Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Is it not pretty clear that everyone who wants Pogba sold does so on the basis he wants to go, and we could get £130m for him?

Nobody is saying get rid of him for £25m and bring in Jonjo Shelvey.
I would feel hard done by if we only got that amount for him. He's a superstar who any team would be lucky to have. I would want Neymar money for him. There i said it.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I didn't say it was a problem, merely pointed out the obvious fact that Pogba wanting to leave is a part of a long term plan and not some sudden notion due to the situation the club is in.

We're essentially at a point where we'll be worse off if we allow him to leave, as there's too many players we need to bring in already, given it's not Football Manager 2019 and/or Fifa20, replacing most of our starting 11 isn't a viable option.
Oh it's definitely been the plan from the beginning. I remember Raiola & his brothers saying it many times before. It is accelerated because of the situation the club is in though.

He doesn't want to waste his peak years somewhere where he unlikely to challenge for anything. We don't look like challenging for the league for at least 2/3 years (if we're lucky!)so he'll be 30 by then. Everyone can see he's too good for that.

Our downfall has been not planning ahead for that eventuality. I'm on the same page, he is the last one we need to replace. If we can get another year out of him whilst planning ahead. Then, get a record fee next summer, we might be okay.

That requires us to act competently for a change though, so i'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

MattyB1986

Six years of being a shambles. Different managers, bad signings not working out, with the different managers buying different players for systems. He joined us when we was in the Europa league. He probably sees us back in the Europa league and thinking it hasn't worked out the way the club or he wished and he wants to win things during his peak years. Can't blame him for wanting to move somewhere where he can challenge for titles. When he gets in a more structured team with quality we'll see him at his best unfortunately.

Halal Jalal

I don't take Juve seriously at all here. I just can't imagine them coming up with a remotely respectable offer for him. Same way I feel about Inter and Lukaku.
Juve have been smart and careful with their transfers in past ten years, but that doesn't mean they don't have money. Agnelli family are considerably richer than Glazers, just look up their net worth - and it seems they've decided to start spending. Higuain cost a fortune, they've paid a hundred million (plus a million in weekly wages) for 33 year old Ronaldo and even Ramsey is supposed to get 400k/w there.

They'll probably end up offering two of Dybala, Cancelo or Douglas Costa (all benched towards the end of the season) + 100 million in cash and I'm terrified our clueless management will accept it. Meaning we'll end up with couple of Juve rejects and some embarrassing replacement for Paul (like Maddison) and wonder why we're 9th and without a manager in December.

Noc-Z

ffs
I didn't say it was a problem, merely pointed out the obvious fact that Pogba wanting to leave is a part of a long term plan and not some sudden notion due to the situation the club is in.

We're essentially at a point where we'll be worse off if we allow him to leave, as there's too many players we need to bring in already, given it's not Football Manager 2019 and/or Fifa20, replacing most of our starting 11 isn't a viable option.
Sounds crazy but given the chance I'd replace 10 of the starting 11!!! I know that's not going to be possible, but as for Pogba? Get rid.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Sounds crazy but given the chance I'd replace 10 of the starting 11!!! I know that's not going to be possible, but as for Pogba? Get rid.
That sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face to me.

UncleBob

Oh it's definitely been the plan from the beginning. I remember Raiola & his brothers saying it many times before. It is accelerated because of the situation the club is in though.

He doesn't want to waste his peak years somewhere where he unlikely to challenge for anything. We don't look like challenging for the league for at least 2/3 years (if we're lucky!)so he'll be 30 by then. Everyone can see he's too good for that.

Our downfall has been not planning ahead for that eventuality. I'm on the same page, he is the last one we need to replace. If we can get another year out of him whilst planning ahead. Then, get a record fee next summer, we might be okay.

That requires us to act competently for a change though, so i'm not holding my breath.
Not sure what's supposed to be accelerated, we're moving into his 4th season at the club, not sure why people are supposedly surprised that they've started working on his next move after 3 years at the club.

tomaldinho1

Yh I also think this is one of those football myths about not being able to change a large amount of players in one sitting. In reality no one can afford to do it but there's no reason you couldn't - teams change tactics radically when new managers come in and generally you see 3/4 new players a year so why not most of the team? As long as you get a full preseason I doubt it would really affect anything unless you were going to a team that played in a really specific way and had done for many years.

Pep bought Ederson, Walker, Silva, Danilo, Mendy in one window, plus Laporte in the winter. That's 5 starters (when Mendy's fit) & Jesus, Sane, Stones, Bravo, Zinchencko, Gundogan, Nolito in the window before. That's 14 players (not including some of the lesser signings) and if they didn't perform he just bought a replacement. If you have the finances you can overhaul an entire squad, in my opinion, much quicker than people think.

