Gaming PlayStation 5

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Agreed, i don’t mind the 10 pound otherwise people would just buy the PS4 version instead (or worse, they’d charge 70 for PS4 version).
Yeah, that's once or twice this year now they've backtracked on things they said. Again, that's obviously great, but some of them (like this one) you just think why? To be fair, they're not the only company to try and push things and get away with it. Offering it for free, then making it clear that future titles will be met with a £10 upgrade charge I think is fair.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
They need to stop this cross platform bullshit. Where is the incentive to buy a PS5 if all of the top games are still being released on PS4?

Can anyone remember Uncharted being released on PS2? No because it was only a PS3 game.

Balljy

I don't get why I wouldn't just buy the PS4 version of Horizon now to get it £10 cheaper?

Going forward it it makes sense they have clarified that we'll pay the difference which is fine with me.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Ugh, Shopto just had some stock. Got in the queue #3645 or something. Waited like 10-15 minutes and it didn't move at all. Tried to do it on my phone. Instantly in the queue #2646, got to 400 in the queue and sold out. Feck off ShopTo

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
They need to stop this cross platform bullshit. Where is the incentive to buy a PS5 if all of the top games are still being released on PS4?

Can anyone remember Uncharted being released on PS2? No because it was only a PS3 game.
It’s still early gen so you’d expect some games to be released on both platforms. PS5 will be able to take advantage of SSD and Dualsense so will be a better experience. I’m not too sure why people get so upset with a game coming out on both consoles - there are 115m PS4’s out there. Until such time as PS5’s are freely available I don’t think that will change.

Glad Sony have backtracked with HFW, but they’ve lost some consumer trust and goodwill for sure.

padr81

Supports
Man City

There wasn't a shortage of ps3's a year after launch. Why would they cut off the bigger part of their potential sales? If they were doing single console only the ps4 would make more sense.... and that would be downright stupid. Imagine denying 90% of your consumer base to appeal to 10%... 10m PS5 vs 100m PS4...

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah, that's once or twice this year now they've backtracked on things they said. Again, that's obviously great, but some of them (like this one) you just think why? To be fair, they're not the only company to try and push things and get away with it. Offering it for free, then making it clear that future titles will be met with a £10 upgrade charge I think is fair.
Because these decisions are made by people with so much money buying two copies of a game means absolutely nothing to them and they don't understand what it means to Average Joe. For people in the decision making process on these things, they are in a room full of dudes for whom £70 and £160 are both "nothing".

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Because these decisions are made by people with so much money buying two copies of a game means absolutely nothing to them and they don't understand what it means to Average Joe. For people in the decision making process on these things, they are in a room full of dudes for whom £70 and £160 are both "nothing".
Possibly true, although it's probably more to do with them just pushing it and seeing what they can get away with. As I said, they're not the first company to do it, to be fair.

I mean, they're still going to charge for an upgrade moving forward (which I think is fair), so they're still running with that.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It’s still early gen so you’d expect some games to be released on both platforms. PS5 will be able to take advantage of SSD and Dualsense so will be a better experience. I’m not too sure why people get so upset with a game coming out on both consoles - there are 115m PS4’s out there. Until such time as PS5’s are freely available I don’t think that will change.

Glad Sony have backtracked with HFW, but they’ve lost some consumer trust and goodwill for sure.
I totally agree with your points, but my argument is that surely these cross generation games are still being built for PS4 and then fine tuned for PS5 rather than being built specifically for the PS5. I don’t ever remember this being the situation in years gone by during previous console launches.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I totally agree with your points, but my argument is that surely these cross generation games are still being built for PS4 and then fine tuned for PS5 rather than being built specifically for the PS5. I don’t ever remember this being the situation in years gone by during previous console launches.
There have been cross-gen games for a long time and last gen there were a ton. Destiny, Mordor, plenty others too.

I don't get why I wouldn't just buy the PS4 version of Horizon now to get it £10 cheaper?

Going forward it it makes sense they have clarified that we'll pay the difference which is fine with me.
Obviously you would and should buy the £60 PS4 version. That's why every other game has a £10 upgrade path. The only reason they haven't done that with Horizon is because they already communicated that it'd be free a while back.

Ideally they'd just be the same price in the first place and you wouldn't need to pick a version. You just buy the game and the system downloads whichever is the best playable version on the console you have at that moment. If you swap to a better console that is capable of playing a better edition later, it'd download that instead.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The whole cross gen thing 1-2 years into a consoles life cycle is really annoying tbf. I want games made to take full advantage of the hardware.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
September's PS Now games
  • Tekken 7 (until February 28, 2022)
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Windbound
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Definitive Edition
  • Moonlighter
Five Final Fantasy games are also coming to the service
  • Final Fantasy VII (September 7, 2021)
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (October 5, 2021)
  • Final Fantasy IX (November 2, 2021)
  • Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (December 7, 2021)
  • Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (January 4, 2022)

After finishing Residents Evil Village, I downloaded Residents Evil 7 for free from PS plus or whatever…

Really love both games. I’d probably give both an equal 8/10. The best analogy is Terminator 1 and 2. One was great, grittty, raw, more niche, lower budget. 2 was made to suit a wider audience, bigger budget, more action.

