Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tony54

He's running rings around Bolivia for France right now. We'd be stupid to get rid of our best and only world class outfield player
Trouble is he only turns it in when it pleases him and I dont believe he is inducive to a good team moral.

jackal&hyde

Bottom line is that any move is more likely to be Raiola instigating than Paul because as Ole says, Paul is not the sort to throw a tantrum and demand a move and I do think he has a genuine affection for Solskjaer and the club. I am open to both outcomes, clearly Pogba is a great player but he was badly wasted in a team that did not know how to use him and so if he is staying I would like to see the team set up to get the best from him because if we are not going to do that then we might as well cash in.

I have advocated for AWB and either de Ligt or another top CB as our priority signings this summer and that is in large part due to the fact that we need to get over the notion that Pogba is there to provide defensive cover. I genuinely think a lot of his indecision on the ball this year came from the fear that if he tried something and it didn't come off he knew our defence couldn't bail him out. If we want to keep him and make him the focal point of our team we need to give him that security to play and express himself and stop expecting him to do 3 different jobs.
That's exactly my view of it to. I said in another thread that buying defenders that are good on the ball will do wonders for out entire play and would take a lot of pressure from our only creator. A well built team allows Pogba to be the world class player that we've seen at Juve and France, and even at United at times. This season he could have had double the number of assists if our forwards didn't suddenly decide to forget how to put the ball in the back of the net for prolong periods of time. I've heard respected pundits defend Young and Smalling while criticising Pogba while he is almost always our only player to create anything. Mind-boggling stuff.

It really is baffling this anti Pogba narrative i've seen in the media and on one or two youtube "fan channels". Le't fix some of the major issues in the team and Pogba will be best player in the league contender, i have no doubt.

Loublaze

ATLien
Trouble is he only turns it in when it pleases him and I dont believe he is inducive to a good team moral.
So Pogba's form affects ream morale now? He's been our best midfielder since he signed.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So Pogba's form affects ream morale now? He's been our best midfielder since he signed.
Not a high benchmark, and even then I'm more pleased with Herreras contribution relative to his role than I am Pogba.

jackal&hyde

Not a high benchmark, and even then I'm more pleased with Herreras contribution relative to his role than I am Pogba.
What do you make of his actual stats for the season and with being voted by his fellow professionals amongst the best in the league?

Loublaze

ATLien
Of course you are. The love of the golden boy Herrera is strong on this forum. How has Herrera contributed more in his position and overall?

RooneyLegend

Of course you are. The love of the golden boy Herrera is strong on this forum. How has Herrera contributed more in his position and overall?
This forum is odd at times. People on here seem to believe we can get by with mediocrity. Selling Pogba is asking for trouble given only God knows where we could get a replacement. Here's an idea, how about we add quality to the quality we already have and get rid of the mediocre players?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What do you make of his actual stats for the season and with being voted by his fellow professionals amongst the best in the league?
I don't agree with his inclusion and it was contraversial to say the least. Just look at the reaction it got.

As for his stats? Why don't we evaluate them rather than lazily saying "blargh goals and assists = our best player". You can dress stats up to make Martial look pretty too. Go and dig into his performances. Just under half his goals are all penalties and his contribution mostly came during a time we played shit oppositions, like Huddersfield, Burnley, Fulham, Bournemouth and Cardiff.

Then he stopped playing. Literally it's like he stopped playing. Anonymous whether it was Cardiff in the reverse fixture or Barcelona. He just stopped. Most of our team stopped and we are happy to see most of them sold. And yet Pogba has some armor of protection despite being paid in a way that correlates even less to his performances.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's been more hard working, played with more aggression, greater intensity in closing down opponents, recycled the ball quicker when he needed to and was generally more consistent in general individual level. Whilst Pogbas best games were better than Herreras best games, he was far far too up and down.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's been more hard working, played with more aggression, greater intensity in closing down opponents, recycled the ball quicker when he needed to and was generally more consistent in general individual level. Whilst Pogbas best games were better than Herreras best games, he was far far too up and down.
He plays a completely different role ffs mate.

They're both good players, but you don't buy Pogba to play Herrera's role - or vice versa.

And Pogba, whether you like it or not (and I'm guessing not from your tagline...) has been both our top scorer and top assister...

