Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Denis79

It’s clear like a crystal clear what I meant. Just think like Hazard’s situation or Ronaldo’s situation with us.

If you think what he has done so far was just put shirt on & jog on the field, I’m not sure how you got an idea of him signs a new contract will change what you think he has done until now.
The point I was trying to make, I apologize that it might have been expressed poorly, is that I don't believe Pogba has any interest in playing for us, new contract or not. My take on him is that he is a mood player and if anything goes against the way he wants it, he won't whole-heartedly commit, he might say he will, give a well-spoken interview, kiss the badge etc, but it wont show on the field.

You make a good point about thd Euros next year and that he wants to keep his spot in a very competetive French team but, and this is just my opinion, is that Pogba isn't mature or maybe professional enough to leave his feelings aside when doing the job he's paid for. He clearly wants to leave and it will show on the field next season at the first string of bad results.

I also believe that Ole wont bench him no matter what transpires before our season starts, if he's here, he will play if he's fit. These are just my opinions not facts.

Eric's Seagull

The point I was trying to make, I apologize that it might have been expressed poorly, is that I don't believe Pogba has any interest in playing for us, new contract or not. My take on him is that he is a mood player and if anything goes against the way he wants it, he won't whole-heartedly commit, he might say he will, give a well-spoken interview, kiss the badge etc, but it wont show on the field.

You make a good point about thd Euros next year and that he wants to keep his spot in a very competetive French team but, and this is just my opinion, is that Pogba isn't mature or maybe professional enough to leave his feelings aside when doing the job he's paid for. He clearly wants to leave and it will show on the field next season at the first string of bad results.

I also believe that Ole wont bench him no matter what transpires before our season starts, if he's here, he will play if he's fit. These are just my opinions not facts.
You make a good point in bold. I also think that he doesn't want to play for us, star player or not if he doesn't want to be here and show full commitment, he should leave. I would rather him gone than stay is he is to be half arsed and moody. We need players here, who will put in so much effort they are willing to push themselves nearly to the point of collapsing and willing to give their last drop of sweat for the shirt mate.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
When asked about his future following the win at the Optus Stadium, Pogba replied by simply saying: "There is no need. No need to talk."

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It seems as if Zidane wants him but for some reason Perez doesn't. Not sure if it is because Perez doesn't rate him our if if he thinks the fee we are demanding is too high.
I'm sure Zidane lots of different players but he knows getting those players at any prices can bring more problems in terms of dressing room stability

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

So basically you just want him out of the club.

Pogba isn’t the only one who acts like what you said, 80% of the squad act the same. If you want Ole bench Pogba just because he acts like what you said then you need to be fair & mention he should bench almost the whole squad.

Denis79

So basically you just want him out of the club.

Pogba isn’t the only one who acts like what you said, 80% of the squad act the same. If you want Ole bench Pogba just because he acts like what you said then you need to be fair & mention he should bench almost the whole squad.
After the things said this summer it's clear he wants out, so I see no point keeping him. Ole won't bench him because our midfield is weak. He has so much skill and potential but it all depends on his mood, I've seen enough of the unhappy Pogba in the United shirt.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
After the things said this summer it's clear he wants out, so I see no point keeping him. Ole won't bench him because our midfield is weak. He has so much skill and potential but it all depends on his mood, I've seen enough of the unhappy Pogba in the United shirt.
Like I have said before you need to learn how to read before get into conversation, you are just wasting my time repeating my post again.

Pogba isn’t the only one who acts like what you said in your previous post, 80% of the squad act the same.

If you want Ole bench Pogba just because he acts like what you said in your previous post then you need to be fair & mention he should bench almost the whole squad.

Denis79

Like I have said before you need to learn how to read before get into conversation, you are just wasting my time repeating my post again.

Pogba isn’t the only one who acts like what you said in your previous post, 80% of the squad act the same.

If you want Ole bench Pogba just because he acts like what you said in your previous post then you need to be fair & mention he should bench almost the whole squad.
Point out where I misread and I'll try to give you an answer. You kept on talking about him committing, all I said is I don't believe he'll do that for us, staying or not, signing a new contract or not. Maybe we define commitment differently? You said Ole might bench him, I said I don't believe he will.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Point out where I misread and I'll try to give you an answer. You kept on talking about him committing, all I said is I don't believe he'll do that for us, staying or not, signing a new contract or not. Maybe we define commitment differently? You said Ole might bench him, I said I don't believe he will.
No commitment because the player wants to leave is an example of Di Maria & Koscielny. Acting unprofessional by refusing to join the team, late for training & meeting many times & etc.

