Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
To give you an impression of the what the Chiringuito is, it's like the Daily Sport of television programmes wearing a Real Madrid shirt. The arrogance of the presenters is sickening. Imagine Tim Lovejoy in a house of mirrors with compliments constantly firing his way through the P.A. system.

I'd be more worried if Babestation reported that Pogba could still leave.
The influence of Pogba's brother in all this would be the same either he is interviewed in el chiringuito or by Di Marzio.
Do not focus on the container but on the content.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
“Must respect this” my arse. Is that why he’s been tapping him up the past 12 months? More like he’s been slapped down by his boss.

ZZ and Pogba both come out of this looking like clowns and with damaged integrity. Now that Pogba has been rejected twice by Madrid, perhaps it will teach him a thing or two about who and what to value.

Have been critical of Woodward on many issues but he deserves a lot of credit on his handling of the situation, helped a lot by Solskjar superior people management skills.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
“Must respect this” my arse. Is that why he’s been tapping him up the past 12 months? More like he’s been slapped down by his boss.
I’m sure the club has evidence of the tapping. If they do, they should lodge an official complaint to UEFA and get Madrid punished in the suitable way

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not captain, not pk taker. As i see it, only matter of time when he will leave. I don't believe that he will keave this summer but in january maybe. Next summer 100%.
Pretty sure there is no designated penalty taker. It goes between Martial, Mata and Rashford depending on which one of them is fouled and if Pogba gets fouled, he'll probably take it himself.

Sp00ks11

Surely Pogba similar to De Gea must realise Real Madrid don't really want him that badly at all, I mean they have made tonnes of signings already, they apparently have even tried to go for Neymar in recent days, yet all they have tried with Pogba is a crappy bid of about 28 million and James which they knew we would reject.

Halal Jalal

He uses his brother and Raiola to talk, what a man
The difference between Pogba and Lukaku is that we wanted rid of Lukaku. I’m sure we’d rather keep Pogba.

As for Poggers being “professional”... if he told his agent and brother to stfu, I’d maybe swallow him being professional. As it is, he’s just happy for others to keep it all going, whilst he remains “professional”. Can’t believe how this gets tolerated. Just put in a transfer request if you want to go and get those fecking cnuts in Madrid to pony up or try actually being “professional”. End.
Do you have any evidence for any of this? For all we know, it's just his irrelevant brother and his fat leech of an agent trying to steal media spotlight. Paul shouldn't be judged by their behaviour, but his own - and he's been nothing but a 100%, focused, disciplined professional ever since the preseason. Even delivered two Pirlo/Zidane/Ronaldinho level assists in first match of the season, MotM.

And yet... his haters will always fabricate some nonsense to whine about.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pretty sure there is no designated penalty taker. It goes between Martial, Mata and Rashford depending on which one of them is fouled and if Pogba gets fouled, he'll probably take it himself.
Rashford explained it as a ‘surprise factor’. ie in chelsea game, the keeper would have done research on Pogba penalty taking, assuming he would take it, and so was unprepared when Rashford stepped up.

Quite a neat strategy if you have several dependable penalty takers on the field.

Last edited:

fergiesarmy1

Used to be the other way round with players like terry henry, if he got fouled he wouldn’t take them, always the chance the fouled player may need medical attention as well I guess.

rotherham_red

Surely Pogba similar to De Gea must realise Real Madrid don't really want him that badly at all, I mean they have made tonnes of signings already, they apparently have even tried to go for Neymar in recent days, yet all they have tried with Pogba is a crappy bid of about 28 million and James which they knew we would reject.
This is what says it all to me, tbh. If they truly wanted him, they'd have ponied up the money with little hassle.

Even if we were amenable to selling Pogba next summer, there is little chance of them ponying up our asking price. If they do, then great. If not, he stays and we'll hopefully be ready to properly challenge by the end of that season.

Jimmy_Bond

The influence of Pogba's brother in all this would be the same either he is interviewed in el chiringuito or by Di Marzio.
Do not focus on the container but on the content.
We all know Madrid is a filthy club who like to unsettle players by doing their shopping through the press.