This just shouldn't be the case for a midfielder, it's a ludicrous stat.

Roboc7

Don’t see him leaving unless we’re willing to accept players in exchange. Juve or Madrid won’t stump up the cash so he’ll have to try again next season.

If he were to go it’s even more players to buy and I doubt we can even get ones we need already so it would probably be a disaster.

USREDEVIL

I don't see Pogba going. Not sure about what he wants, but if you look around, he doesn't seem to be a top priority for any of the big clubs so far. And he'll need to be a top priority since he'll cost so much.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Unless we get the proper money for him, he's going nowhere.

I do wonder, he was thrilled and happy with Ole, then all of a sudden everything went wrong. Did Ole do or say something that seemed to alienate a good portion of the dressing room? At least that's the way it looks to me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He plays a completely different role ffs mate.

They're both good players, but you don't buy Pogba to play Herrera's role - or vice versa.

And Pogba, whether you like it or not (and I'm guessing not from your tagline...) has been both our top scorer and top assister...

This just shouldn't be the case for a midfielder, it's a ludicrous stat.
Read my post though - I'm saying relative to their respective jobs. Besides I'm not the one who started comparing Pogba to other midfielders. The other poster said "he's our best midfielder". If he's the only midfielder with that remit why bother comparing him?

I don't give two shits about him being our top scorer, because it's being the best out of a really bad bunch doesn't make you world class, or worthy of £250k a week. If the whole side is slated he should be too, because he's been anonymous in just as many games as they have.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Read my post though - I'm saying relative to their respective jobs. Besides I'm not the one who started comparing Pogba to other midfielders. The other poster said "he's our best midfielder". If he's the only midfielder with that remit why bother comparing him?

I don't give two shits about him being our top scorer, because it's being the best out of a really bad bunch doesn't make you world class, or worthy of £250k a week. If the whole side is slated he should be too, because he's been anonymous in just as many games as they have.
Yeah, fair enough, I see you point overall.

But I don't see the need to bring his wages into it - that's not his fault, is it?

I also think that 'being the best of a bad bunch', does still count for something. I think it shows that he's our best player!

Halal Jalal

both our top scorer and top assister...
If that somehow isn't good enough, here's a stat proving he's the 3rd most decisive player in the world currently. Only behind Messi and Ronaldo in terms of individual contribution.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/...es_top_5/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Good enough for Real Madrid as the centrepiece of their rebuild (no doubt inheriting Modric's #10 and Ramos' armband in no time), good enough for Juve in their desperate push to break CL curse, but not good enough for us, right? Laughable.

Honestly, I believe we're done as a big club if we let Paul go. It would mean he has no hope for the project here - and if it really is back to Juve, that's pretty much an admission that he's regretting his return to Old Trafford. Imagine the shame!

Last edited by a moderator:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah, fair enough, I see you point overall.

But I don't see the need to bring his wages into it - that's not his fault, is it?

I also think that 'being the best of a bad bunch', does still count for something. I think it shows that he's our best player!
I have nothing against Pogba as a person, so I'm not criticising his character for earning the money he's earning. He's been offered a silly wage and anyone in his shoes would take it.

What I am against is this view that Pogba is so special that he's void of criticism or is essential towards our progress. The idea that we'd be much worse without him is one I cannot relate to, because I believe we can reinvest his transfer fee and wages into players that would suit the overall unit a lot better than he is individually.

What's more is that he wants out. Putting performances aside, it's never healthy for club nor player to be kept around when the player is unhappy or low on morale.

I also disagree that Pogba is our best player. He's most talented but I value other outputs more than his. I'm more impressed by the consistency of Lindelof throughout the season, or Herreras energetic input than I have been of Pogba's great 2 months out of 9.

Xaviboy

If we sell Pogba we need to buy 2 creating players. Whatever we get for him fee wise must go on 2 them creating midfielders. Once Pogba goes then we have no one in the team to create chances. It will be a tough watch next season if we don't replace him with the right players. He is the only one that can create something for us he just doesn't like to do the donkey work in midfield.

Rocknrolla69er

I have nothing against Pogba as a person, so I'm not criticising his character for earning the money he's earning. He's been offered a silly wage and anyone in his shoes would take it.

