Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dante

Average bang
A bidding war between and Real and Juventus is exactly what we need.

Even if the news about Juve is fake, it plays into United's hands. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the interest is a conconcted leak intended to light a fire up Real's arse.

United_We_Stand

UncleBob

What utter drivel. Really? You aren't talking about some bit part player, you are talking about arguably, alongside De Gea, the best and most influential player at United making a public statement about his commitment to the club. Not just that, but doing so at a time when the club is already likely to face intense competition in the transfer market because we are not in the Champions League. Yet you are telling me that a top draw player like Paul Pobga could not help address the uncertainty around United by making a clear public statement in support of our manager and our club? You are seriously suggesting to me that he doesn't think that would be helpful to the club?

This is real head in the sand stuff, but I suppose this is the club that we have become isn't it? If we just close our eyes them maybe it isn't happening. Wake up and smell the coffee mate, City have just won a domestic treble. Liverpool our arch rivals, have just won the Champion's League and we didn't even make the top four.

I cannot believe the utter naivety on show here.
Bizarre rant.

It's not a concern for anyone that Pogba, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't make public statements about staying. Everyone knows that he didn't join United to retire at the club, and that he'd be looking to leave after 3-4 years. The only concern is if key players go public about wanting to leave, trying to force the club into accepting an offer, ala the shitstorm we had in the summer of 08 with Ronaldo wanting to leave for Madrid.

UncleBob

A bidding war between and Real and Juventus is exactly what we need.

Even if the news about Juve is fake, it plays into United's hands. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the interest is a conconcted leak intended to light a fire up Real's arse.
Is bidding wars still a thing ? Strongly doubt that Pogba would even be interested in a move back to Juventus, been there done that.

We're not looking to sell him this summer, it'd be a nightmare on so many different levels that I'd be surprised if there's anyone at the club that actually thinks it makes sense. We've had a disaster of a season, hired an unexperienced manager, Pogba is our biggest star on the team, allowing him to leave would be a PR nightmare for Woodwards at the same time as it's more or less impossible to properly replace him while strengthening the rest of the team. It's a no go, there's not a single thing about a potential transfer that makes sense on any level for the club. Unless they go to extreme lengths to force a deal I can't imagine we'll be even remotely interested in entertaining offers from Real Madrid.

Everyone involved is going to play this slowly, Raiola and Pogba will make noises about wanting to leave and Real Madrid will make their interest known, but everything will be towards a move next summer.

Dante

Average bang
Is bidding wars still a thing ? Strongly doubt that Pogba would even be interested in a move back to Juventus, been there done that.

We're not looking to sell him this summer, it'd be a nightmare on so many different levels that I'd be surprised if there's anyone at the club that actually thinks it makes sense. We've had a disaster of a season, hired an unexperienced manager, Pogba is our biggest star on the team, allowing him to leave would be a PR nightmare for Woodwards at the same time as it's more or less impossible to properly replace him while strengthening the rest of the team. It's a no go, there's not a single thing about a potential transfer that makes sense on any level for the club. Unless they go to extreme lengths to force a deal I can't imagine we'll be even remotely interested in entertaining offers from Real Madrid.

Everyone involved is going to play this slowly, Raiola and Pogba will make noises about wanting to leave and Real Madrid will make their interest known, but everything will be towards a move next summer.
It's supposedly happening with de Ligt and Bruno right now.

fastwalker

Bizarre rant.

It's not a concern for anyone that Pogba, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't make public statements about staying. Everyone knows that he didn't join United to retire at the club, and that he'd be looking to leave after 3-4 years. The only concern is if key players go public about wanting to leave, trying to force the club into accepting an offer, ala the shitstorm we had in the summer of 08 with Ronaldo wanting to leave for Madrid.
" It's not a concern for anyone that Pogba, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't make public statements about staying"

What? That is what you just posted right? You mean like it is not a concern for "anyone" you mean "anyone" like season ticket holders, people who spend money through the turnstiles, those who buy our merchandise and follow us up and down the country at considerable cost and shout themselves hoarse win lose or draw. You do mean "anyone" like that don't you?

