Gaming PlayStation 5

LARulz

That's cause you suck.
:lol: yeah I'm not the best person

That’s a shame for you, these type of games are slow at the start but really build up nicely after an hour or 2. Obviously you prefer the quick in/out type games but you should give it a try and be more patient! They’re top class once you spend more time into them.
Thing is, I enjoy those games more as there is a purpose bit honestly it's the time. Also ever since my ED, I can't remain still without feeling like I'm wasting time so those types of games are harder for me to sit with mentally despite preferring them. If I can take a few days off work without feeling the need to be roaming the world then I'll finish these in a flash

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm not sure why but for the first time in my life I am tempted to get a Playstation - I think it is because I desperately want a new 4k TV and I know that the new playstation will work beautifully on it. I'm a PC man generally.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think it will be anywhere close to it, price and temperature/colling being the main problems.
Doesn't really need to be tbh.... We got midrange GPUs and show CPUs lay time around and look at the stuff we ended up with? It'll be good enough and the games will look glorious on both machines no doubt...

I want to see where they take gameplay and VR personally.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Doesn't really need to be tbh.... We got midrange GPUs and show CPUs lay time around and look at the stuff we ended up with? It'll be good enough and the games will look glorious on both machines no doubt...

I want to see where they take gameplay and VR personally.
Oh I agree it wont have too, I was responding to the rumours it will be on par with a RTX2080 or even a RTX2070 are just silly. I have absolutely no interest in VR but want to see games much more open and immersive, more intelligent AI, better story lines, better acting, more freedom.

Ainu

Oh I agree it wont have too, I was responding to the rumours it will be on par with a RTX2080 or even a RTX2070 are just silly. I have absolutely no interest in VR but want to see games much more open and immersive, more intelligent AI, better story lines, better acting, more freedom.
What rumours? All credible sources I've seen just mentioned the info that was specifically confirmed by Sony's lead engineer, i.e. that it's a custom AMD Navi based GPU (which we've known for months) and that it features hardware-accelerated ray-tracing.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What rumours? All credible sources I've seen just mentioned the info that was specifically confirmed by Sony's lead engineer, i.e. that it's a custom AMD Navi based GPU (which we've known for months) and that it features hardware-accelerated ray-tracing.
Just google "playstation 5 GFX", of course its mostly bollocks but people jump on it then when its comes out they is a huge sigh of disappointment. Of course I could just stop reading click bate sites I suppose.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm interested to see how developers will utilise the new haptics and the tension feedback system on the new controllers. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of the speaker and touch pad. Although i actually like the touch pad, they didn't really do much with it.

There's also a quote here from Sony in regards to complete PS4 backward compatibility:

Currently, the dev team is putting all power on verifying whether they can secure a complete compatibility. Please wait for more information.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'm interested to see how developers will utilise the new haptics and the tension feedback system on the new controllers. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of the speaker and touch pad. Although i actually like the touch pad, they didn't really do much with it.

There's also a quote here from Sony in regards to complete PS4 backward compatibility:
I would say the compatibility will come back a no, depends how much it would cost as always.

Ainu

I would say the compatibility will come back a no, depends how much it would cost as always.
A no? As in, you think they will scrap it? Absolutely unthinkable, they might just as well announce that they're aiming for a worse PR start than the Xbox One back in the day.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I bought my PS4 launch day and it's been perfect. Taken it to three different countries with me as well and not a single issue.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
A no? As in, you think they will scrap it? Absolutely unthinkable, they might just as well announce that they're aiming for a worse PR start than the Xbox One back in the day.
They have never made it truly backwards compatible have they? As in sticking in your old game disk?

Ainu

They have never made it truly backwards compatible have they? As in sticking in your old game disk?
They've confirmed it will work with your current disks as well as with all of your digital purchases (including free PS+ titles as long as you subscribe). Only PS4 games though, they didn't say anything about olders gens (and I seriously doubt any of those will work).

So you see, going back on those statements would mean PR suicide. They just can't guarantee 100% coverage as some titles might run into issues (always a risk with BC).

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
There's been a few senior figures at Sony that have basically talked about the importance of backward compatibility. This is Sony being overly cautious imo. Or, maybe only a few games won't be compatible. Be surprised if they completely toss it all off.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
They've confirmed it will work with your current disks as well as with all of your digital purchases (including free PS+ titles as long as you subscribe). Only PS4 games though, they didn't say anything about olders gens (and I seriously doubt any of those will work).

