Pochettino sacked by Spurs

Supports
England
Banned. Permanently probably. Don't know the reason.
Interesting. I liked the lad so that's a shame. He also didn't seem like the kind to manage to get himself banned. I wonder what he did.

Cheers.

United58

From Reddit:

I’m so tired. I’m tired of going into every match thread and seeing the same god damn thing.

“Pochettino has turned spurs into real contenders”

"Lad's, its Tottenham"

“Spursy”

“we got silverware this season for sure”

Guess the feckety fecking feck what. No they fecking don’t. They don’t got it. This is Tottenham Hotspur. There is no happiness here. We will not pull it out. We will leave it in there and the next thing you know you’re 33 years old with four kids, living in a council flat in Harringay, married to a semi-retired hooker from Nottingham, getting wankered on tesco value lager BECAUSE YOUR DA NEVER TAUGHT YOU THE OL COITUS INTERRUPTUS.

And dont bring your "progress under pochettino" bullshit up in here. PROGRESS ISN'T WINNING THE CALENDAR YEAR TABLE, PROGRESS IS WINNING feckING TROPHIES. Your progress gods have forsaken you. Losing in heartbreaking fashion time is your new god.

Ya wanna know what it’s like being a Spurs fan? It’s like getting ready to have sex with a girl and she slips your dick out of your pants, starts to blow you, then yanks the zipper up on your pants as hard as she can. And then says she's off to shag JAMIE feckING VARDY

IT TOOK THE SACRIFICE OF EVERY BIT OF CARTILAGE IN LEDLEY KINGS KNEE TO EVEN MAKE THIS CLUB COMPETITIVE.

don’t tell me it’ll get better. don’t tell me how to feel my feelings. I don’t want to hear “spurs are in an impossible situation” From Southgate. And I don’t want to hear fecking a fecking thing from United. feck you. You got your cups. I don’t want to hear about how we don’t have a winning mentality. WE’RE PUNCHING ABOVE OUR WEIGHT

One day I’ll die and the misery of being a Spurs fan will be over. I’ll be walking to take my place in heaven, I’ll walk up to the pearly gates, full of bliss and happiness with all my suffering over, there will be sweet calming music, and then all of a sudden from out of nowhere I’ll hear Sol Campbell say, “I'll never sign for Arsenal”. The music stops, dread fills my stomach, everything turns dark. Just then, a bright light shows up and Harry Kane appears. I feel the warmth again, everything will be alright. He leans forward as if to tell me something wonderful and whispers almost inaudibly, “It's lasagna for dinner mate” then kicks me right in the dick and shoves me off the edge to fall into a red and white room with my eyes taped open to watch this fecking match on repeat for the rest of eternity.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
That was unexpected. Bold call from Levy, only time will tell if this ambitious move was smart or short-sighted.

There's a very good squad there, but can they find another budget manager? Any big name will want to bring in some new names and let go of old ones. It'll be interesting to see if Levy will finally loosen the purse strings for the new name as well, especially in an environment where there's a vacuum after the top two and Arsenal are struggling post-Wenger.

Ban

Squishy was great but fell of the tracks since the start of the season due to awful Spurs form I guess.

el3mel

Interesting. I liked the lad so that's a shame. He also didn't seem like the kind to manage to get himself banned. I wonder what he did.

Cheers.
IIRC that was the day Andre Gomes got his injury against Spurs with Son getting sent off. Maybe he got irritated by the talk about Spurs being dirty and insulted someone or something.

I Am Zlatan

Why Bayern? Aren't they reticent of hiring any non-German speaking coaches after the disaster with Ancelotti?
I wasn’t aware that they only want German speaking coaches? I said Bayern because it’s the most logical, and the timing of everything.. either way, I hope I’m wrong, I would love it if he came here.