I am torn between whether to dismiss your comments as a joke or let my mouth fall open in utter disbelief at how irrational they are.

Let me spell it out again, one of the most effective weapons United have in this transfer window is not Alexis Sanchez, Ashley Young or Phil Jones; it is Paul Pogba, World Cup winner, who.could if he so chose to, make a clear and unambiguous statement of commitment to the club. By itself that would make players who might be prevaricating over a move to United give us a second look. I really struggle to understand why you cannot see how helpful Pogba could be to us in that regard.

Instead you seem to suggest (as you did in your earlier post) that if we all be quiet and don't talk about it, then media speculation will go away? Using that logic maybe if we don't mention City"s treble that might go away too.

Laughable! Utterly laughable.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was also a glorified squad team player who couldn't achieve a nailed on starting berth in the team under two different managers (they didn't trust him)
And Pogba was nailed on under both managers, was he?

also didn't play much under Ole due to his 'injury'. People act like he never had stinkers here and sustained periods of ineffectiveness, news flash, he did. He wasn't consistently doing the things you're praising him for.
He had made his decision that he wanted to leave by then. It was obvious he was no longer part of the plans, so no need to play him. Doesn't change the fact that his performances were far more consistent than Pogbas. I don't need your news flashes, I watch every United game.

He also was a wuss who acted like he was shot when opposition players as much as blew in his direction, not to mention his terrible, terrible disciplinary record with 32 yellow cards in his time at OT and his dramatic efforts to get opposition players carded. I know you look down on stats especially when they don't support your arguments, but Pogba has the better overall stats of the two since he joined united, and he is the more refined passer.
You're really clutching at straws, aren't you?

Supporters like yourself hold Pogba to ridiculously high standards because of his price tag or whatever other reason but he's producing numbers similar to or more impressive than other comparable midfielders in the league and across Europe. This is why his fellow professionals voted to add him to the PFA team of the year, something that has his detractors (like yourself) up in arms.
High standards? Take away his penalties and he has something like 8 goals and 9 assists. I'm not saying it's terrible but it sure as feck isn't world class or wortk £250k a week. Lets call a spade a spade.

UncleBob

It's not an off-the-shelf buy with a fixed price tag, either.
Obviously not, but the player will generally have a clear wish on where he wants to go (at times helped on by tempting with a massive wage). Bidding wars might be more realistic for achieving a higher transfer fee for young upcoming players. I doubt there's much to be gained.

Cliche Guevara

Yh I also think this is one of those football myths about not being able to change a large amount of players in one sitting. In reality no one can afford to do it but there's no reason you couldn't - teams change tactics radically when new managers come in and generally you see 3/4 new players a year so why not most of the team? As long as you get a full preseason I doubt it would really affect anything unless you were going to a team that played in a really specific way and had done for many years.

Pep bought Ederson, Walker, Silva, Danilo, Mendy in one window, plus Laporte in the winter. That's 5 starters (when Mendy's fit) & Jesus, Sane, Stones, Bravo, Zinchencko, Gundogan, Nolito in the window before. That's 14 players (not including some of the lesser signings) and if they didn't perform he just bought a replacement. If you have the finances you can overhaul an entire squad, in my opinion, much quicker than people think.
Yeah, if you have a new manager, are implementing a radically new style of football, and are bringing in three or four anyway, the work is likely to be largely the same.

Dante

Average bang
Obviously not, but the player will generally have a clear wish on where he wants to go (at times helped on by tempting with a massive wage). Bidding wars might be more realistic for achieving a higher transfer fee for young upcoming players. I doubt there's much to be gained.
That's ultra-simplistic.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What utter drivel. Really? You aren't talking about some bit part player, you are talking about arguably, alongside De Gea, the best and most influential player at United making a public statement about his commitment to the club. Not just that, but doing so at a time when the club is already likely to face intense competition in the transfer market because we are not in the Champions League. Yet you are telling me that a top draw player like Paul Pobga could not help address the uncertainty around United by making a clear public statement in support of our manager and our club? You are seriously suggesting to me that he doesn't think that would be helpful to the club?

