Pogba and Fernandes

Suvvernmanc

I've been shouted down on here for saying Pogba needs better players around him to thrive but i stick to my opinion on that. Get him on with bruno and one of Fred/Scott and he will be much better i think.

Judas

Open to offers
I've been shouted down on here for saying Pogba needs better players around him to thrive but i stick to my opinion on that. Get him on with bruno and one of Fred/Scott and he will be much better i think.
:houllier::lol: hasn't basically everyone on here been saying that all along?! Who ever shouted you down would have been in the minority.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You don't accommodate them. Pogba can piss off.

Don't even give the prick playing time to get him in shape for the Euros. Fernandes is the future.
100% agree. Even if the French dabbing mercenary gets match fit, I really hope OGS does not give him first team status. We should build for the future, and reward players who want to be part of that future with maximum game time and opportunity.

Put Pogba on the bench and let him have a few mins every game so Bruno, Fred or McT can save their legs. That's all Pogba is worth to me now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Never understand this vehement hate for Pogba. Yes he’s your typical modern footballer but he’s also world class, and our player. If he’s fit before the end of the season he’s the difference between top 4 or not.
Pogba FanBoys never will.

Canagel

Pogba with creative help should be considered illegal. :lol: The guy has put up some of the best numbers in the league while surrounded by trash for at least 2 years ,last season top assists maker in PL from midfield. But he's tired of being the DM , he wants to be the number 10 but for some reason we don't want to play him at 10... Now with two 10's it might be a bad fit..

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'd like to see it too but I cant be bothered with Pogba anymore. If he does get fit and decides we are worthy of his effort then he should start on the bench and earn his place like most of our others players would.

Dante

Average bang
We've had 3 years of excuses for Pogba. He needs to be played in a specific position, with a specific type of player behind him, with a specific type of player ahead of him, with his manager giving him constant reassurance, etc. etc. Ever since he was bought, the commonly repeated mantra was always about 'freeing' Pogba.

Well, Fernandes has come in and stamped his own authority on the team without any of that fluff. This is what a proper player looks like.

Pogba has said he wants to leave. Evra and Raiola have also separately confirmed he wants to leave. Pogba's heart isn't in the club. We need to stop bending over backwards for him, when his performances aren't even consistently that good.

We've got 11 games left in the league. It's not worth trying to integrate a player for a handful of games when we're already in the process of trying come up with a new balance for the longer term. If it hasn't happened in 3 seasons, there's little chance we'll pull it off in the next couple of months. Especially when the player in question doesn't give a shit.

Mainoldo

I'd like to see it too but I cant be bothered with Pogba anymore. If he does get fit and decides we are worthy of his effort then he should start on the bench and earn his place like most of our others players would.
Well that won’t be hard considering he’s better than everyone else. He just needs to stretch and he starts.

Mainoldo

We've had 3 years of excuses for Pogba. He needs to be played in a specific position, with a specific type of player behind him, with a specific type of player ahead of him, with his manager giving him constant reassurance, etc. etc. Ever since he was bought, the commonly repeated mantra was always about 'freeing' Pogba.

Well, Fernandes has come in and stamped his own authority on the team without any of that fluff. This is what a proper player looks like.

Pogba has said he wants to leave. Evra and Raiola have also separately confirmed he wants to leave. Pogba's heart isn't in the club. We need to stop bending over backwards for him, when his performances aren't even consistently that good.

We've got 11 games left in the league. It's not worth trying to integrate a player for a handful of games when we're already in the process of trying come up with a new balance for the longer term. If it hasn't happened in 3 seasons, there's little chance we'll pull it off in the next couple of months.
Try Bruno as a DM in a two! Oh we did and he played just like Pogba. So so.

If we can get Bruno and Pogba in a midfielder 3. We might actually look good. Can’t wait for him to get back.

RedIan

Let him go if thats what he wants and reinvest the £120mil in 2 more who are of Brunos quality on the ball.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
It's going to be difficult to accommodate both of them. Fred has been outstanding, he is becoming our Kante type player and he cannot be dropped. Bruno also needs so be in there. So it's either Pogba or Mctomminay that drop out unless we change the system.

We could play a diamond midfield to accommodate all of them but then we will lack width. It's going to be quite the dilemma for Ole if they are all fit.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
IF we keep Pogba in the summer a proper holding midfielder could transform our team.

Against the lower sides Pogba and Bruno playing as 8s and taking turns to advance would cause major issues for teams.

