Gaming PlayStation 5

Red_toad

So got the console, completed Resi Village numerous times, didn't like Metro Exodus, nor Watch Dogs legion. Anyone care to recommend a decent game that's currently available?

Bosws87

So got the console, completed Resi Village numerous times, didn't like Metro Exodus, nor Watch Dogs legion. Anyone care to recommend a decent game that's currently available?
Demons Souls is the best game available but it depends if you like that style.

Ainu

3rd person shooter, 1st person shooter, just about anything with zombies, GTA style games.
Returnal is a good shout. It plays like a third person shooter and is possibly the best game available, in my opinion. It's also a roguelike and a bullet hell game, so make sure you know what you're getting into. If you haven't played it on PS4 yet, perhaps Days Gone? Lots of zombies in that game.

Red_toad

Returnal is a good shout. It plays like a third person shooter and is possibly the best game available, in my opinion. It's also a roguelike and a bullet hell game, so make sure you know what you're getting into. If you haven't played it on PS4 yet, perhaps Days Gone? Lots of zombies in that game.
Yeah days gone was epic, wasted weeks of my life :lol:
Shall have a youtube of Returnal and see if it looks worth the purchase price.

Anyone got any feedback on COD Cold War?

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Maybe have a look at Rage 2. It’s a fairly simple game but has excellent gameplay/gunplay. Kind of a weird mad max vibe on the whole. I found it pretty enjoyable largely because the gameplay is so fast and dynamic. I reckon if you like Days Gone (like I did) Rage 2 is a good option. Also it’s available on PS Now for £8.99(?) a month subscription so you could potentially just get that and download it for a month or two. Keep us updated on what you decide!

ovoxo

Cold War was decent but it’s got stale. Me and my friends have jumped onto Apex now instead which is loads better.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've just started ACV.

I know it's only a PS5 upgrade but it looks so nice.

I'm ready for the long haul!
Very very long haul btw.

Has some absolutely pathetic segments which ruin the flow of the game too.

Combat is pretty turd too. Definitely not as fun as the original AC series.

Widow

Very very long haul btw.

Has some absolutely pathetic segments which ruin the flow of the game too.

Combat is pretty turd too. Definitely not as fun as the original AC series.
I've been told to expect a drawn-out process but I like the long games. As for the other points, I've also been warned about these too. As a fan of the series, I still have to play it though, even if I don't like it in the end.

The first thing I've noticed is the movement. I feel like it's a chore just getting the bloke to stop where I want him to. That and the change to eagle (Odin) sight makes looking for loot a chore.

Still, I'm very early in the game and I'll see how it pans out.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've been told to expect a drawn-out process but I like the long games. As for the other points, I've also been warned about these too. As a fan of the series, I still have to play it though, even if I don't like it in the end.

The first thing I've noticed is the movement. I feel like it's a chore just getting the bloke to stop where I want him to. That and the change to eagle (Odin) sight makes looking for loot a chore.

Still, I'm very early in the game and I'll see how it pans out.
I've moaned like a bitch about it in this very thread I think, hated it.

I'm still going to complete it as it's that smooth and great to look at, and it does get a bit better tbh, story seems to get better as you progress too.

Tip: if you bump into a zealot early on, run.

Widow

I've moaned like a bitch about it in this very thread I think, hated it.

I'm still going to complete it as it's that smooth and great to look at, and it does get a bit better tbh, story seems to get better as you progress too.
It does look good!

Tip: if you bump into a zealot early on, run.
Ha! Thanks for the tip!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can’t get into games like returnal. When there’s just hundreds of bullets and lasers and shit flying everywhere and it’s usually dark and there’s like 19 enemies it just feels way too chaotic for me.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Can’t get into games like returnal. When there’s just hundreds of bullets and lasers and shit flying everywhere and it’s usually dark and there’s like 19 enemies it just feels way too chaotic for me.
I'm with you there, my brain doesn't work fast enough for that shit, it's why I don't play online, always about 3 seconds behind everyone else somehow.

I really like the games where you can play at your own pace and pick things off one by one, but dislike games that force you to do it that way too, I like a mixed bag so I can choose what to do depending on enemies.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Like I said Solius, you have no soul...

Resident Evil Village

Finished this the other night. Overall a very good experience. The main bosses all ended up being a bit too easy to defeat, or defeating with weapons and no problem solving felt anti climatic. I thought there’d be an eminent of puzzle solving to defeat the main bosses, due to how a few sub bosses are defeated.

The village is great to explore not overwhelming or tiresome like open world games, but not a complete sand box either so the perfect balance.

Currently no online multiplayer which is my biggest annoyance.

AaronRedDevil

While waiting for Far Cry 6, I’m thinking about Yakuza Like a Dragon. Anyone played it?
Yes it's fecking brilliant. Was worried about turn based combat killing the gameplay but it was actually really fun after a while. Great story too. I even platinumed it. Since I never platinum a Yakuza game. It was hell :lol:

Yes it's fecking brilliant. Was worried about turn based combat killing the gameplay but it was actually really fun after a while. Great story too. I even platinumed it. Since I never platinum a Yakuza game. It was hell :lol:
I’ll probably go with it until FC6 comes out, also Dying Light 2 seems interesting will what the word is on that when it comes out.

JohnZSmith27

I’ll probably go with it until FC6 comes out, also Dying Light 2 seems interesting will what the word is on that when it comes out.
Dying Light 2 is due out in December. Hopefully there's no delays. I was worried that game was dead in the water. Loved the first one. So impressive to make parkour feel so fluid in a first-person game.