Gaming PlayStation Plus

December leak: https://www.dealabs.com/bons-plans/...21-11-24&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

PS5: Godfall Challenger Edition
PS4: Mortal Shell & LEGO DC Super Villains

1b0.jpg

I know it doesn’t have great reviews but I’d be happy to give Godfall a playthrough.

I got it as part of a bundle of games in the summer. I think it was one of three for £30 and I still feel I overpaid for it. It's incredibly dull and one dimensional.

Is this any good? Quick check tells me it's a poor man's dark souls which shouldn't be the worst thing.

Not even bothering to look up the other one.
Mortal Shell got some good reviews here and there. Very Dark Soulsy of course, with pretty good looking and gloomy locations. I've had my eye on it for a while so if the leak is true, this would be a great addition to PS Plus for me. Seems like a no brainer for every Souls fan.

Mortal Shell got some good reviews here and there. Very Dark Soulsy of course, with pretty good looking and gloomy locations. I've had my eye on it for a while so if the leak is true, this would be a great addition to PS Plus for me. Seems like a no brainer for every Souls fan.
Sounds good, better than a few of the last months for sure. :lol:

Do you lot not play any games online. Always moaning about getting ready to stop subscribing :lol:

People talking as if they only subscribe for the free games :lol: clearly subscriptions are basically to let us play online ffs. Plus get discounts on other purchases throughout the year.

Way too much is put on "the free games suck" .. who gives a feck, they're free. Don't like them don't download them.

People have forgotten it was just a perk really, was never said they'd be dishing out triple A games. I just add them to my library and then never play them either.

Most games I want to play, I buy early on, or on sale. That means 90% of the games on ps plus I have no interest in anyway.

Do you lot not play any games online. Always moaning about getting ready to stop subscribing :lol:

People talking as if they only subscribe for the free games :lol: clearly subscriptions are basically to let us play online ffs. Plus get discounts on other purchases throughout the year.

Way too much is put on "the free games suck" .. who gives a feck, they're free. Don't like them don't download them.

People have forgotten it was just a perk really, was never said they'd be dishing out triple A games. I just add them to my library and then never play them either.

Most games I want to play, I buy early on, or on sale. That means 90% of the games on ps plus I have no interest in anyway.
There's a bit of stuff between AAA games and a game that has been called the worst ever in it's category. :lol:

Paying a subscription fee just to be able to play online is the biggest pisstake of console gaming and frankly I'm surprised an armed revolution hasn't happened yet to do away with it and have the inventors of this idea lined up against a wall.

So yeah, the PS Plus games and discounts should better be fecking good.

I have no interest in playing PS4 games online no. If I want to play online I'll play Counterstrike or something that is good.

Paying a subscription fee just to be able to play online is the biggest pisstake of console gaming and frankly I'm surprised an armed revolution hasn't happened yet to do away with it and have the inventors of this idea lined up against a wall.

This was another bit of money grabbing bullshit which microsoft introduced and it's became the norm sadly.

Microsoft an Xbox that one, they managed to convince the Xbox userbase that the payment was needed to provide the superior service (which at the time it was miles ahead no party chat, cross game invites etc) that laid the seed and its been the norm since.

This was another bit of money grabbing bullshit which microsoft introduced and it's became the norm sadly.
Yep. Unfortunately it makes the platform holders shitloads of money so there's no incentive for them to get rid when they know people will pay for it.

PS+ has around 47m subscribers. Even assuming 'worst' case scenario that they've all got the subs in a £30 deal (unlikely), that is at least £1.4bn a year.

No. Online gaming is just a perk and a shit one at that.

Not play anything like destiny? GTA online? FIFA?

I'm not a massive online player but I play online atleast once or twice a month I'd reckon.
Ew. I'd rather stick needles in my balls

I tried Destiny. It was a snorefest.

I play online games on pc. PSN and Xbox live are a bit ropy and shit compared to the run of the mill pc launcher.

I mainly subscribe for the cloud saves, after mine got corrupted in a game i'd played for a few hours, took me months before I played again.

So it's confirmed to be Godfall and Mortal Shell. The former has a metacritic rating of 61% :lol:

Yeah Godfall sounds shite. I'll try Mortal Shell, given it's a soulslike.
Same here. Hopefully it's a hidden gem like Remnant which I found surprisingly good. But I'm not counting on it

Mortal Shell is meant to be pretty good got a little bit of a cult following, i haven't tried it myself but i've heard good things from people who have actually played it.

Not been a great year for PS Plus. There have been a few games as you would expect, but overall it's been very poor. I would have loved them to do something with the PS Plus Collection as well. Adding one or two games to that, even if they took other games off. Just replenish it with some new titles as I think it's great accouterment for PS5/PS Plus owners. But it looks like that isn't going to be touched.

I do think they have to change something and spice it up a bit; it's getting a little stale now. Even if it's just rolling in PS Now with it (which they should have done ages ago).

Not been a great year for PS Plus. There have been a few games as you would expect, but overall it's been very poor. I would have loved them to do something with the PS Plus Collection as well. Adding one or two games to that, even if they took other games off. Just replenish it with some new titles as I think it's great accouterment for PS5/PS Plus owners. But it looks like that isn't going to be touched.

I do think they have to change something and spice it up a bit; it's getting a little stale now. Even if it's just rolling in PS Now with it (which they should have done ages ago).

Can't see there being any vast improvement its just a token gesture to keep you happy to distract you from the fact you are paying a price just to play a game you have already paid for online, which are also full of microtransactions which they take even more of a cut of.

Proper scam that this has become the norm.

I'll try Mortal Shell, given it's a soulslike.
I have it already, it's pretty good. Whether Souls fans will like it as much as Souls I don't know but it plays pretty well and looks pretty good. I haven't got too far into it but enjoyed what I played so far.

Can't see there being any vast improvement its just a token gesture to keep you happy to distract you from the fact you are paying a price just to play a game you have already paid for online, which are also full of microtransactions which they take even more of a cut of.

Proper scam that this has become the norm.

No, I don't think there will be any changes either. Particularly when there's no impetus to do so. Their numbers are seemingly quite healthy which generates a decent income for them.

I was reading about their numbers the other day. In 2014 they had 8 million subscribers, then it began to shoot up to where they now have 47 million as of September 2021. Quite the increase.