Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I wouldn't keep someone like Pogba against his will so it would be wise to at least consider a money + swap deal. An 80m + Dybala deal or an 100m & Asensio could do the trick.
Like Lukaku, we apparently we're willing to do a deal for Skrinnar but he doesn't fancy us. There's no guarantee a player like Dybala wants to come here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Like Lukaku, we apparently we're willing to do a deal for Skrinnar but he doesn't fancy us. There's no guarantee a player like Dybala wants to come here.
Skinny had just signed a long term contract with Inter. He won't be moving anytime soon. Dybala on the other hand had been struggling at Juventus who now seem to want Icardi.

ZLATAN9

As much as I think he is our best player on his day, we can't keep a player if he wants to go he will poison the dressing room even more.

I say Ole gives Harry Rednapp a call he might take Pogba to the airport for us!

Last edited by a moderator:

jackal&hyde

Keeping him would be the best piece of business we can do this summer. If by this time next year we are still miles away from competing, then fair enough, he should be allowed to leave to win trophies somewhere else while still in his prime.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think the club should force him to make a video where he apologizes for his comment. Verratti style.

lsd

The Oracle
I think we should support him and the team instead of another season of hating on him for rubbish the press stirs up

Jib

I think the club should force him to make a video where he apologizes for his comment. Verratti style.
He was abused by the fans, the british media hate him since day one and some of our ex players ( Scholes, Neville and Keane particulary ) are bullying him since his comeback.

And now we are playing the Europa League again while Real Madrid, Juventus etc want to sign him and play CL football without being the scapegoat every day.

It's just very honest from him to say that he wants to leave.

I don't understand why he should apologize.

He isn't our slave :houllier:

Kostur

海尔的老板
He was abused by the fans, the british media hate him since day one and some of our ex players ( Scholes, Neville and Keane particulary ) are bullying him since his comeback.

And now we are playing the Europa League again while Real Madrid, Juventus etc want to sign him and play CL football without being the scapegoat every day.

Please stop bullying Pogba!!!!!!

tjb

Not sure he can get a move, his valuation is much higher than his level of production at the moment, plus Utd is a hard team to buu from. He could be crucial if he stays and picked a role. I would have been ok with him moving on, but just as fine with him staying, even if its just to allow us settle with signings before leaving.

Marcelinho87

Think he is by far our best player and we really should be striving to keep him BUT I think this is too far gone now, at first you could defend him from the press but when the entirety of the media plus ex players and now fans are on his back... It becomes too difficult to keep him as he likely feels pushed at this point.

Rolaholic

I think we should support him and the team instead of another season of hating on him for rubbish the press stirs up
Well that's far too sensible for the cafe where everything is a black and white zero sum game dominated by agendas

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
If we sell Pogba we are losing our greatest marketing asset. I'm sure this has been mentioned, so I'm merely reiterating it.

If we DO sell him then we would already have lined up someone in one position or another who can fill that marketing void.

If Pogba goes, get ready for a big name.

Reactions: KM

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Pogba staying could be the best thing we do this summer but only IF his head's right. If he spends another year complaining or sending out mixed messages about his future then he should just go now. Honestly can't blame the guy for wanting out. United are in transition...again and he's now at the point where he's being heckled by so called United supporters at his own ground. He is comfortably our best player. If we can somehow convince him that he's at the right club then it would be brilliant for us. Like some, I think he'll stay one more year at least.

Jib

Zidane and Florentino Perez have already met to discuss the signing of Pogba. Multiple players could be included in the operation.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Zidane and Florentino Perez have already met to discuss the signing of Pogba. Multiple players could be included in the operation.
No doubt discussing how they can get Pogba to engineer his exit. Not sure what else there is to discuss about? Our stance is well known.

Whilst also being our best player, he's our biggest commercial asset so good luck getting the Glazers to sell him Madrid :boring:

cyberman

i.e they can't afford him.
These reports are always bullshit anyway. It's never Varane etc that's involved, it's dross we could pick up tomorrow on their own that they're trying to sell.
It doesn't make any sense.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maybe we ask for Luca Zidane in part exchange and declare we'll only play him in the reserves.

They can afford this. Maybe not upfront, but they can come up with a payment plan for 150m.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Varane + Ødegaard (to return to Man United in 1-2 seasons following a loan spell in Spain) + £50m.

Please and thankyou

Patrick08

And change the name of the Stretford End to The Paul Pogba Stand.

Anything else we can do for you, Paul ??
Why not put him at 10 in a free role, a position he will excel at and not left side of 3 where you need to control and defend and he gets exposed positionally.