Scholsey2004

I would feel hard done by if we only got that amount for him. He's a superstar who any team would be lucky to have. I would want Neymar money for him. There i said it.
We won't get neymar money for a Pogba. £130m is a very good price. The only problem is how we spend it which on previous evidence isn't encouraging.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's been more hard working, played with more aggression, greater intensity in closing down opponents, recycled the ball quicker when he needed to and was generally more consistent in general individual level. Whilst Pogbas best games were better than Herreras best games, he was far far too up and down.
Herrera was also a glorified squad team player who couldn't achieve a nailed on starting berth in the team under two different managers (they didn't trust him) and also didn't play much under Ole due to his 'injury'. People act like he never had stinkers here and sustained periods of ineffectiveness, news flash, he did. He wasn't consistently doing the things you're praising him for.

He also was a wuss who acted like he was shot when opposition players as much as blew in his direction, not to mention his terrible, terrible disciplinary record with 32 yellow cards in his time at OT and his dramatic efforts to get opposition players carded. I know you look down on stats especially when they don't support your arguments, but Pogba has the better overall stats of the two since he joined united, and he is the more refined passer.

Supporters like yourself hold Pogba to ridiculously high standards because of his price tag or whatever other reason but he's producing numbers similar to or more impressive than other comparable midfielders in the league and across Europe. This is why his fellow professionals voted to add him to the PFA team of the year, something that has his detractors (like yourself) up in arms.

Last edited:

UncleBob

Yh I also think this is one of those football myths about not being able to change a large amount of players in one sitting. In reality no one can afford to do it but there's no reason you couldn't - teams change tactics radically when new managers come in and generally you see 3/4 new players a year so why not most of the team? As long as you get a full preseason I doubt it would really affect anything unless you were going to a team that played in a really specific way and had done for many years.

Pep bought Ederson, Walker, Silva, Danilo, Mendy in one window, plus Laporte in the winter. That's 5 starters (when Mendy's fit) & Jesus, Sane, Stones, Bravo, Zinchencko, Gundogan, Nolito in the window before. That's 14 players (not including some of the lesser signings) and if they didn't perform he just bought a replacement. If you have the finances you can overhaul an entire squad, in my opinion, much quicker than people think.
We don't have an unlimited budget.

Scholsey2004

On my tally sheets I'm getting numbers like 14+ from the squad and still there are some very borderline players. Between the players trying to force a move, players who never should have been bought or who aren't contributing enough to justify their place and players who are well past it and need replacing you're talking pretty big numbers.

fastwalker

How utterly infuriating the Paul Pogba saga has become. Loathe as I am to say it, but I wish we would do a Liverpool and sell Pogba and invest the £150m we would get for him in three players of perhaps four players who actually want to play for United. This is exactly what Liverpool did with Coutinho and today they are Champion's of Europe. Can't be bad can it? The Pogba situation is actually becoming a complete and total distraction to the important work of team-building and restructuring for next season.

Is it that we don't trust Ole to spend the money wisely? Is it that we think that we cannot survive without Pogba?

The endless speculation about Pogba's future not only destabilises the club, but also undermines and weakens Ole at the very time he needs to establish himself as the strongman in the dressing room. This cannot be right. I am not doubting the quality of Pogba as a player, I am simply saying that our continued association with him is doing more harm than good to the club. Retaining Pogba for me would, alongside offering Jones, Young and Mata new contracts, just be symptomatic of the fact that this is not a rebuild, it is just more of the same.

Scholsey2004

Not neymar money but at least 160m pounds.
Hmmm... I'd take the £130m and avoid the potential player unrest if it fell through. We don't even know how much Real will offer yet. I wouldn't be surprisrd if they open at 90 and we have to beat them up. The player's clearly trying to force a move so that'll embolden them.

QoS

Supports
Liverpool
United will be lucky if they get what they paid for him. Hes been awful.

UncleBob

How utterly infuriating the Paul Pogba saga has become. Loathe as I am to say it, but I wish we would do a Liverpool and sell Pogba and invest the £150m we would get for him in three players of perhaps four players who actually want to play for United. This is exactly what Liverpool did with Coutinho and today they are Champion's of Europe. Can't be bad can it? The Pogba situation is actually becoming a complete and total distraction to the important work of team-building and restructuring for next season.

Is it that we don't trust Ole to spend the money wisely? Is it that we think that we cannot survive without Pogba?

The endless speculation about Pogba's future not only destabilises the club, but also undermines and weakens Ole at the very time he needs to establish himself as the strongman in the dressing room. This cannot be right. I am not doubting the quality of Pogba as a player, I am simply saying that our continued association with him is doing more harm than good to the club. Retaining Pogba for me would, alongside offering Jones, Young and Mata new contracts, just be symptomatic of the fact that this is not a rebuild, it is just more of the same.
What a load of shite, it's hardly a saga at all, Pogba&Co have barely said a word about it, we're about a million miles away from the shambles that was the Ronaldo saga in 07/08 where there was a constant focus on it.

UncleBob

Hmmm... I'd take the £130m and avoid the potential player unrest if it fell through. We don't even know how much Real will offer yet. I wouldn't be surprisrd if they open at 90 and we have to beat them up. The player's clearly trying to force a move so that'll embolden them.
Pogba and Raiola have barely been in the press in relation to a potential move, so there hasn't been much of an attempt, so far, to push anything at all.