What I am against is this view that Pogba is so special that he's void of criticism or is essential towards our progress. The idea that we'd be much worse without him is one I cannot relate to, because I believe we can reinvest his transfer fee and wages into players that would suit the overall unit a lot better than he is individually.

What's more is that he wants out. Putting performances aside, it's never healthy for club nor player to be kept around when the player is unhappy or low on morale.

I also disagree that Pogba is our best player. He's most talented but I value other outputs more than his. I'm more impressed by the consistency of Lindelof throughout the season, or Herreras energetic input than I have been of Pogba's great 2 months out of 9.
I agree pal, he needs moving on

oreon

Pogba has 2 years left. If he won't extend his contract this summer, we have to sell him. If we don't sell him, we would be forced to sell him next summer at a cut price. All indications he won't sign another contract with us. Better sell him now for a huge fee, for which you can buy two quality midfielders

adman

We are already looking at the prospect of buying 2 midfielders with Herrera leaving, Matic getting old, Fred not fitting in, McTominay, Perriera still being young and inconsistent. Damn do we really wanna sell him, he looks the best out of this lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Le Red

This forum is odd at times. People on here seem to believe we can get by with mediocrity. Selling Pogba is asking for trouble given only God knows where we could get a replacement. Here's an idea, how about we add quality to the quality we already have and get rid of the mediocre players?
I have criticized Pogba a lot this season but still think this is the more intelligent approach.

davidmichael

How much do you think we can get for Pogba??

At a Minimum
Eriksen will cost 50 mil
Rice will cost 60 mil
Cancelo will cost 50mil

I'd take Eriksen for Rice in a heartbeat but doubt we'd have any change.

Its worth doing though, i'd be massively in favour if that was realistic
I don’t think Rice would cost more than £50 million, I think realistically we could get £150 million for Pogba seeing as he has 2 years left on his contract plus a 1 year add on clause we could activate. Eriksen has a year left on his contract so £50 million is a fair price all round and Cancelo seems to be expendable to Juve so I think they’d take £40 million although if he’s thrown in as an add on for Pogba we’re in a strong position.

Either way and in a worst case scenario we could get Eriksen, Rice, Rabiot and Cancelo but only spend a minimal amount (£25-£30 million ?) of what should be the biggest transfer fund we’ve ever gone with. I’d happily see us add Maddison for £50-£60 million too giving us options with Maddison, Eriksen, Rice, Rabiot, McTominay, Matic, Fred, Pereira, Garner and Gomes.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Pogba is on the cusp of having such an underwhelming club career considering how talented he is. Honestly think he's better off trying to win a major trophy or two with United than going and collecting a few more Serie A's, even if its in vain.

I don't take Juve seriously at all here. I just can't imagine them coming up with a remotely respectable offer for him. Same way I feel about Inter and Lukaku.

UncleBob

Christ.

Pogba isn't the problem, he's easily one of our best players and part of the solution required to improve performances and finish top 4 next season.

Selling him this summer makes no sense, and this whole reinvest idea is nonsensical given the other issues we have to address this summer. We already need to spend a considerable amount of money to strengthen our central midfield with two players, especially after losing Herrera, we need to address our right wing issue and we also need a new cb and a first choice fullback to make sure that Ashley Young will remain a backup option throughout the 19/20 season. Unless we lose more players, we're looking at bringing in 5 players where the majority will be first choice.

The odds of bringing in such a large amount of players and integrating them successfully into the team is small enough as it is, getting rid of one of our best outfield players at the same time and hoping to replace him with other players, making it even more difficult to succeed, makes no sense whatsoever. There's no reason to make matters worse and gamble on replacing quality players in hope that it'll improve us further.

Moriarty

Pogba is on the cusp of having such an underwhelming club career considering how talented he is. Honestly think he's better off trying to win a major trophy or two with United than going and collecting a few more Serie A's, even if its in vain.

I don't take Juve seriously at all here. I just can't imagine them coming up with a remotely respectable offer for him. Same way I feel about Inter and Lukaku.
Not unless they offer a part-ex deal. I wonder if Pogba would need to take a wage cut if he did go back to Turin.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Crazy to sell Pogba.

It's a pull factor to play with him. Nobody is coming because of Ole. There are at least 5 other mega rich clubs that can pay top dollar salaries. At least 3 of those have as rich a history as us.

