Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davidmichael

He said it on ESPN FC, 2minutes in:

If that’s the case and Pogba wants assurances we're headed in the right direction then maybe he should put in 100% every single game as he has the ability and talent to drag us through games and win but can’t be bothered sometimes.

I get it’s not on him alone but when you’re the star player much like Cantona was and Ronaldo was you’re expected to use that talent to turn a game with your ability or at least put in 100% every game, it sets the tone and an example for the rest of the team.

redshaw

You want us to pay 425k pw to a player who doesn’t want to be here, and build our wage structure around Sanchez’s wage?
We would go bankrupt.
No we shouldn't build our wage structure around Sanchez. If there's one player who has the profile and contribution in the squad who should be a top earner then it's Paul Pogba, a player who's reaching his peak years. We don't know how desperate he is to leave, if he is then he's gone anyway.

The biggest problem is adding quality to the squad. If we as a club are not looking to spend then we shouldn't cling on to Pogba as there's plenty of teams doing well without him and he alone playing better than most isn't enough to make up the shortfall. The only time I've seen real quality in the last six years is Ibra and Pogba.

Rolaholic

Besides nothing suggests that Zidane does so, it's all speculation from media.
I mean there's quotes from his own mouth

Along with every Madrid based paper pushing his interest in him since the end of last season

elnorte

Freaky fly day
This saga is quickly becoming less fun than a trip to the dentist.

If the Fat Gab report is true perhaps Pogba is realising that the move he was hoping ain't happening.

clarkydaz

Raiola has gone very public saying he wants to leave and that the club have known that for a while, plus the fact he will be on a paycut and playing Europa league next year. But this Marcotti guy thinks its about reassurances? Nah, sounds like nobody will buy him and saving face if so

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I mean there's quotes from his own mouth

Along with every Madrid based paper pushing his interest in him since the end of last season
I meant to quote @Suedesi who was talking about Zidane not necessarily making Pogba his n°1 target and not the post mentioning that Zidane like him. Besides Zidane has liked so many players over the years and Real Madrid has been linked with so many players, it's hard for the fans to know what's real and what's not.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The fact that Zidane likes him doesn't mean he'll do his utmost to persuade Perez to fork out whatever it is United demand - on top of what they have spent already.

Seems clear enough that if it were simply up to Pogba and Zidane, he'd be long gone already. It obviously is not up to those two, though.

Reassurances? Right. Shades of Rooney there. He wasn't really looking for "reassurances" - and Pogba won't be either. "Reassurances" means money, as in: more of it.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Reassurances? Right. Shades of Rooney there. He wasn't really looking for "reassurances" - and Pogba won't be either. "Reassurances" means money, as in: more of it.
Yeah, it's pretty much always seemed obvious to me anyway that he's doing the whole thing for a pay bump, which he knows he'll get.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Raiola has gone very public saying he wants to leave and that the club have known that for a while, plus the fact he will be on a paycut and playing Europa league next year. But this Marcotti guy thinks its about reassurances? Nah, sounds like nobody will buy him and saving face if so
I hate the briefing comment but could well be that going on.

Bit close to raiolas comments though.
.it is amazing gall to ask for a new contract instead. Especially when part of a massively under performing team. So much so that you have activated a wage reduction clause

DoomSlayer

Yeah, Marcotti is one of the good journo's.
Very passionate reporter,especially when he talks about his own team (Inter milan) to comedic effect.
Good to see Pogba and the rest of the squad in good spirits as well in today's training session, whilst also taking a lot of time to greet and interact with the fans in Australia.

Despite my feelings on him, I'd rather we moved on to more positive atmosphere and would embrace whatever decision Ole makes about it.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pogba and his agent hedging their bets. Likely no offers for him which would satisfy the club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If that's the case, I am with him. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm pretty sure that it's true but I still don't like his new challenge comments. We don't need more drama and media focus.

Rolaholic

Pretty sure there's some here who would've preferer him to go AWOL and not even show up like the other stars looking for moves this summer

Ooohlala!!!

Supports
Women with long legs
Unfortunately I can't see him leaving this summer. The only reason he's being linked with Madrid is because Zidane has a massive hard on for him. Neither the president, board, fans (majority) want him or his circus there.
Everything wrong with that. He could of said he was looking for reassurances before he and his evil twin made it more than clear enough they want an out.
Sounds to me for now no-one wants him so like the rat he is he's now trying to cover all the bases in case a move doesn't work out. Bumper pay rise in the offering? Well played Pogba /Raiola. If I see him kiss the badge I'm gonna puke.

clarkydaz

I'm pretty sure that it's true but I still don't like his new challenge comments. We don't need more drama and media focus.
why would you make those comments knowing you aint that popular anyway, for a few more quid? Rooney was loved when he did it, and forever burned bridges with many fans

RedCurry

Haven't found the complete article.

Here is the video link
http://www.espn.co.uk/video/clip?id=27156535
That's the classic situation where he realized that Real aren't coming for him at our valuation. Now the club and the player are going to work together to improve his public perception by releasing carefully edited statements to press. By the end of the window, Pogba will be talking about how much he loves the club and willing to work hard for it. When the grind starts, he'll surely be itching for a move and sulking on the pitch. Unless of course he suddenly grows up.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Even if he stays, I hope we pursue his replacements and be ready for next year. Savic or Saul must be signed this year.

