Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peridigm

What I find astonishing is hearing people saying 'just get rid' or 'let him go'. We haven't had any bids ffs!

If Real come in and bid something, we might start negotiating until middle ground is found. If we are being low balled with the figure, or no bid comes in, then Pogba and that stupid fat agent of his can't complain can they? Putting pressure on UTD through the media doesn't help their case at all. He has 3 years on his contract let's not forget. UTD could make it difficult for him but we aren't. And we would absolutely take £140-150m for a want away player.

But until an actual bid comes in why are they (Pogba and fat boy) trying to force something so early?
Exactly. If RM want him bad enough and fat boy wants him to move there, he should direct all of his energy towards RM and tell them to pay up. Otherwise, Pogba and fat boy should shut up and let Pogba do the job he is contracted to do. If he does stay and does not put up the effort I hope Ole has the balls to put him in his place. This saga will define Ole as a big club manager. Still think the best out one for United and the squad is to sell him but RM need to meet our valuation.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Exactly. If RM want him bad enough and fat boy wants him to move there, he should direct all of his energy towards RM and tell them to pay up. Otherwise, Pogba and fat boy should shut up and let Pogba do the job he is contracted to do. If he does stay and does not put up the effort I hope Ole has the balls to put him in his place. This saga will define Ole as a big club manager. Still think the best out one for United and the squad is to sell him but RM need to meet our valuation.
Yeah, I find it hard to believe Raiola would sanction the move for 80 million, he wouldn't get much of a cut in that case.

Bobski

It's because football is a team game, in that midfield he had Kante and Matuidi running around him, he could afford to be more disciplined. He had Griezmann, Mbappe and Giroid all making runs, all largely doing something. With us he has to play with Martial, Lingard and Rashford - Rashford the only one who game to game actually looks like he can do something, and even then he missed a load of chances that would've been Pogba assists last season. I feel that's why Pogba tries to do more with us, you watch our games and there's just a lack of anyone else doing anything creatively at all.

If he did go to Madrid I think he'd thrive, like he does for France. I think it'd also be good for us to sell him and get 2-3 quality players in to build our poor squad. One player alone like Pogba won't solve the wider issues in our squad.

What this read ignores is that his WC performances are close to an outlier for Pogba at international level as well. There was a ton of discussion and angst over his performances and role leading up to that tournament, talk that he might be dropped and that he and Griezeman could not play together. He had all the same players and options before the WC and was largely the frustrating Pogba that many of us accept he is. What changed then for that tournament? Difficult(for me at least) to conclude other than his attitude and approach altered and he accepted the need for sacrifices for a greater good.

This is why trying to push all of the blame for this to his teammates is misguided, yes they need to improve, yes Utd could have put better players around him, but Pogba could have done an awful lot better than he has for Utd.

Arbireo

Supports
Real Madrid
As I said before, I am spanish and RM supporter and I know more or less how RM moves. Pogba has only two years of contract, if Man Utd doesn't sell him this window, RM will return for him next year but RM are not turning crazy for signing him this time. Past year, in the same situation, RM offer 150M € for Hazard and Chelsea wants 180M, just like Man Utd wants for Pogba. One year later Hazard is in RM for 100M € +30M € in objetctives.

RM can buy Eriksen, can buy Van de Beek, and still have Isco, Modric, Kroos... I don't think RM is going to make a crazy bid for Paul, 130M-150M € is the maximum I think RM is going to offer in cash.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As I said before, I am spanish and RM supporter and I know more or less how RM moves. Pogba has only two years of contract, if Man Utd doesn't sell him this window, RM will return for him next year but RM are not turning crazy for signing him this time. Past year, in the same situation, RM offer 150M € for Hazard and Chelsea wants 180M, just like Man Utd wants for Pogba. One year later Hazard is in RM for 100M € +30M € in objetctives.

