Gaming PlayStation 5

What do you think of the graphics?
Very atmospheric, some of the monsters and villains are a bit disappointing esp Tall Vampire Lady, found her 3 daughters more of a scary turn on. Although I’m not playing on a 4K, looking to get an 4K Oled or Qled very soon so will no doubt see a very big difference.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Nope. Just the SH/Kojima stan crowd seeing stuff that isn't there. The developer is clearly a fan of SH/Kojima which is where some of the tenuous theories have grown from, and the developer has used that to try and generate a bit more attention to their game which has just made it go even more out of control, but end of the day it is just an indie game.
Think that's a bit harsh, to be honest. Whatever this turns out to be, they've leaned in HARD on the Kojima/Silent Hill aspect of it all to the point where it's gone out of control. I feel sorry for them (to a certain extent) because if this does turn out to be just some indie game that has nothing to do with Kojima, etc., they're going to be in for some shit!

I mean, even this image here. I know it's a stock image, but come on. They know what they're doing.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Think that's a bit harsh, to be honest. Whatever this turns out to be, they've leaned in HARD on the Kojima/Silent Hill aspect of it all to the point where it's gone out of control.
Yes, I covered that bit in the next sentence:

which is where some of the tenuous theories have grown from, and the developer has used that to try and generate a bit more attention to their game which has just made it go even more out of control,
They've said numerous times they have nothing to do with Konami, Kojima or Silent Hill, including having this tweet pinned on their twitter page:

People have since still been coming up with theories so the developer has used that to generate more attention with the tweet you posted and more.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yes, I covered that bit in the next sentence:

They've said numerous times they have nothing to do with Konami, Kojima or Silent Hill, including having this tweet pinned on their twitter page:

People have since still been coming up with theories so the developer has used that to generate more attention with the tweet you posted and more.
Yeah I know, I was disagreeing with you saying that there's nothing there. You don't have to be a conspiracy nut to look at some of that stuff and think there MAY be something there. Whatever the case may be, I think it's a big mistake from them. The whole thing is bizarre.

Raw

Any tips on how to get one of these consoles? Or just follow the stock accounts on twitter and have notifications on to get lucky?
Pretty much. They predict when stock drops so at least you can prepare for the day when it becomes available.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Regarding the backwards compatability thing, I already had a 1tb ssd (bought for £85 in a sale) and was using it on my ps4 and simply plugged it into ps5 to bring my ps4 library with me. I've got loads of games on there including about half the ps plus collection and still have about 350gb space.

On ps5 I have destiny 2, fortnite, avengers, outriders, tribes of midgard, chaos bane, astro, borderlands 3 with all DLC and subnautica leaving about 260 or more gb still free.

Wal2Fra

Thanks @Dave_MUFC & @afrocentricity for the T150 wheel recommendation. Had my first run at it yesterday and it makes such a difference to the feel of a racing game compared to the control. Easy to use and controls well.

Spent some time doing time trails to get used to the wheel and the game so not dived into a race just yet as it would result in move of a bumper cars than motorsport…

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Thanks @Dave_MUFC & @afrocentricity for the T150 wheel recommendation. Had my first run at it yesterday and it makes such a difference to the feel of a racing game compared to the control. Easy to use and controls well.

Spent some time doing time trails to get used to the wheel and the game so not dived into a race just yet as it would result in move of a bumper cars than motorsport…
You'll never go back.

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.
Having bought the PS5 about two weeks ago I have to say I'm not a fan of the controller. It's been causing some discomfort in my wrists despite my playing sessions lasting no more than one hour at a time. It's especially noticeable when using the L&R 1+2 buttons. With the slighty smaller PS4 controller I never experienced this issue even after hours of continious playing. That thing fit perfectly into my hands. Apparantly you can use the PS4 controller on the 5, but only for the PS4 games.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Having bought the PS5 about two weeks ago I have to say I'm not a fan of the controller. It's been causing some discomfort in my wrists despite my playing sessions lasting no more than one hour at a time. It's especially noticeable when using the L&R 1+2 buttons. With the slighty smaller PS4 controller I never experienced this issue even after hours of continious playing. That thing fit perfectly into my hands. Apparantly you can use the PS4 controller on the 5, but only for the PS4 games.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think you're the only person I've heard say that. It's the most comfortable PS controller yet, for me.

Leg-End

No offense intended, but do you have small hands?