A commitment even though the player wants to leave is an example of Hazard, Ronaldo’s last season with us & possibly Eriksen now. Still willing to respect their contract and playing for the club.

Your description is just towards attitude of the player who is lazy. Lazy doesn’t mean no commitment, player can be lazy due to lack of stamina, player can be lazy not tracking back due to lack of awareness or concentration which most of 80% of our current player show the same attitude, not just Pogba.

ZenMaster Coltrane

We are strong enough to bring in commented focussed players and play them while Pogba is out of the team. It's his choice to act professionally.
The year of delusional thinking continues unabated. Strong enough? Yes, show me your 'strong midfield with SM, Matic and who the hell knows. None of those players are starting in any top 6 midfield, nor Wolves, Leicester or Everton. Just utter blasphemy in the Pogba threads but it's good that it's exposed the know-nothing segment in the fan base.

gaucho_10

Won’t last a season without Madrid fans calling for his head. Couple of games v Barca where he’s invisible will do it, after he makes the best YouTube compilation ever against lower half rubbish
Madrid fans don't boo players for sucking. They do it when players have a shit attitude on the pitch. This is just crap other fans keep on repeating to make themselves feel better.

Bernabeu never booed Ronaldo for missing empty goals. They did it when he was walking around and throwing tantrums on the pitch.

They never boo Lucas feckin Vasquez, ever thought about why is that the case?

Pogba plays in midfield. If he comes he needs to work his ass of and all will be fine with the fans. He specially needs to do it in transition when defending. He can't choose when to play with dedication and when not to. Hopefully the guy pushing for the transfer gets it, otherwise it's better for him not to come.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He’s just so necessary. The idea of selling him is unfathomable to me. The only sad thing is that when he actually DOES play, it becomes very obvious how poor a side we are because he is significantly better than his teammates.

That needs to change urgently. At least a conversation with two other outfield players as to who our best is will make our team title contenders immediately.
I'm between two minds with Pogba, he is our best player and to me it's not debatable but as you said, overall the team is subpar. So my logic is that maybe it would be a good idea to rebuild and finance two very good players with the sale of one Pogba. Now the obvious flaw in my reasoning is that the supposedly very good players may flop or the club may identify duds, like he has done in the recent past and put us in our current situation.

So in the end, I'm fine with Pogba staying but I'm not against him leaving, also his new challenge talk rubbed me the wrong way.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm between two minds with Pogba, he is our best player and to me it's not debatable but as you said, overall the team is subpar. So my logic is that maybe it would be a good idea to rebuild and finance two very good players with the sale of one Pogba. Now the obvious flaw in my reasoning is that the supposedly very good players may flop or the club may identify duds, like he has done in the recent past and put us in our current situation.

So in the end, I'm fine with Pogba staying but I'm not against him leaving, also his new challenge talk rubbed me the wrong way.
Personally, I don’t even think that’s the obvious flaw in your reasoning. I think the more obvious one is that to add top players, we will be required to lose the one that we already have. That’s a clear flaw in that to progress as a team, we need to be adding more to Pogba (and De Gea). The little quality we have is already not close to being enough. Two very good players alongside Pogba would of course be far better than two very good players instead of him.

What would be better is if we were to get rid of some of our many not very good players and use that money to upgrade them with two very good ones. That would see the team moving in the right direction.

SER19

Madrid fans don't boo players for sucking. They do it when players have a shit attitude on the pitch. This is just crap other fans keep on repeating to make themselves feel better.

Bernabeu never booed Ronaldo for missing empty goals. They did it when he was walking around and throwing tantrums on the pitch.

They never boo Lucas feckin Vasquez, ever thought about why is that the case?

Pogba plays in midfield. If he comes he needs to work his ass of and all will be fine with the fans. He specially needs to do it in transition when defending. He can't choose when to play with dedication and when not to. Hopefully the guy pushing for the transfer gets it, otherwise it's better for him not to come.
Precisely why he will fail there

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Yeah, even at half pace he is a cut above all our players. It’s going to be seriously hard to replace him, but I think for him it’s best he moves. We’re not going to be challenging properly next year and we’re not in the CL - he’s obviously partly to blame for that, but I think we have too many glaring holes to fix in order to get back where we need to. Like you said the real gamble is that we lose him and have faith the players brought in can replace what he brings or something different to make as much as an impact? Is that a bigger risk than keeping a player who doesn’t want to be here? Coin toss for me.

