Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TsuWave

C'Mon.....

You've been told a million times - Don't exaggerate

Or are you Raiola in disguise ??

We're not what we were, but we're a Top 6 team, with some decent but admittedly underperforming EPL players.

Pogba just has to contribute more than he has up to now - he certainly isn't expected to carry 9 outfield bums on his shoulders simply because most of us have longe since recognised that he isn't good enough to do it himself half the time let alone carry the other 9....who, by the way, have been carrying him quite a lot this past season.
Are you feeling ok? I don't know if you're being purposely obtuse or if its something else.

how can anyone look at this and say "Pogba just has to contribute more" or "the others have been carrying him quite a lot this past season"

???

The guy has no help, no functional right side, no functional left side, no other creative source from midfield, and to add insult to injury, he has shit strikers leading the line. Pogba is leading United on majority of core attacking contributions. He has also outproduced majority of CM's in the league despite many of them playing for much more functional teams.

Pogba IS carrying 9 outfield bums.

Canagel

He might be the best player for Utd, but that is like being the best looking man in the serious burns ward. The competition is not exactly strong...
What does competition have to do with it? There is no competition because he is far ahead of his teammates. Sorry but what he's not doing is very strange to focus on it. The things that actually matters like playing good football and building cohesive team is far more important talking point than Pogba and these stats proves what an utter failure we have been in it.

Stevondo8

Pogba IS carrying 9 outfield bums.
That must be why he had to walk 64% of the time he was on the pitch, more than any other midfielder in the league (according to a quick google)...too much weight.

I think we can all agree that Pogba is a world class talent, but there's a big difference between a world class talent and a world class player. I'd rather someone who was a guaranteed 7/10 every week than the odd 9/10 followed by 3 or 4 5/10's.

What exactly is a duel btw?

sp_107

News coming out that, Real-Madrid assured Mbappe for a late bid in this window means they may not be too serious about Pogba and buy him only if he is available for 100M range. I hope Pogba can pick Juve so that we can go-ahead with our other business.

Hazard,Benzema,Mbappe, Pogba,Casimiro, Kroos in front 6. That is some line-up.

Rolaholic

News coming out that, Real-Madrid assured Mbappe for a late bid in this window means they may not be too serious about Pogba and buy him only if he is available for 100M range. I hope Pogba can pick Juve so that we can go-ahead with our other business.

Hazard,Benzema,Mbappe, Pogba,Casimiro, Kroos in front 6. That is some line-up.
Still not sure how Juve could afford him when they had to dip into their reserves/external sources of revenue to pay Ronaldo's fee. They're also already bringing in 2 MF's this summer with Rabiot and Ramsey

I feel like he'll stay until next season before Real can pony up a sum to our liking either in January like Barcelona with Coutinho or next summer. Either way it would give the club more than enough time to thoroughly search and identify potential long term replacements.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Still not sure how Juve could afford him when they had to dip into their reserves/external sources of revenue to pay Ronaldo's fee. They're also already bringing in 2 MF's this summer with Rabiot and Ramsey

I feel like he'll stay until next season before Real can pony up a sum to our liking either in January like Barcelona with Coutinho or next summer. Either way it would give the club more than enough time to thoroughly search and identify potential long term replacements.
well rabiot's not a given and isn't Ramsey going on a free?

Gandalf

well rabiot's not a given and isn't Ramsey going on a free?
It is not so much the fee as the salaries. Ramsey was rumoured to be getting 400k a week and once you factor in signing bonuses presumably Rabiot would be around the same too which surely would hit their cashflow pretty hard. With Sarri now supposedly prioritizing his buddy Jorginho as well it is hard to imagine they are in for all of these midfield targets.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It is not so much the fee as the salaries. Ramsey was rumoured to be getting 400k a week and once you factor in signing bonuses presumably Rabiot would be around the same too which surely would hit their cashflow pretty hard. With Sarri now supposedly prioritizing his buddy Jorginho as well it is hard to imagine they are in for all of these midfield targets.
true.. although salaries always seem to come from a "different pot of money" somehow! maybe they will allow us to get rabiot if we agree to sell pogba (and I find a £1m note down the back of the sofa!!)

jackal&hyde

Fairly certain he'll stay and this is crappy contract negotiations in the Rooney, Ramos style. I don't have much faith in footballers but i still doubt that just a month or so ago he would tell Ole that he stays and a couple of weeks before preseason have a major turn.