As much as Woodwood's stubbornness can be a pain when we're trying to sign players, it will be an absolute blessing in seeing off Madrid this summer. The more they try to unsettle and bully United, the less probability he'll end up at Madrid, and I refer to next summer as well.

Madrid should worry about their own shop before trying to unsettle others. They've been an absolute disgrace this preseason both on and off the pitch, and having watched all of Zidane's press conferences, he's sounding more and more hapless by the day. He'll be gone by new year, then Pogba's brother will certainly remember who Mourinho is.

Reactions: Sultan

fps

We all knew that Jose was a bit of a knob though right.

The issue is clubs tend to swing from 1 extreme to the other. Jose was a knob with a record of winning pots. We have swung to OGS who is a decent guy but....
Yeah, honestly, with any club, if they're winning, the players are going to be happy. If they're not winning, they won't be happy. If you get into an Arsenal situation, where they're not winning much but are happy, that's actually the worst thing of all.

What I'm starting to realise with Pogba is he isn't this arrogant figure people paint him as, he's just an ambitious, hard-working guy who is also a bit of a goofball. I wouldn't blame him for leaving if Man Utd can't match his ambitions, he'll be 27 this year and time is short in a footballing career.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
We all know Madrid is a filthy club who like to unsettle players by doing their shopping through the press.

As much as Woodwood's stubbornness can be a pain when we're trying to sign players, it will be an absolute blessing in seeing off Madrid this summer. The more they try to unsettle and bully United, the less probability he'll end up at Madrid, and I refer to next summer as well.

Madrid should worry about their own shop before trying to unsettle others. They've been an absolute disgrace this preseason both on and off the pitch, and having watched all of Zidane's press conferences, he's sounding more and more hapless by the day. He'll be gone by new year, then Pogba's brother will certainly remember who Mourinho is.
In that you are right.It is useless to think about next summer seeing the atmosphere that is now in August(although a couple of victories and everything will change).
The spanish press keeps talking about a "miracle" in this summer market that won't happen.
Anyway in this case Madrid don't unsettle but the brother of your player

Jimmy_Bond

In that you are right.It is useless to think about next summer seeing the atmosphere that is now in August(although a couple of victories and everything will change).
The spanish press keeps talking about a "miracle" in this summer market that won't happen.
Anyway in this case Madrid don't unsettle but the brother of your player
The Chiringuito is yet another mouthpiece of Madrid. The presenter is an absolute disgrace, I've watched it a few times and the way they try to condescend people is unbelievable. The treatment of Nacho Tellado in particular was pathetic. Getting Pogba's brother on to try and get some quotes to further unsettle a player that belongs to another club is Madrid through and through. They control AS, Marca and The Chiringuito, and the "journalists" of these "publications" are nothing more than puppets, with Florentino"s hand firmly up their backsides.

Would MUTV do an interview with Harry Maguire's brother to try and unsettle him and get some quotes to run with and annoy Leicester? No.

MUTV is more impartial than The Chiringuito.

Sir Alex had it right when he said "I wouldn't sell that lot a virus." Unfortunately, such was his loyalty to his players, he ended up selling them Cristiano, against his true personal wishes undoubtedly. Barca and Madrid are the dictionary definition of "falta de educación y vergüenza."

Reactions: Sultan

el3mel

The difference between Pogba and Lukaku is that we wanted rid of Lukaku. I’m sure we’d rather keep Pogba.

As for Poggers being “professional”... if he told his agent and brother to stfu, I’d maybe swallow him being professional. As it is, he’s just happy for others to keep it all going, whilst he remains “professional”. Can’t believe how this gets tolerated. Just put in a transfer request if you want to go and get those fecking cnuts in Madrid to pony up or try actually being “professional”. End.
No one wants to pay for Pogba. That's about it. No club think he's worth 150-160m. We are both stuck with each other at the moment so he will have to perform.

fergiesarmy1

No one wants to pay for Pogba. That's about it. No club think he's worth 150-160m. We are both stuck with each other at the moment so he will have to perform.
Or worse, he could drive his price down which I thought he was trying to do at the end of last season personally. I doubt I’ll ever trust him :(

izzydiggler

Yep. For all the talk of him being a ‘superstar’ and ‘world class’, Madrid offered a pittance, whilst spending fortunes on other players. If they’d have offered £150m in June he’d be there already but they seemingly don’t think he’s worth anything close to that or at least well down on the priority list.

