Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So you do not think there is any truth in Pogba wanting to move on? You think that is pure fabrication? Complete rumour, and Pogba is sitting there, happily awaiting the pre-season?

He can join any club he wants. He doesn't even have a CL campaign to look to.

Neither you or I 'know'... But what you and I both do know, is that it is rare that the sheer level of coverage such a story dictates, usually means there is something behind it.
Honestly, if Madrid came calling for him with 150m pounds and he has the choice to leave? yes he probably would.

Do I think he's actively forcing himself out of the club and can't wait to leave? no. I think he loves it here and feels at home here, but clearly the club isn't progressing like he expected and the fans have turned on him, I think we're forcing him out ourselves.

If he's so bad I can't understand why Juve and Madrid desperately want him? it doesn't add up. These clubs are no fools, clearly they think his positives far outweigh his negatives.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was replying to a post comparing Pogba with Ronaldo, so context is important.

In any event, we all express opinions and none of us are “top clubs” as far as I know. (Or maybe you are??)
I take my cheekiness back :lol:

Top fans you mean? I'm the toppermost :wenger:

lsd

The Oracle
Sell him for 95m, then buy Maguire for 90m
Simple game this.

Get rid of Pogba and get Harry Maguire instead ?

I cant think of a worse move in the history of football if that were to happen .

We would be a complete joke

windycityfan

Stand pat United. Don't give in to anyone, and sign Griezmann too. Maybe more a little like a double down move, but feck it, we are Manchester United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Get rid of Pogba and get Harry Maguire instead ?

I cant think of a worse move in the history of football if that were to happen .

We would be a complete joke
Well...this is awkward....let's hope not eh

Saffron

Re-build with young talent around Pogba I say. We should count ourselves lucky to have such a good player still.

Gandalf

We don’t. He wants away.
He has never said that and away to where exactly? Juve already signed Ramsey for the midfield, have other needs and don't have the cash on hand and Real have already blown through 300 million and can't buy anyone else until they sell a few players. Looking at the players with for sale signs at Real they would be lucky to raise 15 million for the lot of them let alone the 150 million Pogba would cost.

He may want away, he has said otherwise but of course we don't know what is said behind closed doors and his agent is a cnut so it could be happening but I just cannot see how this happens unless we decide to bend over and let someone bugger us silly on the deal.

Luke1995

When does the transfer window shuts down ? This one will go to the deadline day...

Jibbs

United should not budge for anything less than 150m £ or Varane plus Asensio.

kiristao

I would really like him to stay as he has that extra bit of quality that can change the game. Unfortunately, he is more of a liability when he does not have his heart in the game. Too many times last season he was a passenger on the pitch and we cannot afford another season of him just strutting about showing up only when he feels like it. If he wants to leave, I say take the big bucks and let him go.

Water Melon

If PP is bent on leaving, then the club should be bent on selling at the price that would satisfy us. If we believe that his worth is 150 million quid, then it is either cough up or stfu. I am sure we will be able to use that money to buy 2 quality midfielders who would contribute to the team more than Pogba did.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Pogba does have attitude problem and there's no way to defend that. But he is also by far our most creative/productive players. Selling him would be suicidal IMHO. He would be the last player in I want to sell in this squad.

Patrick08

Less than 150 million for Pogba would make us look like a laughing stock. On no planet does anyone think Coutinho is better than Pogba and he sold for 140 million 18 months ago. 150 minimum and he would be cheap at that price.
Team's demand 120m euros for kids like Felix and Sancho.

StonedhamsterZA

200 million. No less.

If Ed keeps says that we are (at least one of) the richest clubs, then why is money important for the betterment of our football?

Surely keeping a world class player (irrespective of his attitude) until a club basically pays 40% more than what Barca paid for Coutinho isn’t completely mad. Especially considering what @Patrick08 said above.

StonedhamsterZA

I mean, we have to pay the inevitable Manchester United tax, so why are we not making other rich clubs out there contribute towards the tax we will end up paying for other players?

Thiagoal

The over rating of Pogba on here is comical! As a season ticket holder, I can honestly say he only turned up for about a quarter of games at OT this season! The rest saw him strutting around like a show pony; constantly dwelling on the ball (and losing it) and generally looking disinterested! There is a reason Mourinho thought of him as a virus and I'm shocked so many people overlook this!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If Zidane wants him that bad, we will need to squeeze this until it gets dry. We can get lot of money from the fees. £145m or £150m at least minimum and may be even more.

The question now how much Real needs to sell first before they can finally buy Pogba. Not interested in Real’s player apart from Varane & Casemiro, so if they want to pay less then give us one of them.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The over rating of Pogba on here is comical! As a season ticket holder, I can honestly say he only turned up for about a quarter of games at OT this season! The rest saw him strutting around like a show pony; constantly dwelling on the ball (and losing it) and generally looking disinterested! There is a reason Mourinho thought of him as a virus and I'm shocked so many people overlook this!
As a season ticket holder I struggle to find players who turned up more last season ? So unless you're on every other players thread saying the same thing ?

The problem isn't really in comparison with others though I know that, its people's irrational dislike of the player clouding their judgement.

The actual problem with the team is a lack of system and a mismatch of players from 4 managers. Until we fix these no individual will thrive, hence all our players look poor. Pogba being one of the best of a bad bunch.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Selling Pogba means losing 10-15 goals a season in a team that is already struggling to score goals.

If the plan is to sell Pogba and replace him with Longstaff then we are fecked. It will be like summer 2009 all over again, but this time we won’t have the genius of SAF to bail us out.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Selling Pogba means losing 10-15 goals a season in a team that is already struggling to score goals.

If the plan is to sell Pogba and replace him with Longstaff then we are fecked. It will be like summer 2009 all over again, but this time we won’t have the genius of SAF to bail us out.
Pogba is a fantastic player but I'm pretty sure more than half of his goals last season were penalties so you'll still have those. He's not really a Scholes/Lampard goal threat (at least he hasn't been so you so far).

He'sRaldo

Pogba is a fantastic player but I'm pretty sure more than half of his goals last season were penalties so you'll still have those. He's not really a Scholes/Lampard goal threat (at least he hasn't been so you so far).
We probably won't have those penalties either because he helped create a lot of them as well.

DickDastardly

What goals? His goals were mostly penalties, there is a big chance that most of them will be converted by the next guy on the list, lets say Rashford.

If you mean assists...who's to say that one of Fernandes/Longstaff/Madison or anybody else wouldnt have the same numbers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ah, it's been deleted, so must've been wrong. It said Pogba's name has been removed from the shirt options on the club website. I can't be arsed looking.
Just had a look and it’s still there.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just checked on the club website on my phone and it appears to be gone. It was for the home jersey I checked.
His name is still on other editions. If they’ve removed the home jersey it’s probably because they are running pre-printed stocks down. They’re all at heavily discounted prices.