Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Classical Mechanic

Came bottom in a poll in AS for players that the Madrid fans want to sign.

The board don’t want him and neither do the fans. I think he would be ill advised to join them. It won’t take much for them to turn on him.

Houdini

Let him go for big money. Great player but bad mentality. Keep Lukaku instead and bring another top midfielder with better workrate and discipline.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Honest truth is we are stuck with each other. Hope he gives it everything this season.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

The board don’t want him and neither do the fans. I think he would be ill advised to join them. It won’t take much for them to turn on him.
Sounds like the De Gea situation from a few years ago. He wanted them more than they wanted him.

Pogba had a decent season statistically, but with a lot of poor spells. If he wants Madrid or Barca, he's going to have to give us one extraordinary season with a much better ratio of good games to poor games.

arthurka

Let him go for big money. Great player but bad mentality. Keep Lukaku instead and bring another top midfielder with better workrate and discipline.
There is only one player there worth keeping and its not Lukaku.

el3mel

Madrid fans have high standards and won't accept inconsistent performance or being invisible in big games. They know what they will get with Pogba so of course they will refuse such shite.

Classical Mechanic

The poll results were

1. Eden Hazard - 53,700 votes

2. Luka Jovic - 34,700

3. Christian Eriksen - 25,300

4. Neymar - 16,900

5. Tanguy Ndombele - 16,400

6. Paul Pogba - 13,800

jackal&hyde

Keeping him would be the best business we could do this summer. Top, top player with the heart in the right place that can become ballon d'or contender if he is not surrounded by smallings and youngs.

Owen06

Not surprising is it?
When a whole country is making you take the fall for an underperforming team it's hard for other clubs to take you serious, what the madrid fans don't know is that every single player in that pole as been average over a period of time this season but it doesn't get mentioned as much as pogba.
Madrid fans may not know but signing him will be a fantastic business, he'll be very good for them especially alongside the top attackers they are going for this summer.

Loublaze

ATLien
Madrid fans have high standards and won't accept inconsistent performance or being invisible in big games. They know what they will get with Pogba so of course they will refuse such shite.
They are entitled spoiled brats who also booed some of their best players like both Ronaldos, Bale, Raul and Zidane. Pogba would be an upgrade on a few of their under performing midfielders. He had better stats than all of them this season.

Halal Jalal

If we could swap Pogba for Dybala and Sandro I'd take that.
Are you serious? We should offer them Lukaku for Dybala in straight swap deal (their values are comparable according to transfermarkt) and look for a younger LB than Sandro.
Dybala would be an excellent addition (proven to work well with Paul) but he's not worth even half as much as PP.

The poll results were

1. Eden Hazard - 53,700 votes

2. Luka Jovic - 34,700

3. Christian Eriksen - 25,300

4. Neymar - 16,900

5. Tanguy Ndombele - 16,400

6. Paul Pogba - 13,800
Madrid fans are known bigots, these results have nothing to do with Paul's quality. He's better than all of their midfielders combined.

Kaglish10

I don't know if Pogba will leave but I really want him to leave because he would always want to leave and there is no use keeping an unhappy player and also, there are too much weakness in his game. He's obviously talented because he's highly visionary but his weakness needs a lot of work.

First, his work rate and stamina is something that need to be worked upon, which I doubt could be improved because he's got this langiud laid back style which makes him suitable for the no 10 role (similar to Ozil) however his first touch interplay, agility, movement and speed of thought are not as good hence why he keeps hovering between the no 10 and central midfield role. He's neither a no 10 nor a central midfielder.

Secondly, the weakness I already touched upon which are first touch passing interplay skills, movement and quick speed of thought are also needed in the midfield to control the tempo. Pogba's first instinct to have a feel of the ball before making a pass and his constant love for punting long ball into open space for a runner can only be effective in a counter attacking France setup which had Mbappe as a runner on the wing. If he was a no 6, it would be understandable (I actually feel he plays as a no 6 for France).

But to be able to control the tempo in the midfield as a no 8, a midfielder needs much more than just long passes. His speed of thought must be quick and must always be the right decision and also, he must always be on the move to help to keep the play moving through his passes and movement and also, provide options with his movement and position in the midfield.

