Pochettino | Leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
S'ok bowly will spend another billion in Jan.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The story since Tuchel won the champions league has been mindblowing. It really wasn’t that long ago either

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
One day I’d love to see a manager come to Chelsea and not immediately revert to a back 5 with bullshit pragmatic setups. One day. Sigh.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Seems like a certain someone will have to go into hiding for another week.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
One day I’d love to see a manager come to Chelsea and not immediately revert to a back 5 with bullshit pragmatic setups. One day. Sigh.
If he sees that, his next press conference will be a rant about your unrealistic expectations.

ManRed

I am curious how Poch does this season as him taking over is similar to when ETH took over at United. A lot of fans wanted Poch instead of ETH too. Chelsea did a better transfer window than ETH and has a better team balance too.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I wonder when questions will be raised about their regular business with City that helps both of them meet ffp rules

hobbers

It’s not his fault you mugs. Chelsea, the league and the world are not ready for his genius.

Ralph1386

When they signed him I told a Chelsea fan friend of mine that I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near him. Oh well…

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It’s kind of hard to flesh out a team with no residual experience and leadership. Pochettino is really good with interpersonal relationships, so I guess this will be a very slow building process.

Abraxas

Weird how he's gone for this 3 at the back continuation of the likes of Tuchel and Conte. Poch is not a manager I associate with that type of system.

There's obviously a personnel reason I'm missing that these managers go for it (even though Chelsea have signed a billion players), but for me, Poch should go back to basics and what he was known for in the PL. Forget pragamatism and worrying about your players weaknesses when you are against fecking Forest, feck fancy 3 at the back formations. Get your best attackers (as deficient as they may be) in their best positions, stop fannying around at the back, play your 2 best midfielders (Enzo and Caicedo) and stop clogging up the centre with average talent that just get in the way. Go out there and punish Forest.

It's as if they say that Thiago Silva is 67 so we need to play 3 at the back as he excels in that formation. For me, you don't build a system around a pensioner. He's probably okay in a 4 anyway, and if he is not then feck him off. I don't want to hear nonsense that it suits Ben Chilwell or Reece James when he was fit either. If Ben Chilwell is absolutely key your season is over before it has began because the guy never stays fit and he's just a normal, good player. He can play left back and deal with it. No reason whatsoever he can't.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I am curious how Poch does this season as him taking over is similar to when ETH took over at United. A lot of fans wanted Poch instead of ETH too. Chelsea did a better transfer window than ETH and has a better team balance too.
What makes you say their team is more balanced?

caid

I get why they play 3 at the back. They cant score so if they concede its game over basically. Yeah its kind of counterproductive but they cant make a decent attack no matter how they shuffle things around, making themselves hard to beat is doable.
i agree with pretty much everything abraxas above said though. Just playing devils advocate.

90 + 5min

I get why they play 3 at the back. They cant score so if they concede its game over basically. Yeah its kind of counterproductive but they cant make a decent attack no matter how they shuffle things around, making themselves hard to beat is doable.
i agree with pretty much everything abraxas above said though. Just playing devils advocate.
They play 3 at back because of following reasons. The only good defender they have is past 30s and is kind of speak, slow. Good but slow. So they need to cover up area around him. The other two who are actually not good enough are there because of poor scouting. How Chelsea went from Desailly, Terry, Carvalho, Luiz, Gallas, Ivanovic to these guys is tragic. Despite splashing money.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
On paper they look average at both ends of the pitch - goalkeeper and striker.

They have enough defenders for two Premier League back lines, but I guess the Nkunku injury really hurt them.

The lack of a target man will hurt most against teams like Forest that sit deep. I do believe Vlahovic could have done a good job at CFC.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
They play 3 at back because of following reasons. The only good defender they have is past 30s and is kind of speak, slow. Good but slow. So they need to cover up area around him. The other two who are actually not good enough are there because of poor scouting. How Chelsea went from Desailly, Terry, Carvalho, Luiz, Gallas, Ivanovic to these guys is tragic. Despite splashing money.
I have no issue with their defence, the likes of Disasi and Badiashile will come good. Not sure Thiago should start every game. Jury out on Fofana due to seriousness of his injury.

Their full-backs are great too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I disagree with that completely. We have a very good group of CBs but I think Silva is a huge a problem in that Poch is scared to drop him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is this a reference to something that happened in Paris?
Yes. PSG were criticized for their subpar performances and he moaned about expectations being too high, that PSG shouldn't be expected to win every games. That press conference was an eye opener, he isn't a winner at least not at the level required by top clubs, where you are definitely expected to win every games, it won't happen but it's the goal and you have to do it with style in most places.

Last edited:

caid

I disagree with that completely. We have a very good group of CBs but I think Silva is a huge a problem in that Poch is scared to drop him.
I can see why they want to get that experience on the pitch to be fair.