Pogba

0le

you won't get 70m with him out of contract next summer and if he doesnt' want to extend, you have to sell him this transfer window. You can't have him going into the season out of contract and a free agent come january as it would be too big of a distraction. Also, he isn't the guy that is going to make the difference between us finish inside the top four or not.
There is literally a report just above my post where there is discussion for less than €80m which is around £70m. It is hardly going to be a distraction any more so than what the distractions he normally brings. He is world class, of course he can make the difference.

bosskeano

There is literally a report just above my post where there is discussion for less than €80m which is around £70m. It is hardly going to be a distraction any more so than what the distractions he normally brings. He is world class, of course he can make the difference.
Yes, you still won't get that much for a couple of reasons. He's out of contract in six months plus they just spent 70m on bringing in Hakimi from Inter. You might be able to squeeze 60m out of them if you're lucky.

He has world class ability but he has yet to reach that world class status. Massive difference.

TrustInOle

Seems inevitable now that he isn't interested in renewing! Can't say I'm not gutted but we can't mess around now, get a decent enough fee for him from PSG and use the money plus whatever we were willing to spend on a CM to bring in a starter and a prodigy. Garner could surprise some of us but I think a PL loan would be best for him.

Whether you like him or not, we are loosing a creative force and needs replacing asap.

Eugenius

That we are better without him.

Look, im not blind, when he is good he is pretty darn good but those games are (imo) few and far between. I value consistency very high and i dont think Pogba offer us that. Then the way he is so easily dispossessed in dangerous situations isnt good for my blood pressure.

I dont think he is a bad player, far from it, i just think he isnt the right player for us. I hope we sell him to PSG and find a better suited player.
I disagree - I think he has been consistently good when is played in a position where he's playing further up the pitch. Has won us games or made big contributions like Spurs away, Milan away, West Ham away off the top of my head. Visibily takes the pressure off Bruno to force very high risk passes all the time.

If I look at last season the only players who had consistent performances were Shaw and Maguire. So I'm not sure that's a stick to beat him when Bruno, Rashford and Martial etc each had several poor games last season.

Hulksmash

We won't get more then 50M. Sell him for 50M and move on, he won't extend, Raiola already told us back in January

flappyjay

Don't be a pushover. Obviously €80 million would be fantastic but squeeze every penny out of them.

They're not buying him to reclaim the Ligue 1 title, they believe he will make the difference in winning the CL (silly bastards...) so make them pay heavily for it.
Yeah they know that if they want to get him it has to be now or he will go to Juve or madrid (I think they would get him on a free) next year.

Dunk the Lunk

I disagree - I think he has been consistently good when is played in a position where he's playing further up the pitch. Has won us games or made big contributions like Spurs away, Milan away, West Ham away off the top of my head. Visibily takes the pressure off Bruno to force very high risk passes all the time.

If I look at last season the only players who had consistent performances were Shaw and Maguire. So I'm not sure that's a stick to beat him when Bruno, Rashford and Martial etc each had several poor games last season.
Thats fair. He did have a few great games on the bounce towards the end of last season and if he stays i hope he can continue to build on that. If we could find a way to effectively utilise him and he can get a run of games to build momentum maybe he can raise his consistency, then im all for him staying. I just dont see it, not because i dont think he is good enought, but because i think its just one of those times the club and the player is a match, it happens.
If he goes im sure he will blow it up and he'll be a hugh success, sadly it wont happen here in my opinion.

Anyhow, that was my last post for the day, i wish you a good evening sir :)

Reactions: Raoul

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yes, you still won't get that much for a couple of reasons. He's out of contract in six months plus they just spent 70m on bringing in Hakimi from Inter. You might be able to squeeze 60m out of them if you're lucky.

He has world class ability but he has yet to reach that world class status. Massive difference.
We paid for 24 year old player with massive potential. Whoever is buying him will be paying for what he delivers so I'd expect that to be slightly lower price.

Seems inevitable now that he isn't interested in renewing! Can't say I'm not gutted but we can't mess around now, get a decent enough fee for him from PSG and use the money plus whatever we were willing to spend on a CM to bring in a starter and a prodigy. Garner could surprise some of us but I think a PL loan would be best for him.

Whether you like him or not, we are loosing a creative force and needs replacing asap.
We aren't interested in moving the world to make him sign either.
We won't get more then 50M. Sell him for 50M and move on, he won't extend, Raiola already told us back in January
I agree. We can get better if there are more clubs interested and Pogba is undecided, but something like 60+ would be pretty good.

wise_old_man

We aren't interested in moving the world to make him sign either.
He's already earning near 300k/week already. What could be "moving the world" by your definition?