Against the bigger sides I still feel you need to drop 1 of them and play McT or Fred alongside the DM.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Problem is who will score goals? Unless Ighalo/Martial/Mason raise their game.
But I see your point, FRED or SMT with Pogba and Bruno looks like the best midfield we got for years.

As Pogba not getting an big offers from other clubs he might stay and fight for team? You guys happy with that if it happens?

Looks like we are going to add some quality upfront in summer anyway so we might assemble a team capable of winning more games again.
I mean, Martial's on 15 on Greenwood's on 11 :lol: they're certainly not lacking goals, and naturally if we create more chances for them then they'll score more goals.

Mark Armstrong

The best thing about having Fernandes is that with his quality, passion and enthusiasm it will soften the blow for even the most dedicated Pogba fanboy, if indeed they still exist. If this was a Pogba OR Fernandes thread I think we know the answer.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It's going to be difficult to accommodate both of them. Fred has been outstanding, he is becoming our Kante type player and he cannot be dropped. Bruno also needs so be in there. So it's either Pogba or Mctomminay that drop out unless we change the system.

We could play a diamond midfield to accommodate all of them but then we will lack width. It's going to be quite the dilemma for Ole if they are all fit.
A diamond works with Rashford and Greenwood up top, as both are comfortable drifting out wide either side.

Possible problem of AWB being attacking enough, but he seems to be getting better going forwards.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Pogba with creative help should be considered illegal. :lol: The guy has put up some of the best numbers in the league while surrounded by trash for at least 2 years ,last season top assists maker in PL from midfield. But he's tired of being the DM , he wants to be the 10 so it might be a bad fit..
Yeah, I'm not even sure why this thread exist, the guy wants out. Why set ourselves up to be disappointed by him once again.

He could have been a legend here already if he applied himself and decided to be a real midfielder, instead of his head spinning in all directions when things went against him. He wanted to be Messi and probably still wants to be. Once he realises his limitations he will be a great midfielder, probably later into his 30's. He wont want to play behind Bruno, he'll probably be jealous and not work as hard defensively. I would just forget about the guy, he clearly isn't worth it.

mancan92

We've got 11 games left in the league. It's not worth trying to integrate a player for a handful of games when we're already in the process of trying come up with a new balance for the longer term. If it hasn't happened in 3 seasons, there's little chance we'll pull it off in the next couple of months. Especially when the player in question doesn't give a shit.
Your acting as if pogba hasn't already stamped his mark on the team. In his first game he proved he was our best player. Let's see where Bruno is a few months down the line.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Pogba FanBoys never will.
I’m not a Pogba fan boy. It’s ridiculous that for/against categories have even been conjured up to be honest.

We all acknowledge he’s an issue. But he’s a world class talent, and he steps us up a level. Ideally he wouldn’t be the dickhead he is but when he’s fit again we’ll notice the difference.

Black.Ghost

Let him go if thats what he wants and reinvest the £120mil in 2 more who are of Brunos quality on the ball.
He is without doubt a world class player on his day, and I don't think he has been too bad for us. It clearly didn't work between him and JM, but it didn't work out between JM and many players. This year he has barely featured. If he got rid of that fcukwit agent of his, he'd be much better off, whoever he ends up with.

That being said, I'll be impressed if we get £120 million for him. I'd rather see him turn it round, even if it's just for one more season with us, and prove how good he can be. I think things are falling in place, finally, with the team, and he might just have enough quality around him to shine. I'd be inclined to sit Fred in front of a back four, and let Pogba and Bruno move around with freedom, let Martial and Rashford swap around and go big for Sancho on the right.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I’m not a Pogba fan boy. It’s ridiculous that for/against categories have even been conjured up to be honest.

We all acknowledge he’s an issue. But he’s a world class talent, and he steps us up a level. Ideally he wouldn’t be the dickhead he is but when he’s fit again we’ll notice the difference.
I don't agree that he is 'world class' or that he has ever really 'stepped us up a level'.

We have 11 games left and it seems as we now have real team commitment and unity and are in with a real chance for top 4.

All that has been achieved without Pogba. I don't want that to be disrupted for a mercenary prima donna whose only priority is to get fit for France and then leave our club. I would rather we miss out on top 4 than insult and demotivate Fred or McTominay who are key to our future .

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Your acting as if pogba hasn't already stamped his mark on the team. In his first game he proved he was our best player. Let's see where Bruno is a few months down the line.
:lol:. When was that then?

Suvvernmanc

:houllier::lol: hasn't basically everyone on here been saying that all along?! Who ever shouted you down would have been in the minority.
He was a clueless idiot that's for sure.