Bestietom

If Madrid can sell the players and raise the money for him, he will go. We certainly do not want this to happen after deadline day, so we should prepare and bring someone in now.

rotherham_red

Personally, I don’t even think that’s the obvious flaw in your reasoning. I think the more obvious one is that to add top players, we will be required to lose the one that we already have. That’s a clear flaw in that to progress as a team, we need to be adding more to Pogba (and De Gea). The little quality we have is already not close to being enough. Two very good players alongside Pogba would of course be far better than two very good players instead of him.

What would be better is if we were to get rid of some of our many not very good players and use that money to upgrade them with two very good ones. That would see the team moving in the right direction.
That's the biggest issue though, isn't it? Smalling, Jones on massively extended contracts when the last 6 seasons have shown that they aren't good enough. Mata given three years even though he's been a passenger for the last two seasons.Young being given his extension even though he's ready for the glue factory. Darmian has been begging to go for the last three seasons, Italian clubs have been lining up to take him for 12m euros since before last season but Ed hasn't let him go, first because he wanted 20m euros for him, then it was 15m, and now it's 12m - the figure that the Italian clubs initially wanted to pay. We've been paying him c.6 or 7m per year in that time as well.

We have had no recent inclination from Ed that he's willing to really spend on getting us back to the top. This season looks like it'll be a continuation of the last, and we'll likely be looking for a new manager cos Ole will have been screwed over.

And I bet you anything that the other useless lump that needs to be rid (Matic) will also be given a new contract at some point this season.

SATA

He could have flat out deny the rumours after the game but did not, instead he said 'there is no need to talk about it'

Looks like he's still hoping for Madrid to bid what we want for him but if it doesn't come, he'll be okay to stay for another year. Actually i think it won't be a problem if he stays as he's a bubbly character. Also helps that he is popular and well respected amongst his teammates, and they know he's better than every single one of them

doriandun

This season is a really big season for Pogba if he stays or goes, as we have seen, Pogba ideally needs two baby sitters for him to perform, how he would like to play, with no defensive responsibilties, the fact that next year is the euro's, he has no choice but to perform this year otherwise he could very well find hinself on the bench next summer, with Kante a shoe-in for one of the places in the National team, and Ndombele, joining Sissoko at Spurs, if they form a good partnership, then Frances midfield three will will look something like, Kante, Ndombele and Sissoko. a very fluid midfield, up top probably Thauvin, Mbappe and Greizmann.

Gasolin

When asked about his future following the win at the Optus Stadium, Pogba replied by simply saying: "There is no need. No need to talk."

Is that supposed to mean anything? I just think he's hoping to see some investment in the squad, see a vision of the team from Ole and maybe a new contract.

SATA

Do you all think he will sign a new contract if he’s offered one tomorrow? Or he’ll reject it thus lowering his transfer value and Madrid can come in for him?

RedStarUnited

Agreed. If I'm United, I tell Pogba to turn in a transfer request to give up his cut, and tell Raiola that if he waves any agent fees, they'll let him go for 110 million pounds or so. That way, they get rid of a huge headache and still get a huge chunk of cash to rebuild the squad.
Why the hell would we lower our price because Raiola doesn't get his agent fee? We want 150m and whatever Raiola gets is whatever Madrid want to give him after our 150m.

Pogba has 2 years left and an extra one if we wanted it. This is a Euros season so its in his prerogative to perform or he wont be a starter in the national team. Basically, we dont have to sell for any amount less than what we want.

Gasolin

Do you all think he will sign a new contract if he’s offered one tomorrow? Or he’ll reject it thus lowering his transfer value and Madrid can come in for him?
He will sign, but he will need Ole to show him how we intend to win trophies, in the EPL and in the CL. So we need a clear plan. A powerpoint presentation, I don't know. I want to be part of that meeting :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Marcelinho87

I don't think he wants to leave, despite what he says. I believe it all to be the work of his agent getting in his ear.

But genuine question for those who say get rid... say we sold him for £110m who do you realistically think we are signing considering this is a world where Maguire is £90m and Longstaff is £50m?

£110m wouldn't go far imo and we would be much worse off.

Gasolin

I don't think he wants to leave, despite what he says. I believe it all to be the work of his agent getting in his ear.