Lastly, he should be able to make quick first touch vertical passes into open space in between the lines unless the middle is packed up hence the need to quickly switch play to the wings or make a long pass whenever an opportunity opens up for one however It's not just about making long passes like Pogba loves to do. I have watched Pogba many times and his first touch interplay are just not good enough. Even when he's not making his trademark long passes, his first touch vertical interplay is a bit slow, average and not zappy enough to keep the play flowing. So also is his movement. Obviously, he's not been helped by having a coward in Herrera on the pitch who hardly provides option while Pogba's on the ball and would rather hide until we're no more in possession but still, Pogba needs to do better. He's got talent in other areas such as his creativity/vision and passing range which are good however he's a bit of luxury to have in the midfield and need the midfield to be just perfect for him.

Since he wants to go to Madrid, I would love if we could use him to get Ceballos from Madrid. Let's say 100mil + Ceballos because Pogba would always want to leave like he's been singing all through the season hence it's better we start preparing for a life without him. While Ceballos doesn't have the passing range of Pogba, his first touch vertical interplay is one of the best. Likewise his movement and workrate. He's been much more daring while he's with the Spanish national team than with Madrid where he often withdraw into his shell, probably scared of making mistake. If we could bring in both Ceballos and Van de Beek into the midfield, we already solved our issue in the midfield because they are both incisive, good first touch passer and have got good work rates capped with Tonali at the base of the midfield.

I did a comparison stat with Ceballos, Pogba, Matic, Herrera and Van de Beek (His 2017/2018 stat when he was deployed as a no 8) (the eredivisie is obviously a weak league though but at least the stat shows us what he's capable of.

Last edited:

Canagel

I don't know if Pogba will leave but I really want him to leave because he would always want to leave and there is no use keeping an unhappy player and also, there are too much weakness in his game. He's obviously talented because he's highly visionary but his weakness needs a lot of work.

First, his work rate and stamina is something that need to be worked upon, which I doubt could be improved because he's got this langiud laid back style which makes him suitable for the no 10 role (similar to Ozil) however his first touch interplay, agility, movement and speed of thought are not as good hence why he keeps hovering between the no 10 and central midfield role. He's neither a no 10 nor a central midfielder.

Secondly, the weakness I already touched upon which are first touch passing interplay skills, movement and quick speed of thought are also needed in the midfield to control the tempo. Pogba's first instinct to have a feel of the ball before making a pass and his constant love for punting long ball into open space for a runner can only be effective in a counter attacking France setup which had Mbappe as a runner on the wing. If he was a no 6, it would be understandable (I actually feel he plays as a no 6 for France).

But to be able to control the tempo in the midfield as a no 8, a midfielder needs much more than just long passes. His speed of thought must be quick and must always be the right decision and also, he must always be on the move to help to keep the play moving through his passes and movement and also, provide options with his movement and position in the midfield.

Lastly, he should be able to make quick first touch vertical passes into open space in between the lines unless the middle is packed up hence the need to quickly switch play to the wings or make a long pass whenever an opportunity opens up for one however It's not just about making long passes like Pogba loves to do. I have watched Pogba many times and his first touch interplay are just not good enough. Even when he's not making his trademark long passes, his first touch vertical interplay is a bit slow, average and not zappy enough to keep the play flowing. So also is his movement. Obviously, he's not been helped by having a coward in Herrera on the pitch who hardly provides option while Pogba's on the ball and would rather hide until we're no more in possession but still, Pogba needs to do better. He's got talent in other areas such as his creativity/vision and passing range which are good however he's a bit of luxury to have in the midfield and need the midfield to be just perfect for him.

Since he wants to go to Madrid, I would love if we could use him to get Ceballos from Madrid. Let's say 100mil + Ceballos because Pogba would always want to leave like he's been singing all through the season hence it's better we start preparing for a life without him. While Ceballos doesn't have the passing range of Pogba, his first touch vertical interplay is one of the best. Likewise his movement and workrate. He's been much more daring while he's with the Spanish national team than with Madrid where he often withdraw into his shell, probably scared of making mistake. If we could bring in both Ceballos and Van de Beek into the midfield, we already solved our issue in the midfield because they are both incisive, good first touch passer and have got good work rates capped with Tonali at the base of the midfield.

I did a comparison stat with Ceballos, Pogba, Matic, Herrera and Van de Beek (His 2017/2018 stat when he was deployed as a no 8) (the eredivisie is obviously a weak league though but at least the stat shows us what he's capable of.

This is all non matter. No player has everything and nobody is defined by what they don't have. It still doesn't change fact there's only one creative mind in our team and that's the one our fans wants rid off. No real passing DM/CM, no ball playing CB, no creative winger, nothing.

