Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Pogba is getting Raiola to come out with this shit, or at the very least looking the other way while he does it. I've said this for 2 years now, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Get rid. Both of them.

crossy1686

career ending
I’d tell Pogba he can go for £60m this summer under one condition, Raiola doesn’t get a penny of the transfer fee. If they can’t work that out between them the price stays at £120m.

Art Vandelay

Anyone that thinks we are getting £100m or more for him is delusional. He's missed most of a season and was never worth that much to begin with. No one is going to pay that. Only two teams have been linked, one offered £30m + James, the other never bid. He doesn't significantly improve either of them. Who is going to take him and his shit stain of an agent on at that price + wages + Raiola's commission? No fecking way will we get anywhere near that for him.

Obiorahking_

Anyone that thinks we are getting £100m or more for him is delusional. He's missed most of a season and was never worth that much to begin with. No one is going to pay that. Only two teams have been linked, one offered £30m + James, the other never bid. He doesn't significantly improve either of them. Who is going to take him and his shit stain of an agent on at that price + wages + Raiola's commission? No fecking way will we get anywhere near that for him.
If we are paying 80 sum for Mags then Pogba is going for 100m. In this market Ill be damned if we don't sell him at a profit

Rafaeldagold

He’s a great player on his day. But he’s not worth the hassle & gets injured too often- don’t think he wants to be here so we should part ways this summer

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm really disappointed by all of this and just hope it gets resolved one way or another in the summer. Kind of think this off season is huge for the club in terms of getting the last few key signings made in the new squad and making a decision regarding Pogba so we can move the club forward. In an ideal world none of this would be happening and we could look forward to Pogba coming back into the midfield. It now feels as though we may need to move him on early in the window and release funds for a replacement. I wonder what's built in to our transfer plans and what contingencies regarding this problem.

Can't help but feeling this saga is another thing holding us back regarding moving to the next level in terms of a fully functioning and motivated squad. The uncertainty needs a line drawing under.

gajender

I maybe in a minority here but I think Pogba would stay and renew his contract in Summer and we would have big summer transfer wise whether we qualify for CL or not.

TheReligion

Abusive
I maybe in a minority here but I think Pogba would stay and renew his contract in Summer and we would have big summer transfer wise whether we qualify for CL or not.
I did think this but I'm not as sure he will now after the Raiola comments. There's certainly an issue between him and Solskjaer. Perhaps we can hope Raiola isn't happy and feels Solskjaer is driving a wedge between him and his client? Ultimately I want this sorting one way or another. There's certainly something going on behind the scenes (Raiola mentions Solskjaer should remember what he told Pogba in the summer) and that seems to suggest he was perhaps told he could leave? It's strange really as Ole and Paul go a long way back and I'm surprised Pogba would deliberately cause issues with a club legend and probably the nicest bloke you could want to meet. I could see the potential for a clash with Jose but this has surprised me.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think it’s 50/50. He’ll either stay and sign a bumper new deal or he’ll leave for around 100M. The price reflects his quality as a player, the inflation of the market, and his commercial value. As of last year he was ranked as the 4th most marketable player in the world.

What’s key for the club is that they get out the gate early and sign the players we want. If we know we are going to sell him, which the club will internally know by the end of the season; then we need to sign our replacement early. From there we can hold out for the fee we want as long as we need to. Worse case, we can just keep him. We control the narrative then.

If we spend all summer faffing about and dancing to the tune of Raiola, we’ll be left desperate and paying inflated fees for mediocrity. Pivotal summer for the future of the club. We need marquee signings, and potentially a Pogba replacement.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I did think this but I'm not as sure he will now after the Raiola comments. There's certainly an issue between him and Solskjaer. Perhaps we can hope Raiola isn't happy and feels Solskjaer is driving a wedge between him and his client? Ultimately I want this sorting one way or another. There's certainly something going on behind the scenes (Raiola mentions Solskjaer should remember what he told Pogba in the summer) and that seems to suggest he was perhaps told he could leave? It's strange really as Ole and Paul go a long way back and I'm surprised Pogba would deliberately cause issues with a club legend and probably the nicest bloke you could want to meet. I could see the potential for a clash with Jose but this has surprised me.
Raiola has always run his mouth. I wouldn’t read too much into it. He did it the last time Pogba came up to a renewal. He’s a shitbag. But it’s how he negotiates. He doesn’t care about ruffling feathers. I don’t take it as a sure fire sign that there are problems behind the scenes with Pogba. The manager has spoken hugely positively of PP all season, and the word from inside the club is what a positive pro he is. I’d wager this is just Raiola being Raiola.

