g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A lot?

He said he wants a new challenge. What else has he said? Since then, Ole has spoken to him and hopefully everything has been resolved.
He's said a couple of things but slyly left his agent to do the dirty work.
But hey, if he's turning up to training, that's fantastic!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So it seems we have had no bids for him. Can't think why... maybe it's because other clubs know he's a pain-in-the-arse, trouble-making diva and virus

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Does this post reflect your intelligence ?
it reflects the fact we have had no bids for a guy fans (presumably) like you keep saying is world-class and the guy we should build the team around. maybe your intelligence didn't quite get that first time round

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
just seen a clip of the guys training... the task looked like control and pass/control and pass. Guess who held on to the ball too long and got tackled? Spare us this guy

TsuWave

incident: player gets tackled in training

verdict: SELL HIM!!!!

justification: "the tasked looked like"

redcafe.net :lol:

romufc

I've seen the Pogba in the national team and the one playing for us, two very different players. And I'm not referring to the quality in football since there is a huge difference in the level of his team-mates here and in the French national team, I'm referring to his work-rate and combativeness. In one team he is motivated and in the other not. I don't think he's lazy, just doesn't have the mentality to push through adversities, and this is why I don't believe he'll do well for us now that he wants to leave. He's too much a mood player, he has shown that on many occasions and at one point even said it himself. Think it is wrong to compare one of the most driven and professional players that have ever lived with Pogba (Ronaldo). Pogba has a long way to go before he'll ever be as professional or competitive.

And it seems I define commitment differently than you do. For me to commit is to give one's best, which is probably a wrong interpetation of the word, If that's the case I apologize, and I don't believe Pogba will ever leave his heart on the pitch for us.

What people fail to understand is International football is different to the Premier League.
The intensity is not the same, and he has Mbappe, Griezman, Kante around him. Pogba is an absolute talent, he cannot play CAM because he doesnt press. He is a No.6 who should be allowed to get in the box.

Le Red

So it seems we have had no bids for him. Can't think why... maybe it's because other clubs know he's a pain-in-the-arse, trouble-making diva and virus
I think it was too optimistic of me to think clubs would pay top money for this fraudster.

Denis79

What people fail to understand is International football is different to the Premier League.
The intensity is not the same, and he has Mbappe, Griezman, Kante around him. Pogba is an absolute talent, he cannot play CAM because he doesnt press. He is a No.6 who should be allowed to get in the box.
Read the post, I understand the difference in squad quality, what I wrote was his intensity and will to fight is completely different in the French team and United. He's a mood player 100% and has no will to give his all for us. His talent is unquestionable, I question his mentality.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Read the post, I understand the difference in squad quality, what I wrote was his intensity and will to fight is completely different in the French team and United. He's a mood player 100% and has no will to give his all for us. His talent is unquestionable, I question his mentality.
It's not actually true, Pogba is the same in club and with the national team, the difference since 2016 is the players around him for France, nothing else.

Jeffthered

I love to watch him play... He's one of the the few players in the world to whom I could state this, as an individual. He has incredible talent, and is in many ways fun to watch... A good Pogba is good for football.

But... I really just want him to move on now. It's beyond a charade, and it's belittling what is a fantastic football club.

This ongoing situation cannot be good for player, manager, nor club.

Denis79

It's not actually true, Pogba is the same in club and with the national team, the difference since 2016 is the players around him for France, nothing else.
Not from what I've seen. His workrate is higher and he looks way more focused, tracks back when he loses the ball and challenges for the ball more often. You can easily see a difference in motivation.

Eric's Seagull

I love to watch him play... He's one of the the few players in the world to whom I could state this, as an individual. He has incredible talent, and is in many ways fun to watch... A good Pogba is good for football.

But... I really just want him to move on now. It's beyond a charade, and it's belittling what is a fantastic football club.

This ongoing situation cannot be good for player, manager, nor club.
Agree with your post particularly the part in bold. I think a fully committed Pogba is a joy to watch and phenomenal player. Pity he only turns up when he feels like. For that reason I would like to see him leave.

poleglass red

Not from what I've seen. His workrate is higher and he looks way more focused, tracks back when he loses the ball and challenges for the ball more often. You can easily see a difference in motivation.
He also moves the ball quicker, tries less of the flamboyant stuff and starts in a much deeper position. Seems a much more disciplined role for him.He's also not the main player for them so maybe that helps, he seems more of a team player in that 11, plus he's surrrounded by world class players

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nope, it's the same player in a different role with different teammates. He tracks back in the same fashion than he does in club, slowly, with the small difference that he has Kanté sweeping behind him and Matuidi on his left. He loses the ball a lot trying to do things that are sometimes ridiculous but he isn't as much needed because Griezmann shares the creative duties with him, he sometimes stay too much on the ball but most of the time he has Mbappé/Coman/Dembélé making runs or Giroud ready to receive an aerial ball.

