Gaming PlayStation 5

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah that is just a ridiculous size. Still though, I don't see that as an argument against the storage of the PS5 or Series X, but more as an argument against those woefully bloated games. Surely they should be able to do a lot better.
XSX isn't great but PS5 is shockingly bad. Not only does it have 150gb less to start with but for the benefit of playing backwards compatible games you need to keep another 100gb or so free.

It might tell you that you have 150gb left but try to fill it up and you'll probably find it won't let you.

Ainu

XSX isn't great but PS5 is shockingly bad. Not only does it have 150gb less to start with but for the benefit of playing backwards compatible games you need to keep another 100gb or so free.

It might tell you that you have 150gb left but try to fill it up and you'll probably find it won't let you.
I'm not interested in a platform pissing contest with you, your whole world is literally Sony = bad, MS = good. Tedious as feck.

Alock1

I'm not interested in a platform pissing contest with you, your whole world is literally Sony = bad, MS = good. Tedious as feck.
I literally just said in that post the XSX isn't great. You're the one trying to take what should be a reasoned discussion into the gutter.

My point is that unlike you I do think the memory situation is a problem, but particularly on PS5. By comparison to the competition (which already has poor memory) the PS5 situation really sucks for the reasons stated - only 850gb to start with, and some ridiculous situation that means playing ps4 games requires a further 100gb on top of their memory.

If you don't have a reasonable argument, just say that.

I've got a PS5 and filled it quickly, and came here to complain a few months back when I found out I couldn't use my last 100gb. I'm still surprised more isn't made of it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ps5 games take up less memory due to compression technology.

If you want to fill up your console with ps4 games buy a cheap 2TB HDD and plug it in. Solves all your problems.

Alock1

Ps5 games take up less memory due to compression technology.

If you want to fill up your console with ps4 games buy a cheap 2TB HDD and plug it in. Solves all your problems.
You don't benefit from the quicker loading times which is a big reason for playing them on the console, nor do you benefit from unlocked frames or improved res (where dynamic). Plus, that solution doesn't apply to games that have had next gen upgrades.

You can do cold storage (for ps4 only) which works but not exactly an ideal solution if you just want to switch games and boot up at a moments notice, which is very much me.

I'll be buying memory cards for both consoles down the line but right now the two together would set me back the price of a console.

Alock1

Filling the ps5 memory is easy because there is so much to play.
Sure. Guess it's a good problem to have in a way..

I want all the ps+ collection ready to go so I can boot up on impulse and it annoys me that I can't.

Kaos

Any of those games worth playing?
Nier is very, very good. One of the more memorable games I've played over the last gen. Undertale is also a classic, but you can buy that dirt cheap on pretty much any platform, its a cult game with a very basic retro aesthetic.

Residents Evil Village
Bought it today played a few hours, not played any RE games before. Really like it so far, much more enthralling and engaging then the other game I’ve been playing Hitman 3, only complaint thus far is too many cut scenes in the game play to progress the plot or direct you etc, but a necessary evil I suppose.

Until Far Cry 6 comes out I’ll stick to this and HM3, obviously FIFA 22 when that comes out soon.

Alock1

Residents Evil Village
Bought it today played a few hours, not played any RE games before. Really like it so far, much more enthralling and engaging then the other game I’ve been playing Hitman 3, only complaint thus far is too many cut scenes in the game play to progress the plot or direct you etc, but a necessary evil I suppose.

Until Far Cry 6 comes out I’ll stick to this and HM3, obviously FIFA 22 when that comes out soon.
What do you think of the graphics?

Berbasbullet

You don't benefit from the quicker loading times which is a big reason for playing them on the console, nor do you benefit from unlocked frames or improved res (where dynamic). Plus, that solution doesn't apply to games that have had next gen upgrades.

You can do cold storage (for ps4 only) which works but not exactly an ideal solution if you just want to switch games and boot up at a moments notice, which is very much me.

I'll be buying memory cards for both consoles down the line but right now the two together would set me back the price of a console.
Yeah of course, like you said I go the cold storage route, not like it takes it long to transfer across to the consoles storage.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nier is very, very good. One of the more memorable games I've played over the last gen. Undertale is also a classic, but you can buy that dirt cheap on pretty much any platform, its a cult game with a very basic retro aesthetic.
What kind of game is it?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Nier was one of those games I was really enjoying but suddenly stopped playing. Need to get back to it. Problem is once I’ve been away from a game for a while I feel compelled to start over.

