Gaming PlayStation 5

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Still haven't played this game, but I'm certainly intrigued by it. I'll probably get this when it comes out.

b82REZ

Still haven't played this game, but I'm certainly intrigued by it. I'll probably get this when it comes out.

I've been waiting for this since the PS5 came out.

I never finished it in PS4 but I loved it. I have to see what Kojima has done with the Duelsense.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Ghosts of Tsushima is bloody good, isn’t it?

Makes you feel like a proper samurai, although I’m probably closer to a Sumo in real life
Really good game. A bit like a Japanese Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

I was also interested in Sekiro - but not sure how it stacks up compared to both of those games.

For those of you who have played Sekiro, what do you make of it? Nice that is has a PS5 graphics upgrade too.

Ainu

Really good game. A bit like a Japanese Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

I was also interested in Sekiro - but not sure how it stacks up compared to both of those games.

For those of you who have played Sekiro, what do you make of it? Nice that is has a PS5 graphics upgrade too.
Sekiro is nothing like AC or Ghost of Tsushima, given that it's a From Soft game. None of the open-world tropes and far superior gameplay and world design. It's a brilliant game. I haven't heard anything about a PS5 visual update though, only that it runs at 60 fps (which is a significant upgrade of course).

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Sekiro is nothing like AC or Ghost of Tsushima, given that it's a From Soft game. None of the open-world tropes and far superior gameplay and world design. It's a brilliant game. I haven't heard anything about a PS5 visual update though, only that it runs at 60 fps (which is a significant upgrade of course).
Thanks, it's nice to know that it's not similar to AC or GoT - it's definitely on my to-buy list, however I don't really want to pay £60 for it on the store, so I will wait for it to be discounted (which is recently was), or pick up a 2nd hand copy on eBay or something.

Regarding the PS5 'upgrade', I was under the impression that it was 4K @ 60FPS.

Wal2Fra

What is the point of the disc version, when you still have to install all the games on the HDD to run them!
NBA is over 100gb on fecking disc!! I have picked up a couple of games this month and have to delete all the digital stuff to fit them on - it is mental!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What is the point of the disc version, when you still have to install all the games on the HDD to run them!
NBA is over 100gb on fecking disc!! I have picked up a couple of games this month and have to delete all the digital stuff to fit them on - it is mental!
Some people don’t have fibre so it’s much quicker from disc. You can also sell the discs on after you finish playing. HTH

Wal2Fra

Some people don’t have fibre so it’s much quicker from disc. You can also sell the discs on after you finish playing. HTH
My point is more why should the game have to install at full size like a digital download. I have the disc to run the game and avoid filling up the HDD (or at least be able to be selective with what I download from the store compared to buying on disc)

If it was just a small install to help with speeds that is fine but the full memory size just doesn’t make any sense.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My point is more why should the game have to install at full size like a digital download. I have the disc to run the game and avoid filling up the HDD (or at least be able to be selective with what I download from the store compared to buying on disc)

If it was just a small install to help with speeds that is fine but the full memory size just doesn’t make any sense.
Read speed off the HDD is magnitudes faster than off the disk. Loading that would take minutes off the disk takes fractions of seconds off the HDD. It’s also compressed onto the disk and decompressed off it.

littlepeasoup

Finished Demon's Souls last week and immediately aggro'd all the Nexus NPCs in new game plus so I wasn't tempted to give that a spin. :lol: Annoyed that in turns out there's a trophy for getting the 'bad' ending when I opted for good. Oh well!

On to Tsushima DLC! Loved that game first time around.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just discovered a free to play game called Splitgate that is quite fun, basically a first person shooter where you make portals to travel across the map.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Intrigued by the missions but not by the other stuff. Seems abit pointless.
Yeah, that's why I've held off for so long. It looks like it could be a relaxing sort of game from what I've seen of it, and I'm in the mood for that. Gonna wait for the director's cut to release though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Yeah, that's why I've held off for so long. It looks like it could be a relaxing sort of game from what I've seen of it, and I'm in the mood for that. Gonna wait for the director's cut to release though.
The full game is really good, one of my favourite games on this gen (ps4) but this 'directors cut' just looks abit meh.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Downloaded the Crash Bandicoot insane trilogy (or whatever it’s called) as part of the ps plus collection.

