Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The club has been nothing but supportive of Pogba. What is this shit?

Even got rid of Mourinho during their personal dispute, which if I recall correctly was what we all thought was the main reason for Pogba wanting to leave. They tried the true and tested method once again with Ole not long ago but it backfired when we won against Chelsea instead of losing and they ended up looking stupid. Of course they backtracked after failing to create the narrative that Pogba is too good for the club and that Ole has to leave like Mourinho or we'll lose Pogba. Create panic, get him a move or get a bigger payday with a new contract. It's all money games at the end of the day, I'm surprised you don't see that.

It's actually really transparent at this point. Di Maria still getting abuse, but at least you can respect him for being honest and direct.
Wow he really lives rent free in your head.

Create panic, backtrack because we won a game:lol:

Coops73

how do you disagree ? I’ve said exactly that. Riola has done as Pogba asked....apologised and backtracked.
I’ve no doubt Pogba wants to leave, and rightly so given the treatment he’s received, however you really can’t have it both ways to suit your narrative.

either he’s controlling his agent or he isn’t
I’m disagreeing that the circus is in the fans heads, the bit i bolded. It’s not a circus fans have just dreamt up to suit a “narrative” it’s a circus that Pogba a Raiola have created, they’ve gone and erected the fecking big top in the middle of Old Trafford themselves.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Wow he really lives rent free in your head.

Create panic, backtrack because we won a game:lol:
What you're saying doesn't even make a slight bit of sense. I'm putting you on ignore, you're clearly a weirdo.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

His brother has been back on TV pushing Pogba to Real Madrid.

Alabaster Codify7

Pogba's brother would not be saying a word in the media without Paul's approval, the sooner some people accept that the sooner we can move away from these berserk questions about "how we fit Pogba in the team" and "when is he due back".

It's time to end the circus. Fernandes is Pogba's replacement, let's get another CM and a CDM in the summer and hit the ground running.

romufc

Pogba's brother would not be saying a word in the media without Paul's approval, the sooner some people accept that the sooner we can move away from these berserk questions about "how we fit Pogba in the team" and "when is he due back".

It's time to end the circus. Fernandes is Pogba's replacement, let's get another CM and a CDM in the summer and hit the ground running.
Yet there will be people on here defending him. He can easily tell his brother to mind his own business. The thing is he keeps going on about Madrid, they need to make an offer first.

This is why we need to stop thinking of Pogba as a United player, yes he may help us get top 4 but I wouldn't put him in the team straight away. Maybe if we are drawing / losing or we want to rest Bruno.

We need to build without Pogba.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm just going to copy what someone else said in another Pogba tread

Christ some fans are so insecure. Pretty much all top players flirt with other clubs sometimes. Ronaldo used to do it every season at Real. Messi has done it. Hazard did it at Chelsea. It's part of football and I have no idea why fans are so sensitive.

It's just playing the game. Pogba will either get a move away or he will sign a big new contract. Until then he is a United player. He also happens to be extremely good at what he does, so I have no idea why you wouldn't want him back playing in the squad.

romufc

I'm just going to copy what someone else said in another Pogba tread
Yes, all players flirt but this is not flirting is it?

When you have a players agent and brother coming out saying for 7 months he wants to play for Real Madrid it is not just flirting anymore.

Posh Red

Yes, all players flirt but this is not flirting is it?

When you have a players agent and brother coming out saying for 7 months he wants to play for Real Madrid it is not just flirting anymore.
How is it different from Hazard, who actually said himself that he would like to move for well over a year before he left, in interviews whilst wearing his Chelsea shirt? He still continued playing for Chelsea, because he's a top player and it doesn't make sense not to play him.

romufc

How is it different from Hazard, who actually said himself that he would like to move for well over a year before he left, in interviews whilst wearing his Chelsea shirt? He still continued playing for Chelsea, because he's a top player and it doesn't make sense not to play him.
Because the Hazard deal was a bit like Ronaldo where all the fans knew he is gone.
During the season, Hazard and /or his entourage never criticised Chelsea and he kept saying I will play my best for Chelsea.
Hazard in the past season had also been PFA player and served them really well.

Posh Red

Because the Hazard deal was a bit like Ronaldo where all the fans knew he is gone.
During the season, Hazard and /or his entourage never criticised Chelsea and he kept saying I will play my best for Chelsea.
Hazard in the past season had also been PFA player and served them really well.
And Pogba was in the PL team of the season last year. Despite what some fans here say, he was very good last season for the most part. He has also came back early from injury when we needed him.

TheReligion

Abusive
So what does he brother actually say? That Pogba wants to go to Madrid or he wants him to?

Seems like the latter to me.

romufc

And Pogba was in the PL team of the season last year. Despite what some fans here say, he was very good last season for the most part. He has also came back early from injury when we needed him.
Yes, he was good no question. He is a fantastic footballer. On a given day, he is one of the best in midfield.

