Gaming PlayStation 5

Bojan11

I admire Sony for trying something different, rather than just releasing a console and charging a monthly fee to play old games. It’s why MS have never outsold a Sony console.
MS have more active users through windows alone.

And who cares about selling consoles? Are you a shareholder?

The only thing you admire is the Sony tattoo up your bum every morning. Also last time I checked Demon Souls is a old game. Typical Sony making you pay for it all over again. Let’s hope they don’t start remastering and charging bullshit again this gen as the no BC excuse has gone. I will slaughter you and Pigeon, if I have to pay for last of us 2 again. I might throw in @horsechoker as a bonus, if I have to pay for Bloodborne again.

Oh and I bet most the games you’d be playing on your PS5 will be current gen games especially for the first year.

Stay away from him @Reditus. Do not engage with him or ask him anything. Me and @Alock1 will lead you the way. He’s just jealous that lock refused to give him discount code for series x and ever since has started posting fake news about Xbox.

Xbox is a safe and secure place to play. No hackings, which cause the servers to go down for two months and then a shitty apology with old games. No spam messages from bots pretending to be girls every week. Elvis engages with them thinking he’s onto a winner. Then you get spam messages about buying games from some place cheap. What kind of sick and twisted environment is this? This isn’t a safe place for kids.

Bojan11

How can anyone root for Elvis?

The guy is the reason @Olly Gunnar Solskjær is not coming back. Olly told me that he can’t return now because Elvis created a leaving thread, which was rather embarrassing for him and as a result of that thread he’s now under pressure not to return as everyone hates people who make leaving threads and then return @Mr Pigeon. You can’t take any post of theirs seriously after they return. How can you trust what they say? Elvis and the PS5 are the reasons that Olly left. Elvis making that stupid thread. PS5 coming out in 2020, which is the year Olly left. Xbox was far too much into production, but they delayed the games till 2021 out of respect for Olly.

Ainu

As amusing as this is to read, remember that this is the PS5 thread and NOT the PS5 vs Xbox Series X thread. I mean, there's even a banner and everything.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Moore’s Law is Dead is saying he heard that SOCOM is coming to PS5.

For those who don’t know who he is, he’s a well known ITK Tech-tuber that gets lots of stuff right.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Moore’s Law is Dead is saying he heard that SOCOM is coming to PS5.

For those who don’t know who he is, he’s a well known ITK Tech-tuber that gets lots of stuff right.
Socom confrontation on the ps3 was class when it worked! Hell of a game, proper tactical and just felt great.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Are there any old socomers on redcafe?

And by old I mean PS2 socom-old.
Socom confrontation on the ps3 was class when it worked! Hell of a game, proper tactical and just felt great.
I remember ps2 version but never played it but played the 3 one. And yeah it was good when it worked so hopefully this one will be good too and made properly.

Berbasbullet

I remember ps2 version but never played it but played the 3 one. And yeah it was good when it worked so hopefully this one will be good too and made properly.
They then made socom 4 which was an absolute abomination, as the guns had no recoil?! Think they had the move in mind when they made it.

Confrontation was class just for proximity chat :lol: having to actually be quiet made it so tense. Then of course you start moonwalking on their body when you have murdered them for being too loud.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What do y’all think of a poll for guessing on price? Just going with the full version would probably be easiest, in $US of course.

Something like <$400 - >$600, in $50 increments perhaps.

Bojan11

What do y’all think of a poll for guessing on price? Just going with the full version would probably be easiest, in $US of course.

Something like <$400 - >$600, in $50 increments perhaps.
Go for the poll.

I predicted £500. But I’m going to increase that to £550 for the disc and £500 for non disc. If it was £400 or £450 they would release it by now regardless of what MS do.

I am just basing this on what digital foundry said that part costs are rising and both will be expensive. I believe we’d get a price cut within the first year too, when every thing starts to get back to normal and Sony are still pushing the PS4 which has 100 million plus users.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hope it’s not more than £450 for the physical version. £400 for digital.

We’re almost into September, I’m surprised we’ve had nothing on price or release date.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope it’s not more than £450 for the physical version. £400 for digital.

We’re almost into September, I’m surprised we’ve had nothing on price or release date.
The fact there's no prices yet makes me think it'll be more expensive than we think.

Almost like it'll be close to release and they'll drop the price but nobody will care as they're so excited for it.

ovoxo

That IronmanPS5 dude says preorders will go live on September 9th. Suggests the price is $499 and $399.

Not sure how reliable he is, and he seems like a right arrogant douche.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

The fact there's no prices yet makes me think it'll be more expensive than we think.

Almost like it'll be close to release and they'll drop the price but nobody will care as they're so excited for it.
Neh them and xbox just want to undercut each other I imagine.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I reckon there will be a £100 difference between the two. £50 difference isn't that much of an incentive to get the digital and they'll recoup the extra in the digital sales. I'd say 399 and 499.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
£199 for the diskless one, £899 for the disk one. Balances the books innit.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hope they stream 4K so we can see what the games really look like.

Deery

Dreary
So what does it mean one console only plays digital and the other disks and digital?

Deery

Dreary
One console doesn’t have a disc drive so you have to buy all your games from the PS Store.
Cheers, seems a bit pointless you will always need an internet connection and PSN to play them. Which one are you going for?