Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think we're suave enough in the market under the glazers but money is worthless to us. If we could bring in 2/3 quality players? That would be interesting but money? The glazers would screw us over and apart from anything else, we're not a selling club.
We are for Real.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
"Not that good". Westmeath off the cafe.

Id probs go more off the top clubs who would love to bring him in
Was replying to a post comparing Pogba with Ronaldo, so context is important.

In any event, we all express opinions and none of us are “top clubs” as far as I know. (Or maybe you are??)

Eddy_JukeZ

He has 3 years left and it's a euro year. He's french, if he plays badly and gets benched at club level he loses the NT as well. He wouldn't even be especially expensive in wages next season.

United hold all the cards here. Don't think he'd risk trying to force his way out either, so that pretty much means United will have zero pressure to sell.

Next year
There's no way he'd get benched for the NT unless he got injured.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
At least the player has kept his mouth shut throughout all of this, the press in this country, in Spain, France and Italy have been linking him with a move all summer and yet the player hasn't said a word about moving. If anything his last interview he was very complimentary towards Ole

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
As a Mancunian Season Ticket holder in the Stretford end, I can say that I want Pogba to stay. The team needs to keep its best players. Build a base from the back and add in some young top quality players. Then if the quality players aren't performing look at replacing them.

Laugh my tits off at people who think selling our best players at this point is the answer

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
An image we should change.

I'd rather sell to Juventus or PSG than Real.
We sold to them when we were Champions of Europe, and we sold players to them when we were winning titles. Right now we're in the Europa Cup, they have a French Legend at the helm and Pogba wants out - it's probably not the best time to change it now. Pogba will likely sulk next season if we forced him to stay.

Eddy_JukeZ

We sold to them when we were Champions of Europe, and we sold players to them when we were winning titles. Right now we're in the Europa Cup, they have a French Legend at the helm and Pogba wants out - it's probably not the best time to change it now. Pogba will likely sulk next season if we forced him to stay.
Not in 2009. Though obviously, we were a much better team that year either way.

Now's the perfect time to change the image to me. Tired of them getting almost every player they want.

Craig Ward

As a Mancunian Season Ticket holder in the Stretford end, I can say that I want Pogba to stay. The team needs to keep its best players. Build a base from the back and add in some young top quality players. Then if the quality players aren't performing look at replacing them.

Laugh my tits off at people who think selling our best players at this point is the answer
I agree, best players should stay.

They should stay on the basis they perform and are an asset to the team.

Pogba for me, isn't an asset on the pitch or dressing room. He's an asset financially to the club and that's about it

People hammer Lingard / Sanchez for inconsistent performances and want them out, Pogba is EXACLTY the same. He has good spells, certain stats make him look good etc.

Fact is, Pogba has flopped on the pitch. No use blaming other players, we've changed our midfield to a 3 so he can play on the left and he's nowhere near as good as he should be. When he is a poor run, he brings other players down, he's flat out abysmal when his head isn't right (which is more often than not).

He influences the dressing room, when he is unhappy it brings others down. He's such an ego and waste of talent.

What ever happened to no player is bigger than the club?

Honestly people who are desperate for Pogba to stay are losing the plot. With a massive inflated ego out, our dressing room and morale may improve and we'd be better off as a TEAM.

I'd sell a lot of player before him, other managers have failed in not moving on the Youngs/Darmians/Jones etc. But losing Pogba isn't a major thing. He's not happy, he'd sod off in a heartbeat like he did last time. We'll be fine when he goes

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not in 2009. Though obviously, we were a much better team that year either way.

Now's the perfect time to change the image to me. Tired of them getting almost every player they want.
We won in 2008 didn't we? Ronaldo moved that summer if I'm not mistaken.

Can't change an image at this stage. There's a clear disparity between the two clubs. Not to mention there's never any good in keeping a player against his will.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We won in 2008 didn't we? Ronaldo moved that summer if I'm not mistaken.

Can't change an image at this stage. There's a clear disparity between the two clubs. Not to mention there's never any good in keeping a player against his will.
Ronaldo didn't move in 2008, he moved in 2009.

RedorDead21

I agree, best players should stay.

They should stay on the basis they perform and are an asset to the team.

Pogba for me, isn't an asset on the pitch or dressing room. He's an asset financially to the club and that's about it

People hammer Lingard / Sanchez for inconsistent performances and want them out, Pogba is EXACLTY the same. He has good spells, certain stats make him look good etc.

Fact is, Pogba has flopped on the pitch. No use blaming other players, we've changed our midfield to a 3 so he can play on the left and he's nowhere near as good as he should be. When he is a poor run, he brings other players down, he's flat out abysmal when his head isn't right (which is more often than not).

He influences the dressing room, when he is unhappy it brings others down. He's such an ego and waste of talent.

What ever happened to no player is bigger than the club?

Honestly people who are desperate for Pogba to stay are losing the plot. With a massive inflated ego out, our dressing room and morale may improve and we'd be better off as a TEAM.

