Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think we're making a mistake letting him leave.

He's a great player playing with crap around him and you can see that he knows that. Mentality wise he has given up a bit, but we need him to compete for the title when the team functions better.

Probably crap for a team struggling to compete to get top 4 but no doubt if we were a team competing in top 2 he would be useful
Thats an oxymoron. Pogba is not good enough in a team struggling to get top 4, and to be competing in top 2 we would need players on another level to Pogba. Will Pogba finally be useful then? Whats to say that these players wouldn't give up mentality wise too, from playing with an inferior player in him. That'll not make them compete. But then maybe they need better players around them too, like the best players in the world with no challengers to the title, then they will all start to play finally, like it suddenly matters.

chb23

Thats an oxymoron. Pogba is not good enough in a team struggling to get top 4, and to be competing in top 2 we would need players on another level to Pogba. Will Pogba finally be useful then? Whats to say that these players wouldn't give up mentality wise too, from playing with an inferior player in him. That'll not make them compete. But then maybe they need better players around them too, like the best players in the world with no challengers to the title, then they will all start to play finally, like it suddenly matters.
That's the thing though, he isn't an inferior player to the rest of the team. He's world class 'on his day', which is the key word. He's playing with crap around him and you can tell he's given up. In my opinion if he has other better players around him, we will get more out of him and we will see more from him. I get the feeling he knows he is playing with crap, hence the attitude. Not the best attitude to have, no arguing that.

We'll know the answer if he leaves us and goes and joins a proper team

promisedlanchiao

Why is this thread even necessary. The guy does not want to be hear and his performances over the last few months have reflected this. Just let him go (at a good price) and replace him with someone who dreams of playing for Manchester United and is willing to put in a shift for the shirt.

PieCrust

I was ok with letting Pogba go under Jose, but then he changed my mind with his mid-season form under Ole at first. I really thought Jose was a cancer, and Ole had figured out how to relate and motivate him. Now I don't know. He's such a talent, it's hard to not want him here, but it's obvious he cannot be relied on to lead the team. He's a player that with class around him, will excel, but he can't be bothered to be a leader which is what we need right now.

I guess SAF was right to let him leave the first time. But Pogba isn't the only problem with the squad. There's still plenty of players on the roster I'd bin before Pogba, but Real come in with an attractive bid, I would consider it.

Loublaze

ATLien
Why is this thread even necessary. The guy does not want to be hear and his performances over the last few months have reflected this. Just let him go (at a good price) and replace him with someone who dreams of playing for Manchester United and is willing to put in a shift for the shirt.
If he wants to leave he can go but the club should do what they can to convince him to stay IMO. Other big teams just don't let their big players leave without a fight. As far as replacing him goes we'd have to replace him with someone who brings more than just 'putting in a shift'. We have average players like Herrera and McTominay doing that already, and I think Herrera will stay.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What is this weird obsession with “taking the game by the scruff of the neck”?
People expect him to be like Gerrard and Robson when in reality he's far more like David Silva.

Stick Silva in your midfield for the past few years and I reckon he'd have performed with similar levels of frustration. Put him in a good attacking team and he'd be much better.

The Nani

People expect him to be like Gerrard and Robson when in reality he's far more like David Silva.

Stick Silva in your midfield for the past few years and I reckon he'd have performed with similar levels of frustration. Put him in a good attacking team and he'd be much better.
Except he’s nothing like Silva.

And the last paragraph is also BS.

Judas

Open to offers
Good luck with that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good luck with that.
People need to stop dreaming and romanticise about football...

We should try our best to keep him, we will be much worse off if he leaves. However, I understand that he wants to leave now so if he does, let's hope we get some serious money

yamo123x

Our best player by some way, our only creative spark, and we must try to keep and put good players around him to get the best out of him Having to play with slow negative players like matic mctominay fred and to an extent Herrera must be hard. At juve he had pirlo pjanic vidal... in french team he has kante, matuidi, tolisso,

His attitude(body language) is questioned regularly but could you honestly blame him for not being pi55ed off? Mediocre team not challenging for trophies, many overpaid players around him..its not quite the vision he was sold when he re-joined.
Throughout this bad spell whilst he hasnt been brilliant he is still by far and away our best player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yep. If he played for city right now he’d be heralded as one of the top players in the game. His passing feeding aguero, sterling, sane... he’d have over 20 assists easily this season.