RM can buy Eriksen, can buy Van de Beek, and still have Isco, Modric, Kroos... I don't think RM is going to make a crazy bid for Paul, 130M-150M € is the maximum I think RM is going to offer in cash.
Pogba has 3 years left on his contract not 2

sammyhol

Not sure if anyone read this on f365 today:

https://www.football365.com/news/transfer-solution-man-utd-should-offer-real-125m-double-deal

Set 150m price tag on Pogba. But allow him to go to Real for 125m if they take Sanchez as well.. Save the 25m a year on Sánchez wages so still make 150m, and get the wage structure in order. Gets a couple of want-away players out of the club and free up a load of funds for the midfield replacements we need.

To boot Sánchez would be happy to move there as a bit part player, and would likely take a big pay cut for the privilege so Real would possibly be keen.

Seems like the perfect solution to all concerned.

Suvvernmanc

It wouldn't surprise me if they are unsettling him for a move next summer. Not sure they will want to spend the kind of money we are asking for this summer.

There has been alot of ins and outs at Real already bit I'm not sure the exact net spend as it stands but I think I read that they has sold €125m worth and bought €350m. Cant be arsed to check those numbers but another €160m or so might be too much this summer.

Spanish clubs all try to unsettle players before a move. As you said, hope Ole stands firm, we hold the cards due to Pogs long contract.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If United receive the acquired amount for Pogba's services then I'm all but certain,once the news is official we've accepted a bid,you'll see news breaking of his required replacement being close to agreed. United aren't that incompetent that they wont have a major replacement at the ready.
Yeah, it’s probably not a coincidence SMS is being mentioned again now.

DoomSlayer

Pogba has 3 years left and I'd rather sell to Juventus than your arrogant club.

George The Best

2 years + our 1 year option on his contract. Some reports here say it’s really only Zidane that wants him and your Board are not that keen. Is that true from your perspective?

Canagel

I really don't understand all this fuss around Pogba. When the guy's on the ball, he walks through midfield, letting opponents near him. Then he drags the ball around a little bit with his sole and places his massive body between the ball and the opponent and everyone is like "woah, look how good he can shield the ball". Then he either loses it or plays a pass he could've played 5 minutes ago without any risk of losing it. He always wants to do the spectacular thing. Playing a 50m pass, a through ball, shield the ball, dribble, shoot from the distance and so forth. Sideway passes, distribtuons of play, etc.? Nah. Overrated.

Honestly, he's a symbol for everything that's currently going wrong at United from a footballing perspective. Kick and rush and box to box midfielders draggon the ball over the pitch themselves are dead, move on guys. Go for marathon men in midfield and play an intensive pressing/quick transition style if you like vertical football or bet on outplaying the opponent through technical lightweight players and possession, like Guardiola does. Pogba doesn't really fit in either system.
That has never been in his game and why he had Pirlo assisting him in that duty.

He is a technically sound number 8/10 that connect the midfield to the attack. Never a player that set the tempo of the match but he playmakes and make a lot of assist if your attack is structered well. A high risk but high reward. And I don't think he lose the ball more than other 10's. Unfortunately we don't have ball players that are clever enough moving in the last third of the pitch or building from defence so he end up doing 3 or 4 jobs and we are easily nullified.
If he was only a sideways passer for us we would've been even more fecked.

KennyBurner

If we can't buy a top class replacement for Pogba, Ole has to do what is needed to keep him motivated and not alienate him from the squad. I don't like that we have to bend over to the Frenchman after his disrespectful actions, but this isn't Solskjaer's fault and he has to do what is best for the club right now.
Absolute nonsense! What disrespectful actions? He is only doing what he thinks is best for his career. As long as he keeps acting in a professional manner i dont see what the problem is. He has shown up for preseason and even Ole has called out the nonsense being propagated by the media. You guys always equate players acting in their own interest with disrespect.

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

As long as he stays professional I have no problem to be honest, never thought he would be long term when he joined to begin with.

If we can find a resolution for us and him it would be great, I’d take player + cash simply because I don’t have faith in pure money being invested back into the squad.

einstein

That has never been in his game and why he had Pirlo assisting him in that duty.