This is real head in the sand stuff, but I suppose this is the club that we have become isn't it? If we just close our eyes them maybe it isn't happening. Wake up and smell the coffee mate, City have just won a domestic treble. Liverpool our arch rivals, have just won the Champion's League and we didn't even make the top four.

Just popped in and this the first post I see? Can't even be bothered...

Loublaze

ATLien
And Pogba was nailed on under both managers, was he?

He had made his decision that he wanted to leave by then. It was obvious he was no longer part of the plans, so no need to play him. Doesn't change the fact that his performances were far more consistent than Pogbas. I don't need your news flashes, I watch every United game.

You're really clutching at straws, aren't you?

High standards? Take away his penalties and he has something like 8 goals and 9 assists. I'm not saying it's terrible but it sure as feck isn't world class or wortk £250k a week. Lets call a spade a spade.
How am I clutching at straws? Herrera was dramatic as feck and a dirty player to boot. You can't even deny that with a straight face. Keep accepting mediocrity. He earned his place in the PFA team of the year by earning the respect and recognition of fellow professionals

UncleBob

" It's not a concern for anyone that Pogba, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't make public statements about staying"

What? That is what you just posted right? You mean like it is not a concern for "anyone" you mean "anyone" like season ticket holders, people who spend money through the turnstiles, those who buy our merchandise and follow us up and down the country at considerable cost and shout themselves hoarse win lose or draw. You do mean "anyone" like that don't you?

I am torn between whether to dismiss your comments as a joke or let my mouth fall open in utter disbelief at how irrational they are.

Let me spell it out again, one of the most effective weapons United have in this transfer window is not Alexis Sanchez, Ashley Young or Phil Jones; it is Paul Pogba, World Cup winner, who.could if he so chose to, make a clear and unambiguous statement of commitment to the club. By itself that would make players who might be prevaricating over a move to United give us a second look. I really struggle to understand why you cannot see how helpful Pogba could be to us in that regard.

Instead you seem to suggest (as you did in your earlier post) that if we all be quiet and don't talk about it, then media speculation will go away? Using that logic maybe if we don't mention City"s treble that might go away too.

Laughable! Utterly laughable.
If your impression is that our most important weapon is Paul Pogba making a statement about staying, then we really have feck all to offer and we're about as potent as Theon after running into Ramsay. Players making statements about staying holds little value. Look at Ronaldo, Coutinho, Suarez.

Media has so little to go on that they're inventing stories about Juventus instead of writing page up and down about Real Madrid signing him.

Nah, our most important weapons for signing players is the status the club still holds, what we're trying to achieve and the wages we can offer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How am I clutching at straws? Herrera was dramatic as feck and a dirty player to boot. You can't even deny that with a straight face. Keep accepting mediocrity
Lots of players are dirty and dramatic. It's often not really correlated to them as footballers though. Take Costa, Suarez and Alves as examples who fall like they're shot or get silly cards, but have ridiculous tenacity and bite to their game. Always give 100% and show the mentality you want to see on a football pitch.

But yeah, good on you to focus on that rather than the actual point I made.

Loublaze

ATLien
Lots of players are dirty and dramatic. It's often not really correlated to them as footballers though. Take Costa, Suarez and Alves as examples who fall like they're shot or get silly cards, but have ridiculous tenacity and bite to their game. Always give 100% and show the mentality you want to see on a football pitch.

But yeah, good on you to focus on that rather than the actual point I made.
Yes its part of who he is as a player and its a stain on him. The guy can't even get a game for Spain. He was atrocious in 2015/16 here, worse than anything Pogba has shown

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes its part of who he is as a player and its a stain on him. The guy can't even get a game for Spain. He was atrocious in his first season here, worse than anything Pogba has shown
Yeah he's shit. Must be why PSG signed him on such high wages.

DevilAgeIdiot

I don't think Pogba or DeGea and many of our best players truly believes in OGS, and this reflects a lot of discontent with the way United are being run for commercial rather than football success and who can blame them really.