I don't blame him for not wanting to play with McT and Matic. Come on - he is way better.

Gandalf

I am sure he will knuckle down for the next season if he stays, he still ultimately wants another big move and it isn't happening unless he raises his game. He must be aware that if he had maintained his levels from Ole's first 12 games then Real would have been kicking the door down at any price to sign him, his lack of engagement in the last couple of months of the season hurt him big time, certainly a lot of Real fans are pointing to that as a reason why they don't want him.

If a deal is not there to be made this summer then he hurts himself more than anyone by acting up and Pogba is very savvy and aware of his image and how he is perceived. It might be for mercenary reasons and with an eye on Madrid next summer but if he is here for the next season I expect it will be the best season he has ever had in a United shirt.

poleglass red

Pogba scores goal in 1st game, runs to crown and kisses badge, all is forgiven haha.
Joking aside he could do a Ronaldo, we tell him give us one more season and you can go. He plays well as it's to his benefit, as the better he plays the more Real would want him, possibly his value increases and then boom, win win. Real won't be in such a rebuilding stage next season, they've spent massively already this season. They could afford him next season or more realistically meet our valuation. I don't see this a some sort of committment to us, just more a realisation that Real can't afford him this season. Bit of a wake up call for him.

redshaw

Will be interesting if Pogba gets a better contract. Had we scraped 4th and if Pogba was looking to move or get a better deal then I could see it happening but if the squad has indeed been hit with a pay cut for missing 4th then it could cause problems.

Last edited:

Houdini

So he is staying? What a turnaround :eek: leaving or not we need more signings.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's amazing how people react to players at other clubs using the interest of United to secure better terms and get the necessary reassurance, and how people react to Pogba possibly using the interest of others to do the same. If I was Pogba, I'd have no interest in being at a United who lack ambition and scrabbling around for Europa League spots, but I'd be very happy at a United who are acting in a manner that will see them competing for the league and in Europe, and who want to build a side that gets the most out of me.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
why would you make those comments knowing you aint that popular anyway, for a few more quid? Rooney was loved when he did it, and forever burned bridges with many fans
I don't think players think or care much about these things, the reality is that even if you are a perfect player from a PR standpoint, a large amount of fans will turn against you at some point, the same is true for clubs who will ditch you without problem when they feel like it. So in the end players think about their own careers from a financial and football standpoint, realistically Pogba can't and shouldn't be the only outfield top player and he shouldn't accept to see the club not signifcantly improve the starting eleven, so I could understand if he wanted to leave if nothing changes.

But I really don't like this type of communication, I will always be for the principal of keeping things behind closed door. If he is worried for himself and maybe the club then he should talk to the suits and if nothing is done, officially request a transfer. I can respect that but I can't respect what he and Raiola did this summer.

Crashoutcassius

Madrid unlikely to come up with cash and agents and player talk can always lead to new contract. Club will have to decide what he is worth wage wise. Would be good to have him commit though so at least we know how we are to build our midfield from here

He'sRaldo

Could be part of Raiola's contract strategy; remember Donnarumma. Never really know what the bloke is up to tbh.

He'sRaldo

A lot of people want Ole to throw the Glazers under the bus, this would be Pogba doing similar. I thought they would love him for it.

Drawfull

If he's pulling a Rooney (I doubt it to be honest), despite Rooney pissing off a lot of fans at the time he had an awful lot of credit in the bank. Regardless of whether Pogba, on paper at least, is our best player he doesn't hold anything like as much. Remember the press conference Fergie did when Rooney handed the request in? He was visibly gutted. Somehow I don't think Pogba would generate the same reaction from the current hierarchy.

Similarly if he isn't pulling a Rooney (and from his agent's quotes, he's not), then it would be foolhardy to keep him. I don't think he has the maturity to behave like Ronaldo did when he agreed to an extra year, for example. Certainly not for the duration of the season. And ultimately, do we really need the circus that it would bring? No.

arthurka

I personally don´t mind if he goes but that isn´t to say I don´t know how good he is.
He is our best player by some distance and it´s a shame we can´t seem to motivate him.
But some of the abuse here is just crazy.

DoomSlayer

If he's pulling a Rooney (I doubt it to be honest), despite Rooney pissing off a lot of fans at the time he had an awful lot of credit in the bank. Regardless of whether Pogba, on paper at least, is our best player he doesn't hold anything like as much. Remember the press conference Fergie did when Rooney handed the request in? He was visibly gutted. Somehow I don't think Pogba would generate the same reaction from the current hierarchy.

Similarly if he isn't pulling a Rooney (and from his agent's quotes, he's not), then it would be foolhardy to keep him. I don't think he has the maturity to behave like Ronaldo did when he agreed to an extra year, for example. Certainly not for the duration of the season. And ultimately, do we really need the circus that it would bring? No.
Didn't Sir Alex break the Rooney story to the press? After that the Englishman made a public statement which in hindsight was spot on and proves how embarrassing the abuse he received was.

Wazza was extremely respectful in his words to the club, the saga ended in exactly 5 days with him signing a new contract and it was publicly made know that he apologised to Sir Alex personally and then to the entire squad.

Art

Art the artist
If he signs a new contract and we manage to get Longstaff+ Bruno I'd be thrilled. Let's not forget how brilliant Paul actually is.