He is a technically sound number 8/10 that connect the midfield to the attack. Never a player that set the tempo of the match but he playmakes and make a lot of assist if your attack is structered well. A high risk but high reward. And I don't think he lose the ball more than other 10's. Unfortunately we don't have ball players that are clever enough moving in the last third of the pitch or building from defence so he end up doing 3 or 4 jobs and we are easily nullified.
That might be a correct assessment. The issue is, in modern day football has evolved beyond the typical no. 10 players. With the evolution of pressing in modern day play, and strikers (false 9 type role)/wingers being more mobile and mostly cutting in, the space between the lines that a typical no. 10 occupies is at a premium. Also, with most teams now playing with 1/2 defensive midfielders. A no. 10 role has become somewhat of a luxury that the team has to carry and not something you can build your team around.

Reactions: Penna

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Only in the beginning. I'd go mad if I was a midfielder playing besides him. He never makes the easy passes. There's no circulation, no flow with him in the game. If you don't move the ball (quickly) across the pitch, the opponent doesn't have to shift too much and thus no holes in the defensive line up are provoked. He's like one of those kids who wabt to score a goal, make a killer pass or do something decisive/spectacular whenever they are on the ball. And then people think the team depends on such a player just because when there's a dangerous situation, it's created by him. Of course that's the case, how should others create something if one player tries to finish every attack prematurely.

Pogba could be a great player if he used his skills intelligently. However, he's got no intrinsic motivation to do that so some manager needs to force him to do it.

Recently I've read an interview from Koulibaly in which he said that Rafa Benitez watched a compilation of his own plays with him. Spectacular tackles, defence splitting passes, dribbles etc. and albeit it was very impressive, Benitez told him to stop that sh*t. Instead he showed him a video of him doing boring and easy stuff and asked him to play like that. Pogba needs a similar lecture. I mean, we've seen how stupidly bad Pogba looked against PSG. Completely dominated by three midfielders that do the easy and subtle things 95%of the time. And yet the 'most gifted midfielder in the world' according to many here looked like a school boy against them and couldn't get even one foot on the ground.

Le Red

I really don't understand all this fuss around Pogba. When the guy's on the ball, he walks through midfield, letting opponents near him. Then he drags the ball around a little bit with his sole and places his massive body between the ball and the opponent and everyone is like "woah, look how good he can shield the ball". Then he either loses it or plays a pass he could've played 5 minutes ago without any risk of losing it.
That's Pogba in a nutshell. His fanboys don't seem to understand the difference between having talent and making the most out of it.
Also, the most common complaint regarding our midfield transfer prospects is that they "wouldn't work alongside Pogba". For a guy that's supposed to be one of the best midfielders in the world, ain't it funny that any midfield duo or trio including him looks awkward on paper?

KennyBurner

That's Pogba in a nutshell. His fanboys don't seem to understand the difference between having talent and making the most out of it.
Also, the most common complaint regarding our midfield transfer prospects is that they "wouldn't work alongside Pogba". For a guy that's supposed to be one of the best midfielders in the world, ain't it funny that any midfield duo or trio including him looks awkward on paper?
Thats just bad decision making from him which we have always criticized. Its one thing i always hoped he would grow out of but at 26 he still seems a bit immature on the pitch. Still the talent is very evident and you can't deny that. He has the statistics to back that up.

There is also a lack of leadership at the club like that we had in SAF. Pogba works well in a double pivot for France so i dont see why we can't make him follow instructions here at United. He is no messi or ronaldo and I doubt even he thinks that so I see no reason why Ole can't get him to do the dirty work in midfield if that is whats needed. Lets top pointing at individuals and start looking more at the coaches and management because after 7 years and different players coming though we are still very much behind.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Let him stay and buy some decent midfielders to play around him. If that doesn’t work, perhaps an asteroid could mercifully settle the debate once and for all by causing the long overdue next major extinction event (I think I’ve grown weary of this debate!).

elnorte

Freaky fly day
For those saying we should be asking £150 million or £180 million or whatever-the-feck for Pogba can I ask when has he actually shown himself to be worth this much? Because it certainly hasn't been for us. His World Cup performances then? That was only a handful of games.

