Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't know if it's true because I never watch our press conferences when a player signs (why would you?) but heard on the TalkShite yesterday that in Pogba's first press conference he was asked what he wanted to achieve. You would expect him to say win PL or CL but, according to the pundit, he said: "Win the balloon D'or". Says everything I need to know...

lsd

The Oracle
I don't know if it's true because I never watch our press conferences when a player signs (why would you?) but heard on the TalkShite yesterday that in Pogba's first press conference he was asked what he wanted to achieve. You would expect him to say win PL or CL but, according to the pundit, he said: "Win the balloon D'or". Says everything I need to know...

Something you don't know is true says everything you need to know ?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Something you don't know is true says everything you need to know ?
And it's not true, when asked he says multiple times that his goal is to win titles, that the club needs to win titles. The interviewer asks the question again later and he then mentioned the Ballon d'Or as a personal goal but only after mentioning that he wants to win the league with United, because he didn't before joining Juventus, and the Champions League.

lsd

The Oracle
And it's not true, when asked he says multiple times that his goal is to win titles, that the club needs to win titles. The interviewer asks the question again later and he then mentioned the Ballon d'Or as a personal goal but only after mentioning that he wants to win the league with United, because he didn't before joining Juventus, and the Champions League.

I'm not surprised there are far to many people who are determined to blame Pogba for everything wrong with Utd .

Sarri left Chelsea after a good season because he was tired of fans abusing him and I don't blame him .

lsd

The Oracle
dear me.. it's pretty obvious that "if true" is in there. but maybe not clear enough for you

You quoted something that turned out to be wrong yet you said it told it told you all you need to know .

Plus why post something that if it did happen which it didn't took place years ago anyway ?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You quoted something that turned out to be wrong yet you said it told it told you all you need to know .

Plus why post something that if it did happen which it didn't took place years ago anyway ?
because as I said, if true it told me enough about Pogba. Where has it been proved wrong?

RedDevilUnited369

As this transfer window moves on, is the feeling that losing Pogba will be the worst thing that can happen this year starting to set in?

Not confident of getting Bruno and Spurs have made their move for Ndombele. We have McTominay.

sp_107

Seems Cancelo is not coming to us as it appears we have signed AWB

Do you take 120M+Sandro for Pogba? Seems all went quite and some noise coming out that Juventus is his preferred destination.

We could ask Juventus to leave Rabiot to us as part of this deal. Looks like they will be happy with that as they are more warming up for Pogba's arrival.

With this we could fix LB and CM plus we can have 120M cash to fix CD/RW.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Do you take 100M+Cancelo for Pogba? Seems all went quite and some noise coming out that Juventus is his preferred destination.

We could ask Juventus to leave Rabiot to us as part of this deal. Looks like they will be happy with that as they are more warming up for Pogba's arrival.
We’ve just signed AWB, so no.

Rolaholic

Good,a Pogba + Fernandes MF would be intriguing to see at the least

Trophy Room

Our best player and better than any other midfielder available. I doubt we’ll sell him this season. Top 4 is too important to attract quality to replace him.

sp_107

There is an article saying Pogba wants to leave because he thinks SAF is still the key person at UTD and he is giving a cold shoulder to Pogba as he doesnt like him.If that is what Pogba can come up for his departure, he must be very thick.

I dont think Pogba will get hugs from SAF, Isnt it?

DoomSlayer

There is an article saying Pogba wants to leave because he thinks SAF is still the key person at UTD and he is giving a cold shoulder to Pogba as he doesnt like him.If that is what Pogba can come up for his departure, he must be very thick.

I dont think Pogba will get hugs from SAF, Isnt it?
I doubt that is true, but if it is, it would further show how weak-willed all our star players are.

Lukaku has been moaning since March/April about loving the Seria A as he wasn't an undisputed starter under Ole, Martial sulks at the slightest obstacle, competition or criticism, Sanchez constantly throws hissy fits on the field when his teammates don't pass to him, because they know he will lose the ball, De Gea is having yet another year of contract sagas and he just hasn't developed into a Van der Saar or Schmeichel type of defensive leader.