Loublaze

ATLien
Yeah he's shit. Must be why PSG signed him on such high wages.
Because they are fooking clueless idiots. Their supporters are already starting to question his signing on those wages. They'll get to see first hand how he isn't worth it.

The Basque Allen.

Doing Allen a disservice there

He's lucky that he didn't play next to someone like Keane. He is spineless and loses every 50/50.

He's been terrible this season. Don't think he knows what he's supposed to be doing.

I've stuck up for him a lot in the past

But he has been shocking, A little pussy out there. Disgraceful effort

For a supposed technical player he can't pass or control a ball for shit.

54.6% passing, brilliant.

I've been saying he's shite for quite some time now. I even had a thread called "I hate Herrera". Now gone?

And people blame LVG when we have garbage like Herrera on the pitch.

Spineless pussy, he is the epitome of what is wrong with this team.

Complete crap season from him. He tries though and he's enthusiastic, but he's just been ordinary.

Abysmal. Absolutely brainless the amount of free kicks he gives away and not just tonight

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ander-herrera-2015-16-performances.406635/page-62

Cue the 'that was just one season', 'those are comments after a bad game', 'why are you bringing up old stuff, he won player of the year in 2016/17' retort. They are many more comments like this but you make it seem like the guy has been perfect in his time here.

tomaldinho1

If your impression is that our most important weapon is Paul Pogba making a statement about staying, then we really have feck all to offer and we're about as potent as Theon after running into Ramsay. Players making statements about staying holds little value. Look at Ronaldo, Coutinho, Suarez.

Media has so little to go on that they're inventing stories about Juventus instead of writing page up and down about Real Madrid signing him.

Nah, our most important weapons for signing players is the status the club still holds, what we're trying to achieve and the wages we can offer.
Underrated comment

Gandalf

I don't think Pogba or DeGea and many of our best players truly believes in OGS, and this reflects a lot of discontent with the way United are being run for commercial rather than football success and who can blame them really.
You already namechecked Pogs and DeGea, we don't have any other best players :lol:. There is no evidence to back up the players don't believe in OGS stories other than rumor mongering here on the Caf and some tabloid nonsense from April with no quoted sources. On the other hand most of the team were happy to state that they wanted him to get the job full time when they were being asked the question prior to him signing. I will believe the evidence of their own words over nonsense rumors any day.

fastwalker

Come on fella, you didn't even answer my question. Who are the "anyones" you refer to? You said it wasn't "anyones" concern. Surely these "anyones" deserve a mention? Sorry, but I find your statement just so incredibly dismissive and disrespectful of fans, who.give up so much to support our club. As if our loyalty is unworthy of even the most basic reciprocation

We belt out Pogba's name from the stands and are greeted with silence from the player in the face of speculation about his future. You may indeed think that your loyalty to and support of, this club is worthless, but I don't think mine is.

You might also find that, given the investment and commitment to the club that the "anyones" that you refer to, give every week, they may think that Paul Pogba's views on his United future, are very much their concern.

You need to read my post before replying
I said Paul Pogba was "one" of the most effective weapons we have in the transfer market. I did.not, as you suggest, say he was the "only" one. Players often join clubs to play alongside other players, especially world class players. I cannot believe that I am having to state the glaringly obvious here. However, I am doing so because I can only assume that you do not know this, because you seem unwilling to acknowledge it.

DevilAgeIdiot

You already namechecked Pogs and DeGea, we don't have any other best players :lol:. There is no evidence to back up the players don't believe in OGS stories other than rumor mongering here on the Caf and some tabloid nonsense from April with no quoted sources. On the other hand most of the team were happy to state that they wanted him to get the job full time when they were being asked the question prior to him signing. I will believe the evidence of their own words over nonsense rumors any day.
More fool you then.
The truth is that Pogba, De Gea and others have very serious doubts about Olé's ability to do the job. Neither are they happy with with the 'know the United Way boys' favouritism shown to many of the English contingent.
The board's amateurish shenanigans and Olé himself have contributed to the split in the dressing room. Don't expect our best players to say they want Olé out. They might be a bunch of primadonnas but when it comes to PR management they're not fecking stupid.

