Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GazTheLegend

Could be part of Raiola's contract strategy; remember Donnarumma. Never really know what the bloke is up to tbh.
Raiola cares about Raiola.

The man really is a virus and I don’t get why people defend him - he takes money away from both player and club and gives nothing back but drama.

He'sRaldo

The man really is a virus and I don’t get why people defend him - he takes money away from both player and club and gives nothing back but drama.
I think he seems a good agent, wouldn't mind him at all as a player. As a supporter of the club, I obviously wouldn't want us to deal with him very much, but he's a good agent for his players, takes care of them.

Only thing is sometimes his strategies are quite aggressive and backfire.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Didn't Sir Alex break the Rooney story to the press?
If memory serves, he did - yes. And he did so in order to force Rooney's "camp" (I forget his agent's name - Paul something or other) into making a move quickly: basically, take what's on the table or piss off.

He took what was on the table, as we know, which is what he was after: he only questioned United's ambitions as part of a ploy to get a better contract - and told his team mates just that when it was over. It was business, in short - fair enough, but I'd hardly laud Rooney, as some do, as some kind of visionary who saw through the Glazers' non-ambitious, money grabbing scheme.

Anyway, from Ole's perspective, right now - of course he'd rather keep Pogba and gamble on him being reasonably motivated for at least one more season: the "United in shambles" narrative is much harder to peddle with Pogba staying, seemingly content to be a part of Ole's rebuild. If that's how this ends, I think we should all be fairly pleased, actually.

Caveat: it obviously comes down to Pogba's own motivation, that goes without saying. If he starts to phone it in, we're in a bad place. But, again, I actually don't think he will do that. It's not in his best interest to do so.

RedDevilUnited369

I wouldn't want him at that price either.
Yes you would. Pogba will earn any club sponsored by Adidas close to £100m commercial revenue a season as long as he’s signed to Adidas. 5 year deal = £500m. He has 36m followers on Insta. Money maker.

It’s the reason we won’t accept any swap deals. Commercial revenue we lose can’t be made back by Madrid’s unwanted players.

Rolaholic

Starting to feel like he'sdefinitely staying this season,the clubs social media accounts have been highlighting him a lot since the squad have been in Australia

TheHeya

Starting to feel like he'sdefinitely staying this season,the clubs social media accounts have been highlighting him a lot since the squad have been in Australia
Of course they have. Paul Pogba pics means more followers which in turn means Woody is happy

R'hllor

What a shit show :lol:, now doing PR bullshit so he can cross back a bridge he left behind months ago.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If that’s the case and Pogba wants assurances we're headed in the right direction then maybe he should put in 100% every single game as he has the ability and talent to drag us through games and win but can’t be bothered sometimes.

I get it’s not on him alone but when you’re the star player much like Cantona was and Ronaldo was you’re expected to use that talent to turn a game with your ability or at least put in 100% every game, it sets the tone and an example for the rest of the team.
Both of those were forwards but most importantly they played in great teams. Yes they made those great teams better, both are better than Pogba for me, but I'm not sure particularly Cantona would function in this team.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yes you would. Pogba will earn any club sponsored by Adidas close to £100m commercial revenue a season as long as he’s signed to Adidas. 5 year deal = £500m. He has 36m followers on Insta. Money maker.

It’s the reason we won’t accept any swap deals. Commercial revenue we lose can’t be made back by Madrid’s unwanted players.
We'll if United keep him I just hope the financial 'benefits' you outlined are somehow reflected on the pitch.

poleglass red

if he stays one more season or not, we still need a defensive midfielder than can actually run and another mid who can add something creatively

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Both of those were forwards but most importantly they played in great teams. Yes they made those great teams better, both are better than Pogba for me, but I'm not sure particularly Cantona would function in this team.
Not a chance, and Ronaldo would definitely have wanted to leave this season as well (if not earlier) if he'd been surrounded with a similar team and lack of success.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Right now, I'd take Asensio and some dosh for Pogba just to get this done and over with (plus it might piss off the dippers)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
if he stays one more season or not, we still need a defensive midfielder than can actually run and another mid who can add something creatively
but he'll have a strop/diva fit at some stage. he's a virus and should be cleaned out

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Don't like him or his approach, but Raiola will always do what a player wants. His players do move a lot, but he also has Veratti and before Nedved, who was one of the best players in the world at the time and never made a beep when it came to transfers. Even went with Juventus to Serie B. The transfer to Juventus was also Lazio decision because of financial difficulties (was at the same time when they sold Veron to us).

George The Best

Spot on.

jackal&hyde

Brilliant news if he stays. Add another creative MD and we will be fantastic going forward.

George The Best

Agree. If this is just a hissy fit to get the club to show more ambition, then I hope it succeeds and we bring in some quality players to help him.

KennyBurner

Pogba and his agent hedging their bets. Likely no offers for him which would satisfy the club.
they aren't smart. I said it earlier that nobody is serious about him especially when it would cost them more than 100m pounds. Madrid have bale on 600k per week. They aren't city or PSG that grow money on trees. They have to operate like the rest of us and sell before they can buy. Still he has made it clear he wants to leave. I would like an extra season out of him and if madrid still want him he can go next season which gives Ole time to sort out our problems.