Let's use players on their strengths when you have chance to go out and buy in the market and improve. Why penny pinch and leave midfield short So that Paul is put in the role which he has no attitude to play perfectly and improve in areas which he doesn't want to.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pogba staying could be the best thing we do this summer but only IF his head's right. If he spends another year complaining or sending out mixed messages about his future then he should just go now. Honestly can't blame the guy for wanting out. United are in transition...again and he's now at the point where he's being heckled by so called United supporters at his own ground. He is comfortably our best player. If we can somehow convince him that he's at the right club then it would be brilliant for us. Like some, I think he'll stay one more year at least.
I agree with these posts.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We are utterly reliant upon Pogba as our only consistent source of creativity, he needs someone to share that burden, it would be a disaster if we lose him this window.

Hopefully there is nothing to read into the fact that he hasn't yet returned for pre-season training...

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't blame him if he wants to move for whatever reasons as long as he has given his all. Problem is i dont find he's giving his all. Most of the time he showboats without being necessary.

Ronaldo for all his critics showboats to pass his marker with sidesteps and fancy trick, pogba often does that without purposes while being unmarked and made a simple pass at the end, it seems to me that he's playing to show what he can do personally instead of really playing for the team.

Yes he still has numbers, but i dont think numbers tells a full story and he could have been alot better if he wants to

Bondi77

I think our club are happy so long as Pogba does his job well on the marketing and Social Media side of things and the old saying about no such thing as bad press when a club is branching into Asian and American markets probably rings true.
Pogba has to go down as a flop at our club when we consider his price and world class status when he came to our club; He goes missing in big games, he is a bad finisher and has not scored from one set piece in three seasons and is a turnstile in defence.
If it was up to me I would drive him to the airport if we could get our money back on him.

Jib

I think our club are happy so long as Pogba does his job well on the marketing and Social Media side of things and the old saying about no such thing as bad press when a club is branching into Asian and American markets probably rings true.
Pogba has to go down as a flop at our club when we consider his price and world class status when he came to our club; He goes missing in big games, he is a bad finisher and has not scored from one set piece in three seasons and is a turnstile in defence.
If it was up to me I would drive him to the airport if we could get our money back on him.
He made amazing performances in a lot of big games ( Europa League semi finales, the final, City at the Etihad, Tottenham and Arsenal plenty of time, Chelsea...) since his comeback...

He hardly never take the set-piece because Ibra in his first 2 seasons and since then Rashford, Mata and Young never let him take them and the market has gone crazy, Pogba at 89m is a bargain.

And if you look at the stats, he's the best midfielder in the premier league ahead of KDB etc since august 2016 :cool:

Sterling Archer

Meet who? Pogba? I thought he was back in the UK to have showdown talks with Ole? Fecking media know nothing
Yeah. He's doing a meet and greet in Manhattan at the Adidas store at 1p EST. I was contemplating the trek but don't know if I can be arsed with the crowd with a torn achilles only, just to grab a photo and shake his hand.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Word.

Fans abuse and boo him than expect him to be all raring to come back to the same toxic environment to him.

It's always amazing how fans live talking about loyalty and respect when they're the first ones to never show any when it comes to players.

After all the abuse Pogba got last season from fans, media and some United legends who don't know when to keep quiet, he has all the right to want a move and incite it whatever it takes.

marktan

If we're bidding £70m for the likes of Maguire then Pogba's gone imo, we'll probably look to recoup money from sales

DFreshKing

If we get Bruno I think he's off. Obvious quality but he wants a new challenge and an unmotivated Pogba ain't that good. We can build a real team with £150m

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not sure he can get a move, his valuation is much higher than his level of production at the moment, plus Utd is a hard team to buu from. He could be crucial if he stays and picked a role. I would have been ok with him moving on, but just as fine with him staying, even if its just to allow us settle with signings before leaving.
Well he is the productive midfielder in the league last season, we just bid 70m for Maguire, how much do you think Pogba worth?

Sterling Archer

What is he doing in NYC? I saw the rest of the squad is back in training already.
He has been training at Red Bulls stadium in NJ. So he's getting his fitness in. I guess this is just Adidas related promo stuff.

I imagine he has the clubs permission

DoomSlayer

If we get Bruno I think he's off. Obvious quality but he wants a new challenge and an unmotivated Pogba ain't that good. We can build a real team with £150m
We are paying Pogba tons of money, he has 2+1 years left on his contract too. If he is not motivated, that would speak about his professionalism and pride as a football player.

I hate the fact that people are ready to give such excuses to footballers. They get millions to do a job, someone like Pogba should give a 1000% whatever club he is in. And it's not like Ole has a problem with him the same way Mourinho did, which is something I can agree that makes a player not perform as good as usual.

Ban

If he stays I hope fans won't abuse him and British media won't hate him. Poor guy, everybody is out to get him.