Gaming PlayStation 5

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I quite liked Death Stranding 1 but never finished it.
But this trailer of DS2 made DS1 look like a grounded simulation game. I think it's maybe a bit too much Kojima madness for me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
DS is definitely the big one - great trailer.

Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin are interesting in that they both look superb from a combat mechanics perspective but I’m not sure about the narrative / writing. Hopefully they’re either good in that regard or more gameplay focused anyway. It does make me chuckle how similar Rise of Ronan looks to Ghost of Tsushima - let’s see if they can capture the same magic that Sucker Punch managed to.

Coxy

Judas was the only one I was interested in - the rest weren’t really for me.

I’m hoping PS studios have got more up their sleeve than that…

pacifictheme

DS is definitely the big one - great trailer.

Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin are interesting in that they both look superb from a combat mechanics perspective but I’m not sure about the narrative / writing. Hopefully they’re either good in that regard or more gameplay focused anyway. It does make me chuckle how similar Rise of Ronan looks to Ghost of Tsushima - let’s see if they can capture the same magic that Sucker Punch managed to.
I would expect rise of the ronin to have great combat as team ninja teams games always do (the nioh games, wo long). I would expect it to have much better than ghost of Tsushima had, and I enjoyed that game a lot. The combats what I will be playing it for, a good story is a bonus.

Thought Stellar blade looked quite dull but maybe it was a bad trailer.

Quite a decent state of play overall I thought, several games I will be getting.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Oh they will. The likes of Sucker Punch, Sony SM, Naughy Dog (they’ll take awhile), Media Molecule, Insomniac (will be awhile and we know what) etc will be working on new titles.

I’m really looking forward to Pacific Drive too.

I would expect rise of the ronin to have great combat as team ninja teams games always do (the nioh games, wo long). I would expect it to have much better than ghost of Tsushima had, and I enjoyed that game a lot. The combats what I will be playing it for, a good story is a bonus.

Thought Stellar blade looked quite dull but maybe it was a bad trailer.

Quite a decent state of play overall I thought, several games I will be getting.
To be honest, I disliked Nioh 1 and loved Ghost of Tsushima. I thought the latter’s combat was superb especially on the PS5 and much better than that of the former, even if it’s not a “Soulslike”.

pacifictheme

That's fair enough. I liked ghost of Tsushima a lot too, but I prefer niohs combat by a long way so an evolution of that (as long as it's not as parry centric as wo long) is fine by me.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I don't expect we'll hear anything more from PS Studios until the Showcase in May, and that'll be likely to be looking towards 2025 releases than 2024 with the possible exception of Concord.
MLID is about as reliable as @MJLD

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Coxy

I don't expect we'll hear anything more from PS Studios until the Showcase in May, and that'll be likely to be looking towards 2025 releases than 2024 with the possible exception of Concord.
Agreed - I'm happy to wait as my backlog is plenty big enough - but I guess my point was more - the showcase didn't show anything I was really interested in, so I hope on the horizon there are more exclusive that will pique my interest.

Irwin99

I quite liked Death Stranding 1 but never finished it.
But this trailer of DS2 made DS1 look like a grounded simulation game. I think it's maybe a bit too much Kojima madness for me.
You can never have too much Kojima madness :D . Having said that, as much as I love a lot of his work i hope he can edit some of his stuff a bit better because MGS4, 5 and DS have had issues with pacing I think. MGS1 and MGS3 are almost perfectly paced with the right balance of cutscene and gameplay.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Just saw that Insurgency: Sandstorm finally has a PS5 version!

This is one of my most played games - and have been waiting for the updated version for ages!

It’s a FPS but with greater realism than COD - less running around and a slower, more measured and tactical approach required.

Really great game so def recommend it!!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just saw that Insurgency: Sandstorm finally has a PS5 version!

This is one of my most played games - and have been waiting for the updated version for ages!

It’s a FPS but with greater realism than COD - less running around and a slower, more measured and tactical approach required.

Really great game so def recommend it!!
I remember you mentioning this, is it SP or MP? Or both?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I remember you mentioning this, is it SP or MP? Or both?
There is a SP mode where you can play against bots, but it doesn’t have a campaign mode.

It’s mainly MP - but you can play either against other players, or co-op against AI bots (which put up a pretty good challenge). Because you can be killed in one shot, you need to take more care than in other FPS games.

If you have the PS4 version then it’s a free upgrade for the PS5 one.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
There is a SP mode where you can play against bots, but it doesn’t have a campaign mode.

It’s mainly MP - but you can play either against other players, or co-op against AI bots (which put up a pretty good challenge). Because you can be killed in one shot, you need to take more care than in other FPS games.

If you have the PS4 version then it’s a free upgrade for the PS5 one.
insurgency on ps5 is pretty good to be fair.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just downloading I now to give it a go. Been playing a lot of MW3 recently but it's fecking shit. Slide cancels, wall jumping dickheads, shite servers, stupid skins, and my bullets turning to fecking potatoes this morning pissed me right off.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just downloading I now to give it a go. Been playing a lot of MW3 recently but it's fecking shit. Slide cancels, wall jumping dickheads, shite servers, stupid skins, and my bullets turning to fecking potatoes this morning pissed me right off.
So you're not that good then ONO?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So you're not that good then ONO?
let’s just saythe kids can’t even be bothered to slag his mum off or call him the n word.
I'm amazing. Like the bestest ever, just everyone else is cheating obviously.

I keep everyone muted at all times as every cnut on there appears to french anyway and I don't speak french.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I'm amazing. Like the bestest ever, just everyone else is cheating obviously.

I keep everyone muted at all times as every cnut on there appears to french anyway and I don't speak french.
didn’t need to add this part.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Yep - it’s v different to MW3

I love that all the weapons are open to choose between - you don’t have to progress to unlock anything (the only reward for progression are coins which can be used for purely cosmetic items).
Each weapon/attachment/gear has a weight/point score, and you can only carry a limited amount. So every weapon is viable - your loadout is just down to personal preference.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
insurgency on ps5 is pretty good to be fair.
I just tried this again after a year is so out with the new update.

Bunch of American dicks all screeching at each other and kicking each other from the game. Terrible community.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I just tried this again after a year is so out with the new update.

Bunch of American dicks all screeching at each other and kicking each other from the game. Terrible community.
I play co-op and never had any issues. You can always choose to avoid the American servers! :)
I'll probably be kicking about, just having a mess on it now and it's extremely slow compared to cod, and some weird control schemes
It is much slower but that for me is part of the appeal :) Probably better for your aging reflexes too :)

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I play co-op and never had any issues. You can always choose to avoid the American servers! :)

It is much slower but that for me is part of the appeal :) Probably better for your aging reflexes too :)
If you want a slow paced shooter its all about Hell Let Loose