Gaming PlayStation 5

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It's fair enough not being excited by all this acquisition news (although I was over the moon about Insomniac). It's more of an XBox thing right? "Yay we bought such and such, lets have a circle jerk" "Winning!!11"
True, results are all that matters, and ultimately as long as we’re getting games I don’t really care about the logistics of who owns who.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's fair enough not being excited by all this acquisition news (although I was over the moon about Insomniac). It's more of an XBox thing right? "Yay we bought such and such, lets have a circle jerk" "Winning!!11"
Exactly, people won't reap the benefits of this stuff for years.

What really matters right now is that Sony already have plenty of great first part of studios that will be pumping games out in the immediate future and not a billion years when ES6 is ready.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I appreciate I'm probably the 1,000th person to be annoying and ask this in the thread, but how the feck does one buy a PS5? Is there a secret trick that most of you know, or is it just following the right twitter threads, setting notifications on and hurrying like mad once you get notified?

Leg-End

I appreciate I'm probably the 1,000th person to be annoying and ask this in the thread, but how the feck does one buy a PS5? Is there a secret trick that most of you know, or is it just following the right twitter threads, setting notifications on and hurrying like mad once you get notified?
Twitter with notifications is your best bet, there seems to have been a bit more regular stock over the last few weeks but you still have to be quick and lucky to nab one.

Ainu

These are mostly acquisitions that make a lot of sense and it's less about securing IPs exclusively. Since the start of the PS4 era, Sony published 5 of the 6 games released by Housemarque, the exception being Nex Machina which was also on PC (a route Sony seem to be exploring more anyway). It changes literally nothing in terms of the availability of the games but it reinforces their support of this studio. Nixxes didn't have that longstanding relationship with Sony but they also don't have a single IP of their own, so again this changes nothing to the availability of games. This is purely a talent acquisition.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
These are mostly acquisitions that make a lot of sense and it's less about securing IPs exclusively. Since the start of the PS4 era, Sony published 5 of the 6 games released by Housemarque, the exception being Nex Machina which was also on PC (a route Sony seem to be exploring more anyway). It changes literally nothing in terms of the availability of the games but it reinforces their support of this studio. Nixxes didn't have that longstanding relationship with Sony but they also don't have a single IP of their own, so again this changes nothing to the availability of games. This is purely a talent acquisition.
Agreed...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Which is what exactly? A game that came out last year including all the DLC? Wow. Amazing. Can't wait.
You said give us game news. They did. They can’t announce new games every other week. I’d imagine there’ll be a State of Play event this month at some point where we will get more updates.

Raw

Follow stock trackers on twitter, they're usually on the ball. I got lucky and saw Argos trending because they were doing collection only on PS5s (Ratchet + Clank bundle). Ordered it around lunch time and picked it up at 4. Couldn't believe how easy it was :lol:

ThierryHenry

Follow stock trackers on twitter, they're usually on the ball. I got lucky and saw Argos trending because they were doing collection only on PS5s (Ratchet + Clank bundle). Ordered it around lunch time and picked it up at 4. Couldn't believe how easy it was :lol:
Cheers mate - fingers crossed!

b82REZ

Cheers mate - fingers crossed!
I know it's not ideal, but I've seen a few in various CEX stores. They're listed at £750 which is well over RRP, but if you were considering the scalper route you'd pay more than that anyway.

It's going to be well into next year before PS5 are widely available.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
As I read the tales of woe from those poor folk unable to buy a PS5, I glance to my left and look lovingly at my launch day PS5, sat there with it's soft yellow glow, just waiting for me to press the button...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ace when I sold my PS4 the buyer asked if I would include RDR2 for £30 because they couldn’t be arsed to wait a day to play it and I kinda regretted it.

ThierryHenry

It's arrived!

Will it load my saved game data from a PS4 game I have running (Miles Morales), or do I need to finish that on the PS4?

Bosws87

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...s-thursday-for-an-extended-look-at-deathloop/

We’ve seen Cole’s head-spinning powers in action before, but this Thursday we’ll get a nine-minute look at Deathloop’s time-twisted world as part of a new State of Play. The show kicks off at 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern / 11pm CEST, viewable on Twitch or YouTube.

In this extended gameplay sequence, we’ll see Cole use his abilities to stealthily skulk across rooftops… or go in guns blazing to create a whole lot of mayhem. Lots of options available on Blackreef Island.

In addition to this long look at Bethesda’s violent adventure, we’ll have updates on some exciting indie and third-party titles. The full show clocks in around 30 minutes.

This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we’ll have more updates soon.
New State of play Thursday.

Bosws87

Zero interest in deathloop so I’ll give this one a miss
Never played the dishonored series, have played prey (which was hyped a lot back in the day)

I'll definitely check it out if it reviews well, its not like there is games coming out everywhere currently on any platform so will take what i can get.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Never played the dishonored series, have played prey (which was hyped a lot back in the day)

I'll definitely check it out if it reviews well, its not like there is games coming out everywhere currently on any platform so will take what i can get.
I preferred Dishonored to Prey. Prey was/is overhyped and very underwhelming for me and that's probably my favourite genre.

Tiber

They have been hyping up deathloop since the ps5 announcement but I still don't care about it

Bosws87

Not sure if anyone still plays it, but warzone finally has a 120fps mode on PS5.

Tiber

Currently in stock on Amazon. Managed to put one of each in my cart with no problems.

I already have one so not getting either, but might interest some

Bosws87

ps5 is probably what's holding us back from getting an fov slider
Looking at the state of cheating and hacked lobbies (can't believe there back like the glory JTAG xbox days of MW2)

I don't think they are that interested in fixing anything :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looking at the state of cheating and hacked lobbies (can't believe there back like the glory JTAG xbox days of MW2)

I don't think they are that interested in fixing anything :lol:
Very true. It's mad really, considering just how much money they have. They could do so much more, in all aspects, not just that.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Mine got delivered today with Ratchet and Clank, hope it's as good as the last one.

Also does anyone know if LOU2 got an update for the PS5? Bought it ages ago but thought I would wait until I got the PS5 to play it.