The problem I have with players like Pogba, they seem to hide when the team is down.

He has not come back early, Ole said 4-6 weeks. He was due to start training with McTominay during our winter break. McTominay has been playing for last 2 weeks.

Posh Red

Yes, he was good no question. He is a fantastic footballer. On a given day, he is one of the best in midfield.

The problem I have with players like Pogba, they seem to hide when the team is down.

He has not come back early, Ole said 4-6 weeks. He was due to start training with McTominay during our winter break. McTominay has been playing for last 2 weeks.
He came back early in a cup game earlier this season, thus aggravating an injury

I also have no idea where this idea comes from that he hides when the team is down. Was he not significantly involved in comeback's vs Chelsea and City in the past, for instance? Where is the evidence that he is any worse when the team is down when compared to any of our other players?

romufc

He came back early in a cup game earlier this season, thus aggravating an injury

I also have no idea where this idea comes from that he hides when the team is down. Was he not significantly involved in comeback's vs Chelsea and City in the past, for instance? Where is the evidence that he is any worse when the team is down when compared to any of our other players?
I think you misunderstood me. I am not saying when he is in the team and the team is playing badly. That is a different issue because when you have players like Lingard / Perreira, you can make the best look bad.

I meant when he is out of the team like now when he is injured and we were struggling for results. We saw Rashford being positive, with Pogba all we saw is his agents and brother commenting.

When we beat City, he puts up Manchester is red. That is what I mean.

Posh Red

I think you misunderstood me. I am not saying when he is in the team and the team is playing badly. That is a different issue because when you have players like Lingard / Perreira, you can make the best look bad.

I meant when he is out of the team like now when he is injured and we were struggling for results. We saw Rashford being positive, with Pogba all we saw is his agents and brother commenting.

When we beat City, he puts up Manchester is red. That is what I mean.
I just don't see an issue here personally. I don't read social media and I don't pay a great deal of attention to what his agent or brothers says, because in my eyes it just isn't important. What matters to me are his actions. If he wasn't committed to the club, then why did he play the cup game I mentioned? Why risk further injury?

romufc

I just don't see an issue here personally. I don't read social media and I don't pay a great deal of attention to what his agent or brothers says, because in my eyes it just isn't important. What matters to me are his actions. If he wasn't committed to the club, then why did he play the cup game I mentioned? Why risk further injury?
No idea why he played it, maybe because Ole was under real pressure back then and needed a result.

Anyway, that was September btw. We are now in March and he might not even start a game for another 2 weeks.

If he really wanted to, he could have waited till the end of the season to get the op. we have seen many players over the years do that, get op after the season.

crossy1686

career ending
Listened to an Athletic Podcast the other week that mentioned something about Raiola getting £10m if Pogba plays 100 games for United, but owing United £5m if he doesn't reach 100 games.

He's currently on 99 appearances...

Make of that what you will.

Posh Red

No idea why he played it, maybe because Ole was under real pressure back then and needed a result.

Anyway, that was September btw. We are now in March and he might not even start a game for another 2 weeks.

If he really wanted to, he could have waited till the end of the season to get the op. we have seen many players over the years do that, get op after the season.
So you are dismissing him coming back early previously, but are also making assumptions that he is not doing his best to be fit again? Surely the most logical interpretation is that he did want to be back playing, and is currently injured and not yet ready for legitimate reasons?

Also, how do you know the precise details of when he could and couldn't have had the operation? All injuries are different.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

For people who don't read any Spanish, Sport Witness has translated what Pogba's brother said in his recent TV appearance.

RedDevilUnited369

"I WANT MY BROTHER @paulpogba sign with REAL MADRID ". ATTENTION to #FlorentinPOGBA in #ChiringuitoPogba !

I want my brother to be stupidly rich but what I want and what my brother does are two different things.

See how that works?

Another non story.

DoomSlayer

"I WANT MY BROTHER @paulpogba sign with REAL MADRID ". ATTENTION to #FlorentinPOGBA in #ChiringuitoPogba !

I want my brother to be stupidly rich but what I want and what my brother does are two different things.

See how that works?

Another non story.
This narrative that Pogba has no clue about these media stints is bollocks.

Imagine if Rashford's brother came out and said he wants to go to Barcelona. The reaction would be mad.

romufc

So you are dismissing him coming back early previously, but are also making assumptions that he is not doing his best to be fit again? Surely the most logical interpretation is that he did want to be back playing, and is currently injured and not yet ready for legitimate reasons?

Also, how do you know the precise details of when he could and couldn't have had the operation? All injuries are different.
Because Ole came out and said it was his people who suggested the surgery. Some injuries you can play. There have been players in the past who have done this and got the op done in the summer.

I am not saying he is or isnt doing his best to get back. I don't know what kind of effort he is putting in, the facts that I do know.

