g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming PlayStation 5

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Hopefully they port it to pc as i believe that game is made for a mouse input, fantastic on the playstation will be superb on PC.
It will for sure. There was a leak last year for Nvidia and Returnal was one of the games mentioned.

Demon's Souls will also be coming at some point but no mention of Bloodborne.

Bosws87

It will for sure. There was a leak last year for Nvidia and Returnal was one of the games mentioned.

Demon's Souls will also be coming at some point but no mention of Bloodborne.
Great news, you know there's no way thats coming to pc until there's been a full remake of the style of Demon's Souls on Playstation.

Its a guaranteed ace up their sleeve.

caid

I'm absolutely delighted to see the amount of recognition Returnal gets, especially in those categories. The audio design is sublime, I'd say the only game that rivalled it in recent years in that area was Hellblade, which is about the highest praise audio design can get. I personally would've given it Artistic Achievement as well, but let's not get greedy. :lol:

Despite the recognition, this game probably still hasn't reached as many gamers as it should have. PS5 scarcity is part of it, but I think a lot of people are still turned off by the perceived difficulty, which would be a shame. I can only hope its inclusion in the upcoming PS Plus middle tier opens it up to a wider audience, but it remains to be seen how successful that service is going to be.

Either way, it's a stunning game that everyone with access to it should play at some point.
I skipped it because of price. PS5 games start too expensive and take too damn long to come down in price. Was hoping to pick up Demons Souls but on sale it costs as much as Elden Ring on pc, which is kind of stupid. Returnal was on sale for €60 which is too much. Just feels silly that i can get a month old game at full price for less than a 18 month / 2 year old game on sale.

Feels really counterproductive because that €50 i spent on Elden Ring is as much as i've spent on ps5 games since getting it day one. Think it was €20 for Spiderman, €20 for Last of Us 2 and €15 for Horizon. Theres a point at which you stop caring about picking up a game immediately, it goes into a backlog of games you want to get around to one day and you ignore it till its basically being given away for nothing (or just given away for nothing).

Last edited:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Not impressed by new plus, but also understand that Sony can't afford to give away games on release like MS can.

Decent option for many I'm sure, just not for me.

caid

Not impressed by new plus, but also understand that Sony can't afford to give away games on release like MS can.

Decent option for many I'm sure, just not for me.
The only part of it i still care about is the online gaming.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Played some Slay the Spire earlier and it's a fun game and a great time filler game. One Ill keep going back to I suspect.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone know why some of my games only start to update when I try to play them? I’m sure I’ve got it set to download all updates in rest mode.

b82REZ

Anyone know why some of my games only start to update when I try to play them? I’m sure I’ve got it set to download all updates in rest mode.
I think if it's the disc version you need to insert the disc for it to authenticate the update.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No idea then. I only have this problem if its a physical copy of the game. Did you have enough storage for the update?
Yeah plenty of storage. Not sure if it’s due to how long ago I last played the game or something but it was always installed.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Maybe the update had only gone live recently and the auto download hadn't started yet?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
How the hell do you answer phone calls in Cyberpunk on ps5? It tells me to press D-pad down but it just rejects the calls. D-pad up just makes me take a health hit.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Have you tried uninstalling the game?
Well is touchpad down how the rest of you answer calls on ps5? Might reinstall the game if I can be arsed.

Edit. Nvm someone on reddit told me the solution.

Last edited:

Irwin99

I feel like finishing Elden Ring has left a void as I can't think of anything else that I'd really like to play in terms of upcoming releases. It seems a certainty for GOTY.

The Quarry could be interesting (from the makers of Until Dawn) but not sure i want to buy it full price for that type of game. Chrono Cross and Call of Cthulu are on the maybe pile for the time being.