If i'm right and he signs a new contract he will probably come out with "i was convinced by the new project, future of the club" bollocks.

poleglass red

Some stats that maybe give a more fuller picture of Mr Pogba
Out of 149 Premier League midfielders measured last season, Pogba comes 8th in percentage of time spent walking (38.13 per cent), and 141st in average distance per 90 minutes (10.61km). His average speed of 6.56kmph is also ranked 134th.
Defensively, his 0.54 interceptions per game has him 126th out of 149 midfielders and his 1.14 tackles per game puts him 113th, but he does win on average seven duels per game, ranking him 21st.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Out of 149 Premier League midfielders measured last season, Pogba comes 8th in percentage of time spent walking (38.13 per cent), and 141st in average distance per 90 minutes (10.61km). His average speed of 6.56kmph is also ranked 134th.
Defensively, his 0.54 interceptions per game has him 126th out of 149 midfielders and his 1.14 tackles per game puts him 113th, but he does win on average seven duels per game, ranking him 21st.
Well those aren’t particularly thrilling stats.

Full bodied red

They're the sort of stats that most of us use to measure PP's contribution - not comparisons with our own underperforming megastars....

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
whilst playing in much better teams and with arguably the best manager of all time. None of them ever had the responsibility of carrying 9 outfield bums on their shoulders and over the hill or unproven managers on their back.

also, i agree with this tweet:

That's bollocks because we need new DM and b2b wheather Pogba stays or go, so when people say who we should buy if Pogba leaves they add another creative player on top of it.

tjb

So how do you explain this? How can he be "only about himself" when he's the only one producing for the team? Is he making the other players bad? I don't get..He's not only our top scorer he is topping every department while our well oiled machine rivals has 5/6 players sharing the duties. A joke was made about "Pogba FC" or something but this is exactly what we have become whether we like it or not- akin to Barca's reliance on Messi. The other one man team in PL just sold him to Madrid.

I see something completely different when i see this. I think we have spent so much time thinking about how to make pogba shine than the entire team, and that is reflected in those stats. For example, penalties, he's not the best in the squad at them, but he takes them all the time. We make sure that the ball passes through him most of the time. He is our most creative player, but I feel, particularly this season, we tried too hard to appease him.

Canagel

Walking is not the issue. It's just a style of play. Some players doesn't need to run like headless chickens and lets the ball do the work instead. Where's our DM's in defensive interceptions? Nowhere to be seen.
He walked and topped all the stats in the team by walking. very damning on all the players in our team that runs all day and brings feck all to the table.

tjb

I think that Utd planned to let Pogba go prior to the end of the season, but Pogba made assurances to the club that he would stay at least one more year, so we cooled our interest in certain names that were coming out of the presses. Then Pogba decided to blab to the media that he wanted to go. Personally I would sell him to Juventus and get douglas costa, and use the rest of the money for an attacking midfielder. We are not as reliant on him as some of the above stats suggests, we just made the mistake of trying to build around him.

