not sure if I can be arsed to persevere for that long for the game to kick into gear. I wanted to check it out because of the next-gen patch they put in it. It's supposed to be quite good in 60fps.
It is a fun game to play I'll give it that, makes the zombies feel like a threat for once. The story is decent but the dialogue is pretty meh. The last 10 hours then, it gets pretty good, but yeah it take a long while to get to that point. You're best bet is probably FF7. Played it for the first time myself when it came out. It was brilliant game. Around the same length but a far better and entertaining story and characo.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It is a fun game to play I'll give it that, makes the zombies feel like a threat for once. The story is decent but the dialogue is pretty meh. The last 10 hours then, it gets pretty good, but yeah it take a long while to get to that point. You're best bet is probably FF7. Played it for the first time myself when it came out. It was brilliant game. Around the same length but a far better and entertaining story and characo.
Yeah, I've never been a FF fan, but this one does look really good. I'm not particularly a fan of turn-based combat, but this one does look pretty cool. I have it downloaded so I'll probably give it a go tonight and see how it goes.

b82REZ

Yeah, I've never been a FF fan, but this one does look really good. I'm not particularly a fan of turn-based combat, but this one does look pretty cool. I have it downloaded so I'll probably give it a go tonight and see how it goes.
It's not turn based, unfortunately.

Still, it's an amazing game. Absolutely loving playing it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's not turn based, unfortunately.

Still, it's an amazing game. Absolutely loving playing it.
Ah, fair enough. A perfect example of my ignorance on the matter. As I said, I'm no FF fan (think I've only ever played one game in the series for a few hours) so I just assumed that it was turn-based as I know other games in the series are. Even better then.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
How does FF7 look on the PS5 is it 60 fps?
As far as I know, this current version of the game doesn't run at 60fps. But they are releasing an upgraded version called Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade which I think is coming out in June or something, and that will run at 60fps

b82REZ

As far as I know, this current version of the game doesn't run at 60fps. But they are releasing an upgraded version called Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade which I think is coming out in June or something, and that will run at 60fps
Intergrade is part 2. When that release people who BOUGHT the remake get a free upgrade (60fps/4k/faster loading).

However to the people, like me, that got it through PS+ won't get an upgrade, or even have the option to pay for the upgrade.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ah okay thanks, does it matter so much in this game? Does it still look/play okay?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Intergrade is part 2. When that release people who BOUGHT the remake get a free upgrade (60fps/4k/faster loading).

However to the people, like me, that got it through PS+ won't get an upgrade, or even have the option to pay for the upgrade.
Yeah, exactly. There was a lot of furore around that when they announced it.

I don't think it's part 2 though, is it? More of a transitional step.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ah okay thanks, does it matter so much in this game? Does it still look/play okay?
Not sure on that front, unfortunately. Haven't played it myself, yet. Will be giving it a go later tonight.

Perhaps others in this thread can clue you in on how it plays, etc.

b82REZ

Yeah, exactly. There was a lot of furore around that when they announced it.

I don't think it's part 2 though, is it? More of a transitional step.
Its more of a DLC, I put part 2 because I'd just been reading about it.

I think the full part 2 is a couple of years away.

BristolRuss

Intergrade definitely isn't part 2. It's just the PS5 version on part 1 with some Yuffie dlc made available.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Its more of a DLC, I put part 2 because I'd just been reading about it.

I think the full part 2 is a couple of years away.
Yeah, I thought it was. You won't see part 2 for a while.

To not even have the option of upgrading to the Intergrade version for PS Plus members is a bit much though. Surprised they did that

LoneStar

What's this with the thread title, Is Horizon Zero Dawn free to play? I cant see that on the store.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It’s coming as a free game for the Play at Home event, but isn’t available yet.

Also available on Ps Now if you have that.
What's this with the thread title, Is Horizon Zero Dawn free to play? I cant see that on the store.
HZD is coming April 19th, I think. The other games are March 25th.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
How do I mute the controller ffs? Like, mute voice chat so i cant hear people talking through the fecking controller? Strange design choice.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I had a look around last week and the best I could find from someone I trusted was CDKeys. I ended up buying it on the PlayStation website as they've got a discount going on for only £2 more at the moment.

PlayStation Plus - 12 Month Subscription (UK) | PlayStation | CDKeys
£39.85 is the cheapest I can see.

https://www.shopto.net/en/dls55907-playstation-plus-12-month-membership-p113292/

As much of a Cnut as he is @Bojan11 usually knows good deals lurking around.
Cheers, went with the shopto link ;)