Reactions: Sultan

windycityfan

Brilliant news if he stays. Add another creative MD and we will be fantastic going forward.
Fantastic? How so?

Methinks there are still too many holes to address. This squad is hardly unchanged, except for AWB.

Can we achieve top four with a Lindelof - Smalling partnership? Same for McTominay/Matic as defensive minded midfielders.
Can we count on Martial to rise to the level he’s shown flashes, but not deliver on consistent basis?
Can Rashford carry the lone striker duties without a substitute that can be counted on such as Lukaku?
Who’s going to take on the right wing black hole? Mata can, but he shouldn’t be our first choice

Not knocking you for what you said. I just seriously don’t see how fantastic we can be with the moves we have/have not made.

Stadjer

Ronaldo would be gone so fast you'd think his shorts were on fire.
And you cant blame him for it. David de Gea and Pogba can play and start for every team in the world yet they are stuck in a team with Smalling, Young, Jones, Jlingz and Matic as starters.

I love Manchester United but if a player wants to leave to win stuff (and be remembered as player because that is what winnning will do) than you can hardly blame them.

All the people who want Pogba gone... imagine how bad the team would be. Yes Manchester United might be able to sign a player who works harder (or atleast it will look like he works harder) but that player wont be as good or as talented as Paul Pogba.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
As much as I'd be happy to see the back of him, if he really did want to stay, wanted reassurances of progression, I'd love for that to happen, but the club need reassurances he'll put the effort in every match rather than when he can be arsed :lol:

Art Vandelay

As much as I'd be happy to see the back of him, if he really did want to stay, wanted reassurances of progression, I'd love for that to happen, but the club need reassurances he'll put the effort in every match rather than when he can be arsed :lol:
:lol: It's fecking bizarre. Turns up for 10 games then thinks he can dictate transfer policy while suggesting he might be willing to take a pay rise. We know full well it will be the same crap next summer too.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Why? We've been utter dog shit with him in the midfield for the last three years. What you think another player alongside him is going to mask that?!

poleglass red

but he'll have a strop/diva fit at some stage. he's a virus and should be cleaned out
cleaned out where. i want him gone as much as anyone, but there is no takers for anything like what we want to charge. There is one club legitimately interested in him and they can't afford him. Whether he stays or not we need more creativity in midfield.

Ban

And you cant blame him for it. David de Gea and Pogba can play and start for every team in the world yet they are stuck in a team with Smalling, Young, Jones, Jlingz and Matic as starters.

I love Manchester United but if a player wants to leave to win stuff (and be remembered as player because that is what winnning will do) than you can hardly blame them.

All the people who want Pogba gone... imagine how bad the team would be. Yes Manchester United might be able to sign a player who works harder (or atleast it will look like he works harder) but that player wont be as good or as talented as Paul Pogba.
Everybody is aware how talented he is. Problem is that sometimes he cannot be arsed and he's been one leg out of the club for a long time now. Don't want any player to be bigger than the club and sometimes it seems so like Pogba is. I'm sure in the future we'll buy a talented player who is arsed too. United history didn't start with Pogba and won't end with him leaving.
As for the latest news, seems he's backtracking cause Madrid or Juve won't splash the cash we want for him.
Saying all that it is time to add more players and quality ones.

LoneStar

About the reassurance part (assuming it's true), I get where the guy is coming from. No one wants to spend their peak years playing with Matic and Fred, while languishing for a top 4 finish.

But he doesn't seem to realise that he is part of the problem. It's clear that when he's arsed, he can put in the defensive work, and be a great midfielder. But he can't seem to/doesn't want to do that week in week out.

Ideally I would like him gone, but we already have so many positions to strengthen, and less time, doesn't make sense to sell him this summer.

Without him, our midfield goes from average to utterly shocking.

Mainoldo

Everybody is aware how talented he is. Problem is that sometimes he cannot be arsed and he's been one leg out of the club for a long time now. Don't want any player to be bigger than the club and sometimes it seems so like Pogba is. I'm sure in the future we'll buy a talented player who is arsed too. United history didn't start with Pogba and won't end with him leaving.
As for the latest news, seems he's backtracking cause Madrid or Juve won't splash the cash we want for him.
Saying all that it is time to add more players and quality ones.
He’s not bigger than the club he’s bigger than the squad and that is the real issue. The day us fans start to understand that the day we might actually start moving our frustrations away from players.

Fairly confident we wont bring in another central creative midfielder if Pogba remains.
Ole will hope Lingard and Mata is apt competition.

Ole,like Jose, will likely continue to add the legs around Pogba for him to shine offensively.

Shimo

First it was no pictures of him during the flight out, so that meant something was about to happen. Then the "spat" video - so there is unrest in the squad.

Now that media team are posting more pics of him and some even happy looking, wonder what story people will make up around that.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
First it was no pictures of him during the flight out, so that meant something was about to happen. Then the "spat" video - so there is unrest in the squad.

Now that media team are posting more pics of him and some even happy looking, wonder what story people will make up around that.
Does that amount to there being no issue with him at all? As in he never actually said he's looking for a new challenge and Mino is just having a laugh?