But genuine question for those who say get rid... say we sold him for £110m who do you realistically think we are signing considering this is a world where Maguire is £90m and Longstaff is £50m?

£110m wouldn't go far imo and we would be much worse off.
I don't think we can sell him, he's our marketing machine. If we do, we would request more than any fees, even maybe more than the 198m GBP of Neymar that has been mentioned, because we need a marketing star player... probably the best is to think about working it with him, and see who we can buy to complement him.

Marcelinho87

I don't think we can sell him, he's our marketing machine. If we do, we would request more than any fees, even maybe more than the 198m GBP of Neymar that has been mentioned, because we need a marketing star player... probably the best is to think about working it with him, and see who we can buy to complement him.
What the club should have been working on the day after announcing him.

Pogba is without doubt a luxury player who requires a functioning team and good players around him but when you have that then he becomes brilliant.

Expecting him to be a catalyst etc because of the fee we paid is unfair imo as it never was his style.

Walters_19_MuFc

He may still want to leave. He possibly has the chance to join teams who will be challenging for major trophies, however, he has dealt with the situation fantastically well.

Walters_19_MuFc

Is that supposed to mean anything? I just think he's hoping to see some investment in the squad, see a vision of the team from Ole and maybe a new contract.
He's right, too. At the moment, if he doesnt perform, we very rarely do. We need players of his quality to step up.

We need another creative midfielder.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes. Turned up to pre season, trained hard and kept his head down.

If he wanted to force through a move, he could have been an arse about it.
Him and raoila have been chatting a lot about him wanting out. Goodness knows what they're doing behind the scenes.

Yes he could pull a Mardi but turning up where he should doesn't equate to "fantastic"behaviour. It just means he's not being a thundering douche

Walters_19_MuFc

Him and raoila have been chatting a lot about him wanting out. Goodness knows what they're doing behind the scenes.

Yes he could pull a Mardi but turning up where he should doesn't equate to "fantastic"behaviour. It just means he's not being a thundering douche
A lot?

He said he wants a new challenge. What else has he said? Since then, Ole has spoken to him and hopefully everything has been resolved.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yes. Turned up to pre season, trained hard and kept his head down.

If he wanted to force through a move, he could have been an arse about it.
Turning up to pre season, training hard and keeping his head down is an example of handling the situation fantastically well? Not just the very least you'd expect of a professional at this level?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's right, too. At the moment, if he doesnt perform, we very rarely do. We need players of his quality to step up.

We need another creative midfielder.
We need more than that...

Pogba deserves to be playing with a World Class CF - and I think that's essentially the crux of his game.

When we had Zlatan... When Pogba plays with Mbappe / Griezmann...

It's pointless having someone with Pogba's skill-set if you're not then gonna buy a very good DM and a very good CF.

Denis79

No commitment because the player wants to leave is an example of Di Maria & Koscielny. Acting unprofessional by refusing to join the team, late for training & meeting many times & etc.

A commitment even though the player wants to leave is an example of Hazard, Ronaldo’s last season with us & possibly Eriksen now. Still willing to respect their contract and playing for the club.

Your description is just towards attitude of the player who is lazy. Lazy doesn’t mean no commitment, player can be lazy due to lack of stamina, player can be lazy not tracking back due to lack of awareness or concentration which most of 80% of our current player show the same attitude, not just Pogba.
I've seen the Pogba in the national team and the one playing for us, two very different players. And I'm not referring to the quality in football since there is a huge difference in the level of his team-mates here and in the French national team, I'm referring to his work-rate and combativeness. In one team he is motivated and in the other not. I don't think he's lazy, just doesn't have the mentality to push through adversities, and this is why I don't believe he'll do well for us now that he wants to leave. He's too much a mood player, he has shown that on many occasions and at one point even said it himself. Think it is wrong to compare one of the most driven and professional players that have ever lived with Pogba (Ronaldo). Pogba has a long way to go before he'll ever be as professional or competitive.

And it seems I define commitment differently than you do. For me to commit is to give one's best, which is probably a wrong interpetation of the word, If that's the case I apologize, and I don't believe Pogba will ever leave his heart on the pitch for us.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think he's lazy, just doesn't have the mentality to push through adversities,

Pogba has a long way to go before he'll ever be as professional or competitive.
I agree with the first part, but it has nothing to do with the second. It's not a lack of professionalism of competitiveness, it's just the way he is. It's a flaw, not a fault