Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulblart

He's probably gone next summer. I actually think he'd prefer to stay and win trophies with United, because I do think (naively perhaps) that he loves the club. But that doesn't really seem likely to happen right now. He's entering his peak years and I can't really blame him for wanting to play for a club showing ambition to compete for the biggest trophies at the biggest stages.

Ole has to pull a miracle this season for him to consider staying next summer I think.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He will be sold next summer for 150m to generate money for transfers of which we will spend 70m. Ed knows what he is doing.
From that money buy wheelchair for Matić, extra leg for Fred and new brain for Pereira and it's possible we'll be better than with Pogba.

HailtotheKing

I don't blame him now one bit if he wants out next summer. He is gone in my opinion, surely deserves better.

It's the first time I am saying this.
Agreed. Why would you stay when our team has this much ambition. Absolutely no one brought in to give him a glimmer of hope. Or to even bloody help him. Shambles.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hard to tell at this moment. If Madrid put the money together he'll be gone.
I've got fear, a big big fear, that he'll be pushing for a move behind the scenes right now. He's either gone by the end of the window, which makes us fecked, or he won't be motivated to give his all this season, which also makes us fecked.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I've got fear, a big big fear, that he'll be pushing for a move behind the scenes right now. He's either gone by the end of the window, which makes us fecked, or he won't be motivated to give his all this season, which also makes us fecked.
Put yourself in his shoes. You can have your pick of the best clubs in Europe. You see your current club has non-existant ambitions and is willing to sell off players without replacing them. The team wasn't fit for purpose last season and now your job has got even harder, so it's all going to be on your shoulders, yet again, where you will have to run yourself into the ground, risking injuries and your future aspirations.

And for what? The team isn't going to win any trophies any-time soon, they're not even in the CL to begin with.

And... At the first opportunity you will be scapegoated and blamed for it all anyway, because that very thing happened just last season, so what is the point really?

You would have to be certifiably insane to not be doing everything in your power to get out as soon as possible.

I won't blame Pogba at all. I would do the same thing in his position.

Last edited:

SATA

He is now the leader of the team along with Maguire. I hope we don't overplay him. Play him in the league and FA cup, and keep him away from the europa and carling cup games. We need him absolutely healthy

el3mel

We can't sell Pogba now because we'll need to sell him next summer to fund our annual 100m budget. This year is Lukaku, the next is Pogba, everything is planned by master genius Ed Woodward. :cool:

NJM78

I can honestly see him really angling for a move now, he can't be at all impressed that the only midfielder who seemed to offer him good protection last season has left the club and we signed no one to replace him. It will be even harder for him this year as I'm sure he will be crowded out as usual.
I also don't trust the club to turn down a substantial offer should Real manage to somehow get the cash.

fps

Put yourself in his shoes. You can have your pick of the best clubs in Europe. You see your current club has non-existant ambitions and is willing to sell off players without replacing them. The team wasn't fit for purpose last season and now your job has got even harder, so it's all going to be on your shoulders, yet again, where you will have to run yourself into the ground, risking injuries and your future aspirations.

And for what? The team isn't going to win any trophies any-time soon, they're not even in the CL to begin with.

And... At the first opportunity you will be scapegoated and blamed for it all anyway, because that very thing happened just last season, so what is the point really?

You would have to be certifiably insane to not be doing everything in your power to get out as soon as possible.

I really don't understand this kind of blanket negativity, there are lots of really exciting young players at the club and this season will be better than the last one. I also believe Pogba will leave next summer, but he may well have been stung into action by the fact that Madrid spent a FORTUNE this summer but couldn't be bothered to find the money for him.

flappyjay

If Ed had half a brain he would have got Paul's replacement this summer, instead he is going to get rinsed by clubs

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I really don't understand this kind of blanket negativity, there are lots of really exciting young players at the club and this season will be better than the last one. I also believe Pogba will leave next summer, but he may well have been stung into action by the fact that Madrid spent a FORTUNE this summer but couldn't be bothered to find the money for him.
I don't think it is overly negative, I cannot see anything that is positive about the club at the moment. You might be able to, and i'm envious of that! :)

It's a true statement that Pogba was scapegoated and blamed at the first opportunity even though he was the only player playing to an acceptable level last season.

There are lots of good young players but i don't expect anything off them because they are only just moving up.

As for this season being better than the last, i'm not sure. I can see it getting even worse as the squad is thinner and Ole's credentials as a manager are up for debate still.

Irwin99

It's a question of when and not if he leaves but I can see this being a similar situation to the Ronaldo situation of 08 where we keep him for one more year. As another poster has alluded to, the profits will probably be kept by the owners or make up the entirety of our next summer transfer funds

The One and Only

Yes that makes sense. The club has no ambition, no desire to win big trophies. Why would he want to stay?

