Gaming PlayStation 5

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Its all pretty meh from me on the next gen consoles we are just seeing 4K resolutions and more up to date and GFX features, basically prettier games. VR has no interest to me at all having played various Oculus systems the tech simply isn't there yet for me to be a selling point. Also who ever designed the PS5 should be shot they clearly had huge cooling problems which doesn't bode well going forward.

JP77

I need people to convince me I’ve made the right decision deciding to wait a year to get this once it comes out.

Getting married next year in August and so with that on top of a massive amount of bills and two children to provide for it was going to cripple me even trying to get it this year right around Christmas too. I’ve decided to pick one up around Christmas next year instead and in the meantime pick pick up and XBOX One or PS4 to keep me tied over until then (sold my PS4 at the start of the year). I don’t get loads of time to even play nowadays with work and the kids but I have that massive itch at the moment to be playing.

My thought process was that it made sense to wait a year anyway as there won’t be loads of games out at the start and the ones aimed at me (FIFA, PES, Madden etc) won’t even be hitting the console for another year or so anyway so I’m not really going to miss much. I keep telling myself that anyway...I’m right, right? I know once it drops and everybody has it it’s going to be a struggle though, I just need to keep telling myself getting married and my kids as well as having a roof over our head is more important than the PS5 :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I need people to convince me I’ve made the right decision deciding to wait a year to get this once it comes out.

Getting married next year in August and so with that on top of a massive amount of bills and two children to provide for it was going to cripple me even trying to get it this year right around Christmas too. I’ve decided to pick one up around Christmas next year instead and in the meantime pick pick up and XBOX One or PS4 to keep me tied over until then (sold my PS4 at the start of the year). I don’t get loads of time to even play nowadays with work and the kids but I have that massive itch at the moment to be playing.

My thought process was that it made sense to wait a year anyway as there won’t be loads of games out at the start and the ones aimed at me (FIFA, PES, Madden etc) won’t even be hitting the console for another year or so anyway so I’m not really going to miss much. I keep telling myself that anyway...I’m right, right? I know once it drops and everybody has it it’s going to be a struggle though, I just need to keep telling myself getting married and my kids as well as having a roof over our head is more important than the PS5 :lol:
No you are wrong. Have you ever had a better feeling than that of opening the box of a new games console on release day? If anything you should delay your wedding.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

You're right. If you mostly play the annual sports games then having a PS4/Xbox One in the mean time will keep you occupied.

Raw

Definitely made the right decision. Console releases are almost always slow as feck in the first year. Better to wait until there's a bigger library of games to choose from, which will have likely lowered in price by then too. Plus you can still keep the PS4 games you'll be playing now since they'll very likely work on PS5 anyway.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Kinda depends on the cost, no? I mean if the digital edition is only like €200-250 more to buy than a PS4 then is it not worth it? Long term you'll probably lose more money by buying a PS4 this year and then a PS5 a year after cause it likely won't have dropped in price much at all by then.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not buying this on release date that's for sure. I'll wait a few months first and read various reviews, wait for the price to drop a little and better games to be available (Horizon for instance)

Shark

@NotShark
Not buying this on release date that's for sure. I'll wait a few months first and read various reviews, wait for the price to drop a little and better games to be available (Horizon for instance)
Same here, ended up opting for a PC setup a few months ago and haven't even touched my PS4 since. Think I may be slowly realizing consoles are a bit of a gimmick.

Bojan11

Same here, ended up opting for a PC setup a few months ago and haven't even touched my PS4 since. Think I may be slowly realizing consoles are a bit of a gimmick.
What PC set up you opt for?

Bojan11

Well it's a laptop but hooking it up to a 144hz monitor and it's pretty much a desktop experience. Specs are the GeForce RTX 2060 and i7-9750H 6-Core Processor.
Nice, what games you played on it?

I can see Sony releasing games on PC after they been out a few years. It’s a easy cash grab and those that want to play them first can play it on console. Strategy works well for Rockstar.

Shark

@NotShark
Nice, what games you played on it?

I can see Sony releasing games on PC after they been out a few years. It’s a easy cash grab and those that want to play them first can play it on console. Strategy works well for Rockstar.