I’m fed up of trying to defend him as people have made up their minds. They obviously think the story from Jose is true and they’ve decided to now make him a scapegoat.

Just some posts above are saying “you can see he doesn’t care” when that’s total utter bollocks. He was chasing down the striker in the 96th minute while nobody else was.

Pogba will never be like Kante or Keane as he just doesn’t have their stamina, but then he brings different things to the table than what they can.

In your opinion do you think we should sell him? Would you if he played for Liverpool?

Zaboot

Why does he never (or rarely) grab a match by the scruff?

Is it not in his mode? Is he not capable of such? Is he bored and lost amidst a sea of shit?

Today, amongst dozens of other matches, was when the likes of Keane, Robson, Vieira, Zidane, Gerrard (with/without starfish), etc. would take control and dominate.

Does Pogba require other top tier supporting players to shine week in, week out?
Pogba is a luxury player who will only look good consistently with quality players around him. No way a leader and definitely a supporting player to a fully functioning team.

el3mel

@Loublaze I just watched this and thought it was worth mentioning re our discussion yesterday regarding leadership. Lindelof in this scene is trying to regroup his teammates after the equalizer so that their head doesn't go down and try to keep pushing. That's what you expect a leader quality player to do and even more in such situations. Our original captain, Ashley Young, is doing feck all here and acting like he's a normal player not the one holding the armband !

Untd55

Pogba is a player you add to a great team. He is not a player you buy when you are trying to build one. I think Dybala is similar in that way.

Loublaze

ATLien
@Loublaze I just watched this and thought it was worth mentioning re our discussion yesterday regarding leadership. Lindelof in this scene is trying to regroup his teammates after the equalizer so that their head doesn't go down and try to keep pushing. That's what you expect a leader quality player to do and even more in such situations. Our original captain, Ashley Young, is doing feck all
here and acting like he's a normal player not the one holding the armband !

You can't take this clip in isolation as proof of leadership. Young has done this himself countless times. I specifically remember him doing this after City took a 2-0 lead in the derby last season when we came back to win 2-3. I've even seen Smalling and Jones do this as well

el3mel

You can't take this clip in isolation as proof of leadership. Young has done this himself countless times. I specifically remember him doing this after City took a 2-0 lead in the derby last season when we came back to win 2-3. I've even seen Smalling and Jones do this as well
The point is the leader is the one who keeps his head in the game every time and be the one to do this all the time, not just one or 2 times. Lindelof may not be a leader himself but I found this as an indication of what a leader should be doing. Take this clip and do it in every game while being the vocal of the team on the pitch against the opposition and in front of the ref.

fps

When Pogba rejoined United, I wonder what Man Utd told him in terms of their project. I can't imagine he's pleased with the recruitment around him. He looks in front of him and there's a raw 21 year old, looks sideways and there's a 30 year old tryer or two, looks behind him and there's Phil Jones.

Bojan11

Just get rid if he wants to go.

There’s a ton of playmakers around to replace him. Signing a top striker is harder these days as they hard to find.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Except he’s nothing like Silva.

And the last paragraph is also BS.
Pogba is a 'luxury' player though in the same way that Silva is. You need the foundation around him for him to be effective. He's never consistently had it here and has struggled as a result.

Morpheus 7

Get the money for him, the rats want off the ship. Honestly don't care who goes, De Gea will be sad but good luck to yous. We need players who want to be here.

el3mel

James Ducker actually said Raiola already talked with Madrid. :lol:

Mino Raiola, Pogba’s agent, has held talks with Real and it is possible he will tell Woodward once the season is over that the Spanish club are prepared to offer about £100m, a slight increase on the fee United paid Juventus in 2016.
Only 100m, Woodward will never agree on this.

