Gaming PlayStation 5

LoneStar

In my PS5, I can see 2 versions of Fifa 21 - PS4 and PS5. Wierdly, looking at the last accessed date, I seem to be playing the PS4 version. Is it safe to delete this? I don't want my career mode saves to be deleted by any chance.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So are these likely to be legit?

https://www.gamecards.net/product/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-ps5/
https://www.gamecards.net/product/hitman-3-ps4-ps5/

I notice they are still £49.99 and £54.99 on the PS Store.
Scam

1) Digital Playstation Account
This Game is Not a CD or Disc.
We deliver the original game to you via E-mail with a PS4-PS5 account that you can download and play for a lifetime. FAQ.
They're selling accounts - likely ones that have been hacked. Review from someone on reddit:

You kinda get what you pay for...
Purchased a game for PS4 via the gamecars. Little after an hour I received the credentials for a ps4 account which you need to use to download the game. Then you have to make this account your primary account and start to download the game. I dont know the exact effects it has, but I do not feel comfortable having my credit card details on the same device with an account, thats neither mine nor my primary account
Once downloaded you are supposed to log out of the account, never log in again, but also you must not delete it. So now you have got some strange, third party ps4 account, as your primary on your console, that you cannot use...
If you make your actual account your primary acocunt, the game wont work anymore...
Asked to get my money back in order to purchase a proper license, no more repsonse from support since.
If you ask me, they are using a loophole distributing same license to many PS4 accounts, thats why you cannot log in to their account, cause you take it from the other users...
Finally they dont offer pay pal, a common practice of shady businesses.

OverratedOpinion

So are these likely to be legit?

https://www.gamecards.net/product/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-ps5/
https://www.gamecards.net/product/hitman-3-ps4-ps5/

I notice they are still £49.99 and £54.99 on the PS Store.
I have used this site twice and both games came through fine.

https://www.buygames.ps/en/ps5-games

They basically send you the sign in info to an account that has that game purchased, I then played both of them on my main account after switching back.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
CDkeys is the only third party website I use. Good for consoles, unbeatable for Steam.

Bosws87

Game sharing well known things loads of sites doing it.

Well against the terms and conditions so on the unlikely chance Sony found out they would ban your hardware/account

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does anyone know of any good survival/strategy games where you can build? Perhaps a zombie one or something apocalyptic.

I've already played The Forest, Subnautica, The Long Dark (unless it's been updated recently) and Stranded Deep.

Doesn't matter if it's indie style.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Does anyone know of any good survival/strategy games where you can build? Perhaps a zombie one or something apocalyptic.

I've already played The Forest, Subnautica, The Long Dark (unless it's been updated recently) and Stranded Deep.

Rust seems to be a similar type of thing you're asking for - not played it though just seen bits and bobs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rust seems to be a similar type of thing you're asking for - not played it though just seen bits and bobs.
Isn't that mainly online though? I'm just looking to get lost in a sandbox style game really.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Isn't that mainly online though? I'm just looking to get lost in a sandbox style game really.
Yeah it's online based - but I believe you can play it in 'safe spaces'

ARK: Survival Evolved is another option, but that's not zombie more animal related

Kaos

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is so so good. I loved Yakuza Zero, Kiwami 1 and 2, so wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy the turn-based shift with this one, but it works really well. Essentially plays like a Yakuza themed Persona 5 :D

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is so so good. I loved Yakuza Zero, Kiwami 1 and 2, so wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy the turn-based shift with this one, but it works really well. Essentially plays like a Yakuza themed Persona 5 :D
I enjoyed it for a while but there was a chapter where you had to do a ridiculous amount of grinding to catch up to the enemies levels and then I just stopped. It was also insanely dialogue heavy and slow at times. For me it was a good 1st attempt but needs a hell of a lot more refinement if they go down that route again (which supposedly they will).

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I'm playing a game at the moment called Frostpunk. It's a difficult game, but I'm loving it. It's a survival/strategy game where you're in this post-apocalyptic environment where the world has frozen over. You basically build out from this generator that needs powering through coal. You then build a mini-town by researching new buildings/technologies, signing new laws, making everyone happy while also keeping them alive so you can put them to work in order to expand you're little town/city and prepare for the storm that's coming.

You can send people out on scout missions to find other survivors/supplies. It's not an open-world sandbox game, but it does require a lot of strategy. But it is quite difficult. Time just flies by when I'm playing because there's always something that needs to be done. I'd check out some videos or reviews or something. It's only £9.99 on the PS store at the moment.

Kaos

I enjoyed it for a while but there was a chapter where you had to do a ridiculous amount of grinding to catch up to the enemies levels and then I just stopped. It was also insanely dialogue heavy and slow at times. For me it was a good 1st attempt but needs a hell of a lot more refinement if they go down that route again (which supposedly they will).
There were a few grindy bits but as someone who enjoys RPGs a fair bit it never really bothered me tbh. As a Yakuza game it's still a fantastic package - great story, lots of minigames/side quests/diversions all packed into 100 hours worth of content (for me at least anyway). It looks like they'll be carrying on with the RPG approach for Yakuza while the Judgement games will be using the classic beat em up system.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I'm playing a game at the moment called Frostpunk. It's a difficult game, but I'm loving it. It's a survival/strategy game where you're in this post-apocalyptic environment where the world has frozen over. You basically build out from this generator that needs powering through coal. You then build a mini-town by researching new buildings/technologies, signing new laws, making everyone happy while also keeping them alive so you can put them to work in order to expand you're little town/city and prepare for the storm that's coming.

You can send people out on scout missions to find other survivors/supplies. It's not an open-world sandbox game, but it does require a lot of strategy. But it is quite difficult. Time just flies by when I'm playing because there's always something that needs to be done. I'd check out some videos or reviews or something. It's only £9.99 on the PS store at the moment.
I did see that when I was having a look at options yeah. Cheers. I’ll take a look.