Yeah that's true, I mean you look at the release of Horizon and it's a great way for Sony to get PC gamers on board for the sequel, I'd say we'll see that more and more as you say.

So far I've played TW3 which is one of my top three games ever, even better with some mods. Others are GTA 4, FM20 and also revisited Skyrim with mods. What I'm finding with Steam though is it's hard to concentrate on just one game at a time :lol:

steeeb

A friend just came across this pastie that's been apparently just started doing the rounds: http://pastie.org/p/6LpdusBc887kcWdio4VyPm

Note sure how to quote it here as I'm on mobile and it's not letting me. Not sure how true it is. But would be amazing if true and sort of explains a few things and also why they're has been no news lately I think Sony are just waiting from Microsoft to cross the point if no return and then bam bam?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The adaptive triggers sound like a massive gimmick and hasn't 3d sound in games been around forever to a certain degree, ive always been able to tell where an enemy is on online multiplayers since Medal of Honor:Allied Assault on PC
Have to say the big new features to controllers have definitely been useless since PS1 (six axis movement, light bar, touch pad etc,) whereas the minor upgrades have been far more important (better buttons, triggers instead of buttons, better analogue sticks, L3 and R3, etc)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
A friend just came across this pastie that's been apparently just started doing the rounds: http://pastie.org/p/6LpdusBc887kcWdio4VyPm

Note sure how to quote it here as I'm on mobile and it's not letting me. Not sure how true it is. But would be amazing if true and sort of explains a few things and also why they're has been no news lately I think Sony are just waiting from Microsoft to cross the point if no return and then bam bam?
What's a DE

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't feel like explaining the details but the 3D sound and haptic feedback are not just Sony versions of things that are already out, they are significant.
You can’t just say that. Tell us what you know.
There’s only so much you can do with sound. I really doubt there’s anything new.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
There’s only so much you can do with sound. I really doubt there’s anything new.
No idea about 3D sound but guessing you need headphones to experience it which doesn’t really suit me. And haptic feedback I think is like what the switch has. Pretty good in fairness

Bojan11

You can’t just say that. Tell us what you know
Going to post this again what digital foundry said

The same goes for 3D audio, which has made me think a lot about marketing and presentation. Sony made a remarkable pitch for a revolution in 3D audio with PlayStation 5 with its Tempest Engine, talking about hundreds of audio sources accurately positioned in 3D space - yet Microsoft has essentially made the same pitch with its own hardware, which also has the HRTF support that the Tempest Engine has. Microsoft hasn't made any specific promises about mapping 3D audio to the individual's specific HRTF, but then again, Sony hasn't really told us how it plans to get that data for each player. I'll be interested to see how this all shakes out once the consoles are out and software is available.
One is marketing it and the other is not. Buzzwords, which Afro falls for every single time. And don’t bother asking him what he knows as that’s pretty much every type of post he’d come up with. One of those know it all types and doesn’t really expand on anything. You better off asking @Mr Pigeon as he’s got a computing degree or @Redlambs but it just sounds like a load of buzzwords and marketing. The controller, I was probably wrong on that as quite a few developers going to make use of it so that’s one to look forward to.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I rest my case @VeevaVee.
You believe that pastebin? Because it sounds like bollox to me.

No idea about 3D sound but guessing you need headphones to experience it which doesn’t really suit me. And haptic feedback I think is like what the switch has. Pretty good in fairness
You won't need headphones although headphones are optimal.
There's a lot of info and I can't be bothered.... Sorry? I'm baked...

Bojan11

You believe that pastebin? Because it sounds like bollox to me.

You won't need headphones although headphones are optimal.

There's a lot of info and I can't be bothered.... Sorry? I'm baked...
No, I didn’t bother reading that pastebin as they usually a load of shit no offence @steeeb.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I admire Sony for trying something different, rather than just releasing a console and charging a monthly fee to play old games. It’s why MS have never outsold a Sony console.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I admire Sony for trying something different, rather than just releasing a console and charging a monthly fee to play old games. It’s why MS have never outsold a Sony console.
FYI, I’m buying a ps5, I just like the back and forth