But a few people on here seem to think hes just a poor player, as his performances havent been great at times for us. Its not a coincidence that he was great for Juve and is great for France.

Schmeichel=God

This would be my preferred; with a real attacking verve and reverting to two strikers peeling into channels if necessary. Pogba and Fernandes would naturally find themselves more advanced than the other at different points depending on when/where the ball is won back/which side the attack is built from. So no worries about two 8s.

With a four at the back of course a diamond could work behind two strikers, but what would be the point in having Pogba/Fernandes as 8's playing shorter balls to a no.10, instead of releasing pacey forwards. I'm not a fan of how our 433 has been but one can't deny that this on paper is seriously dangerous.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba can feck off. No way has he missed 90% of season so far legit. There's games going on. His injuries haven't even been that serious and yet it's nearly March and he's barely played.

He's trying to force a move and it will work this time.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was literally our top scorer last season
Helps when the entire team is set up around you and you're so selfish you hog all the penalties to inflate your numbers, denying your team mate strikers valuable opportunities to increase their own self confidence.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This would be my preferred; with a real attacking verve and reverting to two strikers peeling into channels if necessary. Pogba and Fernandes would naturally find themselves more advanced than the other at different points depending on when/where the ball is won back/which side the attack is built from. So no worries about two 8s.

With a four at the back of course a diamond could work behind two strikers, but what would be the point in having Pogba/Fernandes as 8's playing shorter balls to a no.10, instead of releasing pacey forwards. I'm not a fan of how our 433 has been but one can't deny that this on paper is seriously dangerous.

The top one is insane.

2nd one rashford needs to swap with Martial, and I’d have mctominay as backup to Bruno, and we need to sign a good deep lying midfielder with excellent passing abilities.

mancan92

Helps when the entire team is set up around you and you're so selfish you hog all the penalties to inflate your numbers, denying your team mate strikers valuable opportunities to increase their own self confidence.
Pogba also had the highest chance creation by far. Is he also hogging all the chances he created for the rest?

Skills

Snitch
You need the right coach to pull it off. Guardiola got it working with De-Bruyne and Silva but even for him there were some teething pains. It's going to take quite a bit of coaching to get the best out of both without leaving your defence exposed.

sp_107

This. His brother also confirmed that everyone knows Pogba wants to leave. Let him go if his heart is not here but who will pay 100M ?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pogba also had the highest chance creation by far. Is he also hogging all the chances he created for the rest?
Again not that remarkable given the entire team was set up to go through him specifically so he would create ‘assists’.

Not that impressive when that’s your specific role and every other player is busting their gut to make that happen.

Pogba who? I'm happy with a midfield of Fernandes, McTominay and Fred. Pogba has put himself above both team and club. He can go f off.

King Eric 7

Fernandes is the Pogba replacement brought forward. Ole will obviously shoehorn Pogba into the team when fit and it will be interesting to see what happens but it seems like the midfield will be imbalanced with both of them there.

Our rebuild is all about getting rid of players who don't want to be here. So Pogba should be first out of the door this summer and we can buy a player who will compliment Fred and Bruno in midfield.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Pogba stamped his authority on the team in his debut too, while not playing in what many deemed his best position. Undoubtedly Fernandes comes with less baggage but the notion that he's doing something Pogba couldn't manage is clearly false.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Pogba stamped his authority on the team in his debut too, while not playing in what many deemed his best position. Undoubtedly Fernandes comes with less baggage but the notion that he's doing something Pogba couldn't manage is clearly false.

Was going to post something similar myself.

I keep hearing that Bruno's done something Pogba has never done, how he's the player they thought Pogba was going to be, etc.

Bruno's doing well but people are rewriting history. The difference is hopefully Bruno can keep it up.

Schmeichel=God

The top one is insane.

2nd one rashford needs to swap with Martial, and I’d have mctominay as backup to Bruno, and we need to sign a good deep lying midfielder with excellent passing abilities.
I feel any DLM we go for predominantly needs to be an agile yet not diminutive adept tackler. As long as he can find a simple ball to Fernandes and Pogba ahead of him they can use their excellent passing skills to create.

If there was a superb DCM with passing too, then all the better. But I would prefer to go for as close to a Matic build as possible with a dose of the agility and ground cover of Fred. And that's where I end up with McT. Tenacious, combative, good build, yet not agile/technical enough imo to repeatedly negotiate/create in a final third.

What names would you ideally like as your DLM?