Why does the club want to keep Pogba anyway. It's not going to change anything. We have finished 6th twice with him in the team. It's clear that he alone can't change our fortunes. The club don't want to add any world class players or top prospects to ease his workload. Might as well cash in

fps

I don't think it is overly negative, I cannot see anything that is positive about the club at the moment. You might be able to, and i'm envious of that! :)

It's a true statement that Pogba was scapegoated and blamed at the first opportunity even though he was the only player playing to an acceptable level last season.

There are lots of good young players but i don't expect anything off them because they are only just moving up.

As for this season being better than the last, i'm not sure. I can see it getting even worse as the squad is thinner and Ole's credentials as a manager are up for debate still.
Honestly I'd have preferred Pogba was sold and a high quality midfielder and high potential young midfielder brought in. This team looks as if it'll be set up for him to cause damage to the opposition, which is at least a positive. The midfield is certainly thin at the minute. I think the aim will be to get the other midfielders covering ground, working hard, then getting the ball up to the attackers quickly.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Honestly I'd have preferred Pogba was sold and a high quality midfielder and high potential young midfielder brought in. This team looks as if it'll be set up for him to cause damage to the opposition, which is at least a positive. The midfield is certainly thin at the minute. I think the aim will be to get the other midfielders covering ground, working hard, then getting the ball up to the attackers quickly.
You say that, then why in the fresh hell was Herrera allowed to leave then?

Nothing makes any sense anymore.

I also don't think the team is set up for him too. He played his best football last season further forward in the space between the left channel and behind the CM's. He won't be allowed to venture forward any more as, as soon as he does, we will lose all control of the midfield.

If we wanted to build the midfield around him, we should have renewed Herrera & replaced Matic with him. Then purchased a creative CM so Pogba can be free to cause as much havoc further forward as possible.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah he’s in his prime years why waste it rotting at our club when he could be winning trophies and playing at the very top.

Honestly wouldn’t even be mad at him if he tried pushing a move out. Same goes for De Gea they both deserve better than playing for this unambitious club.

AJ Bullet

Whats even the point of keeping him if are just going to make it harder for him to produce his best by not surrounding him with quality, utter waster of time ever signing him or any other decent players for that matter. Him and De Gea must love this club more than the fans to stick around this mess.

Alabaster Codify7

He will be sold next summer for 150m to generate money for transfers of which we will spend 70m. Ed knows what he is doing.
This is what will happen, definitely.

He'll also down tools quickly this season, around Sept/October when the writing starts appearing on the wall. He's not perfect, he's a bit of an arsehole in my eyes, but he deserves much, much better than what we are providing him with in terms of team-mates. Don't blame him for not wanting to be here, one bit.

Madrid will be able to afford him next summer, his value will drop a bit too by then because I expect him to spend periods out of the team or 'injured' until then.

Guapa

Big mistake not selling this guy.He will cost us dearly until he ‘s gone from this club.He’s a fraud with his fake attempts to get back when our attack’s break down.

fps

You say that, then why in the fresh hell was Herrera allowed to leave then?

Nothing makes any sense anymore.

I also don't think the team is set up for him too. He played his best football last season further forward in the space between the left channel and behind the CM's. He won't be allowed to venture forward any more as, as soon as he does, we will lose all control of the midfield.

If we wanted to build the midfield around him, we should have renewed Herrera & replaced Matic with him. Then purchased a creative CM so Pogba can be free to cause as much havoc further forward as possible.
I didn't think Herrera was very good. He might have helped the rest of the team play a little better, but he didn't provide killer passes, nor killer tackles, nor killer shots. He certainly wasn't worth the contract he ended up signing at PSG. I am happier seeing McTominay in the team, and hopefully Fred will improve because in theory, based on his playing style more than the level he's shown so far, he could offer more going forward.

Stadjer

Big mistake not selling this guy.He will cost us dearly until he ‘s gone from this club.He’s a fraud with his fake attempts to get back when our attack’s break down.
:houllier:

He is the only player capable of creating a chance in the team. The only player who can create something out of nothing... but yeah he cant be a one man midfield, provide assists for the attackers, score goals and also support the defense all by himself so lets sell him.

LJJT

Again, unless you can see into the future, you can't be certain of that.
Obviously I can’t but there is absolutely no chance of that at all. I think we can all be fairly sure on that. Even if he went on strike it would only last a few weeks till the euro transfer deadline hits.

GM K

Pogba should have been sold for good money and our midfield rebuilt. He and his agent are trouble.

3KDré

Pogba should have been sold for good money and our midfield rebuilt. He and his agent are trouble.
The real trouble is our CEO. If you were him you'd also want to leave.

I just hope Ole has us playing out of our skin and we overachieve, maybe then we can get some quality in if we're back in the CL. In reality though, this club is unlikely to be what it once was, even less so under Woodward.

AFC NimbleThumb

We’ve just had a travesty of a transfer window & people are still thinking had we sold Pogba we’d have spent every penny on replacement(s)

People honestly do go the ends with their agendas.

Pogba is not THE problem, he is part of it. Selling Pogba was me t the answer to this shambles of a window.