I'd sell a lot of player before him, other managers have failed in not moving on the Youngs/Darmians/Jones etc. But losing Pogba isn't a major thing. He's not happy, he'd sod off in a heartbeat like he did last time. We'll be fine when he goes
I think there is a massive difference between pogba and the players you mention and the stats back this up. Nonetheless he's not performing anything like he can here. I don't think he's particularly happy even after he got his way with Mourinho. To face this every transfer window hmmmm... it doesn't exactly help attract players when everyone is watching a star name try and manoeuvre a way out. If we get 130 plus million I'd sell. On the basis we have already secured a top replacement. Some championship kid doesn't qualify.

SambaBoy

There is no way you can build a team around the client of that fat greasy cnut agent of his. The bloke is ALWAYS looking at the chance to move his clients around to generate another obscene bucket of cash for him to milk his floppy diseased member over.
This.

Any player coming here who produces good performances there will be all sort of media rumours of them wanting to leave and the slimmy rat in the media discussing his player wanting to move. Pretty confident he's always in his clients ear trying to encourage them to move.

cyberman

Certain fans are going to be shocked at how underwhelming Madrid will be next year. They still haven't replaced Ronaldo ffs

tomaldinho1

The more I think about it, the more I really think he should be moved on for as astronomical a fee as possible. There's a lot of reasons re attitude and form that can be cited but most of all, I just think we're living in the past a bit with the idea of 'building a team around a single player'.

Football is always improving, the level of clubs particularly in the PL given the money that's been coming in, is at an all time high overall. Whilst the great teams of the past would still beat the newly promoted teams this season, I think it's fair to say that overall players are that little bit better, little bit fitter and teams more switched on tactically. The attitude towards Pogba we have is one of great hope, mixed with frustration in that we can clearly see he's a great player and either he can't be arsed half the time or the team around him isn't good enough - in truth it's a mix of the two. However the idea of the individually gifted but flawed player, someone like Gazza, Best or Cantona, is rooted in the past when football was not as developed and the individual had a lot more say on a club's successes. They don't really exist anymore.

Liverpool have shown the importance of hard work above big name players and then, when they reached a certain point, the ability to cherry pick one or two signings (VVD for exmaple) who would complement what was already in place e.g building a house from the foundations up. City did the same, probably even more so with their years of pre Pep planning. We need to do the same and I think it starts with the painful decision that maybe the best move long term is to let some of our 'best' players move on.

Wheato

See Coutinho. They sold him and used to money to improve the gaps in their team. If we sold Pogba and brought in Bruno Fernandes and Maguire, then that is a good bit of business. Or Maddison and Wan Bissaka. Or all 4 of them. We will be much better next season as a result of letting these luxury players go. It will also improve the mentallity and attitude of the players in the dressing room. Maguire is a huge character. We need more of them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There's no way he'd get benched for the NT unless he got injured.
It's France, not Wales. They have plenty of capable players who can take his spot. If he doesn't play, he doesn't even get called up to the NT

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There is a major flaw in the theory of selling Pogba this Summer.

We have already shifted 2 senior midfielders out, Fellaini and Herrera, and it looks like Mata will follow, so we already need to bring in at least 2 or 3 quality replacements for them.
Then you have to consider, are Matic, Fred, Perreira & McT really good enough to take us to where we want to be next season...?
If you answer no, then you have also got to be looking to bring in another MF there.

Now, if we sell Pogba, who is incidentally our top scorer and assist provider, we'd need to sign a replacement for him too....

So we could have a situation where we might need to sign 3 or 4 new senior MFs....
For a club as inept in the transfer market as Manchester United that would be utterly farcical.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Certain fans are going to be shocked at how underwhelming Madrid will be next year. They still haven't replaced Ronaldo ffs
There is literally no one you can replace him with. Instead you build a system that doesn't rely on him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

They are bloody idiots and dont value quality enough. They want to see tackles, otherwise, they're not happy

Needham

I don't think we're suave enough in the market under the glazers but money is worthless to us. If we could bring in 2/3 quality players? That would be interesting but money? The glazers would screw us over and apart from anything else, we're not a selling club.
Just love this sentence for some reason.

cyberman

There is literally no one you can replace him with. Instead you build a system that doesn't rely on him.
You can't replace him but you need goals along the front line to make up for it which they havent adapted to as of yet.
It's the one area where you can buy proven quality yet they're taking a punt on a kid from a mid team German side. It's Viniscus 2.0 and they'll suffer for it.

Needham

Pogba seems chipper, still doing the club promotional rounds.

Without looking up that in Google images or already knowing, massive kudos to anyone who can guess the country he's visiting, based merely on that headgear.

Maroon Devil

If we sell Pogba this transfer window, are we guaranteed to sign a midfield replacement of similar quality? I’m not so sure.

Considering the state of our current midfield (and the fact that we’ve already shipped off Herrera and Fellaini) we should be looking to reinforce our midfield, not considerably weaken it.