It's a cliché but I'm going to say it regardless, the guy is significantly overrated if that is the kind of money expected for him. And perhaps that's exactly why Real Madrid have shown no interest at this kind of price.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

https://www.football365.com/news/transfer-solution-man-utd-should-offer-real-125m-double-deal

Set 150m price tag on Pogba. But allow him to go to Real for 125m if they take Sanchez as well.. Save the 25m a year on Sánchez wages so still make 150m, and get the wage structure in order. Gets a couple of want-away players out of the club and free up a load of funds for the midfield replacements we need.

To boot Sánchez would be happy to move there as a bit part player, and would likely take a big pay cut for the privilege so Real would possibly be keen.

feck thats dumb.

Sanchez irrespective of whether he is costing us money, is still an asset. You're effectively giving him away and losing 25 million in the process.

arthurka

He was the leader in the dressing room. It's what Didier Deschamps, and the french players said..and the documentary showed it too.

On the pitch, he was the guy doing the transition. Deschamps style is basic as feck. It's was Pogba lauching Mbappé. France won because of them...

He was involved in the 2 goals against Australia ( his pass forced the defender to give away the pen and he scored the winning goal ), he also created the winning goal against Peru after he won back a ball and made a fantastic pass to Giroud who would have scored if Mbappé wasn't an opportunist, he didn't play against Denmark because he had a yellow and Deschamps didn't want to risk to miss his leader and playmaker against Argentina. Without him, the french NT was awful against Denmark because they can't create anything without the best playermaker of the world cup

Against Argentina and Uruguay he worked hard while still spraying passes like prime Pirlo
:

Against Belgium he bullied Mousa Dembele, KDB and Fellaini while still spraying passes. A masterclass proving that he's the best midfielder in the world in the biggest stage

Against Croatia he was the unofficial MOTM and scored the most important goal, closing the game and the passe to Mbappe before his goal was the pass of the tournament.

Pogba world cup was flawless. Stop hating, it's pathetic.:lol:
Thanks .. He was the best player for France in the WC even if the salty ones say otherwise.

Canagel

Only in the beginning. I'd go mad if I was a midfielder playing besides him. He never makes the easy passes. There's no circulation, no flow with him in the game. If you don't move the ball (quickly) across the pitch, the opponent doesn't have to shift too much and thus no holes in the defensive line up are provoked. He's like one of those kids who wabt to score a goal, make a killer pass or do something decisive/spectacular whenever they are on the ball. And then people think the team depends on such a player just because when there's a dangerous situation, it's created by him. Of course that's the case, how should others create something if one player tries to finish every attack prematurely.

Pogba could be a great player if he used his skills intelligently. However, he's got no intrinsic motivation to do that so some manager needs to force him to do it.

Recently I've read an interview from Koulibaly in which he said that Rafa Benitez watched a compilation of his own plays with him. Spectacular tackles, defence splitting passes, dribbles etc. and albeit it was very impressive, Benitez told him to stop that sh*t. Instead he showed him a video of him doing boring and easy stuff and asked him to play like that. Pogba needs a similar lecture. I mean, we've seen how stupidly bad Pogba looked against PSG. Completely dominated by three midfielders that do the easy and subtle things 95%of the time. And yet the 'most gifted midfielder in the world' according to many here looked like a school boy against them and couldn't get even one foot on the ground.
. There's been lots of games where we've been without him and created absolute nothing. Infact season before the last one we were level with City until he got injured for 3 months and our title challenge falled apart. You would only have to see our chances creation ratio with and without him to know how much the team rely on him in an attacking sense and how utterly toothless we are when he don't play . Near every attacking move that doesn't include his touch goes to waste.