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.
No offense intended, but do you have small hands?
Just measured it, from the lowest part of my palm to the tip of my middle finger it's 19cm. It's not a big enough problem to prevent me from playing games occasionally as I have been doing for years, but just a difference I've noticed between this model and the previous versions

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just measured it, from the lowest part of my palm to the tip of my middle finger it's 19cm. It's not a big enough problem to prevent me from playing games occasionally as I have been doing for years, but just a difference I've noticed between this model and the previous versions
Are you Jeremy Beadle?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just measured mine and it's just over 20cm so yeah not sure why you're struggling.

JB7

Stupid question but if I buy the PS5 Digital am I locked into only buying games from the PS Store? Or can I buy from the online code sites like CDKeys/GameCards etc?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Stupid question but if I buy the PS5 Digital am I locked into only buying games from the PS Store? Or can I buy from the online code sites like CDKeys/GameCards etc?
You can buy codes from third party websites. Though I’d highly recommend buying a disc version. PS5 has a very good uhd Blu ray player — better than Xbox’s. Though it doesn’t support Dolby Vision which is a bit of a shame but a comparable uhd player will set you back about £200 quid.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I got the physical one (couldn’t get my hands on the digital) but I regularly buy CD codes to save money. Personally I only by digital games these days so if you are the same then I’d do that. I have basically thrown away an extra £100 really.

JB7

You can buy codes from third party websites. Though I’d highly recommend buying a disc version. PS5 has a very good uhd Blu ray player — better than Xbox’s. Though it doesn’t support Dolby Vision which is a bit of a shame but a comparable uhd player will set you back about £200 quid.

Tbh I practically never use physical media anymore since I got rid of my PS4 so as good as that sounds I don’t think it’s worth the extra £80 for me. I was just more concerned about being locked into £70 or £80 a game tbh :lol:
I got the physical one (couldn’t get my hands on the digital) but I regularly buy CD codes to save money. Personally I only by digital games these days so if you are the same then I’d do that. I have basically thrown away an extra £100 really.
Are the codes cheaper then? Sorry to be asking dummy questions whenever I look online it directs me to PS Store but things like CDKeys & GameCard work? Any other sites to check out? Thank you.

Paxi

Tbh I practically never use physical media anymore since I got rid of my PS4 so as good as that sounds I don’t think it’s worth the extra £80 for me. I was just more concerned about being locked into £70 or £80 a game tbh :lol:

Are the codes cheaper then? Sorry to be asking dummy questions whenever I look online it directs me to PS Store but things like CDKeys & GameCard work? Any other sites to check out? Thank you.
I think some are cheaper. You can find decent deals on for sure. But then again, there are decent deals on the PS store all year round - as I’m sure you’re aware.

It’s up to yourself, of course but I like having that option, of having a disc. Although I haven’t bought a disc game in over 4 years.

JB7

I think some are cheaper. You can find decent deals on for sure. But then again, there are decent deals on the PS store all year round - as I’m sure you’re aware.

It’s up to yourself, of course but I like having that option, of having a disc. Although I haven’t bought a disc game in over 4 years.
I think that last paragraph pretty much sums up where I’m at :lol: Its nice to have the option even if I won’t use it.

Paxi

I think that last paragraph pretty much sums up where I’m at :lol: Its nice to have the option even if I won’t use it.
I would get whichever one is available. Let’s be real, we’re not exactly picking and choosing. I’ve got the disc one and I’m very happy with it though. Although I haven’t touched it in weeks. Will get back into to it with Tsushima.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Yeh I tend to go on the digital store of CD Keys and then you can buy wallet funds for less than normal. It’s not a massive saving but worth it over time. The PS store do have regular sales too where you can get some really cheap games. I honestly think it’s overstated the difference between digital and physical prices.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
UI is pure fecking muck. Where is the continuity? keep the the things relatively the same whilst having an pie 4.0 no fecking questions asked. Instead im having to jiggle my fecking way in an out of random fecking apps that I don't technically own. You guys are fecking sad for letting this type of shit slide. Imagine paying 600 quid like I did and letting some fecking app suggest to you what to do. So happy I have my 3080.
I would get whichever one is available. Let’s be real, we’re not exactly picking and choosing. I’ve got the disc one and I’m very happy with it though. Although I haven’t touched it in weeks. Will get back into to it with Tsushima.