Fun summer is coming ahead of us folks! Chairs will be thrown at Carrington. :lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't care about Pogba, he's probably a big part of the problem, but money is no good to us, we need players, so if he goes then we have to do some swapsies with Madrid.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Paul Pogba is an outstanding player who will thrive in a team on the cusp of success. He is a luxury player who will make winning teams win more and more regularly.

He is not a player you turn to in a crisis to drag you across the line into 4th in order to turn a shambolic season into a passable one.

We won't be a team that will challenge or one that Pogba would thrive in during his career. Best for everyone for him to move on. Before we focus on the very best out there, we need to build the foundations.

Darius_MUFC1991

Barbados, formally Ripon and South London
When Pogba rejoined United, I wonder what Man Utd told him in terms of their project. I can't imagine he's pleased with the recruitment around him. He looks in front of him and there's a raw 21 year old, looks sideways and there's a 30 year old tryer or two, looks behind him and there's Phil Jones.
In the last two years, 4 transfer windows, we have signed Matic, Sanchez, Lindelof, Lukaku, Fred , Grant and Dalot.

I can't believe Pogba was told these would be the level of players signed when he came in.

We really expect Pogba to stick around for yet another rebuild?

I will be shocked if De Gea stays as well.

Careful what you are wishing for lads, because 13 goals and 9 assists in this team, isnt an easy one to replace.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
In the last two years, 4 transfer windows, we have signed Matic, Sanchez, Lindelof, Lukaku, Fred , Grant and Dalot.

I can't believe Pogba was told these would be the level of players signed when he came in.

Careful what you are wishing for lads, because 13 goals and 9 assists in this team, isnt an easy one to replace.
Betis pretty much got this from Lo Celso and all they paid was 22 million to PSG.

The Nani

Pogba is a 'luxury' player though in the same way that Silva is. You need the foundation around him for him to be effective. He's never consistently had it here and has struggled as a result.
Of course he's a luxury player. But he plays deeper than Silva most of the time. And he has a long way to go comparatively as Silva is far more efficient than he is.

He's much more comparable to Yaya or Gerrard. Or he should be anyway.

Bojan11

What do you mean wish for?

He wants to leave, what do you want the club to do? Yes be careful what you wish for because if he doesn’t get his way then he can be poisonous in that dressing room next season.

Robertd0803

Off with him. Just use the money to buy a proper midfield which should be possible.

cyberman

Flop. He's an expensive Sigurdsson who lacks consistency but has moments of class.
He's a mid 2000s player and despite his profile just doesn't fit into modern top sides styles of play.

Dan600

Let me guess, he wants to leave desperately but won’t hand in a transfer request and forgo a ‘loyalty’ bonus...

Mainoldo

If they can’t afford him they won’t get him. It’s that simple. I’m sure they held us to ransom over friggin b tec Morata. Good luck to them this summer. Not our fault they ain’t got the money like they use to. It wasn’t coincidence Zidane walked out of a re build and I will call it now. This new project of theirs is going to fail.

rotherham_red

Paul Pogba is an outstanding player who will thrive in a team on the cusp of success. He is a luxury player who will make winning teams win more and more regularly.

He is not a player you turn to in a crisis to drag you across the line into 4th in order to turn a shambolic season into a passable one.

We won't be a team that will challenge or one that Pogba would thrive in during his career. Best for everyone for him to move on. Before we focus on the very best out there, we need to build the foundations.
I agree he's an outstanding player, but he's not one that has an obvious fit in any of the tactical setups employed by the big teams, other than being the spare man in a 4-3-3. He's not got the cutting edge or consistent influence to be a 10. He's non-existent off the ball as a 6 or being a part of a double pivot, and he hasn't got the workrate to be the 8. He's an attacking midfielder, but the consistency in application and performance just isn't there to warrant building the team around him.

I wish him well at Madrid, but if he turns up with the same lackadaisical demeanour and attitude there, he won't last long.