If anything he's underrated and not overrated. There's no team in the world that rely on its CM except us and this is I think more significant than him not recycling the ball over and over. His "sloppiness" is also massively exaggerated (it's not like he give the ball away for fun and other top players have 100% pass completion) his "easier" passing is adequate and certainly not as bad as made out same as his tracking back/defending- it's far outweighed by all the good and even necessary things he provide but usually it's not what the people focus on.
As far as playing and winning as a team is concerned he already have enough tools to be an asset for any big team imo even without any changing in his style.

Last edited:

sammyhol

feck thats dumb.

Sanchez irrespective of whether he is costing us money, is still an asset. You're effectively giving him away and losing 25 million in the process.
It is a daft, hypothetical suggestion that is very unlikely... but i completely disagree with your assertion that it doesn’t make commercial or financial sense.

Sanchez is an ageing asset that no club has an interest in procuring at anywhere near market rate, and his value will continue to dwindle. And pogba wants to leave.

Combined they cost the club 41m a year in wages.

If we offered Real a 25m discount to take both, and get 125m for the pair of them, it would allow us to make 4 young signings at an average of 31.5m each, all of which would be assets that are likely to appreciate in value.

If each of them were on an average salary of 195k per week we would still be in the black.

In what world does that not make sense for United financially?!?!

DoomSlayer

Absolute nonsense! What disrespectful actions? He is only doing what he thinks is best for his career. As long as he keeps acting in a professional manner i dont see what the problem is. He has shown up for preseason and even Ole has called out the nonsense being propagated by the media. You guys always equate players acting in their own interest with disrespect.
Bullshit. Pogba can look out for his interests and still remain respectful to the club, Ole and to the contract he has signed with us, for which we pay him a ton of fecking money.

I backed Pogba against Mourinho after the start of last season, I wanted Solskjaer to build the team around him and even make him captain, which he obviously led OGS to believe that will happen at the end of the season, only to go and stab all of his supporters in the back, but most importantly his manager who has never said a single bad word about him, always full of praise.

This isn't how a real professional acts and I lost respect for Pogba as a man of honour. Would still support him if he stays and gives his all for the badge, but the love will never be there anymore.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I really don't understand all this fuss around Pogba. When the guy's on the ball, he walks through midfield, letting opponents near him. Then he drags the ball around a little bit with his sole and places his massive body between the ball and the opponent and everyone is like "woah, look how good he can shield the ball". Then he either loses it or plays a pass he could've played 5 minutes ago without any risk of losing it. He always wants to do the spectacular thing. Playing a 50m pass, a through ball, shield the ball, dribble, shoot from the distance and so forth. Sideway passes, distribtuons of play, etc.? Nah. Overrated.

Honestly, he's a symbol for everything that's currently going wrong at United from a footballing perspective. Kick and rush and box to box midfielders draggon the ball over the pitch themselves are dead, move on guys. Go for marathon men in midfield and play an intensive pressing/quick transition style if you like vertical football or bet on outplaying the opponent through technical lightweight players and possession, like Guardiola does. Pogba doesn't really fit in either system.
What nonsense. So he doesn't fit in the only two ways you think it's possible for a midfield to work in modern football?

France just won the World Cup with a midfield that didn't play like either of those. For you it's either Klopp football, Pep football or no football at all. There are loads of different styles that work in football and different players with different strengths can succeed depending on it, if he goes to Madrid he'll be an absolute star under Zidane just like he was under Conte in Turin.

You talk as if there are two or three ways of playing football successfully and every single manager that doesn't do it is an idiot. United's main problem is that their players aren't as good as their rivals' players. Their problem is lack of quality, getting rid of the only bit of quality they already have won't do anything but make them worse.

That's talking about his impact on the pitch only, if he's having a negative impact on the dressing room then that's a different matter and it might be better to let him go.

Le Red

I'm going to say it again in the hope I'll be heard. Can the poll be changed to something more relevant to the current state of affairs? I'd like to see how many people want him to stay vs how many want him to be sold.

Suedesi

This is the most stupid suggestion I've ever read.

Pogba is worth 200 mill EUR easily.

If we need to get rid of Sanchez we can flog him to China for free.

Suedesi

Interesting, why do you think Zidane has made Pogba his #1 transfer target?