Some of the levels on the first game are absolutely brutal.

if you Demon Soul experts want a challenge, get all over this.

I’ve been playing platformers for over 30 years and this game has me wanting to launch my controller at the wall:D

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Downloaded the Crash Bandicoot insane trilogy (or whatever it’s called) as part of the ps plus collection.

I’ve been playing platformers for over 30 years and this game has me wanting to launch my controller at the wall:D
You should try Crash 4.

MiceOnMeth

oh god.. i still never beat the second island :lol:

Ladron de redcafe

The high road and road to nowhere give some people trouble, but an easy way to navigate through them is to jump on either hand rail and walk straight.

Crash 2 and Crash 3 are easier, generally speaking. Crash 4 is the most difficult and frustrating of the series, by far.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Can't wait for this. Gameplay trailer in a couple days. Makers of XCOM...

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
PS Plus games have leaked again apparently:

Overcooked! All You Can Eat
Hitman 2
Predator: Hunting Grounds

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Anybody planning to buy Deathloop in a few weeks?

I was planning to wait for it to hit Gamepass, but it looks and sounds brilliant. Different than your average game, and timeloops where you end up playing sections over again doesn't feel like something that will resonate with many people but for anybody that loved Dishonoured / Arkane, this should be right up your street.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I was planning to wait for it to hit Gamepass, but it looks and sounds brilliant. Different than your average game, and timeloops where you end up playing sections over again doesn't feel like something that will resonate with many people but for anybody that loved Dishonoured / Arkane, this should be right up your street.

It looks an interesting game and certainly one I’ll keep an eye on. Think it’s one to look at the reviews for and see how it goes. I wouldn’t be surprised if it did quite well and proved fairly popular!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I thought about waiting until it goes down in price but I’m desperate for something new to play tbh.

Alock1

It looks an interesting game and certainly one I’ll keep an eye on. Think it’s one to look at the reviews for and see how it goes. I wouldn’t be surprised if it did quite well and proved fairly popular!
With it being Arkane I wouldn't be surprised if it got good reviews and low sales numbers. Although, people are so starved for anything next gen and with nothing else coming out on PS at the moment, it might do better than you'd normally expect.

Alock1

I thought about waiting until it goes down in price but I’m desperate for something new to play tbh.
Could be a good trade-in job if you can complete it quick enough and don't care about buying disc

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
With it being Arkane I wouldn't be surprised if it got good reviews and low sales numbers. Although, people are so starved for anything next gen and with nothing else coming out on PS at the moment, it might do better than you'd normally expect.
Yeh I know the feeling. I still need to play Ratchet at some point though which I’m waiting to come on sale. If this Is good it could be one for afterwards though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's relaxing sometimes, and other times it's. Well. I won't spoil it.

Loved this game. Genuinely haven't been affected by a game like that in a long time. Mechanic wise it felt a bit lacking in combat and traversal but those look to have been improved in this new version.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's relaxing sometimes, and other times it's. Well. I won't spoil it.

Loved this game. Genuinely haven't been affected by a game like that in a long time. Mechanic wise it felt a bit lacking in combat and traversal but those look to have been improved in this new version.
Yeah, I heard the combat isn't great, but it's my understanding (and I could be wrong as I obviously haven't played it) that combat can be avoided a lot of the time? There are probably instances where that isn't feasible, but I hope it's the case somewhat. I'm a little fatigued by the traditional first-person/third-person games where the only way out of a situation is to annihilate everyone in the vicinity.

That's why I'm intrigued by this game.