clarkydaz

I think that Utd planned to let Pogba go prior to the end of the season, but Pogba made assurances to the club that he would stay at least one more year, so we cooled our interest in certain names that were coming out of the presses. Then Pogba decided to blab to the media that he wanted to go. Personally I would sell him to Juventus and get douglas costa, and use the rest of the money for an attacking midfielder. We are not as reliant on him as some of the above stats suggests, we just made the mistake of trying to build around him.
If its true he told ole he would be here then drops the grenade the moment he is on the other side of the world, he has dumped on ole who has only been respectful to him

poleglass red

Walking is not the issue. It's just a style of play. Some players doesn't need to run like headless chickens and lets the ball do the work instead. Where's our DM's in defensive interceptions? Nowhere to be seen.
He walked and topped all the stats in the team by walking. very damning on all the players in our team that runs all day and brings feck all to the table.
He topped the stats of a team who just came 6th in pl. A team that plays 2 defensive mids in a midfield 3 to cover him so he doesn't have to track back. He takes all our PK's. Walking is a problem in pl, as players do not get the time on the ball that they do in Europe. The times where he has looked good is when he keeps his game simple and moves the ball quickly. When he does that slow run/walk with ball and drags his foot over it and stands one foot on the ball, it kills all impetus of our attack. Our front line is based on pace, get the ball to them quickly, once he slows that down, the other team have regrouped and our pace advantage is negated. The goal he give to Rash v Spurs is him at his best, quick accurate pass, Rash put it away, no fussing around. This notion that he doesn't have to do any defensive work is nonsense. He has the physique and capability to be doing so much more in games. Having to play 2 defensive mids to accomodate him is also nonsense, as that reduces the creativity from midfield.

tjb

If its true he told ole he would be here then drops the grenade the moment he is on the other side of the world, he has dumped on ole who has only been respectful to him
Personally i feel as a club it would benefit us to let him go. I dont think he's a bad player, but i think he struggles with the pace of the league rather than just his attitude. To win the league, you need energetic players in midfield, particularly as utd are going with pace for the future. Unless Pogba devotes himself completely to a no. 10 role, i do notb like the fit.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Sure, but it should give the people who can’t wait to get rid of him a modicum of pause.
Absolutely correct. But I am pointing out that the infographic is pitching Pogba against a fairly ordinary team.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Putting everything that has happened aside and whatever fan opinion of him might be, it’s just so depressing how everything keeps turning out.

I remember his (2nd) debut against Southampton and having the same feeling I had when we signed Rooney. The perfect physical specimen with great vision and unbelievable technique, when he’s on form he looks like the only man on the field playing against 15 year olds.

It’s such a damn shame we just don’t seem to get any real benefit out of players anymore.

tony54

Has he gone yet. Let him play for a club he wants to play for and I will sincerely wish that club the best of luck.
He is not a man utd type of player and I still maintain his engine is not reliable or missing torque. It misfire 2 out if 3 games.

ZLATAN9

Paul Pogba even though on his day can perform as good as anybody but how many days like that does he have?

He messes up his penalties. Lose possession too often and too easy. For his height cannot defend with his head he lets us down on set pieces and corners all the time. Can't take a free kick. Won't run back. Poisons the dressing room. And that's when he's happy at the club. These are just a few things to state but if we think he is going to stay and be like Ronaldo then we got another thing coming.

Get him gone ONLY if we can use the money.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Paul Pogba even though on his day can perform as good as anybody but how many days like that does he have?

He messes up his penalties. Lose possession too often and too easy. For his height cannot defend with his head he lets us down on set pieces and corners all the time. Can't take a free kick. Won't run back. Poisons the dressing room. And that's when he's happy at the club. These are just a few things to state but if we think he is going to stay and be like Ronaldo then we got another thing coming.

Get him gone ONLY if we can use the money.
So if he is this awful how much do you expect to get for him?

ZLATAN9

So if he is this awful how much do you expect to get for him?
Like I said on he's day he's as good as anybody but for us he's too inconsistent for what we want him to be but at Juventus he will be a star in that lower league

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So it seems that Pogba phoned Sarri to urge him to do everything possible to get him back to Juve.

Is this allowed ?
Shouldn't United give him a hefty punishment ?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In theory it's simple.
Sell him high, and use it to buy 3 much needed starters.