TheReligion

Abusive
Raiola has always run his mouth. I wouldn’t read too much into it. He did it the last time Pogba came up to a renewal. He’s a shitbag. But it’s how he negotiates. He doesn’t care about ruffling feathers. I don’t take it as a sure fire sign that there are problems behind the scenes with Pogba. The manager has spoken hugely positively of PP all season, and the word from inside the club is what a positive pro he is. I’d wager this is just Raiola being Raiola.
Do you think it's at a point where the club needs to move past this in the summer though? I do feel it's a mental barrier on us pushing this squad forward.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
You're very optimistic.

Its obvious if there were no problems there would be no shite coming out of that shite hawks mouth.

Pogba wont get to double figures in appearances for us between no and the end of the season.
Personally I think he's going and the sooner the better.

gajender

I believe United despite all the circus around Pogba off late are reluctant to let him leave we would have greater clarity once season is over though ,depending on who our manager is next summer I could see us offering a new improved contract to Pogba and him accepting it if we show enough ambition as Club wanting to compete at highest level with our Summer transfer activity maybe that's me being highly optimistic but that's how see the situation panning out.

jesperjaap

Personally thought at the time it was crazy we didnt get rid of him last summer and spend the money elsewhere, we could have bought Fernandes and another signing then. Hugely talented, but the consistency of his performances doesnt warrant anywhere near the fees and supposed world class player, let alone the social media circus and toxic agent that goes with it. Remember Ferguson sacrificing Beckham when the media stuff got too big, he would have been shot of Pogba ages ago

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Do you think it's at a point where the club needs to move past this in the summer though? I do feel it's a mental barrier on us pushing this squad forward.
Yes, I do. If I was running the club I would sell him this summer without a doubt. I would just be sure to sign his replacement before I let him go. I would refuse to let him be at the Center of speculation. He’s leave on our terms, on our time. And I’d stonewall Raiola until we’d done the business we’d wanted. I wouldn’t even take his call.

But yes, I absolutely agree. The circus has run its course. He needs to go.

Bondi77

Real paid less that one hundred mil for Hazard and he had consistently been top three in the Premier league in all his time at Chelsea and on a few occasions he was the best.
I believe that Pogba genuinely thinks he is better than he is and that is part of the problem.
He has good technique but he is not good in tight spaces and when he is pressured, he is not a good finisher and he is a turnstile in defence and any top manager now will see that.
He was good in the World Cup but that is alongside Kante and Matuidi who will do a mountain of work and he is not going to do that.
He will probably sell a lot of shirts at his next club as he seems a bit of a character with the haircut and the big smile but when it comes to performances on the pitch he is just to inconsistent to be called a top player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Best case scenario is that he comes back to decent/full fitness, helps us in any he can clinching a CL spot, has a fantastic Euro 2020, his value increases and we sell him.

dirkey

I find it amazing you think this. He has clearly been using his agent as a mouthpiece for over a year. He has long since checked out.

Good riddance.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Just by coincidence Pogba's bro turned up on Spanish Tele, hours after the Raiola outburst, saying the whole world knows Pogba wants to go. Almost like they planned it...:rolleyes:

Adamsk7

Just get rid. He’s not that good. We’ve not done any worse this season without him than we did last season with him.

Honestly I don’t think he’s even as good (and certainly not as consistent in our league) as the players we are linked with, Maddison and Grealish, so the only way we’ll get £100m+ for him is because of his marketability.

Seems to come with a lot of baggage and other clubs might look at him now, after a season of being injured/possibly sulking, and go “nah you’re ok”

The Euros might save us as he’ll likely have a blinder in that brilliant French side

UpWithRivers

The only reason he hasn't gone is because no one will cough up the 130-150 mill he is worth. So they start all this nonsense and we will end up getting 100 mill for him which is nothing. Yes nothing when you consider a replacement will be 80-100 easily. Even someone like Grealish. How much do you think Villa will let him go for because I bet it will be at least 70-80. Maddison? 80/90? So basically we are swapping Pogba for Grealish/Madisson. That isnt a fair value for Pogba. Yeah Hazard went for 100ish but his contract was running out.

