Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xaviboy

I wonder if the chat with Ole happend when he returned from holidays and was given the reassurances that we are bringing in players that will help the team and improve or maybe not and will leave.

jesperjaap

If he signs a new contract and we manage to get Longstaff+ Bruno I'd be thrilled. Let's not forget how brilliant Paul actually is.
How brilliant is he then? I think everybody has been waiting his whole career to show "The real Pogba consistently"....he is 26 now and still hasnt done so for more than 3 months. I would say lets not forget how shit he has actually been just as often as he has been brilliant, his general performances are usually in between but littered often with so much almost lazy, careless play you cant say he has been anything other than good as talented as he can be

jesperjaap

Yes you would. Pogba will earn any club sponsored by Adidas close to £100m commercial revenue a season as long as he’s signed to Adidas. 5 year deal = £500m. He has 36m followers on Insta. Money maker.

It’s the reason we won’t accept any swap deals. Commercial revenue we lose can’t be made back by Madrid’s unwanted players.
The sad thing is there is probably a lot of truth in this, says so much about what is wrong with football and what is wrong with Pogba, he is a world star and personality, but nothing more than a good player from his performances.....should be straight out the door for the performances he has put in, as his value as a football player is nowhere near any of the other players we have sold to Madrid

jesperjaap

Not a chance, and Ronaldo would definitely have wanted to leave this season as well (if not earlier) if he'd been surrounded with a similar team and lack of success.
This is true, you cant begrudge a player wanting to leave after giving there all and performing admirably for the team while they played for the club, if it wasnt performing to the standards expected.

I would use Van Nistlerooy as an example of this. Very little silverware when he was at the club durign a rebuilding period. He will always be remembered as a great player at the club, in my lifetime I would probably say he has been our best striker in fact......Pogba though wouldnt get anywhere near a conversation of our greatest playes in respective positions....in fact I would compare him more to Veron performance wise over his time here, difference being Veron bar his time in England actually was a fantastic player for all the other clubs he played for, Pogba is a myth, he wasnt a great player at Juventus either. Interesting to see how he does if he moves Madrid for example as I think in 10-15years time conversation he is most likely to come up in is the most over rated players of all time.

Rish Sawhney

Does that amount to there being no issue with him at all? As in he never actually said he's looking for a new challenge and Mino is just having a laugh?
Players say they "want a new challenge" all the time and it doesn't always lead to a move. Often enough its just to posture for a new contract and elevate their bargaining position in the lead up to contract talks.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This is true, you cant begrudge a player wanting to leave after giving there all and performing admirably for the team while they played for the club, if it wasnt performing to the standards expected.

I would use Van Nistlerooy as an example of this. Very little silverware when he was at the club durign a rebuilding period. He will always be remembered as a great player at the club, in my lifetime I would probably say he has been our best striker in fact......Pogba though wouldnt get anywhere near a conversation of our greatest playes in respective positions....in fact I would compare him more to Veron performance wise over his time here, difference being Veron bar his time in England actually was a fantastic player for all the other clubs he played for, Pogba is a myth, he wasnt a great player at Juventus either. Interesting to see how he does if he moves Madrid for example as I think in 10-15years time conversation he is most likely to come up in is the most over rated players of all time.
Van Nistlerooy played with Giggs Scholes Keane Beckham Neville Sheringham Ole Cole Veron Ronaldo Rooney Rio....it's actually saddening writing all those names down, and whilst a great cf he actually held us back in the end.

Pogba hasn't had the luxury of playing in a functioning team with top players.

The Veron comparison I actually think is unfair on Veron because he suffered playing in a great side with a fixed setup and we didn't really know how to get the best out of him.....Pogba has 24 goals and 23 assists in the premier league alone since his return, that's without other tournaments. For a midfielder that's impressive and other than media agenda it's incomparable to what Veron did in his time. But as I said it's unfair because he'd have been, like Pogba, the main man in this squad. He'd have good numbers too no doubt but the team would still be crap.

I can't take anyone serious when they're so blinkered about Pogba that they try to play down his performances at Juve and France. It just discredits your whole argument.

GazTheLegend

I think he seems a good agent, wouldn't mind him at all as a player. As a supporter of the club, I obviously wouldn't want us to deal with him very much, but he's a good agent for his players, takes care of them.

Only thing is sometimes his strategies are quite aggressive and backfire.
Nah. If I was a player I’d ask myself “why is this man giving himself £40 million pounds that could and maybe should have gone to me and my club?!”

Le Red

Pogba has 24 goals and 23 assists in the premier league alone since his return, that's without other tournaments. For a midfielder that's impressive and other than media agenda it's incomparable to what Veron did in his time.
That's absurdly underwhelming for a world record signing. It's about 8 goals and assists per season. Just look at Lampard's and Gerrard's numbers for a comparison.
Hell, even Sigurdsson has better numbers.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
That's absurdly underwhelming for a world record signing. It's about 8 goals and assists per season. Just look at Lampard's and Gerrard's numbers for a comparison.
Hell, even Sigurdsson has better numbers.

