Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Denis79

Just because he doesn’t sign doesn’t mean he won’t commit for a season on us.
He doesn't have a choice, no clubs are willing to pay what we want for him, no matter how much he wants to leave and all that has been said by him and his agent.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He doesn't have a choice, no clubs are willing to pay what we want for him, no matter how much he wants to leave and all that has been said by him and his agent.
You need to learn how to read before get into conversation or discussion.

He has choice to commit with us for one more season without signing a new contract.

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
My feeling is that United are refusing to sell Pogba - unless for a fee that no-one is willing to pay - mainly as a matter of pride, rather than for common-sense reasons.

I actually think that United would be better off without him, using the money to sign one or more players that are not just talented, but actually hard-working and committed.

If I was a United fan I'd fear that unless Pogba is sold the script for the coming season is already being written and mainly features an amplified version of what we've already seen.
Agreed. If I'm United, I tell Pogba to turn in a transfer request to give up his cut, and tell Raiola that if he waves any agent fees, they'll let him go for 110 million pounds or so. That way, they get rid of a huge headache and still get a huge chunk of cash to rebuild the squad.

Gasolin

My feeling is that United are refusing to sell Pogba - unless for a fee that no-one is willing to pay - mainly as a matter of pride, rather than for common-sense reasons.

I actually think that United would be better off without him, using the money to sign one or more players that are not just talented, but actually hard-working and committed.

If I was a United fan I'd fear that unless Pogba is sold the script for the coming season is already being written and mainly features an amplified version of what we've already seen.
You're wrong, but I've given up discussing with common sense with you... enjoy Spurs and leave United alone. Pogba will do wonders when he's committed.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout

:lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

I agree. I also think it's a marketing thing too. He's the face of the team right now and i don't think our CEO could live without a 'superstar' name at the club.

mu4c_20le

Even an unmotivated, tool downing Pogba still outproduces most if not all the rest of the midfielders in the league, including your Eriksen and Dele Alli (remember he was once compared with him:lol:?) I'd be more worried about how quickly your shiny new £55m signing can adapt to the league.

pocco

loco
Even an unmotivated, tool downing Pogba still outproduces most if not all the rest of the midfielders in the league, including your Eriksen and Dele Alli (remember he was once compared with him:lol:?) I'd be more worried about how quickly your shiny new £55m signing can adapt to the league.
There's more to football than stats. Pogba has been largely disappointing on the pitch and a compete disappointment off it. His point is valid imo.

mu4c_20le

There's more to football than stats. Pogba has been largely disappointing on the pitch and a compete disappointment off it. His point is valid imo.
That's your opinion. He still had the best season of his career.

roonster09

Scout
His point is not valid when he says we are not selling him for matter of pride when its common sense that clubs don't sell their best players for lower fee.

Deery

Dreary
He is a major disappointment
He does make me angry
He has offended me

But God dam it I still believe in him.

DoomSlayer

Agreed. If I'm United, I tell Pogba to turn in a transfer request to give up his cut, and tell Raiola that if he waves any agent fees, they'll let him go for 110 million pounds or so. That way, they get rid of a huge headache and still get a huge chunk of cash to rebuild the squad.
A Spurs and Livepool fan want us to sell our best player for less than his actual value? What a surprise. :lol:

pocco

loco
His point is not valid when he says we are not selling him for matter of pride when its common sense that clubs don't sell their best players for lower fee.
Pride might not be the best word, but i think there maybe other factors as to why Woodward would be reluctant to sell ie Pogbas marketability and global reach. Plus i do think a galactico type team is appealing to Woodward, so to lose the only big name player would be a hit to his ego.

roonster09

Scout
Pride might not be the best word, but i think there maybe other factors as to why Woodward would be reluctant to sell ie Pogbas marketability and global reach.
Or maybe he is one of our best players and in the market where Maguire costs 90 million, it's fair to ask 150+ million for Pogba.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You are making too much sense. Damn I have to agree with you on this as well;)

pocco

loco
Or maybe he is one of our best players and in the market where Maguire costs 90 million, it's fair to ask 150+ million for Pogba.
The ultimate question should be "what's best for the team/club?". If he is going to be a problem for us, as he has been, then it's best to sell. Do you agree? So to price everybody out and keep a problem player might be a naive decision. Especially when most fans don't like the guy.

roonster09

Scout
The ultimate question should be "what's best for the team/club?". If he is going to be a problem for us, as he has been, then it's best to sell. Do you agree? So to price everybody out and keep a problem player might be a naive decision. Especially when most fans don't like the guy.
What's best for the team is something what the manager wants. If he thinks best thing is to retain Pogba then why not. I disagree with him being the problem anyways.

We are not pricing out anyone. It's not like we have asked 250 million. Even Newcastle wants 50 million for Longstaff and it's good that we have set good asking price for him.

For all we know the best thing for the club might be to retain one of our best player and if he is convinced to stay then why not. It's not as if we have good replacements ready. We have already lost 2 midfielders.

pocco

loco
What's best for the team is something what the manager wants. If he thinks best thing is to retain Pogba then why not. I disagree with him being the problem anyways.

We are not pricing out anyone. It's not like we have asked 250 million. Even Newcastle wants 50 million for Longstaff and it's good that we have set good asking price for him.

For all we know the best thing for the club might be to retain one of our best player and if he is convinced to stay then why not. It's not as if we have good replacements ready. We have already lost 2 midfielders.
That's all if's, but's and maybe's though. Pogba has made it know he wants to leave. He's had run in's with past managers, games where he seemed to disregard instructions, clowning around on social media whilst watching us get beat, possibly speaking to City about joining them...he's a constant distraction. I'm not saying he's the sole problem, but he definitely is a problem.