Supports
England
Absolutely no loyalty, Spurs sack their best manager of the PL era because they might not make the UCL next season

Fecking joke
Everyone said the CL run was flukey as hell at the time (and it was). Now they're going to reverse that narrative because it's convenient. God, I hate football fans sometimes.

His results and performances throughout this year, taken as a whole, have been diabolical and he would've been sacked by any other "big 6" club months ago. Why should Spurs be any different? By making this move, they're showing the big club ambitions that all the hypocrites have always said they need.

I don't usually put much stock in ITK but there have been consistent rumours that he's been trying to get himself fired for quite some time now and that some of the big players are sick of it. Based on his team selections, I can't help feeling there's something to the ITK in this case.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yeah I don't get the Bayern links either, Bayern have literally just put 7 past a Poch side away from home - at what point would they look at that and think "yeah this is the man for us"

NWRed

Can't help but think this is a massive mistake from Levy. The aging squad and Kane since his since being seemingly less mobile has meant they can't play Pochettino's high press anymore, the only solution to that is to regenerate the squad properly.

Sky saying Mourinho in talks to replace him, deal possible tomorrow. Should be interesting. They'll probably do OK this season under Mourinho but I can't imagine him lasting too long there under Levy.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Not surprised, it was on the cards really.

Spurs are just another club who are more ambitious than us. We are continuing to sink deeper into mid-table mediocrity but still seem content with an out of depth manager.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Everyone said the CL run was flukey as hell at the time (and it was). Now they're going to reverse that narrative because it's convenient. God, I hate football fans sometimes.

His results and performances throughout this year, taken as a whole, have been diabolical and he would've been sacked by any other "big 6" club months ago. Why should Spurs be any different? By making this move, they're showing the big club ambitions that all the hypocrites have always said they need.
So you quote me, say you hate football fans (so add those things together I guess you're saying you hate me) and all because of something I didn't even say

Okay

DoomSlayer

Yeah I don't get the Bayern links either, Bayern have literally just put 7 past a Poch side away from home - at what point would they look at that and think "yeah this is the man for us"
Because "Poch is amazing, omg I want to have his babies". :houllier:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Squishy was great but fell of the tracks since the start of the season due to awful Spurs form I guess.
You could at least talk to Squishy about something to do with Spurs and he had a modicum of objectivity about the discussion. As opposed to Glaston, talking to Glaston was like talking to a Spursy biased robot.

I guess now the wheels have fallen off at Spurs we wont be seeing Glaston any time soon. After all his bold predictions he is probably hiding out in India. He will return in a couple years time once Spurs have made their way out from mid table mediocrity. Which is where they are now.

As for Jose and Levy, that is a disaster waiting to happen. And I for one am eager to watch it unfold if it eventuates. But Spurs cannot be seriously considering Jose given how the club runs and what their focus is. Bringing through young academy players and buying young promising talent to develop. Jose is neither of those things, and also requires a large budget to work with, large budget and Levy do not get along.

I am curious to see if any players follow Pochettino out the door over Christmas transfer period. The whole reason Ndombele joined was to work under Pochettino I thought? Not under someone like Howe.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
It's unfair to him IMO. He has done a lot for spurs. Style of play and youth development, plus some good business in the market too. But yeah, trophies and results are what clubs prioritise above all.

fps

Unfecking believable. What did Levy think he was going to achieve with no money being spent. Players are running down their contracts so that they can leave on a free as well. Serves Levy right.

Woody, time to get to work and get Poc in as soon as possible.
Spurs spent over 100m this summer with an already very strong squad.

Abizzz

Fair point. They even fired the manager who did it :D

el3mel

Mourinho to Spurs is interesting. Will be kinda like Carlo when he got Napoli. Both weren't a job that have much pressure on the manager's head to deliver trophies. Anything won will be a bonus.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Poch had to go, Jose won’t join unless he has had promises. I’m dubious, The players must of had an influence.
Mourinho will get the sack and make Millions, again. That's a fact, which is worth more than a promise.