For that reason I think it’s imperative we keep Pogba. We just won’t be able to compete with City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc otherwise.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Pogba seems chipper, still doing the club promotional rounds.

Without looking up that in Google images or already knowing, massive kudos to anyone who can guess the country he's visiting, based merely on that headgear.
and not on the t shirt.

jackal&hyde

I just listened to the LifeTimes podcast with him. A really cool and likeable guy. He comes across as really loving the club and Ole. I'm now convinced there are 0 chances he wants to leave, it's just media bs to sell "stories". Hope people will grow to like him more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just listened to the LifeTimes podcast with him. A really cool and likeable guy. He comes across as really loving the club and Ole. I'm now convinced there are 0 chances he wants to leave, it's just media bs to sell "stories". Hope people will grow to like him more.
This is what I've been saying for ages.

The media use him as a license to print, the fall out with Jose gave them the perfect ammunition to create this fake monsterous persona.

Yes he likes Zidane, yes he probably likes Madrid too (who doesn't in this generation?) but he clearly loves the club too. The way the fans treat him is beyond ridiculous.

Many other players in our squad play WELL below what is required, but Pogba has 1 or 2 moments in a match and suddenly he's the problem and we must sell him ASAP. Absolute jokers.

Jeffthered

Just get on with it. Ole' should be getting hold of this situation, sorting it out, get the cash in, and get things moving.

Ole seems more like Moyes to me... Not quite in control of things. No clear strategy, always seems a little nervous.

Get on with sorting things out. Get the Pogs deal done, and let's all move on.

Getting ridiculous.

jackal&hyde

The media use him as a license to print, the fall out with Jose gave them the perfect ammunition to create this fake monsterous persona.

Yes he likes Zidane, yes he probably likes Madrid too (who doesn't in this generation?) but he clearly loves the club too. The way the fans treat him is beyond ridiculous.

Many other players in our squad play WELL below what is required, but Pogba has 1 or 2 moments in a match and suddenly he's the problem and we must sell him ASAP. Absolute jokers.
We're all very sad and depressed about Uniteds season and i can understand peoples need to vent and place blame all over the place. Most of the press are complete scumbags with the only goal is money/ generating traffic (i can add a youtuber or too here, not just "official" journalists); journalism integrity is no longer a part of football.

Let's just make sure we get the correct 2 or 3 players in the first 11 and i'm sure Uniteds fortunes will change and along with it the mood of fans. I would go as far as to say that even with the current squad we are top 4 material provided we avoid another meltdown like the not so special one created last season.

Jeffthered

No one can doubt his ability. And he did RETURN to the club.

But things have changed. We need to stop these long-running drama's.

I love the guy, but we have to move on.

Adam-Utd

For what reason? What drama? the press making up stories about him?

Stop reading the rubbish and you'll be fine.

Adam-Utd

We're all very sad and depressed about Uniteds season and i can understand peoples need to vent and place blame all over the place. Most of the press are complete scumbags with the only goal is money/ generating traffic (i can add a youtuber or too here, not just "official" journalists); journalism integrity is no longer a part of football.

Let's just make sure we get the correct 2 or 3 players in the first 11 and i'm sure Uniteds fortunes will change and along with it the mood of fans. I would go as far as to say that even with the current squad we are top 4 material provided we avoid another meltdown like the not so special one created last season.
Add AWB/De ligt/James + Fernandes/Ndombele and we will be 100% better next year.

jackal&hyde

There isn't and never was any drama created by Pogba (or his agent). It's just the press and some pundits that talk crap. Listen to the player and the club and it's easy to see that all is good.

Jeffthered

For what reason? What drama? the press making up stories about him?

Stop reading the rubbish and you'll be fine.
So you do not think there is any truth in Pogba wanting to move on? You think that is pure fabrication? Complete rumour, and Pogba is sitting there, happily awaiting the pre-season?

He can join any club he wants. He doesn't even have a CL campaign to look to.

Neither you or I 'know'... But what you and I both do know, is that it is rare that the sheer level of coverage such a story dictates, usually means there is something behind it.

jackal&hyde

Add AWB/De ligt/James + Fernandes/Ndombele and we will be 100% better next year.
The silly thing is that even in our current state, Pogba gets in the first 11 chosen by his peers, the guys that actually have to play against him rather then just make tweeter posts or youtube videos.

Agree with what you say, we add De Ligt and AWB and we actually have a defense now. I'd like someone like Rabiot or Fernandes to take some of the responsability of creating chances so that Pogba doesn't get double and triple maked in every game. I liked Herrera, but he was extremely limited in many ways and IMO his limitations as a midfielder put extra pressure on Pogba and the front 3.

How insane is it that Herrera, that left the club while having a contract on offer, is liked more by some then the player that was our best creator by far and is staying. I think we've all drunk the cool aid of "they don't care" and heart means just running aimlessly.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If Zidane is desperate for him, We have to milk it as much as possible.

If He goes, We must get lots of money.