g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming PlayStation 5

lilcurt

Can't wait for Helldivers 2 to release this week.

Was a massive fan of the first game and actually got the platinum trophy which was a tough nut to crack.

Highly recommend other check it down, basically Starship Troopers the game where you have to play strategically with friendly fire on!

LordSpud

Reports coming out that Starfield is PS5 bound. Makes me wonder whether they will just release Elder Scrolls 6 on it too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't wait for Helldivers 2 to release this week.

Was a massive fan of the first game and actually got the platinum trophy which was a tough nut to crack.

Highly recommend other check it down, basically Starship Troopers the game where you have to play strategically with friendly fire on!
Hearing great things about it. Would single player gamers I.e those who like a decent narrative / purpose in their games enjoy this ? Or it’s all about the moment to moment fun and long term grind?

lilcurt

Hearing great things about it. Would single player gamers I.e those who like a decent narrative / purpose in their games enjoy this ? Or it’s all about the moment to moment fun and long term grind?
The first game didn't really have a campaign as such.

I spent many hours taking on missions solo but it has always been a coop focused game so your milage may vary.

It doesn't look like there will be a campaign in this game either. It is literally, hotdrop on a planet filled with evil aliens (bug, cyborgs, futuristic things), complete the object and extract.

There is good variety with the objectives and it was also a good game for random match matching as the strategy calls were quite basic and straightforward to understand. I'm not sure how that will translate with the game no longer being isometric.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Quick question. I only play offline games so I don't have plus. However my brother has plus and he bought tekken 8 yesterday, I want to give it a go. If we use the same machine can I play online?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Anyone picking Helldivers 2 up? Something I could be interested in but not sure solo is going to be great.
The match making is bugged currently so solo is mostly what I've had to do. Game is fun when you can very occasionally can get into a group or play with friends. Can imagine it might get repetitive for some though. There's no story campaign mode it works more like deep rock galactic.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mine turned itself off today randomly. Never had that before. Better not be packing in just as Rebirth is about to release. :nervous:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mine turned itself off today randomly. Never had that before. Better not be packing in just as Rebirth is about to release. :nervous:
Been happening with mine as well mainly when I play GoWR and Cyberpunk (disk games that must be more intensive)

Based on what I’ve read it appears that the power cable needs replacing. As whenever I unplug it and replug it, the console powers on.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just done a clean up on forbidden west for the platinum, game was taking the piss at the end, needing some overrides, Everytime I went to a site they were all apex machines so couldn't override.

Also melee pits are stupid.

Platinum now though, just need to pick up the DLC at some point and go through that.

Just purchased Helldivers 2 @afrocentricity, maybe around an hour or so till its downloaded.

Ainu

Another game that fails to get the absolute basics right: The Quarry. Once you get past the night time prologue, you get hit with the most nauseating, disgusting motion blur I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, you need to see this abomination in motion on your own screen to believe it. And of course there's no option to turn it off.

How does stuff like this happen? How does something this bad get through QA, and how does a 2022 game not have an motion blur toggle? I just don't get it.