TsuWave

Bullshit. Pogba can look out for his interests and still remain respectful to the club, Ole and to the contract he has signed with us, for which we pay him a ton of fecking money.

I backed Pogba against Mourinho after the start of last season, I wanted Solskjaer to build the team around him and even make him captain, which he obviously led OGS to believe that will happen at the end of the season, only to go and stab all of his supporters in the back, but most importantly his manager who has never said a single bad word about him, always full of praise.

This isn't how a real professional acts and I lost respect for Pogba as a man of honour. Would still support him if he stays and gives his all for the badge, but the love will never be there anymore.
:lol: so being upfront about wanting a move away is stabbing the supporters and the manager in the back? the guy expressed his wishes, the club at this moment, to our knowledge, is not exactly keen on selling, but the guy reported for preseason duty as he was supposed to and life goes on.

clubs get rid of players at the drop of a hat, all the time, in fact, that's how most people expect clubs to operate the moment a player underperforms, in contrast, players are expected to conduct themselves as some sort of samurai with steely and unshakable loyalty for the clubs they play for, and if they ever dare to look after their careers and aim for greener pastures then all of a sudden said player brought shame to themselves and their family and its seppuku time.

DoomSlayer

:lol: so being upfront about wanting a move away is stabbing the supporters and the manager in the back? the guy expressed his wishes, the club at this moment, to our knowledge, is not exactly keen on selling, but the guy reported for preseason duty as he was supposed to and life goes on.

clubs get rid of players at the drop of a hat, all the time, in fact, that's how most people expect clubs to operate the moment a player underperforms, in contrast, players are expected to conduct themselves as some sort of samurai with steely and unshakable loyalty for the clubs they play for, and if they ever dare to look after their careers and aim for greener pastures then all of a sudden said player brought shame to themselves and their family and its seppuku time.
So every player that wants to leave has to express it publicly? Especially when, in the case of Pogba, the player know he is the center of the manager's plans, who has totally trusted him since getting the job.

There were loads of fans who backed the Frenchman too, as I said myself included. Why do it in such a damaging way to the whole club? You see what dire situation we are at, everyone is on edge, the media constantly pile more shit on United. What was the need to do it like this and using that fat feck to talk even more crap than usual?

KennyBurner

What a delusional post. Where have you gotten all this information from about promises made by pogba? Do you have some sort of recording when you where in the room while pogba was saying all this to Ole? The fact is he has remained respectful to the club and although him wanting to leave is very disappointing it is in no way disrespectful. Stop spouting nonsense and creating fake stories to suit this agenda the has been disrespectful.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

:lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What nonsense. So he doesn't fit in the only two ways you think it's possible for a midfield to work in modern football?

France just won the World Cup with a midfield that didn't play like either of those. For you it's either Klopp football, Pep football or no football at all. There are loads of different styles that work in football and different players with different strengths can succeed depending on it, if he goes to Madrid he'll be an absolute star under Zidane just like he was under Conte in Turin.

You talk as if there are two or three ways of playing football successfully and every single manager that doesn't do it is an idiot. United's main problem is that their players aren't as good as their rivals' players. Their problem is lack of quality, getting rid of the only bit of quality they already have won't do anything but make them worse.

That's talking about his impact on the pitch only, if he's having a negative impact on the dressing room then that's a different matter and it might be better to let him go.
It's a load of nonsense anyways, he posts this nonsense and keeps digging bigger hole.

roykeane19

If he was white you`d be calling him the next Paul Scholes

The hate and abuse this guy gets is absolutely baffling, hes 1 superstar in a team of duds how do you expect a midfielder to win a match on his own

TsuWave

So every player that wants to leave has to express it publicly? Especially when, in the case of Pogba, the player know he is the center of the manager's plans, who has totally trusted him since getting the job.