Rashford, our poster boy was even moved to Right Wing where he was not as effective, to bring Pogba into the left so he can attack all he likes, without heavy defensive duty (And Rashford regularly tracked back when he played on the left though). So we didn't just pay Pogba fat salary, we tried our best to help him shine too.

Unless his mate Griezmann has been boasting nonstop to Pogba about him earning 800k/week at Barcelona, Pogba has no reason to think Manchester United is not that bothered with him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He'll sign a new contract. We are not a selling club.
Hm....in reality we are not. But Di Maria and Cristiano went to other clubs and reached peak there. Same will be with Pogba. If he doesn't want to sign new contract.....we will be firced to sell. And it will be huge blow for us

Last edited:

Steve 007

He needs to go, yes he’s a very capable player but every-time there has been a stink around our club he’s been front and centre.
Let’s be realistic, he is one of the best paid players in the premier League, has he earned it?
is he consistent? how does he compare to Bruno or De Bruyne?
Most importantly, does he want to be here? When do we stop blaming managers for his form?
I do get the argument he is capable of being a great player and on his day is superb. The problem is finding a replacement who can do what we expected Pogba to do.

luck&neat

I like Pogba, and think he's come off the back of a good season with us - having made a positive influence on a lot of results. My gut (and everything i've read) tells me he has no intention of being at United past the end of his contract.

If that's the case, and surely the club knows this one way or another, we really must look to move him on. Sooner rather than later. We find ourselves looking at a void in the middle of the pitch again. As much as I appreciate McSauce and Fred, losing Pogba and his association with them will make our midfield even less inspiring.

The sooner the Pogba situation is made clear, the sooner the club can find a solution(s) to our midfield conundrum. You'd hope they have already planned ahead for this scenario, but previous experience would indicate they aren't the best at being decisive and thinking in advance...

reddevilz007

Latest rumours is he wants out.
We should just sell him and stop wasting out time running after him.

hobbers

For £50-60m, good riddance to be honest.

Always angling for a move. Agent always disparaging the club. Only so much of that you can put up with for a player who goes missing so often in big games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll sign a new contract. We are not a selling club.
Does he start for us in a big game this season? Last season Ole had given up on Pogba working in a midfield 2 and used him more and more in the front 4 as he wasn't working well in the middle. So with that logic, for me, he isn't part of our best 4 attackers. He's backup to Bruno and Sancho for creativity purposes at that point. And using him in midfield in a big game is a bad idea... so yeah, I'd rather we just sell tbh.

youmeletsfly

He has 1 year left, of course all the big teams will try to open discussions with him.
I still think he's going nowhere.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's already earning near 300k/week already. What could be "moving the world" by your definition?

Rashford, our poster boy was even moved to Right Wing where he was not as effective, to bring Pogba into the left so he can attack all he likes, without heavy defensive duty (And Rashford regularly tracked back when he played on the left though). So we didn't just pay Pogba fat salary, we tried our best to help him shine too.

Unless his mate Griezmann has been boasting nonstop to Pogba about him earning 800k/week at Barcelona, Pogba has no reason to think Manchester United is not that bothered with him.
I believe we're very reluctant to give him a significant pay rise. And that's the correct decision imo.

Moving Pogba to the left wing and then buying Sancho is the nail in the coffin for Paul career at United. I'd bet we're looking for a seller rather than negotiating a contract extension. Everyone is tired of this circus, and Pogba isn't even an integral part of this team that cannot be replaced. I don't know if Pogba has no reason to think the club is not bothered with him, but surely we have serious reasons to believe he's not bothered with the club. I don't hold that against him, but seems stupid to invest time in an asset who will surely repeat the whole drama next season or two.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If he does not renew (lets set a deadline), we should push for around 60-70m, and reinvest immediately. Long term, we could benefit from that.
On top, Pogba is not a player you keep for the sake of it (like a Ronaldo or so, he would sulk)

bosskeano

If there is even any shred of truth to some of these demands, we need to tell him to piss off and sell him

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I love the idea of Raoila demanding a fee for a contract renewal. Firstly, I doubt that source/tweet has any more knowledge than this nice cup of tea sitting in front of me. But if that's true, tells you all you need to know about the scum.

