Pogba out for 4 to 6 weeks | No Megathreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Q: I want to post an article from a newspaper's website. Can I copy and paste the text on RedCafe?
A: No. These days a lot of sites have soft or hard paywalls and Niall has frequently received e-mails from these sites threatening legal action because of posters pasting articles from them so please don't do so. It is fine to paste a link as well as maybe the first two sentences from the article but if you find anyone who has posted a full article, please report it so one of the staff can delete it.
article here

Manchester United fear Paul Pogba will be out injured for at least four weeks in a huge blow to manager Jose Mourinho.

Pogba is thought to have undergone a scan on Wednesday but United are not expected to know the full extent of the damage until he has undergone further tests.

Around a month on the sidelines is thought to be the best case scenario but it could be up to six weeks if the worst fears are realised.

Last edited by a moderator:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Herrera needs to bring his 'A' game for the next couple months. Perreira would have been useful now too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Pogba is thought to have undergone a scan on Wednesday but United are not expected to know the full extent of the damage until he has undergone further tests.
The only paragraph worth reading.

MZX7

Herrera needs to bring his 'A' game for the next couple months. Perreira would have been useful now too.
Was thinking the same. Pereira should've been kept from going away on Loan. I see us struggling now. Especially against CSKA Moscow and Liverpool.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
"A month out would rule Pogba out of the Premier League games against Everton, Southampton, Crystal Palace and Liverpool as well as the Champions League game away to CSKA Moscow and the League Cup third round tie at home to Burton Albion."

Only really need him for the Pool game and the CSKA one.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
That def sucks but all our mids except for Herrera perhaps have been playing well so far this season, so I'm not quite as worried as I would ve been otherwise. Absence of someone that important creates opportunity for others to step up. Perhaps a good reason to be a little creative with Martial.

Jam

Love that the Rashford quote seems like it's in response to this speculative news rather just you know... the post match quote:rolleyes:

MZX7

That def sucks but all our mids except for Herrera perhaps have been playing well so far this season, so I'm not quite as worried as I would ve been otherwise. Absence of someone that important creates opportunity for others to step up. Perhaps a good reason to be a little creative with Martial.
It's difficult to expect Pogba's level from Herrera and Fellaini going forward. Herrera and Fellaini would hardly be considered a goal threat. Regardless of whether Fellaini scored against Basel or not.

Morpheus 7

He'll be back for the Liverpool game I think. Until the club update, I wouldn't take too much from the click bait media. Nothing confirmed

Obiorahking_

This is exactly why the decision to loan Andreas didn't make any sense. Our injury history last season was ridiculously poor and I don't understand why we took chances this year. He is the closest player we have to Pogba right now because the rest are just B2B midfielders/DM's. Well, going to need Miki and Herrera to really step it up/ carry on.

Bwuk

Herrera needs to perform this is his chance.

This is why Pereira shouldn't of been loaned. We don't have a reliable creative player from deep without Pogba.

Trizy

Headline should be: We haven't a clue what the injury is like so we'll write an article anyway.

He'll be back for the pool game.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I know this is entirely theoretical but if there's any chance that this was in any way caused by sending him off to play international football against a virtually irrelevant Dutch side and Luxembourg then I think clubs, who are now paying massive wages to these players, have to come down a little bit harder on releasing players for international duty. Make qualifiers for major tournaments have the same rules as the Olympics regarding player choices, they're so boring anyway it would at least be a bit interesting to see up and coming players on a major stage.

This is potentially really shite news as he's the one CM we don't have any natural cover for without changing the way we play.

Dante

Average bang
"A month out would rule Pogba out of the Premier League games against Everton, Southampton, Crystal Palace and Liverpool as well as the Champions League game away to CSKA Moscow and the League Cup third round tie at home to Burton Albion."

Only really need him for the Pool game and the CSKA one.
Aye. It's never ideal to lose your best player, but that run of games should still be winnable without him. On paper, at least.

PieCrust

Hamstring is usually 3-4 weeks minimum. Probable this is a realistic timeline to fully recover.

luke511

I reckon we could see an introduction of 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 because of this injury..

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

Sunday 17th September
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Manchester United16:00Everton
Wednesday 20th September
EFL CUP

• Manchester United20:00Burton Albion
Saturday 23rd September
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Southampton15:00Manchester United
Wednesday 27th September
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
GROUP A

• CSKA Moscow19:45Manchester United
Saturday 30th September
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Manchester United15:00Crystal Palace

International Break

Saturday 14th October
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Liverpool12:30Manchester United

So October 12th is the important date.

I suspect he will be ready by then. But even if not, we should have the advantage over them.

themoyesboy

This is a big opportunity for Fellaini to step up and make that place his own.

Aza Boy

I get a feeling, we will see Mc Tominay between those games.

Quite like him, remind me the young Fletcher.

red_devil83

Not that bothered. Yea, he's been good but if we have any pretensions of being a top side, then we need to cope. Now we shall see.

As long as it's Herrera replacing him not mophead

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
If we're complaining that an injury to one player means our current player of the year has to come back into the team we're spoiled.

Pogba will be a huge miss. But I think Herrera will look great alongside Matic, though perhaps not immediately.

Fellaini just had arguably his best performance for us after replacing Pogba too. Admittedly in a soft game, but still encouraging.

iKnowNothing

Herrera needs to perform this is his chance.

This is why Pereira shouldn't of been loaned. We don't have a reliable creative player from deep without Pogba.

This is why we shouldn't have sent Pereira on loan...

From what we've read so far, Pereira wanted to go out on loan and Jose/club were reluctant to send him on loan and thus the "January recall" clause. If a player wanted to go out on loan for first team football, there's not much the manager or the club can do.

Dante

Average bang
I can see Mkhitaryan or Mata being used as #8s until Pogba comes back. Otherwise, we have very little creativity in the middle third.

Status
Not open for further replies.