All the bad things that Pogba does in club, he does them for France but it doesn't really matter because his teammates cover him on both sides of the ball.

UncleBob

it reflects the fact we have had no bids for a guy fans (presumably) like you keep saying is world-class and the guy we should build the team around. maybe your intelligence didn't quite get that first time round
Yes, it is a fact that we have not received a formal bid.

romufc

Well, you have to look at Pogba in 3 scenarios in the last season

1st half - was given captaincy, stripped of it and you cannot judge a player when his manager doesn't believe in him
Mid season - When Ole came in and everyone was playing well, you saw what Pogba can do, his passing is irreplaceable, the way he can thread a pass to a running forward, no one else will be able to do that. The way he transformed defence into attack.
final third - When the whole team is low in confidence, defence is leaking - the pressure was on Pogba to deliver which meant he was trying new things and too much, he felt he had to drive the team forward. Granted his body language is on the poor side.

Make no mistake about it, losing Pogba will be massive for Manutd. He is a game changer.

Reactions: van der star

Xaviboy

Ole saying he wants to build team around Pogba. I wonder if pogba has been told about certain transfer targets and he is happy with what players could be coming in that will help us improve and help him excel in to the player we all think he should be.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I hope to feck that new challenge isn't the captaincy or a new contract. Ole will get himself sacked relying on Pogba.

Funny people who think we will be better off without Pogba. We're absolute garbage. We need to keep the good players we have and build around that. Ole is starting with a base of a back four. It's the right plan.

Pogba isn't the problem. Jones Smalling Young Matic are the problem, and the utter dross in the squad. Build a younger team, where the back four can pass into midfield and can sit higher. Where there is movement and interchanging of position. Then watch our better players flourish. Or sell Pogba, pretend he was the problem and keep a squad of mediocre players

KristianMackle

He will not be here for the long term as long as Raiola is still his agent. If he stays this year, he will be wanting to move next year and then we're forced to sell anyway. Only a year will be left on his contract. We need to let him go and build around a player who's staying long term.

Hope I'm wrong but it just feels like this is where it's going.

Art Vandelay

Funny people who think we will be better off without Pogba. We're absolute garbage. We need to keep the good players we have and build around that. Ole is starting with a base of a back four. It's the right plan.

Pogba isn't the problem. Jones Smalling Young Matic are the problem, and the utter dross in the squad. Build a younger team, where the back four can pass into midfield and can sit higher. Where there is movement and interchanging of position. Then watch our better players flourish. Or sell Pogba, pretend he was the problem and keep a squad of mediocre players
No one is pretending Pogba was the problem, people are rightly saying Pogba was one of the problems. Keep convincing yourself he's going to suddenly discover consistency and he won't kick up the same fuss in a few months if you want though. Every single player let us down last season and they are all expendable. Building a team around Pogba is absurd, even when given the vice captaincy and we were winning matches he was still causing disruption the press. You can't build a team around someone that only cares about themself.

MrBest

If we get 170m then i am very happy. If he stays i cannot complain but i hope he plays with passion. The only way i see this happening is if we add in a quality midfielder like bruno Fernandes who can actually play football and take the pressure off him.

Irwin99

I remember Jose saying that Pogba wants to be the ballon D'or at some stage in his career, maybe Ole said he could achieve that here :wenger:

He's a very good player on his day but if he was sold for a lot of money i wouldn't be saddened if he left. 3 years and, as one poster said, not a lot of truly great memories at the club (the Man City game in 17/18 being the big exception).

Eric's Seagull

I remember Jose saying that Pogba wants to be the ballon D'or at some stage in his career, maybe Ole said he could achieve that here :wenger:

He's a very good player on his day but if he was sold for a lot of money i wouldn't be saddened if he left. 3 years and, as one poster said, not a lot of truly great memories at the club (the Man City game in 17/18 being the big exception).
I think if any player player is bought for a World Record fee that we should expect regular performances from the player of a quality to reflect that fee.

mancan92

The way people talk about pogba just reminds me that Zidane would have been slaughtered in this day and age. He was even less tactically assured than pogba, gave the ball away more, just as inconsistent and was often poor in defence. One of my favourite all time players but pogba reminds me soo much of him and the complaints against pogba I can only imagine what people would have said about Zidane.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sell. He’ll be like this all season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
what, create/ be involved in almost everything positive attacking wise?
I’m not doubting his ability but he has absolutely no commitment to being here. At least it’s what I’m seeing.