Gaming PlayStation 5

Bosws87

Mine got delivered today with Ratchet and Clank, hope it's as good as the last one.

Also does anyone know if LOU2 got an update for the PS5? Bought it ages ago but thought I would wait until I got the PS5 to play it.
Got a patch the other week didnt it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Mine got delivered today with Ratchet and Clank, hope it's as good as the last one.

Also does anyone know if LOU2 got an update for the PS5? Bought it ages ago but thought I would wait until I got the PS5 to play it.
It's incredibly good. Everything will feel dated compared to it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Enjoy!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Congrats! Try to play Astro first.

For fecks sake, was supposed to be on break at 9, but delayed to 10 cos of work bullshit. Even more raging now.
:( I've never seen them available for so long - think they had it so they were prioritised to Prime members to reduce scalpers. I'm sure you'll get one soon, but yeah, around 9am is the most likely time they'll be available.

Shark

@NotShark

Also does anyone know if LOU2 got an update for the PS5
? Bought it ages ago but thought I would wait until I got the PS5 to play it.
Only 60fps. Nothing else changed.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I'm going through RE VIII first - which is great, and much scarier than I'd assumed from reading thoughts on here. I've just left the Castle, so think I still have a while to go.

What should I play next - Ratchet & Clank or LOU2?
What's Astro? Do I need VR to play it properly?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'm going through RE VIII first - which is great, and much scarier than I'd assumed from reading thoughts on here. I've just left the Castle, so think I still have a while to go.

What should I play next - Ratchet & Clank or LOU2?

What's Astro? Do I need VR to play it properly?
Comes with the console and no! Astros play room is the full name, it is basically a small game designed to utilise the controller, it feels really next gen when you first play it so really recommend.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Comes with the console and no! Astros play room is the full name, it is basically a small game designed to utilise the controller, it feels really next gen when you first play it so really recommend.
Nice - I recognise the image but missed that there was a free game in there. Cheers!

Reiver

Agree with the praise for Astro's Playroom. Great nostalgia spotting all the history of Playstation for me, and my boy thoroughly enjoyed playing it too.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

:( I've never seen them available for so long - think they had it so they were prioritised to Prime members to reduce scalpers. I'm sure you'll get one soon, but yeah, around 9am is the most likely time they'll be available.
Cheers Damo, really like astro but then I thought I would try ratchet and clank and I couldn't put the controller down.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Did you guys get the digital or normal edition?
Normal for me. Going down fighting on the sinking ship of hard copy games. Once we’re all on digital and there’s zero 2nd hand market, we’re slaves to the spiralling cost of games. Inevitable though.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Normal. The digital feels like it's missing something... I wonder what it is?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I got the normal one and then have proceeded to buy no games on disk just as I did the previous gen. To be fair I do have RDR2 on disk so that’s the only exception but mostly feel I could easily have gone digital and not missed it a bit.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I got the normal one and then have proceeded to buy no games on disk just as I did the previous gen. To be fair I do have RDR2 on disk so that’s the only exception but mostly feel I could easily have gone digital and not missed it a bit.
Same but I’d feel inferior without the disc drive :( (That said I did use it to play Alien3 and Alien Resurrection the other month).

TrustInJanuzaj

I have to say A Plague Tale: Innocence is brilliant. I didn’t think it would be my kind of game truth be told but it’s a great story told really well and looks good on the PS5. I’m just in the process now of going back through each of the chapters and cleaning up the collectibles to see if I can platinum it and the PS5 cards have really come into their own. I can just quickly watch a clip to see where you find it (similar to Astros) and it works perfectly.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have to say A Plague Tale: Innocence is brilliant. I didn’t think it would be my kind of game truth be told but it’s a great story told really well and looks good on the PS5. I’m just in the process now of going back through each of the chapters and cleaning up the collectibles to see if I can platinum it and the PS5 cards have really come into their own. I can just quickly watch a clip to see where you find it (similar to Astros) and it works perfectly.
Couldn't get into it myself. I really struggle with games that are so 'on rails' these days.

The whole 'throw a stone and the guard goes "Huh?" and walks away' is so old and tired. Also when those guards are in the castle and you're meant to be sneaking past them but it's just a pre-set route with zero chance of being spotted. You can even go right up behind some of them for as long as you want and they never turn around.

Raw

Yeah I was surprised at how good it was, I loved the rat physics :lol:. Pretty easy platinum too.