Mainoldo

He’ll stay if no one can afford him and if we match his ambitions all will be forgotten. Fans on here acting like they will remember this when he comes back playing well and helps us get top 4.

kouroux

The only reason he hasn't gone is because no one will cough up the 130-150 mill he is worth. So they start all this nonsense and we will end up getting 100 mill for him which is nothing. Yes nothing when you consider a replacement will be 80-100 easily. Even someone like Grealish. How much do you think Villa will let him go for because I bet it will be at least 70-80. Maddison? 80/90? So basically we are swapping Pogba for Grealish/Madisson. That isnt a fair value for Pogba. Yeah Hazard went for 100ish but his contract was running out.
Which is still a lot all things considered for a player whose contract was running out.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Best case scenario is that he comes back to decent/full fitness, helps us in any he can clinching a CL spot, has a fantastic Euro 2020, his value increases and we sell him.
Agree. Win win for all parties. Even if no one comes in with an acceptable offer, which is very likely, and he stays, the media circus will stay with him and we'll have this constant speculation before and after every transfer window.

I still can't believe there are any fans who even think Pogba wants to stay in any capacity. Raiola is his authorised mouthpiece and could be shut up at any time ... but Pogba chooses to allow it to continue and every time it is at the detriment to our club.

SAF was always very strict on this type of thing and while I didn't always agree with every decision he made, he wouldn't have tolerated the current situation with Pogba / Raiola..

kouroux

Agree. Win win for all parties. Even if no one comes in with an acceptable offer, which is very likely, and he stays, the media circus will stay with him and we'll have this constant speculation before and after every transfer window.

I still can't believe there are any fans who even think Pogba wants to stay in any capacity. Raiola is his authorised mouthpiece and could be shut up at any time ... but Pogba chooses to allow it to continue and every time it is at the detriment to our club.

SAF was always very strict on this type of thing and while I didn't always agree with every decision he made, he wouldn't have tolerated the current situation with Pogba / Raiola..
Personally, the media circus is something I have never cared about, I think fans give it way too much importance. What annoys is that our most valuable asset is losing value by not playing. He can want out as it's his right, I just don't want the club to sell him cheaply

RAVred

'His post is untenable at this point'

something thats said about managers often

Gutted he didnt work at Utd because hes one of the best midfielders of his generation easily, but its time to go

SATA

His brothers whoever he is are cnuts as well. Absolute shitebags riding on their youngest brother's fame and talking trash. Makes Raiola look like an angel

Member 90887

What Raiola is doing just shows the level of respect he and Pogba have for the club. To think that people are still defending Pogba in this story. He's definitly approving what Raiola is doing.

Just sell him and get rid of this cancerous situation.

romufc

What Raiola is doing just shows the level of respect he and Pogba have for the club. To think that people are still defending Pogba in this story. He's definitly approving what Raiola is doing.

Just sell him and get rid of this cancerous situation.
Railoa has only respects for money, nothing else. His players cannot hack the PL because of too much competition.

Pogba should not play for this club again.

AneRu

Railoa has only respects for money, nothing else. His players cannot hack the PL because of too much competition.

Pogba should not play for this club again.
My thoughts exactly, we shouldn't allow him to use the club to gain form for France when he has been dragging out his injury for nearly the whole season only to come out and declare himself fit in time for the Euros.

romufc

My thoughts exactly, we shouldn't allow him to use the club to gain form for France when he has been dragging out his injury for nearly the whole season only to come out and declare himself fit in time for the Euros.
It is annoying when fans are excited to see what happens when Pogba is back. We are meant to be building for next season, we have gone through rough spells without Pogba.

Why should we play him knowing he won't be here next year and he will only be playing to get fitness for the Euros, not to help Manutd.

The relationships have been so far skewered, I would not want him anywhere near the team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm a huge Pogba fan and love watching him play - but we're not at the stage where it has to be decided.

Pogba either sacks Raiola and stays and signs a new contract - or we sell him this summer and never sign a Raiola client again.

The team has proved we can live without Pogba in his abscence, but we need to replace him in the summer with similarly talented players.

The club doesn't need this negativity hanging around no matter how good he can be.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Didn't exactly set the world alight before He went missing so I cannot be arsed whether He stays or leaves. We knew He wanted out even when Jose was still here.

crossy1686

career ending
The Pogba situation has gone too far now, he absolutely has to go for the good of the club.

Even if he wasn't injured, it might be worth telling him to go and train in Dubai with the aim of getting fit for the Euro's. He shouldn't play for the club again or pollute the dressing room.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If I was a betting man,which I'm not, I'd put money on Pogba returning to turin.

I dont think Perez has any interest in signing Pogba and especially a big name Raiola client.

Plus, Perez being on good terms with Jose would know all about the type of character Paul is.