Also it has one of the best soundtracks of any game

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Sure. Guess it's a good problem to have in a way..

I want all the ps+ collection ready to go so I can boot up on impulse and it annoys me that I can't.
It was tongue in cheek for me tbh, just to go with the usual replies in this thread.

I'm actually coming round to storage not being a problem, I play a lot of story driven games so usually just concentrate on one at a time otherwise I'm mashing wrong buttons :lol:

Usually a story game, a sports game or two, and maybe something indie, and a couch coop game, that last couple don't take up much space anyway.

Berbasbullet

It was tongue in cheek for me tbh, just to go with the usual replies in this thread.

I'm actually coming round to storage not being a problem, I play a lot of story driven games so usually just concentrate on one at a time otherwise I'm mashing wrong buttons :lol:

Usually a story game, a sports game or two, and maybe something indie, and a couch coop game, that last couple don't take up much space anyway.
For sure, what psycho is switching between multiple TB’s worth of games? :lol:

Alock1

For sure, what psycho is switching between multiple TB’s worth of games? :lol:
Me! And on multiple consoles. I do the same with TV, books (audiobooks, I can't read) too.

The space adds up quickly if you play multiplayer games that it would be fair to just dive on depending on who is online, mind.

Halo 5 95gb, Halo MCC 120gb, Flight Sim 100gb, Gears 5 95gb, Forza Horizon 4 85gb, Fifa 50gb, Cod MW + Warzone + Cold War about 400gb.

Berbasbullet

Me! And on multiple consoles. I do the same with TV, books (audiobooks, I can't read) too.

The space adds up quickly if you play multiplayer games that it would be fair to just dive on depending on who is online, mind.

Halo 5 95gb, Halo MCC 120gb, Flight Sim 100gb, Gears 5 95gb, Forza Horizon 4 85gb, Fifa 50gb, Cod MW + Warzone + Cold War about 400gb.
Call of duty is the worst :lol:

To be fair that is less than a TB you’ve listed there.

Alock1

Call of duty is the worst :lol:

To be fair that is less than a TB you’ve listed there.
Kin ell do you want me to get my library up and list everything? :lol: Just an example to show how quick the space can start to disappear just from playing a handful of games with various different mates.

You couldn't have all those games installed on Xbox or PS5 without extra storage, and that doesn't include single player story games, which naturally you are less likely to need to swap between and typically are smaller anyway (though not always, ff7 remake is like 115gb for some reason)

Godfather

It's become a fecking joke. You have to press F5 every 10 mins of every day to get the chance to buy one here it seems...

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I bought Frostpunk the other day as it was on offer on the online store. The game is difficult!

Not sure if anyone has played it here, but it's a strategy/city-building survival game where you are in charge of a small group of survivors in an alternate history, late 19th-century post-apocalyptic world. The earth has basically frozen over and you need to collect resources to keep this huge generator going and then build out the city from there, while also managing the politics of it all.

It's very intense and there never seems to be a point at which everything is going well. You have to juggle your resources and make sure there's enough food/heat/housing/medical bays, etc., so people aren't dropping dead around you. You have to put people to work and you can force them to do 24-hour shifts but then that will increase discontent while also making it more likely that people will die. BUT, you will pull in more resources. As I said, it's intense!

But it's also a very addicting game that's easy to come back to. If you like that sort of thing I would recommend it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
More to the point does anyone care? Wake us up when they show us something.
Fair point :lol: it would be great though...

It's a wild story. If Kojima or Silent Hill really has nothing to do with it, then there's going to be a lot of pissed-off people! It's so bizarre.
People are getting carried away, pissed off might be an understatement...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Do any of you believe the blue box studios shit?
Nope. Just the SH/Kojima stan crowd seeing stuff that isn't there. The developer is clearly a fan of SH/Kojima which is where some of the tenuous theories have grown from, and the developer has used that to try and generate a bit more attention to their game which has just made it go even more out of control, but end of the day it is just an indie game.