Sigurdsson has 26 and 22. So it's almost identical but Are you really saying he's a midfielder?

As for 'absurdly underwhelming'......well we have been haven't we ? Since saf left us. Every single player has been and every single year has been. And we now have a squad of underwhelming players where only 2/3 would be considered by top clubs. So for a midfielder to boast the highest stats for goals/assists suggests he isn't the problem.

The problem is 'fans' who see 'world record fee' and refuse to recognise football is also a team sport and our team is

1. Substandard
2. Better with Pogba

dmode

Pardon ?
The guy clearly wants to go.Haven't you read his comments ?
They're everything but 'committed'.

Like others have said above,he nor Lukaku should be on the tour.
They dont want to be there.
I think he will leave if he gets a good offer but he won't... so for me he remains a Manchester United player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don't like him or his approach, but Raiola will always do what a player wants. His players do move a lot, but he also has Veratti and before Nedved, who was one of the best players in the world at the time and never made a beep when it came to transfers. Even went with Juventus to Serie B. The transfer to Juventus was also Lazio decision because of financial difficulties (was at the same time when they sold Veron to us).
They don't, Raiola's clients don't move more than usual.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They don't, Raiola's clients don't move more than usual.
Quite possibly. It goes around a lot, so people take it as gospel at this point. Tbf, he knows how to kick up the fuss, so that's partly the reason why some fans or clubs have animosity towards him and have that feeling in general.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Does that amount to there being no issue with him at all? As in he never actually said he's looking for a new challenge and Mino is just having a laugh?
When I was openly speaking out about wanting to move on and do something different in my organisation last year, I was offered a new contract, new role and stayed.

Footballer are human beings and need to be motivated. I'm certain he doesn't want to be at a team scrapping around for Europa League spots, but he'd be very happy being a key man at a United side chasing silverware and in the CL each year.

JPRouve

Scout
Quite possibly. It goes around a lot, so people take it as gospel at this point. Tbf, he knows how to kick up the fuss, so that's partly the reason why some fans or clubs have animosity towards him and have that feeling in general.
The idea basically come from Ibrahimovic's career but if you look into it, it was a normal path for someone that started in Malmö, players have to climb the football ladder, then there is the calciopoli, his issues with Guardiola and then Milan having money problems. Balotelli was thrown out of all clubs because of his childish attitude. The rest are normal players with normal careers(1 or 2 clubs outside of loans), his clients don't make strange moves either at the exception of maybe Weiss who I believe could have had a better career in Europe.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
cleaned out where. i want him gone as much as anyone, but there is no takers for anything like what we want to charge. There is one club legitimately interested in him and they can't afford him. Whether he stays or not we need more creativity in midfield.
we've been needing that in midfield for about five years, I'm afraid to say. I'm just hopefully we can come to an agreement with Madrid using cash + players or Poba (I agree they are unlikely to stomp up all that money although I bet they could actually afford it)

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Well that's different I guess. Do you think he could? If he did do you think Pogba would be committed to the team?
Why not? If he stays (assuming Ole can convince him rather than pricing him out of the move) then I believe he will be committed to the team. People who expect him to run like a man man will obvious be disappointed and question his commitment.

JPRouve

Scout
Why not? If he stays (assuming Ole can convince him rather than pricing him out of the move) then I believe he will be committed to the team. People who expect him to run like a man man will obvious be disappointed and question his commitment.
I was going to say the same thing. I don't really know why but people seem to think that Pogba is somehow special(in a bad way), that for some reason he can't be committed to the team. Most players are easily committed to teams that pay them well and provide them enough on field support to be successful. Players aren't committed for the sake of being committed, the same way clubs aren't committed to a player just because he currently is their player. @balaks take Tottenham as an example, players are committed because overall PL players are well paid and you have an excellent coach who convinced them that they can be successful with him in your club, otherwise your best players would have done what Carrick, Modric, Bale and Berbatov did.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
I was going to say the same thing. I don't really know why but people seem to think that Pogba is somehow special(in a bad way), that for some reason he can't be committed to the team. Most players are easily committed to teams that pay them well and provide them enough on field support to be successful. Players aren't committed for the sake of being committed, the same way clubs aren't committed to a player just because he currently is their player. @balaks take Tottenham as an example, players are committed because overall PL players are well paid and you have an excellent coach who convinced them that they can be successful with him in your club, otherwise your best players would have done what Carrick, Modric, Bale and Berbatov did.
Tbh it's @balaks and that guy is obsessed with Pogba and not in good way. Just read his posts on Pogba and it's too obvious.

Ooohlala!!!