Heard good things about it but before it came on PS+ I had never even heard of it.

TrustInJanuzaj

Couldn't get into it myself. I really struggle with games that are so 'on rails' these days.

The whole 'throw a stone and the guard goes "Huh?" and walks away' is so old and tired. Also when those guards are in the castle and you're meant to be sneaking past them but it's just a pre-set route with zero chance of being spotted. You can even go right up behind some of them for as long as you want and they never turn around.
Yeh agreed, on the whole, I'm not a fan of stealth games especially when they are so linear, but I do really like the setting of this one and the story itself kept me interested in playing. I think the game does a decent job of trying not to rely too heavily on its systems, one moment it's sneaking past guards, then manipulating the rats and the followers you bring each have unique skills too. At the end of the game, you feel freer as there are far more tools in your arsenal at that stage.

TrustInJanuzaj

Yeah I was surprised at how good it was, I loved the rat physics :lol:. Pretty easy platinum too.

Heard good things about it but before it came on PS+ I had never even heard of it.
Hoping I can manage it, its a bit of a chore having to repeat every level but I think I'll give it a good go because I don't have that many more to get through. The rats are genuinely grim in this game haha.

Minkaro

Hoping I can manage it, its a bit of a chore having to repeat every level but I think I'll give it a good go because I don't have that many more to get through. The rats are genuinely grim in this game haha.
I’m not looking forward to that bit. I know there’s one where I missed the collectible right at the end, which is really annoying.

Raw

I’m not looking forward to that bit. I know there’s one where I missed the collectible right at the end, which is really annoying.
On the plus side, once you get the collectable you can just quit the chapter as it saves as soon as you pick it up. No need to play through the whole chapter again.

TrustInJanuzaj

On the plus side, once you get the collectable you can just quit the chapter as it saves as soon as you pick it up. No need to play through the whole chapter again.
That's true, the slight annoyance is I didn't quite get to upgrade my sling all the way so Ill have to try to pick up some bits in the last few chapters to upgrade that fully and get that trophy too.

TrustInJanuzaj

Yeh its not so bad repeating the first few chapters but the latter ones are quite long and have loads of guards and sneaking etc.

RedDevilRoshi

Did you guys get the digital or normal edition?
I’ve got the normal version. I still use discs even though I’ve got a couple of games downloaded digitally on the console already that I’ve still to play.

I tend to trade in disc games when I finish them. Build up store credit and get money off new titles that I want. Easy tactic to save money. Already accumulated £157 on the Game Wallet solely through trade-ins.

AaronRedDevil

Amy game that's for multiplayer I buy digital. Like Battlefield, COD and maybe aliens Fire team when that comes out. So that I can easily jump to a new game without having to get off my couch. But I mostly buy single player games on disc.

TrustInJanuzaj

Got my 6th Platinum on A Plague Tale: Innocence good game, fairly easy platinum. Abit of a grind going back through the levels but rest not so bad. Also it’s amazing how quickly you can plow through the levels when you skip cutscenes and just rush through. Some took me like an hour before and I got through them in about 10 minutes second time around. Overall a solid 7/10 experience and another platinum finally!

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Just got my Ps5. The internet connection is shockingly slow. It works fine on my PS4 and I don't really know what to do about it.

paulscholes18

Just got my Ps5. The internet connection is shockingly slow. It works fine on my PS4 and I don't really know what to do about it.
Have you tried resetting your router? Need to factory reset mine at least once a month as I have the same issue

Gehrman

Have you tried resetting your router? Need to factory reset mine at least once a month as I have the same issue
Yeah, I tried that didn't make a difference. Havn't been able to find a guide that sorts it out for me. The network speed is high on my PS4, so it's a problem with the Ps5 at the end of the day.

Ainu

Wifi, but it's not much better when it's wired.
That is definitely weird, wired should be pretty much flawless. It almost has to be a faulty unit in that case. If it was just wifi, I would suggest switching to 2.4 GHz in the PS5 settings and seeing if that does anything.

Gehrman

That is definitely weird, wired should be pretty much flawless. It almost has to be a faulty unit in that case. If it was just wifi, I would suggest switching to 2.4 GHz in the PS5 settings and seeing if that does anything.
It already is on 2.4 ghz, i get an error if i switch to 5ghz. Yeah it sucks if its an error in the hardware because there arent really Sony shops here in this country and ive been waiting for this 9 months after i pre-ordered.