For all the talk of him definitely being a Madrid player next year, I don’t see much changing unless he can prove he can be consistently great, which I very much doubt he will be next year. For all his talent, he’s not a difference maker enough of the time and a £150m for a ‘piece in the puzzle’ is probably spent elsewhere.

Nico87

If Madrid were really determined to Land both Hazard & Pogba but could only afford one and had to get the other next summer, why the hell did they do it this way around when Hazard would have been free next year.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If Madrid were really determined to Land both Hazard & Pogba but could only afford one and had to get the other next summer, why the hell did they do it this way around when Hazard would have been free next year.
Because Madrid board know what most United fans know:

Pogba isn’t worth that kind of investment as he cannot handle responsibility of being the consistent game changer, which such a fee demands.

Last edited:

cyberman

There's a difference between not wanting to pay for Pogba and getting the biggest financial giant in world football to sell a player we don't want to sell.
The rest of it is just noise. Madrid cant afford this, plain and simple.
They've gone from signing who they want to linking themselves to elite players only to sneakily sign the cheaper alternatives instead.
Look at Neymar, Mbappe and Pogba. All could have joined Madrid before their last move but all refused. That doesn't matter though, they're Madrid players in spirit because of all the links so stand in awe of the might of Real.
Mbappe moves to PSG? All of a sudden the propaganda comes out 6 months later that they had the 180m fee ready to go.
Neymar about to move? Reports saying Perez has fee ready to go just when it looks too late and he's off to Barca.
One day the football world will cop on to this nonsense. Maybe when they start with Viniscus, Benzema and Jovetic in 2019 it will start to become clear.
They're waiting out contracts. Their financial might has lessened.
Doesn't mean they don't rate Pogba.

el3mel

There's a difference between not wanting to pay for Pogba and getting the biggest financial giant in world football to sell a player we don't want to sell.
The rest of it is just noise. Madrid cant afford this, plain and simple.
They've gone from signing who they want to linking themselves to elite players only to sneakily sign the cheaper alternatives instead.
Look at Neymar, Mbappe and Pogba. All could have joined Madrid before their last move but all refused. That doesn't matter though, they're Madrid players in spirit because of all the links so stand in awe of the might of Real.
Mbappe moves to PSG? All of a sudden the propaganda comes out 6 months later that they had the 180m fee ready to go.
Neymar about to move? Reports saying Perez has fee ready to go just when it looks too late and he's off to Barca.
One day the football world will cop on to this nonsense. Maybe when they start with Viniscus, Benzema and Jovetic in 2019 it will start to become clear.
They're waiting out contracts. Their financial might has lessened.
Doesn't mean they don't rate Pogba.
They can rate him but at the same time think he's overpriced at such price tag, which is a correct thing. He's a very good player on his day but is he a 160m player ?

romufc

They can rate him but at the same time think he's overpriced at such price tag, which is a correct thing. He's a very good player on his day but is he a 160m player ?
For Madrid yes. Just because we have seen Pogba in a under performing Manutd team we don't value Pogba as much.

I would say he is probably the only one in his position to have the quality he has.

el3mel

For Madrid yes. Just because we have seen Pogba in a under performing Manutd team we don't value Pogba as much.

I would say he is probably the only one in his position to have the quality he has.
Except Madrid don't seem to share the same idea about valuing him as much.

romufc

Except Madrid don't seem to share the same idea about valuing him as much.
Madrid don't have the money. They keep bidding ridiculous amounts for him to show Pogba they are interested.

They know that United will not want to budge on the fee.