All he's doing is resigning with his current club! What does 30m get the player, or the club ffs?

The sooner the big clubs get a whatsapp group going called 'f*ck the fat f*cker and his ilk' going and just all agree he can go enjoy his riches but that he'll not be getting a penny more from them, the better.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If it were prime messi or ronaldo, i could understand. But Pogba has flattered to deceive mostly for us.

What he is basically doing now is saying "I am a 90 million pound player, therefore i should be paid like one." He was never a 90 million pound player to begin with.

I would not be adverse to him staying but not on the wages quoted and his shitbag agent getting 30 million.

cyberman

If that is true, they can both feck off. Ridiculous.
Ill say this, tbf his last contract was 5 years ago. Not saying he deserves this on his own but he hasnt been greedy while he's been here.
Edit he isnt getting 1m a week. Thats absolutely ridiculous

Fahad Jawaid

Sell him, add another 20M & sign Grealish, I guess everybody can get onboard with that specially with the fact that after every few days his agent, his brother and him will start yapping about Madrid or Juventus even after signing the contract. I have had enough of his bullshit. Just let him go and replace him with Grealish.

A summer with Sancho, Varane, Camavinga & Grealish is stuff of dreams common woody remember we can do things in the transfer market other clubs can only dream off.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

I mostly agree with the rest of your post, but Rashford has been very poor at tracking back and helping out defensively for two seasons now. I'm tempted to say Pogba was probably doing more defensively in those games he was played on the left than Rashford normally does these days.

CM

That's how you get "Barceloned" financially.
Basically, yeah. Raiola pulled the same stunt with Donnarumma and it was more financially prudent for Milan to pay a fee for Maignan and pay his wages.

I hope we've learned our lesson in terms of caving to ridiculous contracts now. We've had it with Rooney, Sanchez and de Gea now, we better not get stung for a 4th time.

Hackman2210

Di Maria didn’t reach peak - the standard of the opposition got weaker. Pogba would be awesome in the french league for the same reason. Shite opposition most of the time allowing for great performances in show piece games like the CL. Di Maria was a shambles!!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Unless we get a new MFer (Camavinga), it's safe to assume Ole sticks to a midfield holding two.

That leaves four places... Bruno and Sancho will play in all big games, likely Rashford too and probably Cavani up top.

So unless Ole changes formation and/or drops Mc or Fred, Pogba doesn't look like he's a guaranteed starter. I'm sure he'd play plenty of games but I don't think he's nailed on like say.... Bruno.

For the talent he has, he should be starting every game but doesn't look like his preferred position and Oles preferred formation align.

With 6 months to a Bosman, has to be sold but I wonder if Fatman has already been speaking to PSG and telling them to hold off a year for a freebie.

Very very good player but all things considered, take £50m/€60m if we can get it, spend on a decent midfielder and everyone moves on.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The issue is not selling Pogba, it's the fact we won't replace him and we'll continue to rely on our current awful midfield.

mu4c_20le

Basically, yeah. Raiola pulled the same stunt with Donnarumma and it was more financially prudent for Milan to pay a fee for Maignan and pay his wages.
Donnarumma is on a different level to Maignan. Is AC Milan really the best example for us ?

CM

Donnarumma is on a different level to Maignan. Is AC Milan really the best example for us ?
He's better, but obviously not so much so that Milan were prepared to be bent over a barrel.

Naturally we are bigger spenders than Milan so it's not a direct comparison but I don't think we are desperate to keep Pogba and shouldn't get drawn into paying stupid money to keep him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I mostly agree with the rest of your post, but Rashford has been very poor at tracking back and helping out defensively for two seasons now. I'm tempted to say Pogba was probably doing more defensively in those games he was played on the left than Rashford normally does these days.
Pogba did more defensively than Rashford, he also was more active off the ball and in the buildup. I'd pick Pogba ahead of Rashford against packed defenses for sure. Different story with Sancho in the squad.

Bird Nerd

If we can get 50MM for him+ then let him go. That plus his wages off the books will help us get back to a more normal wage bill. Once De Get is gone that is. And get one squad ready and one 19-20yo to give us a little depth in that position we are lacking currently.

Infra-red

Hes wanted out for years.
Raiola has been offering him around Europe since January 2018. I think he'd have left last year if COVID hadn't hit. Pogba and Raiola will probably try to hold out for the signing on fee from a free transfer next summer, but if the rumours about PSG's interest are true, we'll surely try to flog him this summer instead.