Besides, i think we'll walk away before paying some of the prices mentioned.

roonster09

Scout
That's all if's, but's and maybe's though. Pogba has made it know he wants to leave. He's had run in's with past managers, games where he seemed to disregard instructions, clowning around on social media whilst watching us get beat, possibly speaking to City about joining them...he's a constant distraction. I'm not saying he's the sole problem, but he definitely is a problem.

Besides, i think we'll walk away before paying some of the prices mentioned.
So we are walking away from potential replacements and still want to sell Pogba?

I won't mind him leaving if we can sign proper replacements, but I don't think we will. We still haven't replaced Herrera and Fellaini. I don't have any hope in this recruitment team to replace him. Might end up overpaying for Longstaff.

Yes Pogba has told maybe it's time for new challenge, but if Ole convince him then why not retain him.

He brings lot more to the team than you give credit him for.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Oh the "everyone is shit but Pogba" argument. Pogba did nothing to prove he isn't part of the problem. He holds on to the ball for too long and tries to trick his way out even when there are good pass options available.
He has been a liability more often than not, because he's more worried about showing of his skills than doing the boring productive plays and committing to his defensive duties.
If you are absolving Pogba of his crimes because he doesn't have quality teammates, then why can't the same reason be used to cut some slack off Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku et al?
The fact he can pull some assists out of nowhere and score penalties doesn't make up for his shortcomings nor his blatant lack of will to play to his best capabilities in a MUFC jersey.

Still, it seems you are getting what you wish for. Another season of Mr. Cool giving away the ball because he's trying to dribble 3 markers, and not tracking back. Then everyone will blame Jones or some other poor cnut when the goal is scored. But hey, at least we get to see some dabbing whenever we get some dodgy penalty.
One post back you've literally made a joke out of Lingard......

'2. It doesn't matter if Pogba has the most goals and assists on the team. It only proves that he's better than Jesse Lingard :lol:'

That's you literally deriding Lingard in one post to suit your narrative, then in the next post offering him as an example of a quality player suffering from his team mates.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly

I believe that echoes the feelings of many United fans as well, myself included.

We’re in for a shut show of a season, that’s the only certainty at this point.

Giggsyking

So you sell a player like Coutinho for 150m and want us to sell a better player for less than that. How nice of you?

RoyH1

Unfortunately I must agree with you. Whatever Ole says, Pogba is unhappy here and I don’t think we can raise the level of the team in one offseason to a level we’re he will be content. I wonder if Woodward would be so steadfast in keeping Pogba if he wasn’t such a marketing marvel?

Eric's Seagull

Unfortunately I must agree with you. Whatever Ole says, Pogba is unhappy here and I don’t think we can raise the level of the team in one offseason to a level we’re he will be content. I wonder if Woodward would be so steadfast in keeping Pogba if he wasn’t such a marketing marvel?
I agree with your part in bold. If he is unhappy I would rather sell him than have him about sulking not fully committed. As he is so marketable I can see Woody keepimg him here as long as possible. Even if it means that we would be better football-wise by selling him and bringing in committed, focused players.

Saddy

PSG will be the perfect fit for Pogba when they can spend the money

Play half pace through the sub standard league games - turning it on when required then be ready for Champions League and France matches whilst behaving like a spoilt brat - only he won't be able to raise the level when playing against the really top teams. Perfect fit for PSG !

I hope I'm wrong as he's got all the skills but lacking in application and determination on the pitch - he will get my support and another opportunity this season but I'm certain if he stays it will define Ole's season and be the difference between top 4 and 6th place.

Denis79

You need to learn how to read before get into conversation or discussion.

He has choice to commit with us for one more season without signing a new contract.
Genuine question, what does that even mean? He'll put the shirt on and jog the field, like he has done until now?

Patrick08

Pride might not be the best word, but i think there maybe other factors as to why Woodward would be reluctant to sell ie Pogbas marketability and global reach. Plus i do think a galactico type team is appealing to Woodward, so to lose the only big name player would be a hit to his ego.
It's not about ego, 180m is the market price for pogba, just like Spanish clubs keep ridiculous high buyout clauses to hand them advantage in the transfer market.

Neymar was never really worth 230 m euros was he? But if a top club is losing its very important player they assure themselves of security with the price quoted to not have an impact on the team and replace them to keep the level of the team as high as possible.

If you can't pay the buyout clause Spanish clubs don't sell, similarly if you don't pay the market price which is 180m you feck off and look somewhere else if you can't afford to pay it. Lobbing the player to underperform have attitude problems and burn the bridges with the club ain't going to lower the market price so that the other clubs can get their way in the transfer market handing them competitive advantage.

If the player want to sulk, it not doing him any favours what so ever too, as the club ain't solely dependent on one player. He can choose to rot the bench or act professionally and act a mature person.

There is no point in selling pogba for a low balling offers.

Patrick08

I agree with your part in bold. If he is unhappy I would rather sell him than have him about sulking not fully committed. As he is so marketable I can see Woody keepimg him here as long as possible. Even if it means that we would be better football-wise by selling him and bringing in committed, focused players.
We are strong enough to bring in commented focussed players and play them while Pogba is out of the team. It's his choice to act professionally.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Genuine question, what does that even mean? He'll put the shirt on and jog the field, like he has done until now?
It’s clear like a crystal clear what I meant. Just think like Hazard’s situation or Ronaldo’s situation with us.

If you think what he has done so far was just put shirt on & jog on the field, I’m not sure how you got an idea of him signs a new contract will change what you think he has done until now.

Last edited:

Litch

Pog needs to go as he's no longer the right fit for this new era. It's a massive risk letting your prized assists go and it's scary if this new way forward doesn't work out..