Only thing I really couldn’t stand Mia
She’s pretty much to blame for the whole mess

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Does anyone here play Gran Turismo Sport? Or used to play it?

It's on sale at the moment and I was thinking of picking it up as I'm in the mood for a racing game. Just wondered what it was like?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

It's on sale at the moment and I was thinking of picking it up as I'm in the mood for a racing game. Just wondered what it was like?
Think @Rado_N plays it.
I’ve not turned on my PlayStation for bloody ages but yes I used to play it loads.

It’s good but massively pared down from “proper” GT games. A lot of the main event races can be a bit of a grind after a while which is nothing new but there’s some fantastic track challenge events and the arcade section is plenty of fun by itself, as well as online multiplayer.

If it’s on sale I’d go for it, the new one will probably release on PS5 when the PS6 comes out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yeah I've got it.

It's decent, can be a bit frustrating with other drivers who don't take it seriously as it's easy to bump you out of a race.

It's the sort of game you can pick up and play very quickly and not have to no life it. If it's cheap then i'd say it's worth a go as there isn't many other racing games on PS.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yeah I've got it.

It's decent, can be a bit frustrating with other drivers who don't take it seriously as it's easy to bump you out of a race.

It's the sort of game you can pick up and play very quickly and not have to no life it. If it's cheap then i'd say it's worth a go as there isn't many other racing games on PS.
Remind me to bring this up next time Damo makes fun of the 15 Forza games on Xbox

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I’ve not turned on my PlayStation for bloody ages but yes I used to play it loads.

It’s good but massively pared down from “proper” GT games. A lot of the main event races can be a bit of a grind after a while which is nothing new but there’s some fantastic track challenge events and the arcade section is plenty of fun by itself, as well as online multiplayer.

If it’s on sale I’d go for it, the new one will probably release on PS5 when the PS6 comes out.
Cheers.

I used to love GT back in the day but haven't played it in years. I know this is a little different from those games as you highlighted above. I think they made it more of an online racer but then added some single-player elements later on if I'm not mistaken. I'm just looking for something I can pick up and have a few races, and then leave it. This seems like that sort of game. It's only 7.99 on the store. Although I'm probably going to suck when it comes to online.

And they're supposed to be releasing an update for it on Thursday

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah I've got it.

Kind of what I'm looking for, yeah.

And I heard the penalty system can be a bit harsh. But I'm going to suck at online anyway. At this point everyone is just going to be too good.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Cheers.

I used to love GT back in the day but haven't played it in years. I know this is a little different from those games as you highlighted above. I think they made it more of an online racer but then added some single-player elements later on if I'm not mistaken. I'm just looking for something I can pick up and have a few races, and then leave it. This seems like that sort of game. It's only 7.99 on the store. Although I'm probably going to suck when it comes to online.

And they're supposed to be releasing an update for it on Thursday
Bloody hell for that price it’s a bargain!

Adam-Utd

Kind of what I'm looking for, yeah.

And I heard the penalty system can be a bit harsh. But I'm going to suck at online anyway. At this point everyone is just going to be too good.
It's no awful but sometimes you can get bumped and end up hitting somebody else and you get a penalty etc. It can be a little annoying but it's not something game breaking.

They do have a levelling system though so once you behave yourself a few times you get into a different pool where people take it more seriously and don't crash on purpose which is good.

Adam-Utd

Look at @Adam-Utd playing games where he doesn't have to have no life
:lol: I meant compared to other games like world of warcraft, destiny etc where you have to spend a lot of hours grinding. It's pretty much pick up and play especially online.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Just pre ordered Diablo 2 remaster and got Diablo 3 edition thrown in. Just playing through D3 now and remembering how much I loved it. Still brill.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just pre ordered Diablo 2 remaster and got Diablo 3 edition thrown in. Just playing through D3 now and remembering how much I loved it. Still brill.
Yeah, d3 is a solid game imo. Don't know why it gets some of the flak it does.

Diablo II is probably not as fun now as it used to be, but I'll still be giving it another bash :drool:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's no awful but sometimes you can get bumped and end up hitting somebody else and you get a penalty etc. It can be a little annoying but it's not something game breaking.

They do have a levelling system though so once you behave yourself a few times you get into a different pool where people take it more seriously and don't crash on purpose which is good.
What is the single player aspect like? I know at launch it wasn't up to much, but they've added stuff over the years haven't they?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
No way dude. It'll still be an incredible playthrough.
It'll feel a little more hollow than it did back in the day imo, we are used to 7 billion items, 7 billions mini quests etc.

Quality game though, I dunno if I'll get the PC or ps5 version, I'm too lazy and like laying down playing games these days.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Prior to the acquisition, Firesprite had been recruiting for two titles: a 'game-changing huge multiplayer shooter and an ambitious dark narrative blockbuster adventure'. Ankers and Hulst couldn't talk about the productions the company is working on, outside of the fact that they will be in genres outside of PlayStation Studios' core offerings.