I'm seriously disappointed by most of our players, there are only a few that I can connect to on a personal and emotional level.

davidmichael

If we sign Longstaff or Rice as well as Fernandes to play alongside Pogba then I think we'll see a far better and more dynamic midfield than last season, if we were to sell Pogba for £150 million and bought 3 players in with that money I’d be all for it but Pogba is by far our best player.

Le Red

I'm seriously disappointed by most of our players, there are only a few that I can connect to on a personal and emotional level.
You are lucky, I have none. The closest is Rashford, but his attitude has disappointed me lately.
Some of them still might grow on me with time though.
I suspect Dan James will be my favorite soon.

tony54

Let's face it mu have the biggest number of complete losers of any team in the english league by a long margin.
And Pogba is in the thick of it all along some of the others.
I suspect he and another attitude player neymar are not as wanted as they suspect and hence why no one has put a firm bid in for either.
Mag to grid get rid, of all the whingers and sulkers, I'm getting peed off with them all.

DoomSlayer

Let me guess: Lindelof, Shaw and McTominay?
What exactly are you trying to imply? I can already guess it to be honest, but I'm not going to give you the pleasure of reacting to it.

Yes, I appreciate the mentioned players, alongside the likes of A. Pereira and Rashford, who along with Martial used to be my 2 favourite current United footballers by far, until Marcus' recent bromance with Lingard. I don't like the way his attitude on the pitch has changed, used to be a much more motivated and team-orientated player. Now Rashford seems a lot more frustrated and self-entitled on the pitch than before. I'm not going to mention the off-field antics, already addressed that in another thread.

I still have faith in both Tony and Marcus though, although they seriously need to step up this season, and show much more willingness and ambition on the pitch. The fans have backed both of them to the hill since their debuts until the recent shit on a stick performances, we all know that they can become world class players but it's up to them to get over the obstacles and take the criticism to polish their game.

Womp

idiot
Keeping a player who doesn't want to be here is never a good idea. The money we could get from him could completely revolutionize the midfield.

Revaulx

I doubt that is true, but if it is, it would further show how weak-willed all our star players are.

Lukaku has been moaning since March/April about loving the Seria A as he wasn't an undisputed starter under Ole, Martial sulks at the slightest obstacle, competition or criticism, Sanchez constantly throws hissy fits on the field when his teammates don't pass to him, because they know he will lose the ball, De Gea is having yet another year of contract sagas and he just hasn't developed into a Van der Saar or Schmeichel type of defensive leader.

So am I. Question is, why do all our star players turn out like this? Granted other clubs occasionally have similar issues: Chelsea with Hazard seems an obvious one; it seems to be only us where the problem is on such a massive scale.

Do we just happen to sign cnuts, or is there something going on at the club that turns them into cnuts? The latter seems more likely but I’m really not sure.

USREDEVIL

Keeping a player who doesn't want to be here is never a good idea. The money we could get from him could completely revolutionize the midfield.
Yeah but that might not be a good thing. I'm hoping this is blown out of proportion by the media, that Pogba gets back on track, and that if he is looking to move that he later changes his mind ala Wayne Rooney.

George The Best

So am I. Question is, why do all our star players turn out like this? Granted other clubs occasionally have similar issues: Chelsea with Hazard seems an obvious one; it seems to be only us where the problem is on such a massive scale.

Do we just happen to sign cnuts, or is there something going on at the club that turns them into cnuts? The latter seems more likely but I’m really not sure.
Hazard still turned it on for Chelsea despite wanting to go to RM.

Guapa

Hope he's gone, terrible attitude and lazy and will not change .Get rid asap and start building for the future.

Gandalf

The money is not there for him right now it seems. Short of some fairly rapid sales at Real or Juve I think both of those clubs would struggle to come up with a fee that we could agree to. I actually think Pogba is pretty realistic and would understand if a deal cannot be brokered this summer and would not down tools if it comes to it. If we are straight with him and let him know that next summer if he still feels he wants to move and there is a club willing to meet the asking price we won't stand in his way then I believe he will give his best for the next 12 months. If you don't trust his professionalism then trust his ego, he won't want to look bad and he won't want to tarnish his reputation with poor performances.