Pochettino sacked by Spurs

Wilt

I wonder could we pay him to just sit around and do nothing while we see how things work out with Ole.
I don’t see why not ...Pogba’s been sitting around for ages and been paid very well.

onemanarmy

Alderweireld just said on Belgian tv it was time for a new manager at Tottenham. He actually looked relieved. I wouldn't be surprised that the relation between Poch and his players is the reason players such as Vertonghen, Eriksen, Alderweireld haven't signed a new contract.

His face when the reporter suggested Mourinho was favourite though.

Castia

We should move heaven and earth to bring him in as DoF. So he can prepare. Then take over from Ole in the summer
What? Ole just goes about his daily job with Poch in the background? nothing to see here lads just carry on.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
would love at united, sadly don't think our board will act.

TheReligion

Abusive
I wonder which ex player Spurs will bring in - since that's the logical thing to do in such situations...

Or perhaps Spurs will be looking to the Norwegian League for their next manager...?

Both obviously sensible approaches.
Urghh when did you become such a terrible agenda driven poster. Sad.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I wonder which ex player Spurs will bring in - since that's the logical thing to do in such situations...

Or perhaps Spurs will be looking to the Norwegian League for their next manager...?

Both obviously sensible approaches.
Tim Sherwood?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Spurs are so dumb. Hope this is the beginning of the downward spiral for them. They should be careful what they wish for.

el3mel

And Chelsea, 1-1 at home v Liverpool (should have won) as well. Cherrypicking negativity.. just why bother?
Our last resurgence of 5 wins in 6 include 2 wins against the almighty Partizan, a win against 19th position in the league and a win in league cup. In the league we still couldn't achieve 2 wins in a row for those entire 12 matches. Till we put on a winning run in the league, it's logical to talk about a top PL manager to be hired here next season if things went, or kept going south.

MrVolley

Tim Sherwood?
Tim Sherwood would be the best appointment for all (except Spurs).

He'd be awful as a manager but even more importantly we wouldn't have to suffer him any longer as a pundit.

ghagua

Unfecking believable. What did Levy think he was going to achieve with no money being spent. Players are running down their contracts so that they can leave on a free as well. Serves Levy right.

Woody, time to get to work and get Poc in as soon as possible.

Banana Republic

Poch has done wonders at Spurs, but at the end of the day hasn’t won anything.
OK he hasn’t had the backing this year with strengthening the squad, but he’s not been able to keep control of the dressing room and evidently has failed to maintain team moral and confidence, judging by Spurs’ poor showing this season.

He is not going to be the sort of inspirational figure we’d need if Ole was to be replaced mid season.
Some people need to give up on this flawed fantasy.

a123

Supports
Liverpool
He took them to 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2 FA cup semi finals and 1 champions league final and they sack him at the first opportunity.

If they think hes lost the dressing room they should have got rid of the players he lost in the dressing room instead, because they wont be around at Tottenham for much longer anyway, theyre all running down their contracts.

Bloedrood

It seems to me that what screwed Pochettino was Spurs not buying any players whatsoever last year, and now players like Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen likely leaving on a free. I don't think he'd have been in this situation otherwise.

galwayfa

I would imagine the pay out will come will a clause saying he can't speak about the sacking or a certain amount of time to take of from managing again,

Mr Smith

Absolutely no loyalty, Spurs sack their best manager of the PL era because they might not make the UCL next season

Fecking joke
I get where you're coming from here, but I think it was inevitable. All the noise coming out of Spurs is that the players are burnt out and exhausted by his methods and sick of his regime-style leadership. Given that it's a choice between building a new squad or sacking ttge manager, and we all know which is cheaper.

I sort of think around 5 - 6 years is maybe the max most managers can spend at a club in the modern era. I reckon you'll see Guardiola and Klopp leave their clubs soon too. Even SAF had to rip up his team's every four or five seasons, but the difference is he was given the time and faith to do so, which I don't think modern clubs can risk, especially in the PL with the league being so competitive. Not saying it's right, but it's the way it is.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Well this is out of the blue. Thought Spurs/Levy would stick with Pochettino for atleast this campaign,if they were to finish in the top 6 that is.

I said in another thread not too long ago that the rumours linking Levy to Jose sounded like a match made in hell,and heaven for the rest of us (touch wood) but it seems at this moment in time the 'special one' (that's getting tired now,isn't it ? ) is the favourite.

As for Pochettino. He'll have a decent break. Recharge his managerial batteries and take a top job after the season draw to a close. Munich,Madrid,Juve and likely us up for grabs.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Great manager who just reached his peak at Spurs with the CL final last seson. Sometimes things just stop working, same happened for Klopp at Dortmund.

Will be interesting to see where he's going next. I can imagine Real are very interested.