Gandalf

More fool you then.
The truth is that Pogba, De Gea and others have very serious doubts about Olé's ability to do the job. Neither are they happy with with the favouritism shown to many of the English contingent.
The board's amateurish shenanigans and Olé himself have contributed to the split in the dressing room. Don't expect our best players to say they want Olé out. They might be a bunch of primadonnas but when it comes to PR management they're not fecking stupid.
Got a source for any of that? Know Pogba and DeGea personally do you? Thought not

Giggsyking

This story worth nothing, United made it clear they want Pogba to stay and he has 3 years left in his contract. If they somehow will be forced to sell, they will ask for enormous amount of money, everybody at the club value him for more than 150 m euros. I highly doubt Juve have that kind of money, even if they want to include a player in the deal they will still be forced to pay extra 90 m euros on top of that player.

DevilAgeIdiot

Got a source for any of that? Know Pogba and DeGea personally do you? Thought not
No, of course I dont know them personally.

Listen to Duncan Castle's podcast.
Read up on Hererra's pay cut and think about how that affects his mates particularly whilst useless cnuts are getting contract extensions purely cos they're English.
Get your head out of the sand.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This story worth nothing, United made it clear they want Pogba to stay and he has 3 years left in his contract. If they somehow will be forced to sell, they will ask for enormous amount of money, everybody at the club he is a player worth more than 150 m euros. I highly doubt Juve have that kind of money, even if they want to include a player in the deal they will still be forced to pay extra 90 m euros on top of that player.
Romano said their ability to finance a potential deal shouldn't be underestimated to be fair.

Giggsyking

Romano said their ability to finance a potential deal shouldn't be underestimated to be fair.
They cant afford it, they do not generate enough money to make such purchases every year, and the fact they did it last year will make it even harder to repeat it the year after.

Giggsyking

Read up on Hererra's pay cut and think about how that affects his mates whilst useless cnuts are getting contract extensions cis they're English.
Herrera's salary was 80k per week, do you really believe the club will give him anything under that number?
I think he is bullshitting as he do most of the time.

davidmichael

I do like the options in that midfield.

I think we would have to accept less than 150 for Pogba but if we could get 110-120 its worth it.

Midfield of Rabiot, Rice and Eriksen would be great.

I just cant see Eriksen coming here, Spurs are in a much better place. Rice seems happy and West ham would bang the price up to say 70

I just have no faith in Ed to get these deals done
If Ole pushes for them then I think Ed will go balls out as he loves to “make a statement” even if it’s the wrong one, it all rests with Ole pushing for the right players and us throwing the money at the right places.

It would be madness going into next season with 3 new midfield starters. If he wants to leave it has to be next summer, we need to bring in 2 cm's as it is.
Eriksen, Maddison and Rice would all have previous Premier League experience and Rabiot was Barca’s number one alternative to De Jong so I think those 4 would be excellent regardless of all coming in at the same time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They cant afford it, they do not generate enough money to make such purchases every year, and the fact they did it last year will make it even harder to repeat it the year after.
What's this based on? Have you looked into their financial structure or is this just a punt? I'm not suggesting its sustainable because as you say, they can't do it every year. But it appears they have a lot of money to spend, and will move on Cancelo and Dybala if they have to in order to make way for Pogba.

Gandalf

Read up on Hererra's pay cut and think about how that affects his mates particularly whilst useless cnuts are getting contract extensions purely cos they're English.
Was going to let it slide but then you had to edit and throw in the shot about getting my head out of the sand, that after calling me a fool in your previous post. For the record you think because you heard a journalist say some things on a podcast it is "the truth" and apparently you have an issue with being challenged on your claimed intimate knowledge of what Pogba and DeGea are thinking. You have an opinion you don't have the truth and I am sorry you feel that being rude and disrespectful to other posters is the way to make yourself heard around here.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I just don't see why Pogba should be worth 50% more than we signed him for. He came from Juve when his stock was high and he'd been winning titles at a young age. Now he's in his prime and at best you could say there's serious question marks over his consistency etc. Has inflation of transfer fees really been that big over the last 3 years? Because it's not an increase in value that he's added himself.