So you see, going back on those statements would mean PR suicide. They just can't guarantee 100% coverage as some titles might run into issues (always a risk with BC).
There's been a few senior figures at Sony that have basically talked about the importance of backward compatibility. This is Sony being overly cautious imo. Or, maybe only a few games won't be compatible. Be surprised if they completely toss it all off.
I hope so but we were here with the PS4 backward compatibility.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I bought my PS4 launch day and it's been perfect. Taken it to three different countries with me as well and not a single issue.
I'm pretty sure I could plug my PS1 and PS2 in that are sitting in my parent's attic and they'd still work. PS3 and PS4 still work perfect, too. Never had to replace or fix any of them. Sony products are the best.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'm pretty sure I could plug my PS1 and PS2 in that are sitting in my parent's attic and they'd still work. PS3 and PS4 still work perfect, too. Never had to replace or fix any of them. Sony products are the best.
I was ok with all mine but my PS4 has disk reading problems, you have to squeeze the actual unit just above the drive slot for the disk to be read.

Massive Spanner

I was ok with all mine but my PS4 has disk reading problems, you have to squeeze the actual unit just above the drive slot for the disk to be read.
Oh yeah actually my PS4 has something like that. it was auto ejecting disks so I just opened it up and stuck masking tape on the ejection button and it worked fine then :lol:

Ainu

Was it not thought it would be prior to release, right enough there was no "promises" from SONY. So hopefully there will be this time.
I'm not sure if anyone in their right mind ever thought it would be, due to the huge difference in architecture between PS3's Cell and PS4's AMD chipset. There's no such technical challenge this time around.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Oh yeah actually my PS4 has something like that. it was auto ejecting disks so I just opened it up and stuck masking tape on the ejection button and it worked fine then :lol:
Yeah apparently its an easy fix, its the rollers that are suppose to hold the disk in place have came loose.

Massive Spanner

I'm not sure if anyone in their right mind ever thought it would be, due to the huge difference in architecture between PS3's Cell and PS4's AMD chipset. There's no such technical challenge this time around.
the ps4 and ps5 will both be x86 so I see no reason why backwards compatibility would be an issue. They're basically just toned down PC's.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Thing is, I enjoy those games more as there is a purpose bit honestly it's the time. Also ever since my ED, I can't remain still without feeling like I'm wasting time so those types of games are harder for me to sit with mentally despite preferring them. If I can take a few days off work without feeling the need to be roaming the world then I'll finish these in a flash
TMI, buddy.

arthurka

Totally the same here, it's frightening how many first Gen PS4 are around me. More than 20 units bought by friends and family still going strong since the first day release. Just very well made machines.

littlepeasoup

Totally the same here, it's frightening how many first Gen PS4 are around me. More than 20 units bought by friends and family still going strong since the first day release. Just very well made machines.
My day one model is still going strong, and I've not had any technical issues with it, but it does run very hot. Playing RDR2 with headphones on was an absolute must given the fan noise (and I've opened the thing up several times to clean it thoroughly).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Same with my mates, and same with everyone's Xbox I know too. Surprising really, considering how often laptops feck up. Is there less going on in a games console or are they just better built/not built for planned obsolescence?

Massive Spanner

Can't say my early model PS4 has ever been noticeably loud playing games like GoW and RDR2. Nothing compared to what my PS3 was like playing TLOU. Check your fans for dust, lads.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
My PS4 Pro is extremely loud, especially when I used to play Apex. Thankfully I always play with headphones on so I don't notice it, but it is still annoying.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
My PS3 broke down on me :( but back then I was using it a lot.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can't say my early model PS4 has ever been noticeably loud playing games like GoW and RDR2. Nothing compared to what my PS3 was like playing TLOU. Check your fans for dust, lads.
I bought a PS4 Pro brand new and it makes loads of noise, so don't think it's dust related.

dove

Same with my mates, and same with everyone's Xbox I know too. Surprising really, considering how often laptops feck up. Is there less going on in a games console or are they just better built/not built for planned obsolescence?
I think it’s just because you don’t move a console much, unlike laptop. You carry it around in backpacks, luggages etc.