Supports
Women with long legs
As I don't think he'll be moving this season the ball is definitely in his court. He hasn't done himself any favours the last 3 years with some good performances, some average and some utterly disgraceful. If he knuckles down and sets himself high standards then of course we're a better team with him in it (want to see him gone myself but sometimes you have to be pragmatic)

My big question is if he stays will we forget about signing players like Bruno? If so then what exactly will have changed for him to change his attitude and actually show us the player he can be?

What a mess.

Art Vandelay

Even if he stays I think a replacement for him is a must. We can't be in a situation where he can't be dropped because there's no one else as we've seen how consistently shit he can be.

Gasolin

Unfortunately I can't see him leaving this summer. The only reason he's being linked with Madrid is because Zidane has a massive hard on for him. Neither the president, board, fans (majority) want him or his circus there.

Everything wrong with that. He could of said he was looking for reassurances before he and his evil twin made it more than clear enough they want an out.
Sounds to me for now no-one wants him so like the rat he is he's now trying to cover all the bases in case a move doesn't work out. Bumper pay rise in the offering? Well played Pogba /Raiola. If I see him kiss the badge I'm gonna puke.
A homegrown player kisses the badge and you are going to puke? United is the big picture here and if he’s giving his all to win titles he should be allowed to do what he wants. Jesus, what kind of BS is that? It Pogba wants us to get De Ligt and Sancho and Bruno and a DM to win games to be it. Maybe he’s trying to save face but I think a committed Pogba is something special.

Gasolin

Didn't Sir Alex break the Rooney story to the press? After that the Englishman made a public statement which in hindsight was spot on and proves how embarrassing the abuse he received was.

Wazza was extremely respectful in his words to the club, the saga ended in exactly 5 days with him signing a new contract and it was publicly made know that he apologised to Sir Alex personally and then to the entire squad.
I think that’s what Ole should require from Pogba, but we can give him a new contract. He is marketable and can be world class when committed. This saga lasts longer but we should let Ole handle it. Also, we need some creative signings!

Gasolin

About the reassurance part (assuming it's true), I get where the guy is coming from. No one wants to spend their peak years playing with Matic and Fred, while languishing for a top 4 finish.

But he doesn't seem to realise that he is part of the problem. It's clear that when he's arsed, he can put in the defensive work, and be a great midfielder. But he can't seem to/doesn't want to do that week in week out.

Ideally I would like him gone, but we already have so many positions to strengthen, and less time, doesn't make sense to sell him this summer.

Without him, our midfield goes from average to utterly shocking.
But we need him to score, we need our strikers to score. Do you care that Pogba defend? Not really if this is not his role. Why can’t Matic provide cover on time? Why can’t others unblock the game when Pogba is marked?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he's staying. There seems to be a change in the wind.

I assume Juve/Madrid can't stump up the fee this summer. Maybe Ole's convinced him to give it 1 more season and see how we progress.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why can’t others unblock the game when Pogba is marked?
Key point, that.

In theory, Rashford takes another step, Martial plays consistently close to his best level, and the team as a unit function after a fashion - and we won't rely on Pogba to pull strings to such a degree.

But I can't say I feel comfortable banking on the first two happening (the third simply has to happen - if not it's Ole out, pretty much).

In short - we should definitely bring in someone. Another creative string to play on is necessary - someone who can be relied on in a playmaking capacity. B. Fernandes, for instance. But regardless, we should try to add that player this window regardless of whether Pogba stays or not.

Eric's Seagull

Key point, that.

In theory, Rashford takes another step, Martial plays consistently close to his best level, and the team as a unit function after a fashion - and we won't rely on Pogba to pull strings to such a degree.

But I can't say I feel comfortable banking on the first two happening (the third simply has to happen - if not it's Ole out, pretty much).

In short - we should definitely bring in someone. Another creative string to play on is necessary - someone who can be relied on in a playmaking capacity. B. Fernandes, for instance. But regardless, we should try to add that player this window regardless of whether Pogba stays or not.
Agreed. Sensible to get another player in to take the burden off Pogba becuase if his game is off our main creative outlet gets nullitied.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I think he's staying. There seems to be a change in the wind.

I assume Juve/Madrid can't stump up the fee this summer. Maybe Ole's convinced him to give it 1 more season and see how we progress.
There is a huge gap between what United want and what Madrid/Juve are prepared to pay for him, so as things stand he is likely to stay.

Jordan_mufc

In my opinion he stays. Due to the fact that no one has the financial power to pay his fee during this window and he may have potentially received some reassurances from Ole.

I'm still undecided as to whether this is a good thing or not.

If we were to buy a suitable partner for him and create a more balanced midfield, I could see him having a cracker of a season and propelling us into one of the top 3 positions in the league.

However, if those reinforcements do not arrive, it will be the same old same old next season. Only this time the media will ramp things up due to the circus that we have already had this summer.

My gut feeling says he's off next summer anyway.