Someone needs to stand up to Madrid and say no £150m means £150m but this was before the English window closed. The fee now is £200m because we valued him as an intergal figure in this team, now we cannot replace him.

The way they negotiate with us when we want one of their players is ridiculous.

ravi2

That bid was ridiculous, after that Pogba should have figured out which team really wants him and maybe he can tell his brother to stop running his mouth as well.

el3mel

Madrid don't have the money. They keep bidding ridiculous amounts for him to show Pogba they are interested.

They know that United will not want to budge on the fee.

Someone needs to stand up to Madrid and say no £150m means £150m but this was before the English window closed. The fee now is £200m because we valued him as an intergal figure in this team, now we cannot replace him.

The way they negotiate with us when we want one of their players is ridiculous.
Madrid spent about 300m this summer. They had the entire summer before starting spending money on Hazard and so to bid a good price for Pogba but they didn't. I don't see anything that suggest they think he's value for money at that price tag. More logically they'll wait till his price drop when he gets nearer to his contract end and get him, like what they did with Hazard.

ravi2

Id say he is worth around 120m, but the marketability he brings the amount to 150m

cyberman

That's our valuation of him though. We don't even think he's worth that much since that price has the we don't need to sell tax on it already.
We cant claim other clubs don't rate him when they spend all summer chasing him. That logic is too flawed.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think the moment Madrid paid 100m (+ bonus) for Hazard and they didn't even want to pay anywhere close to what United wanted, Pogba understood he is not much in demand at Real Madrid. Just look at Ronaldo, Sir Alex and Ronaldo had a deal that it should be a world record fee for Ronaldo and Ronaldo basically told him that it won't be an issue and Real Madrid bid 80m for him almost instantly if I remember correctly from one of SAF anecdote, smashing the world record by a large margin. For Pogba they bid one outcast player + 20m. Pogba is smart enough to understand his situation and just went about his training professionally.

His brothers are bit of a nuisance to be honest. Last year it was Barca and now this year it's Madrid. They like the limelight and the fame that comes with being his brother. I don't think we should pay any attention to them as he basically told what Pogba wanted at the start and got paid handsomely I am sure for this interview

el3mel

That's our valuation of him though. We don't even think he's worth that much since that price has the we don't need to sell tax on it already.
We cant claim other clubs don't rate him when they spend all summer chasing him. That logic is too flawed.
Again I didn't say they don't rate him in general. They rate him but probably think this is overpriced. Of course we're free to put whatever price tag we want on him. Others paying for it or not is another thing, and at the moment I don't think other clubs will pay 150-160m so he'll have to stay for now whatever he wants to leave or not.

Adamsk7

He won’t leave this summer but the reality is, as things currently stand, he does want to go.

he has not posted any Manchester United related stuff on Instagram for months now and he used to quite often after games and training. Now that can be a “get my head down” type of scenario but the likelihood is it’s because him and his team are working on his (albeit slow) exit.

things could change if we are competitive this season and perhaps make a good January addition but I think we’d do well to prepare now for his exit.

TsuWave

Pogba’s brother is so shameless. Like I can’t imagine me running around all in my brother’s business talking about him all the time.

What happened to just mooching off of your more successful siblings quietly and in peace?

adamwest

Paul just shouted out his brother for the interview on his Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/stories/paulpogba/2111818308068382201/?igshid=h1k26o5d5bsv

1 step forwards 2 steps back with this guy
feck me we have some precious souls on here. I've just looked at the story - it's a picture of his brother being interviewed. He's promoting the fact his brother was in the press from what I see. Really not that much of an issue. What's he supposed to say - my brother's an attention seeking spanner?

Based Adnan

feck me we have some precious souls on here. I've just looked at the story - it's a picture of his brother being interviewed. He's promoting the fact his brother was in the press from what I see. Really not that much of an issue. What's he supposed to say - my brother's an attention seeking spanner?
His brothers a professional footballer and has been constantly interviewed on other platforms before. The one that Pogba just so happens to shout out is the interview in Spain where his brother said Paul wants to leave and join Real Madrid

Don't be so naive