Red_toad

Keeping him would be the best business we could do this summer. Top, top player with the heart in the right place that can become ballon d'or contender if he is not surrounded by smallings and youngs.
Not sure you can blame 2 defenders for his inept performances in midfield. Matic and Herrera yes but clutching at well plucked straws to blame players who have minimal impact on his performances. Bit like blaming Lukaku for De Gea having an off season.

Kaglish10

This is all non matter. No player has everything and nobody is defined by what they don't have. It still doesn't change fact there's only one creative mind in our team and that's the one our fans wants rid off. No real passing DM/CM, no ball playing CB, no creative winger, nothing.
But he wants to leave, doesn't he?

While I admit the team doesn't have enough support for him, he's still a luxury player to have in the midfield. No doubt he's our best player but if he really wants to leave, he should be allowed. Liverpool did same with Coutinho and they are better off with much more rounded midfield with plenty of work rates, one touch play, movement albeit it still lacks the needed creativity and fineness.

Hammondo

That is all true. We have a team attitude problem, and I think hes part of it and I think it shows in his play. Yes no one can do what he does and we depend on him a lot creatively, so we need to buy to fix that.

beingshe7don

Pogba needs to leave.... Mourinho may have been a crappy manager but Pogba is indeed a virus at United. I can't wait to see the back of Pogba.

Champagne Football

It's only a matter of time before Pogba speaks to the press saying 'There' s only 1 club I could ever leave Man Utd for and that's Newcastle. Always been my dream to play there'.... As soon as the City mafia takeover there too

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He probably does want to leave, but only because we've been shit and spent the entire last three years relying 100% on him to do everything. Then he gets torn apart in the media and by many fans when he can't do everything by himself.

Put someone else in there that can actually share the creative and organisational duties with him, we will be better as a team. If we do that and show signs that we are serious about improving, he probably won't want to leave anymore. And if anyone has a problem with that, do you actually think the likes of Keane and Giggs would have stayed with us for as long as they did if we spent the entire time in a situation like what Pogba has walked into?

Kaglish10

Pogba needs to leave.... Mourinho may have been a crappy manager but Pogba is indeed a virus at United. I can't wait to see the back of Pogba.
There are others who need to leave before him. Players such as Sanchez, Rojo, Herrera (he's out at last), Matic, Lingard, Darmain, Young, Jones, Mata etc.

But yes, we need a better much rounder midfielder than Pogba in the midfield.

Decomposing In Paris

As frustrated as I've been with Pogba this season, we should be building our team around him.

He needs hard working midfield partners, width in the team, a solid defence, and a clinical attack. That's a lot of problems for our current squad to be fixed... but it's actually not a lot for a world class midfielder to ask.

If we manage to add a quality CB (De Ligt), a couple of CMs (Rabiot & Ndidi) and bring some goal scoring/creating power in (Jovic/Felix/Sancho) and Pogba still doesn't perform? He'll be replaceable by another good midfielder or a system change. I think he'd thrive though.

Kaglish10

He probably does want to leave, but only because we've been shit and spent the entire last three years relying 100% on him to do everything. Then he gets torn apart in the media and by many fans when he can't do everything by himself.

Put someone else in there that can actually share the creative and organisational duties with him, we will be better as a team. If we do that and show signs that we are serious about improving, he probably won't want to leave anymore. And if anyone has a problem with that, do you actually think the likes of Keane and Giggs would have stayed with us for as long as they did if we spent the entire time in a situation like what Pogba has walked into?
His workrate still needs to be better though, so is his movement and one touch play. He's got many flaws in his game as a midfielder. He's been good for us hence the reason I don't shit on him always but if he really wants to leave, I would jump on the chance to bring in a much rounder midfielder.

Halal Jalal

As frustrated as I've been with Pogba this season, we should be building our team around him.

He needs hard working midfield partners, width in the team, a solid defence, and a clinical attack. That's a lot of problems for our current squad to be fixed... but it's actually not a lot for a world class midfielder to ask.

If we manage to add a quality CB (De Ligt), a couple of CMs (Rabiot & Ndidi) and bring some goal scoring/creating power in (Jovic/Felix/Sancho) and Pogba still doesn't perform? He'll be replaceable by another good midfielder or a system change. I think he'd thrive though.
Absolutely. It's ridiculous to criticise Paul when there's no one even close to his level in our team. Just try to imagine where we'd be without the league points he's won on his own last season - probably near the relegation zone.
I like the new players you suggested, but imo an ideal Pogba-centric rebuild should have some players which already proved themselves to be worthy of playing with PP. Dybala or Griezmann in attack, Matuidi + Kante as his midfield partners and Varane as new CB. Maybe De Ligt instead of Varane, he started following Paul's Instagram so it looks like he's eager to play here.