Raiola also gets a decent slice...

Patrick08

He's is going no where this season. The club won't sell him this summer.

Saffron

Sorry to burst your bubble but everyone knows he’s quality.

Guarantee you we would get at least 120m.

Halal Jalal

Sure, "awful". Maybe you should take a look at this:

If that somehow isn't good enough, here's a stat proving he's the 3rd most decisive player in the world currently. Only behind Messi and Ronaldo in terms of individual contribution.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/...es_top_5/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
Statistically proven to be better than any of your players, it's just that Paul's team mostly consists of Burnley level players.

Scholsey2004

What a load of shite, it's hardly a saga at all, Pogba&Co have barely said a word about it, we're about a million miles away from the shambles that was the Ronaldo saga in 07/08 where there was a constant focus on it.
Isnt that just because we care less though? Ronaldo was the key player in a very strong side. Pogba is the star player in a badly dysfunctional one and fingers have at times been pointed.

Loublaze

ATLien
Unless we get the proper money for him, he's going nowhere.

I do wonder, he was thrilled and happy with Ole, then all of a sudden everything went wrong. Did Ole do or say something that seemed to alienate a good portion of the dressing room? At least that's the way it looks to me.
There was an article on Talksport and the Sun (great sources I know) that suggested that the players were not impressed with Ole's long ball tactics to get the ball to Rashford during United's 0-2 loss to City in April. The articles also mentioned that the players don't feel Ole has the personality to 'control' Pogba and exert his authority in the dressing room

UncleBob

Isnt that just because we care less though? Ronaldo was the key player in a very strong side. Pogba is the star player in a badly dysfunctional one and fingers have at times been pointed.
No, it's because there's been feck all of a saga so far, as shown by the media inventing stories about a potential move back to Juventus

fastwalker

You mean like: "I am totally committed to United and will be here next season". You mean that you haven't heard Pogba or his handlers say anything like that?

Yea you are absolutely right mate, I haven't heard that either.

UncleBob

You mean like: "I am totally committed to United and will be here next season". You mean that you haven't heard Pogba or his handlers say anything like that?

Yea you are absolutely right mate, I haven't heard that either.
And ?

Loublaze

ATLien
This is laughable. Top scorer and assist provider, yes even with the penalties who cares? Who has been better?

UncleBob

Sorry mate, you clicked 'post reply' before you finished your sentence....
Not really.

I fail to see the problem with either of them not confirming that he's guaranteed to stay here next season. As long as they're not constantly out, ala Ronaldo in 07/08, banging on about dream move and trying to force through a sale to Madrid, then there's feck all of a saga that we need to be concerned about. If things stay as quiet around Pogba as it has so far, then it will be a comfortable transfer window

tomaldinho1

Not sure how meagre is defined, but I'd expect us to splash around £150mill.
I hope so!

If we ship Lukaku out and some other players I can see us hitting that number but I just get the impression, after so many big name failed signings, Glazer's will be tightening the purse strings

UncleBob

I hope so!

If we ship Lukaku out and some other players I can see us hitting that number but I just get the impression, after so many big name failed signings, Glazer's will be tightening the purse strings
I'd be surprised if Lukaku is sold this summer

Not a big fan in any way, especially not after his second season at the club, but I'd be surprised if we're willing to let him go without bringing someone else in to replace him. Given the amount of players we'll be looking at bringing in, I don't think we're looking at spending much more than we absolutely have to, and in that sense I doubt it's a priority to get rid of Lukaku.

Priority will be to slim him down for next season.

thomas porter

Its simple for me with Pogba: if he wants to stay great; if he wants to leave and not be part of our rebuild then Ok, let's sell him to the highest bidder and move on.

On the pitch he's just not consistent enough to build a team around. One day he's the best player in the league, and the next day he's totally anonymous.

fastwalker

Not really.

I fail to see the problem with either of them not confirming that he's guaranteed to stay here next season. As long as they're not constantly out, ala Ronaldo in 07/08, banging on about dream move and trying to force through a sale to Madrid, then there's feck all of a saga that we need to be concerned about. If things stay as quiet around Pogba as it has so far, then it will be a comfortable transfer window
What utter drivel. Really? You aren't talking about some bit part player, you are talking about arguably, alongside De Gea, the best and most influential player at United making a public statement about his commitment to the club. Not just that, but doing so at a time when the club is already likely to face intense competition in the transfer market because we are not in the Champions League. Yet you are telling me that a top draw player like Paul Pobga could not help address the uncertainty around United by making a clear public statement in support of our manager and our club? You are seriously suggesting to me that he doesn't think that would be helpful to the club?

This is real head in the sand stuff, but I suppose this is the club that we have become isn't it? If we just close our eyes them maybe it isn't happening. Wake up and smell the coffee mate, City have just won a domestic treble. Liverpool our arch rivals, have just won the Champion's League and we didn't even make the top four.

I cannot believe the utter naivety on show here.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
If Pogba is too leave I don't want it to be as park of an exchange. Some one offers us £120+ million though i'd sell him.