Pogba is our main draw. His presence is a statement to other players that we've got a plan & ambition moving forward.

We've got old fecks Young, Mata, Matic, part-time ballers Lingard, Sanchez, Darmian, Pereira, brainless perma-crocks Rojo, Bailly, Jones, unconvincing fecks Lukaku, Smalling & questionable attitude fecks Shaw, Martial
but you guys want Pogba out first??

Red_Orchestra

No, we are not losing both Pogba and Lukaku in one transfer window. United are not anxious to sell there best player on the team and leading goal scorer, besides we'd probably get relegated if we sold Pogba.

Cliche Guevara

Is it not pretty clear that everyone who wants Pogba sold does so on the basis he wants to go, and we could get £130m for him?

Nobody is saying get rid of him for £25m and bring in Jonjo Shelvey.

Crashoutcassius

Looks like Madrid will sign Hazard and bring spending to 280m for the window. Are they really going to throw another 150m on pogba in one window? They will have a much much stronger case for him next year.

Juve move could happen but they would have to give up some good players and I would have thought the best players they have wouldn't love a move here.

UncleBob

Is it not pretty clear that everyone who wants Pogba sold does so on the basis he wants to go, and we could get £130m for him?

Pogba has the same thing in mind as he had when he joined us from Juventus, 3-4 seasons and move on, just as it was the plan when he joined Juventus from us.

RooneyLegend

So what? it's difficult for a club on our trajectory to attract top class players and now we want to make it harder on ourselves by losing the ones we already have?

Craig Ward

I don’t think Rice would cost more than £50 million, I think realistically we could get £150 million for Pogba seeing as he has 2 years left on his contract plus a 1 year add on clause we could activate. Eriksen has a year left on his contract so £50 million is a fair price all round and Cancelo seems to be expendable to Juve so I think they’d take £40 million although if he’s thrown in as an add on for Pogba we’re in a strong position.

Either way and in a worst case scenario we could get Eriksen, Rice, Rabiot and Cancelo but only spend a minimal amount (£25-£30 million ?) of what should be the biggest transfer fund we’ve ever gone with. I’d happily see us add Maddison for £50-£60 million too giving us options with Maddison, Eriksen, Rice, Rabiot, McTominay, Matic, Fred, Pereira, Garner and Gomes.
I do like the options in that midfield.

I think we would have to accept less than 150 for Pogba but if we could get 110-120 its worth it.

Midfield of Rabiot, Rice and Eriksen would be great.

I just cant see Eriksen coming here, Spurs are in a much better place. Rice seems happy and West ham would bang the price up to say 70

I just have no faith in Ed to get these deals done

flappyjay

It would be madness going into next season with 3 new midfield starters. If he wants to leave it has to be next summer, we need to bring in 2 cm's as it is.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Pogba has the same thing in mind as he had when he joined us from Juventus, 3-4 seasons and move on, just as it was the plan when he joined Juventus from us.
What's wrong with that? But we have rested on our laurels in the time he's been here. That's the problem. We are in no different a position to when he first joined. The top players with ambition aren't going to settle for that.

They will go to other clubs which are competing. I don't know why people hold that against Pogba.

manutddjw

I think he’s definitely leaving at some point. This is how his agent operates. Takes players and moves them every few seasons maximizing his earnings off them. I’m actually somewhat optimistic we’ll land De Ligt for this reason.

Do I want him to go? Absolutely not. I’m baffled how our fans can’t see the issue on getting rid of our best players so easy. Him and De Gea are the least of our concerns, yet so many of our fans think things will be better without them. I don’t get it.

UncleBob

What's wrong with that? But we have rested on our laurels in the time he's been here. That's the problem. We are in no different a position to when he first joined. The top players with ambition aren't going to settle for that.

They will go to other clubs which are competing. I don't know why people hold that against Pogba.
I didn't say it was a problem, merely pointed out the obvious fact that Pogba wanting to leave is a part of a long term plan and not some sudden notion due to the situation the club is in.

We're essentially at a point where we'll be worse off if we allow him to leave, as there's too many players we need to bring in already, given it's not Football Manager 2019 and/or Fifa20, replacing most of our starting 11 isn't a viable option.