Just in the mood for a base building zombie game at the moment where I have to scavenge for bits and slowly improve or relocate my bases with an end goal in mind. Doesn’t seem to exist apart from The Forest but the base building in that felt too loose for me. Need a bit more structure.

Would be cool to have a zombie sandbox where you could turn buildings into your base. Like take over a supermarket or town hall and change it from the inside.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I did see that when I was having a look at options yeah. Cheers. I’ll take a look.

Just in the mood for a base building zombie game at the moment where I have to scavenge for bits and slowly improve or relocate my bases with an end goal in mind. Doesn’t seem to exist apart from The Forest but the base building in that felt too loose for me. Need a bit more structure.

Would be cool to have a zombie sandbox where you could turn buildings into your base. Like take over a supermarket or town hall and change it from the inside.
Do you have a capable PC? The State of Decay games sounds exactly what you are looking for.

RonaldoVII

I ordered the console from Amazon on Monday and wasn't in for the delivery on Tuesday evening. I expected redelivery yesterday or today but the tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday evening :rolleyes: Annoying as I could've had it from Argos or BT and been more confident of receiving it now.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
There were a few grindy bits but as someone who enjoys RPGs a fair bit it never really bothered me tbh. As a Yakuza game it's still a fantastic package - great story, lots of minigames/side quests/diversions all packed into 100 hours worth of content (for me at least anyway). It looks like they'll be carrying on with the RPG approach for Yakuza while the Judgement games will be using the classic beat em up system.
I'm a massive JRPG nerd so dialogue heavy stuff or slow pace never bothers me if it's a great game like Persona 5 but something was just off in this for me. The mini games weren't that fun and the turn based combat itself was quite basic. It was also really annoying the way characters would move around and if you had railings blocking you they'd keep running back and forth over them and stuff, just silly things like that. It also wasn't a challenge in any way, but enemies had loads of health so it was very much just keep mashing them til they're dead with no real danger to you, which is why when it reached the part where I needed to grind loads I gave up.

Oh and the job system was so pointless because of that fact that it just put you back to level 1 any time you switched to a new one!

Balljy

I ordered the console from Amazon on Monday and wasn't in for the delivery on Tuesday evening. I expected redelivery yesterday or today but the tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday evening :rolleyes: Annoying as I could've had it from Argos or BT and been more confident of receiving it now.
I'd definitely contact them :( . I ordered yesterday morning and mine's arriving today so they should have sent yours by now.

On the bright side you'll probably get some credit on your account after they've sorted it.

RonaldoVII

I'd definitely contact them :( . I ordered yesterday morning and mine's arrived today so they should have sent yours by now.

On the bright side you'll probably get some credit on your account after they've sorted it.
It was my own fault for being out when it was delivered on Tuesday but the guy phoned me and said they'd try again tomorrow but nothing since! Yesterday live chat said I'd get it today but I'm so impatient now and expecting tracking to update at least!

Balljy

It was my own fault for being out when it was delivered on Tuesday but the guy phoned me and said they'd try again tomorrow but nothing since! Yesterday live chat said I'd get it today but I'm so impatient now and expecting tracking to update at least!
Tracking can be a bit weird on re-deliveries, so it may still just arrive without it being tracked through. I'd contact live chat again later on to push it and if nothing else get them to give you a £10 voucher for the inconvenience.

RonaldoVII

Tracking can be a bit weird on re-deliveries, so it may still just arrive without it being tracked through. I'd contact live chat again later on to push it and if nothing else get them to give you a £10 voucher for the inconvenience.
Alright nice one. I'll stop refreshing the tracking page every 2 minutes then :nervous:

Balljy

Nothing like No Man's Sky. It's a factory building game.
It's so good. I'm nowhere near getting to building a Dyson Sphere but the scale of linking the systems together for resources is just ridiculous.

I can't believe it's still in alpha as well. Supposedly they're adding loads of stuff in the future.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
It's so good. I'm nowhere near getting to building a Dyson Sphere but the scale of linking the systems together for resources is just ridiculous.

I can't believe it's still in alpha as well. Supposedly they're adding loads of stuff in the future.
I pumped 140 hours into it when it first came out and got a sphere built, nothing really left to do after that. Looks like they've been adding lots since and have big plans so I'll definitely be going back to it in a year or so.

AaronRedDevil

In my PS5, I can see 2 versions of Fifa 21 - PS4 and PS5. Wierdly, looking at the last accessed date, I seem to be playing the PS4 version. Is it safe to delete this? I don't want my career mode saves to be deleted by any chance.
Whichever you main fifa was, keep it. Because if you delete one, it doesn't carry over. You have to restart from the beginning. It's not worth jumping over anyway for this one. Losing all that progress.

LoneStar

Whichever you main fifa was, keep it. Because if you delete one, it doesn't carry over. You have to restart from the beginning. It's not worth jumping over anyway for this one. Losing all that progress.
Thanks! That's a shitty implementation from Sony though. Not sure why they did that.

Is there any Fifa 21 update for PS5 anyway? Knowing EA, they probably expect people to buy the 2022 one for new features.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Do you have a capable PC? The State of Decay games sounds exactly what you are looking for.
My specs say:

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz

8GB RAM

and looks like AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics? Is that good?

AaronRedDevil

Thanks! That's a shitty implementation from Sony though. Not sure why they did that.

Is there any Fifa 21 update for PS5 anyway? Knowing EA, they probably expect people to buy the 2022 one for new features.
Yeah I think the update is free. That’s the most surprising. Kinda regret delete my PS4 one. Considering how long it took to upgrade my pro for Clubs. But only the ultimate team carries over. Because of course it does.