There were loads of fans who backed the Frenchman too, as I said myself included. Why do it in such a damaging way to the whole club? You see what dire situation we are at, everyone is on edge, the media constantly pile more shit on United. What was the need to do it like this and using that fat feck to talk even more crap than usual?
what does it matter if he's the center of the manager's plans? or that the manager trusted him? does Pogba owe Ole some kind of debt in your eyes or something? an unproven and largely unqualified manager who has already presided over our worst run of form since 1962, but somehow Pogba is supposed to have pause and not do what is best for himself because said manager sees him as the centrepiece? the club now finishes outside of the top four regularly, the squad is poor, and as reinforcements we brought in AWB and a kid from the championship, meanwhile the guys that want Pogba have already bought Hazard, Mendy, Jovic and Militao.

Pogba is not the first and he won't be the last high profile player to express they want to leave publicly. That's usually done when there's a reluctance from the club to let the player go. Hell, Raiola said United knows of the player wishes so it's not like it was a surprise for the club, and its exactly due to our current situation that he wishes to leave. Why would anyone be expected to stick it out quietly with a sinking ship, especially when despite being the outstanding talent, and outproducing peers at more stable and functional teams, you get scapegoated at every turn?

again, he's reported back at the time he was expected, he is training with the team and fulfilling his duties. The manager came out and said he has no concerns regarding Pogba because he is a model professional and is behaving as such. Life goes on until there's a resolution, be it he stays or goes.

DoomSlayer

What a delusional post. Where have you gotten all this information from about promises made by pogba? Do you have some sort of recording when you where in the room while pogba was saying all this to Ole? The fact is he has remained respectful to the club and although him wanting to leave is very disappointing it is in no way disrespectful. Stop spouting nonsense and creating fake stories to suit this agenda the has been disrespectful.
Pogba perfectly well knows he is our main player, Ole said numerous times last season he is assured that he will stay and would build the team around him. The least he and Raiola could do is not go so public with it, considering it puts us in a very weak position and significantly lowers the value of the player.
what does it matter if he's the center of the manager's plans? or that the manager trusted him? does Pogba owe Ole some kind of debt in your eyes or something? an unproven and largely unqualified manager who has already presided over our worst run of form since 1962, but somehow Pogba is supposed to have pause and not do what is best for himself because said manager sees him as the centrepiece? the club now finishes outside of the top four regularly, the squad is poor, and as reinforcements we brought in AWB and a kid from the championship, meanwhile the guys that want Pogba have already bought Hazard, Mendy, Jovic and Militao.

Pogba is not the first and he won't be the last high profile player to express they want to leave publicly. That's usually done when there's a reluctance from the club to let the player go. Hell, Raiola said United knows of the player wishes so it's not like it was a surprise for the club, and its exactly due to our current situation that he wishes to leave. Why would anyone be expected to stick it out quietly with a sinking ship, especially when despite being the outstanding talent, and outproducing peers at more stable and functional teams, you get scapegoated at every turn?

again, he's reported back at the time he was expected, he is training with the team and fulfilling his duties. The manager came out and said he has no concerns regarding Pogba because he is a model professional and is behaving as such. Life goes on until there's a resolution, be it he stays or goes.
So you really have no issue with Pogba weakening United's bargaining power by going public with all this? The club basically backed the players and him specifically by sacking Mourinho, same goes for most of the fans. How is him turning around and suddenly wanting to leave not a bad move towards the manager or the team?

If he was so hellbent on getting out, do it privately and allow us to get the proper value from a supposed sale. With the way things are, the likes of Real Madrid think they can bully us in accepting derogatory offers in the region of 80 million euros plus some of their deadwood players. It's absolutely preposterous in my eyes and it only serves to fill Raiola's pocket yet again. Just another evidence that Sir Alex was totally correct in calling that fat wannabe Neapolitan gangster a "shitebag".

Why are Manchester United fans suddenly so caring about what is good for a player's career if they want to leave the club? Should we not be more worried about what the feck is happening to our team instead?

And anyway, I said in my previous comments - if Ole is fine with him staying and if Pogba gives a 100%, I will support him, simple as that. But I've lost respect for him as a human being, that's all and when he eventually leaves, wouldn't give a single feck about him, unlike many of our former players.