There's no doubt that Paul should be the captain next season, but we should also sign some "tough guy" veteran as vice-captain to help him out. Chiellini maybe?

Canagel

While I admit the team doesn't have enough support for him, he's still a luxury player to have in the midfield. No doubt he's our best player but if he really wants to leave, he should be allowed. Liverpool did same with Coutinho and they are better off with much more rounded midfield with plenty of work rates, one touch play, movement albeit it still lacks the needed creativity and fineness.
. Any ambitious club doesn't sell it's best players but we cannot give him the support like you have said so if he decides to leave I don't mind- he's far too good to be wasted in 6th place and EL football. Liverpool was already a well structured team before Coutinho left - this team has holes all over it so it's all the more strange if we think selling our only creative player is the first move that must happen.

TsuWave

the case of Paul Pogba is one that needs studying. I have never seen an academy graduate, who's by far the best player at the club, be so hated, and with seemingly no justifiable reason.

-Supreme-

We are in a win win situation with Pogba and in a strong position as he still has 3 years remaining on his current contract. I'm not bothered how this turns out

If he leaves we get a club record fee and reinvest the money

If he stays we still have a great player in our team

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
the case of Paul Pogba is one that needs studying. I have never seen an academy graduate, who's by far the best player at the club, be so hated, and with seemingly no justifiable reason.
Go and rewatch some of last seasons performances and see if that JOGS your memory.

Kaglish10

Absolutely. It's ridiculous to criticise Paul when there's no one even close to his level in our team. Just try to imagine where we'd be without the league points he's won on his own last season - probably near the relegation zone.
I like the new players you suggested, but imo an ideal Pogba-centric rebuild should have some players which already proved themselves to be worthy of playing with PP. Dybala or Griezmann in attack, Matuidi + Kante as his midfield partners and Varane as new CB. Maybe De Ligt instead of Varane, he started following Paul's Instagram so it looks like he's eager to play here.

There's no doubt that Paul should be the captain next season, but we should also sign some "tough guy" veteran as vice-captain to help him out. Chiellini maybe?
He doesn't need Kante nor Dybala to play better. He needs a playmaker like Marchiso or Pirlo.

It's neither Kante nor Griezmann that makes Pogba plays better for France. Actually, the role he's had isn't different from Fabinho's role for the counter attacking Monaco on their way to winning the French league. That is, to recycle the ball until a chance opens up to ping a long ball to Mbappe on the wing while Mbappe either make a cross, cut back into the box, drift inside to take shot or combine with the two forwards (Griezmann and Giroud). Monaco had Lemar in the place of Mbappe on the wing for them while Falcao and Mbappe were their equivalents to Giroud and Griezmann.

All what Kante/Bakayoko did was to recover the ball as quick as possible to enable for a quick counter attack while Fabinho/Pogba provides the creativity through their long passes and also, contribute their own quota in the defensive department. At the world cup, Pogba was disciplined, contributed his own share of defensive works and his long passes were a constant threat but he did nothing else in the playmaking aspect.

Also, it wasn't Kante or Griezmann who helped him to do his job. His strength was simply maximised by putting his long ball into use with Mbappe constantly making quick runs on the wing. The fact that he's got better team mates who actually made their own fair contribution to ensure France win each match helped in the team's morale and did a lot to his confidence but being disciplined was on Pogba and nothing else. Also, the system used was the one that catered to his strength. He wasn't asked to playmake in the midfield for example. He was to recycle the ball until a chance opened up for a quick counter while Mbappe was the enabler.

TsuWave

Go and rewatch some of last seasons performances and see if that JOGS your memory.
if you think bad performances justify the vitriol he receives, especially when, despite said performances, he's still the most productive player at the club, then you should be first in line for the study.

its almost as if players can't have drops in form and/or bad games. bunch of weirdos, man.

GM K

if you think bad performances justify the vitriol he receives, especially when, despite said performances, he's still the most productive player at the club, then you should be first in line for the study.

its almost as if players can't have drops in form and/or bad games. bunch of weirdos, man.
Justifying them or not is a completely different topic but it is really easy to see why many fans turn against Pogba. His inconsistency, his super star reputation juxtaposed with his performances, expectations placed on him, the team's overall poor performances, his 'battles' with his manager, his own attitude and comments etc.

Again, whether or not the reactions are justified or even based on realities is a different case. But pretty easy to understand why the reactions.