It's very hard to see us getting either part right though.

He'sRaldo

Look at a list of some of the signings who, for one reason or the other, have not worked out while Pogba has been here: Mkhitaryan, Alexis, Fred, Bailly, Matic, Lukaku, Grant.

Now not all the signings were complete failures (Matic, Lukaku), and I won't add Lindelof as he's still young and has been improving (even though maybe based on his first one and a half seasons he deserves to be on there as well).

7/11 signings. That's almost all of the players signed during Pogba's time here. After seeing 3 seasons of these kinds of signings I can understand why Pogba doesn't trust the board at Man Utd to sort itself out. Especially when not one signing has been a resounding success.

Now we can sell Pogba and that's fine, I hope we get a good exorbitant fee for him if we do. But the real issue is what exactly is going to change to stop these kinds of signings from happening again; and if they do happen again, who will be able to carry us while we try to sort it out?

buchansleftleg

So it seems that Pogba phoned Sarri to urge him to do everything possible to get him back to Juve.

Is this allowed ?
I'm dubious about this because of the source. If there was any truth in it I'd put him on a disciplinary and threaten to sue him for breach of contract and reputational damage by subverting a commercial trip for his own agenda.

Action short of dismissal would be a pay reduction.

Wrap him and his agent up in red tape and legal costs then sell him to Real Madrid and watch their fans hate him and abuse him when he tries to play half arsed.

Last edited:

SteveW

Putting everything that has happened aside and whatever fan opinion of him might be, it’s just so depressing how everything keeps turning out.

I remember his (2nd) debut against Southampton and having the same feeling I had when we signed Rooney. The perfect physical specimen with great vision and unbelievable technique, when he’s on form he looks like the only man on the field playing against 15 year olds.

It’s such a damn shame we just don’t seem to get any real benefit out of players anymore.
From an aesthetic viewpoint I have absolutely loved watching him over the last few years and will really miss him if he goes. What ever people say about him there was rarely a game where he didn't do something just beautiful. Absolutely unique.

Andersonson

Never really rated him or that kind of midfielder to be fair. Had the same opinion about Gerrard as a midfielder.

Sure, can win matches, but on average he really aint a midfielder. Neither of them could controll a match.

Sterling Archer

Is this allowed ?
Need a big graphic to catch people's attention on this one - if true that's fecking disgraceful. I'm starting to feel less and less sympathies for the virus description ...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I see people are empathising with Pogba being frustrated at the owners lack of ambition. If that were really the story, he would not do himself any harm by going public with that. He'd have the majority of the fans on board. But that's not the story is it? I believe this was only a stepping stone with Raiola ready to line his pockets again. A move to Juve would probably be ideal for the pair, then they can take the money train again when Real come knocking later.

3 years of great promise, enormous off-field disruption, moments of magic, frustrating periods of inconsistency and some instances of a lack of application looking criminally intentional.

And he thinks he's had his best season. Jesus wept.

Steerpike

Never really rated him or that kind of midfielder to be fair. Had the same opinion about Gerrard as a midfielder.

Sure, can win matches, but on average he really aint a midfielder. Neither of them could controll a match.
Really? - I'd have taken Gerrard in a heartbeat.

He was a committed performer with some real quality, and he rarely produced anything less than a 7/10 performance. It's just a shame that he wasted his career.

Devils11

Pogba would be a world class player in a Madrid or Juve shirt. Clubs that are dominating over their opposition.

Unless we suddenly decide to play like City, he would likely struggle in our team. Sell him and reinvest would be a good decision instead of offering 500k new contract.

The Purley King

Gerrard was twice the player pogba is. Had drive, determination, less technique than pogba but being an effective footballer is about way more than judging your YouTube highlights when you are 35.
Although Gerard’s wouldn’t be bad tbh!

gulli_G

Varane + Kroos + £50 and a bag of crisps, done deal with Florentino. Plus never deal with Raiola again.