Gomez had a leg fracture and came back to playing within 2 weeks of training.

We have seen Pogba training for about 4/5 weeks now.

The squad goes out to a winter break in Spain to work on things etc, even McT joined the squad there. He was training in Dubai.

The winter break was to get squad morale, work on things on / off the pitch.

RedDevilUnited369

Imagine if Rashford's brother came out and said he wants to go to Barcelona. The reaction would be mad.
So you’re suggesting that whilst Pogba is working to get back fit, he contacts his brother requests he get himself interviewed so his brother can tell the local media that he wants his brother to go to RM?

His brother is irrelevant if he doesn’t talk about PP. If I’m the famous one in my family, I have no qualms in my family milking the media for their benefit as long as it does not directly affect what I’m doing.

This doesn’t affect Pogba or Utd.

It only affects fickle fans that buy into every drop of media exploitation.

Stay woke!!

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

So you’re suggesting that whilst Pogba is working to get back fit, he contacts his brother requests he get himself interviewed so his brother can tell the local media that he wants his brother to go to RM?

Hi brother is irrelevant if he doesn’t talk about PP. If I’m the famous one in my family, I have no qualms in my family milking the media for their benefit as long as it does not directly affect what I’m doing.

This doesn’t affect Pogba or Utd.

It only affects fickle fans that buy into every drop of media exploitation.

Stay woke!!
It's naive to believe Pogba has no idea what his brothers or his agent are saying, maybe even stupid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The Pogba brothers are grown men, they can do what they want.

The Madrid tv stations clearly pay them or give them the attention they crave, just to get them on and ask them about Paul. It's always this stupid Chiringuito show that just want a headline.

They want him to play for Real Madrid? so bloody what. I'm sure half of professional footballers want to play there also.

Posh Red

Because Ole came out and said it was his people who suggested the surgery. Some injuries you can play. There have been players in the past who have done this and got the op done in the summer.

I am not saying he is or isnt doing his best to get back. I don't know what kind of effort he is putting in, the facts that I do know.

Gomez had a leg fracture and came back to playing within 2 weeks of training.

We have seen Pogba training for about 4/5 weeks now.

The squad goes out to a winter break in Spain to work on things etc, even McT joined the squad there. He was training in Dubai.

The winter break was to get squad morale, work on things on / off the pitch.
And Ole has also since came out and clarified that is was also United medical team who also thought the operation was necessary.

cyberman

For people who don't read any Spanish, Sport Witness has translated what Pogba's brother said in his recent TV appearance.
He doesnt say anything that bad to be fair

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I see the Pogba situation relaxed. Now with Bruno doing so well, we don’t really rely on Pogba as we did before. If he wants to be part of the team and fight for a place, great, if not, we can reinvest and do at least as well. Win win now for United

romufc

And Ole has also since came out and clarified that is was also United medical team who also thought the operation was necessary.
Either way, I am less worried about this than say 4 months ago where Pogba was our only creator.

At this point, If he goes then its fine, we can use that money to replace him with say Grealish and Sancho.

If he stays, then we don't need Grealish and would still be happy with the squad.

If he is going to create an issue, then I would sell but if he thinks this team is going somewhere and wants to commit and help us win the league, I would be happy to keep him.

Either way, it seems like a win / win.

Posh Red

Either way, I am less worried about this than say 4 months ago where Pogba was our only creator.

At this point, If he goes then its fine, we can use that money to replace him with say Grealish and Sancho.

If he stays, then we don't need Grealish and would still be happy with the squad.

If he is going to create an issue, then I would sell but if he thinks this team is going somewhere and wants to commit and help us win the league, I would be happy to keep him.

Either way, it seems like a win / win.
Can't disagree with any of that

DanClancy

Why anyone would want to keep this clown is beyond me, sell him and buy a replacement who actually wants to play for the club. I'll be happy when the day him and Lingard are both gone.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He doesnt say anything that bad to be fair
Not really a circus, it's just facts at this point. It's not bad behaviour of Pogba's brother to be saying where he wants Paul to move when you know the context for it which seems to be forgotten by some fans on here a lot.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-wants-to-leave-manchester-united-mino-raiola

“Everyone within the club [United] from the manager to the owner knows Paul’s wishes,” Raiola told The Times. “Everyone knows the willingness of Paul to move on. We are in the process of that. Everyone knows what the feelings of Paul are.”
Pogba wants to move. His brother dreams about which club he wants to see him at. Not a huge deal, but I guess it's hard to stomach if you still believe Pogba really wants to be at United. If he really loves United then all this must be some kind of plot from Pogba's people to get more money from a new contract I presume? Not likely.

SATA

I see that his brothers are again leeching their overly famous little brother’s name to create something or news for themselves. It’s embarrassing really, they can’t stop talking about him