Pochettino sacked by Spurs

SER19

Because he’s a far better manager.

Because up until the beginning of the season he was regarded as the best manager in the world we can actually appoint. Pep and Klopp will never sign for this club.

I would trust Poch to do a much better job than Ole will ever do for this club. He goes for the right type of players in the market and his style of football is more how United fans want us to play.

I can’t believe there are people who want Ole over Poch. Are you seriously deluded? A run of two wins against Premier League minnows means we are on turn, seriously? What happens when we invariably lose to Sheffield United at the weekend?

Poch just got Spurs to a Champions League final without spending any money in the year. They are on a bad run. When a manager has achieved what has done with Spurs that should buy him time in situations like they are in.
Big pochettino fan, but considering he hadn't had lots to spend you have to question the record of some he bought. Some absolute shockers in there, or some decent players for huge fees

90 + 5min

I don't know why people are so suprised. It was written all over the wall.

The man hasn't won anything. He only took a team a step further then previous managers Spurs had. I think I worte this before but should be said again. He will be forgotten by Spurs fans and will go in the same book as Sherwood, Jol, Villas Boas, Ramos and Redknapp. Good squad and players. In topp 6. Playing attacking football. Winning nothing.

Deery

Dreary
If I was Son, Kane and Eriksen I’d make a stand and join United tomorrow...

but in all seriousness who takes charge in the mean time Sherwood?

Kemizee

Why are people surprised about this? Poch had done all he could with Spurs. Kept them in the top four season after season and also took them to the last Champs League final.

Call it sacking, departure by mutual consent, whatever... Some things just come to an end eventually. Unfortunately, it had to happen this way.

Guardiola had to leave Barca because of issues with the board and also inability to further motivate the Barca players. Sometimes you reach the end of the road and you need a fresh challenge. Happens in any and every professional career. This should not be a taint on Pochettino's ability as a manager as he is still a good manager who will excel in his next destination.

And this is the reason I consider Sir Alex the best manager ever. The ability to reinvent and alter approaches, keep motivating a bunch of serial winners, see of Abramovich's and Mansour's challenges and not crumble is to be used as a case study in 'how to remain a winner at the top' . Keeping the success train flying is easier than getting one.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Can you imagine a worse combo than Levy who doesn't want to spend a penny and Jose who wants hundreds of millions?

always_hoping

Biggest disappointing about this sacking is Spurs in Old Trafford in a few weeks will be harder to beat now as Spurs are sure to get a new manager bounce and get good run of results..

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Won 5 of our last 6 games :lol:.

We beat European minnows Partizan Belgrade twice, Norwich (bottom of the league), Brighton at home and Chelsea in the League cup.

Talk about manipulating statistics.
Manipulating statistics? I was pretty explicit that we've been in decent to good form for a month or so. That hardly constitutes being disingenuous does it?

dove

Biggest disappointing about this sacking is Spurs in Old Trafford in a few weeks will be harder to beat now as Spurs are sure to get a new manager bounce and get good run of results..
I think the only way to get a result is if we sack Ole. Then it would be a fairer battle of manager bounces.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't know why people are so suprised. It was written all over the wall.

The man hasn't won anything. He only took a team a step further then previous managers Spurs had. I think I worte this before but should be said again. He will be forgotten by Spurs fans and will go in the same book as Sherwood, Jol, Villas Boas, Ramos and Redknapp. Good squad and players. In topp 6. Playing attacking football. Winning nothing.
Yeh. Those manager were regularly having Spurs challenging for the League and Champions League.

Stacks

But Spurs just moved into their new stadium with state of the art training facilities and a proven manager. They are building with the likes of Eriksen Alderwereld Vertongen and Kane. Alli is on course to be the next big thing. They are as big as Juventus

arthurka

We have been complaining that OLE isn't gone, so with spurs in a worse state not really surprising to be honest.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Tottenham youth coach on the radio just now seemed to drop a big hint. Said to 'watch this space over the next 24-48 hours'.

Surely expecting a quick appointment for his replacement?

Edit: Probably the wrong thread.

thomas porter

Honestly I think the blame for Spurs downfall lies with Levy. It was obvious they needed 2 new fullbacks in the summer to continue to finish top 4 plus a few top class midfielders. They sold a fullback and signed NO ONE at that position and their midfield reinforcements so far have yet to produce. (Jury is still out there.) When you combine that with players who don't want to be there like Eriksen and underperforming players like Dele, Vertogen, Alderweild, & other you have a formula for disaster.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So Poch dragging Spurs over these years, and funding for that shinny new stadium. Once he drops a little bit, he's sacked.
Wow.. Spurs.

alexthelion

In 5 years he has taken an average Premier League side, made them a regular top 4 team, gets them to a Champions League final, whilst spending absolutely no money.

The expectation level of what is expected of Poch and Spurs is ridiculous now. How can they be expected to compete with City and Liverpool when he can’t buy players? Then Chelsea, us and Arsenal spend more than them and they have still competed.

Joke decision and I can guarantee Spurs will regret that decision.

Their players want out because Spurs can’t afford to give them pay rises comparable to other big clubs not because of Poch.
Hardly average, they were not that far away from where they are now when he joined.

Kemizee

If I was Son, Kane and Eriksen I’d make a stand and join United tomorrow...

but in all seriousness who takes charge in the mean time Sherwood?
:D As if we have been any better than Spurs in the last few years . Let's be honest, the only thing United has to offer top players in our current situation is money.

alexthelion

Hate when people mention this. What exactly are Spurs expected to win?

They can’t be expected to win anything domestic with teams like Man City & Liverpool around.
They could have at least won a cup but, no, absolutely nothing in the trophy cabinet.

Un4givableB

Because he’s a far better manager.

Because up until the beginning of the season he was regarded as the best manager in the world we can actually appoint. Pep and Klopp will never sign for this club.

I would trust Poch to do a much better job than Ole will ever do for this club. He goes for the right type of players in the market and his style of football is more how United fans want us to play.

I can’t believe there are people who want Ole over Poch. Are you seriously deluded? A run of two wins against Premier League minnows means we are on turn, seriously? What happens when we invariably lose to Sheffield United at the weekend?

Poch just got Spurs to a Champions League final without spending any money in the year. They are on a bad run. When a manager has achieved what has done with Spurs that should buy him time in situations like they are in.
Poch vs Ole is not an argument in the real world, only in the bizarro world of this place.

Drz

I don't understand what went wrong for Pochettino at Spurs.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
I think Levy might have put a clause that he cant manage in England for a year or two?
I dont want him to go to United :D Lets hope Ole keeps getting some good results which will keep him in United seat for some more time :wenger:

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Spurs deserve all they get. He's been amazing until this season and they should have been more patient.

Wonder how many of the players will be unsettled